PDA

View Full Version : What Is Your Favorite Season?

Freja
Tuesday, October 5th, 2004, 03:49 PM
I simply love autumn, with all its colours, violent rainstorms, cool and crisp air.
Autumn brings a kind of peace that summer lacks, I love spending time alone in the forest, really getting in touch with the wild & natural part of me... :viking1:

Summer is too crowded, too loud, and too hot. I hate getting sweaty, and Im definitely one for wasting time sunbathing. :|
I love spring too, with everything waking to life, all the smells of newly cut grass and plowed fields.
Winter tends to be a little bit too cold up here, and I cant train my horses on frozen and uneven ground (Santa baby, an indoor manege with lights, please - Ive been an awful good girl...). But of course, theres always the prospect of hot chocolate after-ski. :tongue:

What is your favourite time of year?

Evolved
Tuesday, October 5th, 2004, 03:57 PM
Autumn and Spring, Winter. I hate the summer.. :icon_arro

Zyklop
Tuesday, October 5th, 2004, 04:54 PM
I simply love autumn, with all its colours, violent rainstorms, cool and crisp air.
Autumn brings a kind of peace that summer lacks, I love spending time alone in the forest, really getting in touch with the wild & natural part of me... :viking1:

Summer is too crowded, too loud, and too hot. I hate getting sweaty, and Im definitely one for wasting time sunbathing. :|
I love spring too, with everything waking to life, all the smells of newly cut grass and plowed fields.
Winter tends to be a little bit too cold up here, and I cant train my horses on frozen and uneven ground (Santa baby, an indoor manege with lights, please - Ive been an awful good girl...). But of course, theres always the prospect of hot chocolate after-ski. :tongue:

What is your favourite time of year?

I also like autumn the most. I dont know much about the climate in Skandinavia but here in southern Germany we get heavy fog at the time of October/November/Dezember. Im living near a moor so the fog and the atmosphere which comes along is even increased. I also like the cold fresh air.
Not only wandering in free nature but also walking through medieval city centers is much more impressive during autumn. Apart from driving car, winter is great too. Nothing more "romantic" than wandering with your girlfriend for hours through knee-deep snow in the forest and coming home to a cup of mulled wine :)

Perun
Tuesday, October 5th, 2004, 06:33 PM
I honestly have to say Winter and Spring. Winter because life seems to go at a slower pase and plus my birthday is in Winter. Spring because theres much you can do outside without it being as hot as summer.

Rachel
Tuesday, October 5th, 2004, 10:39 PM
I love the mornings where the fog has just rolled in and there is a faint sprinkle of rain. Nothing is more relaxing than going for a long hike in the woods on such a day. However winter is by far my favorite season.

Hersir_Hasteinn
Wednesday, October 6th, 2004, 12:30 AM
I like winter. It just has that certain touch to it.

I don't really care for summer. Too hot, too stuffy, and I burn way too easily. Sometimes there's also just too many people.

Shaun
Wednesday, October 6th, 2004, 02:53 AM
I prefer Winter the best. Since I was young, I've been slightly obsessed with snow. I find it to be a very traditional/family time.

Summer is nice, as I love to look at the stars at night. Unfortunately, at times I have health problems during the day: I have difficulty breathing warm air. The colder, the better health I'm in.

Spring is too wet for my tastes. It just rains here during the rain. Rain is nice, but after awhile misquitos appear. I hate insects.

Autumn is nice. It really does seem to have the nice parts of Summer and Winter. I still prefer my beloved Winter.

cosmocreator
Wednesday, October 6th, 2004, 06:56 AM
Autumn is my favorite. Mostly coniferous forests where I live so I don't get to see the changing of the colors as much as I did in Quebec and Ontario. Really cold winters are good because it keeps the negroes and pakis indoors so it appears like there are less of them. But in late spring when it gets warm, they are out like insects.

Northern Paladin
Wednesday, October 6th, 2004, 05:03 PM
Winter and Autumn are my favorite seasons. Winter because I like snow and snowboarding/skiing. Autumn because of the cool weather and color of the leaves.

Bodewin
Friday, October 8th, 2004, 08:21 PM
I favour Spring and Autumn. I think, because both seasons are of such a power to the imagination and happen to fill the air with so many wonderful scents and aromas.

