PDA

View Full Version : English-America



Fraxinus Excelsior
Thursday, October 21st, 2004, 10:34 PM
English-America (formerly American Plantations and Colonies) (http://english-america.com/)

The Voyages, Vessels, People, and Places of English America 1500 - 1820

Welcome to English-America (formerly American Plantations and Colonies)! Here, English-America refers to those parts of America which the English claimed or otherwise controlled during the 17th and 18th centuries. Although principally a listing of ship-passenger records, some historical and genealogical information is also included. This site provides lists of passengers, indexed by ship names and by locations, with references to primary and secondary source material.

SouthernBoy
Thursday, October 21st, 2004, 10:49 PM
I am for the most part English, constituting about 40%. Good post! :)

Fraxinus Excelsior
Friday, October 22nd, 2004, 01:21 AM
I am for the most part English, constituting about 40%. If you don't mind my asking, what's the other 60%?

Added up, my English ancestry comes out to roughly 25%; the other 75% is a commixture of Dutch, PA-Dutch (German & Swiss), French, Irish, Ruthenian, Scot, and Welsh.

Good post! :)Thanks.:prost

SouthernBoy
Friday, October 22nd, 2004, 02:01 AM
If you don't mind my asking, what's the other 60%?

Added up, my English ancestry comes out to roughly 25%; the other 75% is a commixture of Dutch, PA-Dutch (German & Swiss), French, Irish, Ruthenian, Scot, and Welsh.
Thanks.:prost
Not at all, it should be something like 20% Irish, 20% Scottish, 10% German, and 10% Norwegian. :D