PDA

View Full Version : Crowds: face of the nation

svarog
Friday, February 21st, 2003, 03:32 PM
In the "Slavic question" thread several people showed that they have np clue how Russian nation looks like. So I will try to fix that.

I think that crowd is the best way to make an opinion about any nation, so here we go!

svarog
Friday, February 21st, 2003, 03:35 PM
By the way, I have no relation with people whown on these pictures, all of them were taken from the Russian part of internet.

svarog
Friday, February 21st, 2003, 03:36 PM
Wierd one

svarog
Friday, February 21st, 2003, 03:38 PM
From role game festival I suppose....

svarog
Friday, February 21st, 2003, 03:41 PM
Bike show?

svarog
Friday, February 21st, 2003, 04:00 PM
Maybe we look a bit differently from Western Europeans, but I don't see anything wrong about that, I am proud of it.

svarog
Friday, February 21st, 2003, 04:59 PM
Some Russian family

Ederico
Friday, February 21st, 2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by svarog
Maybe we look a bit differently from Western Europeans, but I don't see anything wrong about that, I am proud of it.

And most people do not see anything wrong with that either, I certainly do not, I had Russian and Slavic friends as well and they appear White to me. Do not let some comments bring you down, it is mainly comments by a minority which most do not agree with.

svarog
Friday, February 21st, 2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Nazzjonalist
And most people do not see anything wrong with that either, I certainly do not, I had Russian and Slavic friends as well and they appear White to me. Do not let some comments bring you down, it is mainly comments by a minority which most do not agree with.

Thank you and the rest of this majority for your support!

NatRev
Friday, February 21st, 2003, 05:24 PM
Excellent! I'm glad that more people are rallying to this noble cause. Long live the fraternal bond of European folk!

White Pride World Wide!

NatRev
Friday, February 21st, 2003, 05:25 PM
ps, I think the girl with the 'tassled' skirt on the picture with the guys moshing is cute! :)

Tore
Saturday, February 22nd, 2003, 12:26 AM

Nothing wrong with it at all.

They difference lies in pigmentation, with Russians being lighter than most western Europeans.

Skull shape is somewhat different as well, higher C.I.'s in general in Eastern Europe.

GreenHeart
Saturday, February 22nd, 2003, 06:09 AM
Those Russians are not lighter than Germans in fact the Germans I've seen are lighter than that. The western face is more attractive in my opinion though. Are you sure that Russians look like that? Ross is a Russians and he said once that you won't even see one blond in a crowd of 1000 people.....

Stríbog
Saturday, February 22nd, 2003, 06:20 AM
Ross was obviously being sarcastic. Russia is one of the blonder countries in Europe, and objectively speaking, is at least as blond as Germany, given the Alpine and Dinaric presence in Bayern, Thüringen, and Baden-Württemberg, and the Mediterranean presence in the Saarland and Rheinland-Pfalz. Russia is also considerably blonder than Britain and France, the "heart" of Western Europe. Those people are quite representative of the average Russian population. It seems like people are in denial, claiming that all dark Swedes are "ethnically Russian" or "Lapp," and that all dark Germans are "Turks." McCulloch's scale is retarded, he considers dark Mediterranean Welsh and English "Nordish." Blonde, blue-eyed, high-vaulted Russians are "tainted with Ladogan admixture," however. :rolleyes:
Anyone else tired of the double standard?

Tore
Saturday, February 22nd, 2003, 07:00 AM
Those Russians are not lighter than Germans in fact the Germans I've seen are lighter than that.

True.

Germany is a rather blond nation as a whole, perhaps blonder than Russian percentage wise, and definitely lighter-eyed.

Anyone else tired of the double standard?

Yes, very much so.

GreenHeart
Saturday, February 22nd, 2003, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by svarog
Some Russian family

My cousins were/are just as blond as the kids on the left. My brother had more golden hair though, although just as light, like the girl next to the parents until he was about 10, then it darkened up gradually to light brown. My hair was golden until 2 then it was red and reddish brown in Brünn fashion.

Is it Russian custom to let their kids go around naked? It seems kind of, well, backward....

GreenHeart
Saturday, February 22nd, 2003, 07:56 AM
Here you can see my brothers hair color.

Rurik
Saturday, February 22nd, 2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by NordischesBlutundEhre
McCulloch's scale is retarded, he considers dark Mediterranean Welsh and English "Nordish." Blonde, blue-eyed, high-vaulted Russians are "tainted with Ladogan admixture," however. :rolleyes:
Anyone else tired of the double standard?Am I the only person who thinks that the term "Nordish" is incredibly stupid? It seems like just a way for Alpines to call themselves Nordic, when they're not.

GreenHeart
Saturday, February 22nd, 2003, 09:58 AM
Alpines? Since when have alpines been calling themselves nordish?

I like the term Nordish. It fits well. People get confused by who is nordic but not by who is nordish.