Some pictures and paintings to celebrate the Autumnal season:

http://www.bosh-alltogether.com/Subjects/Banking/Associates/Autumn.JPG
http://www.stoweartgallery.com/jones/autumn%20solitude.jpg
http://www.artunframed.com/images/grimshaw/Autumn_Morning.jpg
http://www.northernphotography.com/ADIRON_IMG_0827_Adiron_Autumn_Leaves.jpg
http://www.mountwashington.com/pictures/contributions/autumn-auto-road.jpg

Freja
Friday, October 8th, 2004, 08:34 PM
I favour Spring and Autumn. I think, because both seasons are of such a power to the imagination and happen to fill the air with so many wonderful scents and aromas.

Some pictures and paintings to celebrate the Autumnal season:

http://www.bosh-alltogether.com/Subjects/Banking/Associates/Autumn.JPG
http://www.stoweartgallery.com/jones/autumn%20solitude.jpg
http://www.artunframed.com/images/grimshaw/Autumn_Morning.jpg
http://www.northernphotography.com/ADIRON_IMG_0827_Adiron_Autumn_Leaves.jpg
http://www.mountwashington.com/pictures/contributions/autumn-auto-road.jpg

Pictures number two and five were especially wonderful. :love:

Bodewin
Friday, October 8th, 2004, 08:43 PM
Pictures number two and five were especially wonderful. :love:

I like the second one especially, such a beautiful, golden simplicity. :)

NSFreja
Saturday, October 9th, 2004, 06:12 PM
I like spring most, when everything wakes up again after a long time "sleep". Birds start singing, flowers starts growing and after months of darkness, the light wakes up "spring-feelings" in people too.

Here, we use to get snow this time a year, i guess it will come next week, feels like that and we have snow until end of mars/beginning of april.
5-6 months with snow (around 2 m) and cold (around -30C) isn't really that funny, and it is almost always dark, about 6 hrs daylight...

...but well, maybe that's one reason why i have a big family ;)

/M

Jolly Roger
Saturday, October 9th, 2004, 06:45 PM
I also like autumn the most, especially now as the world's climate is changing. In 2003, we had a particularly hot and harsh summer in France, that left a painful toll on the whole country : when it is 35C in the evening, and that even furnitures are hot to the touch, it is impossible to find a restful sleep. Needless to say, that autumn came like a blessing after such a period!... :icon_mrgr

cosmocreator
Saturday, October 9th, 2004, 10:02 PM
Here, we use to get snow this time a year, i guess it will come next week, feels like that and we have snow until end of mars/beginning of april.
5-6 months with snow (around 2 m) and cold (around -30C) isn't really that funny, and it is almost always dark, about 6 hrs daylight...

But it must drive the Negroes crazy. They can't tolerate cold temperatures at all. There's one Negro here that I often see at the library. He's dressed up in a winter coat with hood over his head and I'm still wearing a T shirt. :laugh:

Nordgau
Sunday, October 10th, 2004, 03:04 PM
I like spring and autumn best for being outside. Neither cold winter nor hot summer is really my thing. Different than in summer in winter I can at least wear my Gestapo coats. Also the pre-Christmas spirit in old towns here isn't bad, including freeze and snow. But one shouldn't spend December the 24th in Berlin, there is nothing more horrifying...
The last thing what I understand is why people fly in summer to the south. It's hot enough here, so I wouldn't come to the idea to flee to somewhere where it's even hotter. I don't even lye around half or fully naked and let my body fry by the summer-sun here, the idea of doing that somewhere in Egypt or Sicily... brrr. Rather Hammerfest than Ibiza would be my postulate for July.

Von Braun
Saturday, October 16th, 2004, 08:58 AM

Also, the muds come out of the woodwork for summer.

Dr. Solar Wolff
Saturday, October 30th, 2004, 06:55 AM
Midsummer!! I am at 6500 feet, it is October 29th, and I'm already slogging through 1/1/2 feet of snow. It didn't made it above freezing today.

