PDA

View Full Version : Blonde Indians in Mexico

Prodigal Son
Friday, March 14th, 2003, 12:48 AM
Something interetsing I found on the Reinvented Meds forum:

The regions of Jalisco,Michoacán,Sinaloa,Guanajuato and to certain extent Colima(although now they can be found anywhere for internal migrations) have a rather interesting looking people, the so-called "Blonde Indians". These individuals are racially and culturally Mestizo who descend from local Amerindians (mainly Coras and Purépechas),Mestizos of Spaniards and Amerindians and the French and to a much smaller degree Austrian soldiers who settled down in the region after the Second Mexican Empire had fallen down.

http://shunya.net/Pictures/Mexico/mexico-map.jpg

http://www.clubentuidioma.com/ClubDeportes/Entrevistas/Herrera/miguel4.jpg

http://gruporeforma.reforma.com/futbolencifras/img/tecnicos/605.JPG

Conquistador
Friday, March 14th, 2003, 12:59 AM
I have heard about these "Blond Indians" before from certain Mexicans I have conversed with; I thought it was a myth in my opinion.

Evolved
Friday, March 14th, 2003, 02:18 AM
Maybe they're just pure blooded Spaniards, or Guanches.

Prodigal Son
Friday, March 14th, 2003, 02:41 AM
Pure Spaniards in the middle of Mexico? Pure blonde Spaniards in the middle of Mexico? I don't think so. There must be a strain of albinism or some kind of albino mutation there.

Ederico
Friday, March 14th, 2003, 04:06 PM
What is this Reinvented Meds Forum?

Stríbog
Friday, March 14th, 2003, 10:02 PM
Pure Spaniards in the middle of Mexico? Pure blonde Spaniards in the middle of Mexico? I don't think so. There must be a strain of albinism or some kind of albino mutation there.

They don't have to be pure at all to be blonde. All that is necessary is for each parent to be half native, half European and have a recessive blonde gene, and there is then a 1 in 4 chance that a given child of theirs will be blonde.

Conquistador
Saturday, March 15th, 2003, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by Nazzjonalist
What is this Reinvented Meds Forum?

It's just another name for the "Racial Myths" forum.

Evolved
Saturday, March 15th, 2003, 02:40 AM
If his name is Miguel Herrera, he's not an Indian. :)

http://www.clubentuidioma.com/ClubDeportes/Entrevistas/Herrera/miguel4.jpg

Conquistador
Saturday, March 15th, 2003, 06:07 AM
So much for the Racial Myth's theory. x_hehe They never cease to humor me.

GreenHeart
Saturday, March 15th, 2003, 04:25 PM
You said they are partly descended from Austrians, well Austrians are predominantly blond so what's so surprising about that?? x_p

Stríbog
Saturday, March 15th, 2003, 05:22 PM
Austrians are predominantly blond so what's so surprising about that??

No, they aren't. I've travelled in Austria multiple times. The majority of Austrians are Dinaric or Alpine with some Nordic admixture. They are not predominantly blonde by any means.

Glenlivet
Saturday, March 15th, 2003, 06:39 PM
Yes, southernmost Germany and most of Austria is the land of Germanised Celts.

I would say that most have dark brown-black hair as adults.
Many are born blonde.

The Tyrolese are mainly Dinaric. It's actually a Dinaric racial centre.

Originally posted by NordischesBlutundEhre
No, they aren't. I've travelled in Austria multiple times. The majority of Austrians are Dinaric or Alpine with some Nordic admixture. They are not predominantly blonde by any means.

Rurik
Sunday, March 16th, 2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by NordischesBlutundEhre
They don't have to be pure at all to be blonde. All that is necessary is for each parent to be half native, half European and have a recessive blonde gene, and there is then a 1 in 4 chance that a given child of theirs will be blonde.I don't think it's this simple. Hair color is determined by more than one gene. High school level Mendelian genetics isn't going to work in this case.

Prodigal Son
Friday, March 21st, 2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by NordicPower88
You said they are partly descended from Austrians, well Austrians are predominantly blond so what's so surprising about that?? x_p

x_rofl

"Austrians are predominantly blond." That's right up there with "Russians are 75% non-white" and "Fuck the Russian untermensch, they aren't human".

Glenlivet
Friday, March 21st, 2003, 12:50 AM
Something said about the Austrians is not automatically an indirect attack on Russians.

Originally posted by Prodigal Son
x_rofl

"Austrians are predominantly blond." That's right up there with "Russians are 75% non-white" and "Fuck the Russian untermensch, they aren't human".