PDA

View Full Version : Is Christ the Sun?

GreenHeart
Tuesday, February 25th, 2003, 09:19 AM
Judge for yourself.

http://www.resist.com/war_on_religion/part1.htm

Ederico
Tuesday, February 25th, 2003, 01:23 PM
I read it all and I found it really interesting to notice the correlation between Christianity and ancient Religions. I would like to read more on the subject, I always thought that there is a link between the religions and some correlations are highly probable.

GreenHeart
Tuesday, February 25th, 2003, 07:37 PM
Yeah I think so too. Even coming from a mostly christian family I never quite understood christianity, and when I was 12-13 went to a christian school. The more I learned of it, and the more I read the bible the more I disliked christianity. All this weakness and compassion made me sick with disgust. How can you worship a faceless "all powerful" god, and only one!? It went to an extreme when I was 14 after I got out of that school and I got into gothic stuff for a year or two. Today I still don't like christianity but now for more complex reasons than before.

So given that, I find the analogy rather interesting. Christ the sun... it's really just primitive sun worship. Like that, it makes a little more sense. The jews really are quite imaginitive. x_p

NatRev
Wednesday, February 26th, 2003, 08:51 PM
Most of the Roman Christians plagarised the existing pagan myths to make their own religion more accessable to the pagan people. The idea of Christ as the Sun is derived form the Mithraic solar cult which was in direct competition to Christianity.

Besides, this all depends on how you define Christianity, our version of Christianity, whether Orthodox, Protestant or Catholic, is ultimately derived from St. Paul's 'vision' of Jesus.

I'll read the stuff on the site later.