TisaAnne
Saturday, October 30th, 2004, 07:34 AM
Generally Winter...but I voted "mid-winter". I love the cold, wet and snowy months of the winter season best. I don't fare well in heat or intense sunlight, so physically winter is most comfortable...but also it's the most beautiful time of the year, IMO.

I love to see the trees with their boughs weighted down by snow, or the way the sky always looks so torrential and forboding, and it always smells so crisp and clean! And the way your checks and ears turn pink...I just love that! I LOVE winter! :D

Verslingen
Saturday, October 30th, 2004, 03:57 PM
Our winters here in Red Bay are beautiful but brutal. Like all things that are pure, are. :AWW

hehehe

Verslingen

Tricknologist
Saturday, October 30th, 2004, 04:37 PM
The nine month summers we have in southern Louisiana have taught me to appreciate fall. :)

Jack
Saturday, October 30th, 2004, 04:41 PM
Early Spring :D

Scthach
Saturday, October 30th, 2004, 08:37 PM
All winter, autumn and early spring.

Ewergrin
Saturday, October 30th, 2004, 09:55 PM
Autumn and Winter, of course. As Tricknologist stated, the summer lasts roughly nine months here, and while Autumn officially started a while ago, our temperatures are still in the high 80's. A cool front is supposed to be reaching this land mid next week sometime. I can't wait.

kinvolk
Saturday, October 30th, 2004, 09:57 PM
Fall. A smokey, foggy fall day will get me every time!

anti-climacus
Saturday, November 6th, 2004, 05:27 AM
i voted for late fall because autumn is a tragedy

QuietWind
Saturday, November 6th, 2004, 05:50 AM
Winter. The smells of winter are amazing. The way the snow covers everything in a soft blanket. Here is a poem I like. :)

Wallace Stevens

(1879-1955)

The Snow Man

One must have a mind of winter
To regard the frost and the boughs
Of the pine-trees crusted with snow;

And have been cold a long time
To behold the junipers shagged with ice,
The spruces rough in the distant glitter

Of the January sun; and not to think
Of any misery in the sound of the wind,
In the sound of a few leaves,

Which is the sound of the land
Full of the same wind
That is blowing in the same bare place

For the listener, who listens in the snow,
And, nothing himself, beholds
Nothing that is not there and the nothing that is.

-- from Harmonium , 1923

Prince Eugen
Saturday, November 6th, 2004, 10:02 PM
Mid winter!

Waldgeist
Sunday, November 7th, 2004, 11:09 AM
I think all seasons have their own charms, it's interesting to see the changes in nature when the Wheel of the Year is turning. But my favourite season is mid-winter, I like the cold, I like the soft cover of snow, I like the fact that it's dark early, too bad winters haven't been as harsh and snowy here in Holland as they used to be. But I'm hoping for lot's of snow every year! :)

Pekku
Sunday, November 7th, 2004, 11:45 AM
Mid-winter and -summer. Fall sucks at least here in southern Finland but Lapland at fall and fall colors, me like. :D

Aristotle
Sunday, November 7th, 2004, 04:37 PM
EYTYXEITE!
Exactly!:)
Kindest Regards!
Generally Winter...but I voted "mid-winter". I love the cold, wet and snowy months of the winter season best. I don't fare well in heat or intense sunlight, so physically winter is most comfortable...but also it's the most beautiful time of the year, IMO.

I love to see the trees with their boughs weighted down by snow, or the way the sky always looks so torrential and forboding, and it always smells so crisp and clean! And the way your checks and ears turn pink...I just love that! I LOVE winter! :D

The Blond Beast
Sunday, November 7th, 2004, 09:45 PM
All real northern Europeans revel in the snow, and there's nothing better than being out and about on a clear, brisk winter day and seeing everything dusted with snow.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dplummer/holidays/canada00/d006-130(1).jpg

Though I enjoy all of the seasons...

sud
Sunday, November 7th, 2004, 10:25 PM
Snowboarding, powder snow plus party and friends make mid-winter my very favorite season. I cannot wait.

Tryggvi
Monday, November 8th, 2004, 01:56 AM
Mid-winter, late winter and early spring. When it's coldest.

She-Wolf
Monday, November 8th, 2004, 04:24 PM
I like all the seasons but my favourite is Autumn. I really like mist, leaves, cold rain, fresh air, ghosts and the scents. We don't experience traditional winter very much in England anymore and if there was snow then I would enjoy it.

Johnson
Thursday, November 18th, 2004, 07:57 AM
I miss those 117 degree days in the Northern California mountains, but I guess I'll go with Autumn, especially early-mid October.

Odin Biggles
Thursday, November 18th, 2004, 06:58 PM
Winter.

OraclePhilosophy
Friday, November 19th, 2004, 02:56 AM
I like Autumn I have a rather Philosophical appreciation for this season of my own.

To me nature dies and comes back to rebirth in spring showing that nothing last forever not even us humans but through death rebirth is possible.

I love the colors of the leaves really great going on a hike through the woods when it is like that too.

I guess I might have it better than some in weather wise I live in the deep middle american plains.

I do not like summer for I hate sweating like a dog that and insects biting me all the time the dam blood suckers.

Spring is ok I guess but insects are problem then too making it hard for me to appreciate that season.

I like winter to a degree I just hate shoveling snow, or slipping down on ice looking like a fool. ;) :D :)

Taras Bulba
Friday, November 19th, 2004, 03:03 AM
I usually like Spring and Autumn, but I also like Winter(mostly because my birthday falls duirng that season) :)

Riverhead
Friday, November 19th, 2004, 01:53 PM
I voted for mid-winter

Awar
Friday, November 19th, 2004, 03:30 PM
Basically, any time when it doesn't rain. Late summer, midwinter, most of the spring ( but only when it's not raining ).

I have legendary resistence to both cold and heat.
I like hiking during subzero temperatures, and riding the bike during summer,
when there are no people out.

The winters here in the Balkans ( and especially parts of Montenegro ) can be very harsh, and then, the summers can be lvery hot. So, I guess it might be genetic :P

Zyklop
Saturday, September 24th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Autumn again! :)

Blondie
Saturday, September 24th, 2005, 04:51 PM
I love Autumn. It's my favorite season.

My body can't take the heat whatsoever, so Summer is the least favorite of all the seasons.

palesye
Saturday, September 24th, 2005, 04:59 PM
mid-spring and early and mid-autumn.

also i like frosty sunny winter mornings. :Skiing:

SiegUmJedenPreis
Saturday, September 24th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Spring...most definitly.

In wintertime everything dies, in spring it all comes alive again and its the beginning of our rainy season. Pretoria has alot of Jacaranda trees (it was called the Jacaranda City some years ago) and every spring all these trees bloom:

http://www9.plala.or.jp/nasukko/image/picture-print/Jakaranda02-400.jpg.htm

Really is a warming site :)

HIM
Saturday, September 24th, 2005, 06:49 PM
I think my favourite time of year is late spring, early summer. But each season has its own unique thing about it that I like. In the summer, the days are too hot here to do much of anything, but the nights are great for riding. We usually ride until 2-3am on those nights. A couple of my buddies have ridden until 7am even! Also I get a break from school in the summer. :D

Spring is nice because the days are the perfect temperature and all the flowers are in bloom. It really is a great time of year around here. :)

I'm not a huge fan of winter because I don't like the cold, but I do enjoy to watch the snowfall. However, my car doesn't go very well in the snow so I often times have to drive my mom's car. I think winter in the mountains would be nice though. Bergen seems like it might be a wonderful city to live in during the winter months, with the mountains in the distance.

You know, I don't think I'm that big a fan of autumn either. Hmmm......what's good about autumn? I start school again in autumn and I am usually excited to go back. School gets kind of old sometimes, but I do still enjoy going and learning new things. (I'm definitely not a fan of this Calculus stuff though :P) Oh, and next autumn I'll be starting at the University of Kansas where I'm going to take Swedish among other things! :)

Wow! I rambled on for quite a while this time. :laugh:

Death and the Sun
Saturday, September 24th, 2005, 09:46 PM
Late August / early September.

The time of year I dislike the most comes immediately after that -- dark, cold, wet, but no real snowfall or proper winter yet.

TisaAnne
Saturday, September 24th, 2005, 10:17 PM
My greatest love is that which I hold for Winter... it's the only time of year I truly feel alive and for me, he's always the same. I guess it's that familiarity and monotany that I find so comforting, and the fact that it's the only season I have never become bored of gives it high marks in my book. ;)

Oh, how I can't wait for this year's snows to finally come! :yippee01:

Frostwood
Sunday, September 25th, 2005, 10:28 PM
My greatest love is that which I hold for Winter... it's the only time of year I truly feel alive and for me, he's always the same. I guess it's that familiarity and monotany that I find so comforting, and the fact that it's the only season I have never become bored of gives it high marks in my book. ;)

Oh, how I can't wait for this year's snows to finally come! :yippee01:

My thoughts exactly! :)

I love it when snow covers the lands and forests have set in deep slumber, as everything seems so quiet and tranquil when surrounded by tall, monumental, snow-coated fir trees, just some little birds fluttering through the chilling breeze through which sparse snowflakes float down, slowly, onto the glistening crust. Those moments are eternal. During winter one easily discovers relieving solitude should he wander a bit away from settlements. I face a challenge everytime I try to convey my feelings about winter, as words aren't often enough to express the thorough state of fullfillment.

Lundi
Monday, September 26th, 2005, 10:31 AM
I’m a winter person

Avero Hontu
Monday, September 26th, 2005, 12:33 PM
I see that most of you like the winter and autumn. Autumn can be a nice season, especially the autumn before the dark and wet november part. Dont know why, but I always like the current season, the season that is there. However thinking back I enjoy most of the summer. Because its usually warm.

Sigurd
Wednesday, November 22nd, 2006, 08:15 PM
What is your favourite season of the year? Why? What is it that makes it specifically appealing to you?

Multiple choice once more. ;)

Gagnraad
Wednesday, November 22nd, 2006, 09:31 PM
I've always loved winter most, and it is mostly because the days is shorter, the snow, and the empty feeling of the woods. I tend to be melancholic then, and I also got more inspiration to create music.

I also like Autumn/Fall, mostly because of the beauty.

Weg
Wednesday, November 22nd, 2006, 11:20 PM
Ancients would certainly enjoy Spring and Summer most but I prefer Fall/Winter. Although I can appreciate Spring/Summer, I feel much better when the days are shorter and colder (I'm a winter child), whereas Spring strangely makes me feel bad and stressy. Must be because I'm a rather melancholic person.

U Fiachrach
Thursday, November 23rd, 2006, 02:33 AM
Summer, As someone who shoots and hunts a lot, the long evenings are great, it sucks hunting in winter, cold, wet and days without "bagging" anything.
As for anyone that likes winter, come and live with me by the sea, and you won't be long changing your mind :D

Gorm the Old
Thursday, November 23rd, 2006, 03:30 AM
SPRING ! It marks the end of Winter's cold and wet and lifelessness. It presages the benign warmth of Summer. In Winter, the only green to be seen is the dark somber green of the conifers. Spring rushes upon us in an explosion of colour and the world springs back into LIFE !:highfive

saga
Thursday, November 23rd, 2006, 06:44 PM
I really love all the seasons, but am partial to fall. Like Gagnraad, I move into that melancholic state that I love and seems to trigger so much in the way of creativity for me. Fall is beautiful and sad at the same time. The season I like less is summer, as it has been nearly tropically hot and humid here for the last few years.

NatRev
Thursday, November 23rd, 2006, 08:28 PM
Yeah but Winters are usually pretty cr*p here in old Blighty.

Getting up at what appears to be the middle of the night, not wanting to get out of my jamas and dressed for work and driving home in the dark... BAH!!!

And the rain. :doh

I mean, yes... snow is AWESOME! Who isn't moved by snow in a forest or hill side... looks beautiful. But... rain.... :thumbsdow

Got to be summer. ;) I go from one shade of pink to an even pinker shade of pink :mad: but I like it. Spring and Autumn are good for walking in. It's not too hot to make you apathetic and sluggish, just right for climbing hills and walking through woods. :D

nickymuench
Tuesday, November 28th, 2006, 07:44 PM
Spring! Its not to cold an not to hot :)
I dont like the extrem so i want have the middle of temperature.

Tigernmas
Wednesday, November 29th, 2006, 03:24 AM
Autumn or winter, I can't decide so I picked both. I love the sound of rain lashing against the windows and long, dark nights infront of an open fire. The forest and mountains round here look great in the autumn, I always go up with my dogs to tire them out.

Northerner
Wednesday, November 29th, 2006, 07:04 AM
I find something special and wonderful in all of the seasons. However, if I must decide on one then I choose autumn. I found it interesting that several people mentioned a kind of melancholy, or a pensive reverie. I too experience this same feeling in the fall season as well.

I grew up on a farm in southern Indiana, so the autumn also means harvest-time. I guess I feel that this is a time when the land rewards and blesses us with crops and food. Though I no longer live on a farm, I do have a garden. I don't know if any of this makes sense.

I also enjoy the color change in the autumn foliage, though, for the most part, it is not quite as spectacular nor as extensive here in Utah as it is in Indiana or where I lived in the piedmont and mountains of Virginia.

freya3
Wednesday, November 29th, 2006, 08:12 PM
I love fall!! We have gone to VA, WV and TN over the last month and I tell you that is the most beautiful land I have ever seen!!! The leaves are so colorful and the feel of the air is just invigorating!!! I am sad to see it go...I am not a winter person @ all. I do love spring and summer too!!!

Sifsvina
Saturday, December 2nd, 2006, 11:55 PM
Hmmm...it would have to be spring, late spring early summer when the days are long and the earth bursting with new growth. Early fall is good too, when the days are still long and the harvest is ripe. Summer is too hot, waiting and working, and winter too cold and dark. I don't like the long nights and lack of sun, I get low and it is hard for me to get much done. I follow the plants and when they are under a snow blanket, fallow, I want to be asleep as well. Even when I live somewhere with no snow. Any wonder that Sif is the Goddess I associate closest with:D

nordicdusk
Sunday, December 3rd, 2006, 12:59 AM
Winter is the one for me.Im not too good with heat so summer is out.There is nothing better than the Mountains covered in snow and the only time there is even a slight chance of that is winter.The air is fresher also i just love that first thing in the morning on my way to work.

Mathieu
Sunday, December 3rd, 2006, 02:08 AM
Each season has its charm. During winter, I will miss the short summer nights (but not the countless mosquitoes). In spring I will curse the ugly brown slush (melting snow + calcium + sand) but will enjoy the slightly different smell in the air. And the maples come back to life, its maple syrup time...

I love the winter nights, with the aurora borealis, and there is nothing like walking in a forest just before dawn after a snowfall, or at night under the full moon : the snow, then is glowing like blue silver and the forest is magically lightened. All you ear, then, is the wind, the cracking trees and, sometimes far away, sometimes very close, the solitary song of the owls.

I would say I prefer winter and summer, since spring and fall are often very wet. This fall, it was raining almost every day...

Prdy Mountain
Sunday, December 3rd, 2006, 12:46 PM
I would have to say winter, because of this:
1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191

I love fall to, but winter is my number one. :)

Vlfr
Saturday, March 20th, 2010, 05:20 AM
Winter! Because I love the white and fluffy snow... Snow is just so beautiful. And I like to see everything covered by snow, covered by white, like a mantle of purity... Because it's cold, icy, and sometimes a rest is needed. Because the snowflakes are so pretty... Snowing is so nice, like seeing those snowflakes dancing in the air, in the way to their white mantle... :)

And... Spring! Because the Nature comes to life... the revival of the Nature. The beginning of the spring is beautiful because it also has snow... and it's lovely to see the gentle flowers and fresh-green grass arousing from the snow. I also love the fresh-green buds, the blooming of the trees... all the flowers that spring is full of. And the spirit of the spring. The spring is young and optimistic. :D And, last but not least, by the end of spring everything is green and colourful, and the weather is also fine, it's just the perfect temperature (actually, I say this considering that in the country I was previously living it was just way too hot during the summer, and I hated it).

Summer is also beautiful (if it's not too hot), and Autumn likewise (nice warm colours), but I just like very very much Winter and Spring! ;)

OneWolf
Saturday, March 20th, 2010, 07:06 AM
SPRING!Its so nice to see the world come back to life after a long,dull winter.
Birds chirping,warm rain.Ahh summers on its way!
Almost time to hit the beach and boat.:thumbup

Texas Redneck
Monday, March 22nd, 2010, 05:49 PM
I don't really like cold weather, so I'd say spring, summer and fall. It only gets really cold down here for about a month or two.

germanbornfemale
Tuesday, March 23rd, 2010, 12:54 AM
Late summer/early autumn is my favourite season. There's something magical about that time of year. As a photographer, I am very fond of the light. :)

starprincess
Monday, June 28th, 2010, 02:29 PM
I actually can like all seasons.

I was born in January, so I am already a winter baby. I love the fall and winter because I love all of the events that happen and the fun of the holidays. My husband thinks its cute because I have a different candle scent for every different season. I love seeing the tree's change colors, lose their leaves, that first cold front that comes in! In winter, my husband and I sleep with the windows open, there is something about the crisp cold air that just makes me come alive. We also love having fires, pine tree and cinnamon smells, and the fun of family around the holidays, its such a joy.

I love spring because I can begin to see all the beautiful flowers and nature coming back to life after winter.

Summer, I love going to the beach, swimming, the lake, late summer nights, driving with the windows down, road trips, sun dresses...

As you can see, I enjoy very simple things and it doesn't take much to entertain me! ;)

Thusnelda
Wednesday, June 30th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Well, there youll find a glad Thussie: :D

http://www.hotel-hubertus.cc/images/winter.jpg

So winter is my favourite season, followed by autumn and spring. Summers are too hot for me. We have a heat wave in Germany right now and it makes me feel limp and bored. In winter I can experience our beautiful landscape, fresh and clear air...and I can do skiing!

BlueEyedBeast
Wednesday, June 30th, 2010, 07:41 PM
What Is Your Favorite Season?

Any season but summer! ugh!

Thorburn
Wednesday, June 30th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Any season but summer! ugh!
Nothing to be added.

I can't stand temperatures above 75 F. I take heat very, very badly. It makes me incredibly tired, and I find it difficult to focus and to concentrate. It's very difficult to motivate myself to do anything when it's hot.

I suppose that's rather a general phenomenon: Hispanic countries have their siesta, for example, and people sleep during the hottest hours of the day. I just seem to react much more sensitive to hot weather than most people.

I consider an outside temperature of 50-60 F ideal -- neither too cold nor too hot.

Erbe
Wednesday, June 30th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Summer of course for my atlantid / atlanto-nordid part.

Autumn for my bit iranid part or of the mediteranid spectrum obviously, a bit melancolic in it, that's why.

Winter for my nordid part. Likes quiet season and the good air.

All in all i am atlanto-nordid. So you guess the complexity that's describes my personality facing the like and unlikes of the seasons.

Meine wut
Sunday, July 18th, 2010, 06:28 AM
I love that 1 week gap there is between late auntumn/early winter. There's always regular cold breeze and you can sense a quite environment as well as the sound of dry tree-leaves falling down with the wind. I especially like it because it's the perfect time to play football!

Northern Paladin
Tuesday, August 31st, 2010, 09:45 PM
Spring has always stood out for me, so that's what I chose, but there is beauty in all of them.

Agramer
Wednesday, September 1st, 2010, 08:46 AM
Deffinitivley winter :D It's best seasone :) It's never warm in winter :D Nor is it possible to se musquetos or any other insects :D + you have the snow and everything is so beautifull :)

Alice
Thursday, April 25th, 2019, 11:56 AM
I like certain parts of every season, depending where I happen to be. What I don't like is very hot weather (over 20 degrees Celsius for me) coupled with high humidity or very cold weather (under minus 10 Celsius). Early autumn, most of spring and late summer are pretty intoxicating, and I do enjoy snow at Christmas.

Finnish Swede
Thursday, April 25th, 2019, 04:57 PM
Summers. Our summers are rarely too hot...and those are very light.

Spring is fine too. Same with early autumn. What comes to winter, I can stand cold very well (I'm Ice queen ... LOL), but I really hate the darkness. But I hate late autumn the most (lets say period from second half of October and whole November)... it is raining often (being cloudy) and it is very dark before white snow arrives.

Sigurdsson
Friday, April 26th, 2019, 03:09 AM
Autumn