Evolved
Saturday, February 22nd, 2003, 04:23 PM
It's called Freikörperkultur. :)

While the U.S. was banning art work of naked bathers, the first nudists were freeing themselves of Victorian era prudence and bathing naked in Lubeck, Germany at Freilichtpark (free light park). (1903-1981). They stressed a healthy naked lifestyle. It included daily exercise, a spartan like outdoor living, and vegetarian diets. By 1929, immigrant Germans and visiting Germans brought this lifestyle to America. After some arrests, there was a favorable court ruling in New York allowing social nudity between men and women, without being lewd. For the first time in America, the concept of social nudism got national attention.

"Er inspirierte auch die Furcht einflößender Berserker – menschliche Vernichtungsmaschinen, die sich ungestüm und nackt in den Kampf stürzten."

Originally posted by NordicPower88
Is it Russian custom to let their kids go around naked? It seems kind of, well, backward....

svarog
Saturday, February 22nd, 2003, 05:07 PM
NP88, I assure you that all people in these crowds are Russians.
I can also assure you that the crowd in the link you posted in "slavic question" is not Russian, I can not see a single Russian face over there, even in those who looks white.
Now after seeing all these images are you ready to take your words back about 75% of ethnic Russians being non white? Are you ready to put an end to endless Russians-being-non-white discussion? Not that I am anxious, just curios.

tnbt
Sunday, February 23rd, 2003, 12:06 AM
That is nice posting pictures of the northwestern part of Russia which is very largely nordish.

But what about the rest of Russia?

Rurik
Sunday, February 23rd, 2003, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by NordicPower88
Alpines? Since when have alpines been calling themselves nordish?"Borreby" and "Brunn" type people are generally considered Alpine by anthropologists.

I like the term Nordish. It fits well. People get confused by who is nordic but not by who is nordish.Right, because "Nordish" includes almost all Alpines.

svarog
Sunday, February 23rd, 2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by tnbt
That is nice posting pictures of the northwestern part of Russia which is very largely nordish.

But what about the rest of Russia?

First photo is from Moscow, the rest I have no idea. Ethnic Russian population is rather homogenuos, and I don't think you will be able to distinguish crowd of ethnic Russians from Moscow from crowd from syberia (just because the majority of siberian russian population immigrated there in the 19th century). I am not quite sure about the south of Russia and some Volga regions though.

Prodigal Son
Thursday, March 20th, 2003, 08:25 PM
Russian family:

http://nfdfn.jinr.ru/~shv/personal1996/nikonov.jpg (last guy is Jewish)

Crowd in Moscow:

http://www.designet.ru/images-2002/c-kapitonov-03.jpg

Glenlivet
Thursday, March 20th, 2003, 09:48 PM
The young girl and the woman are adorable. Do you know from which town they come from?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Prodigal Son
[B]Russian family:

Prodigal Son
Thursday, March 20th, 2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by volksdeutsche
[B]The young girl and the woman are adorable. Do you know from which town they come from?

No, sorry :(. I would guess around Novgorod.

torrent
Friday, March 21st, 2003, 01:17 AM
No, sorry :(. I would guess around Novgorod.

the woman's face is broadish, the nose is bridged and face is flattish and the forehead is sloping and the chin is setback. the face may have a ladogan look but ladogans and bridged noses and sloping faces are not so much associated. this is the easternmost or the late battle axe type, as the early battle axe types are closer to pontics. this womans type Battle axe people are not so much contributing in the baltic types at least west baltic. that lady is a broad faced iranoafgan and has a darker variety too in fact mostly darker in the south and there the face gets narrower. a complete biography would be excellent but anyway the woman is blond and nordish. and thanks for the picture.

torrent
Saturday, March 22nd, 2003, 02:26 PM
anyway the stereotypical battle axe+nordic type is the man who signs sth. and it is clear, evenif the nose is upturned or that, but the half relatives of this type are found in persia, india and pakistan, hungary, anatolia as well as many softer featured pontics and it is a semi-taurid lineage in other words it is a lineage associated with eurasian steppe race. but again it is not the russian look as it is compared to the crowd it is obvious. a russian look in the pure form is more associated with pontic capellid line. pontic, west baltic, northpontic, troender, dalonord. as nw europe is more a phalian land.
but a ladogan, east baltic look is definitely typical for russians too we are talking about 17 mllion km2 since it is not easy to distinguish a troenders nationality east baltics are more easily identified as russians. yes east baltic types are found much west ahead but not as frequent or big in number as in russia. it is like when you see a blond alpin you will mostly say german. mountain types tend to be swarther and stockier for balance. for example, for ice dancers very tall stature is definitely a disadventage. btw i am yearning to learn the text associated with those pictures in your mailbox. especially the photo of the lady is excellent but i doubt it is found in frequent numbers even in russia in pure form.

torrent
Saturday, March 22nd, 2003, 05:05 PM
"He must have been tall, with high shoulders, his skin a whitish tan. His eyes, set far apart under a sloping forehead, did not slant. And his eyes were green, or blue-grey in the iris, with black pupils. Long reddish-brown hair fell in braids to his back." [Lamb (1928) 23.]

Another of Genghis Khan's descendants, the great conqueror Tamerlane (1336-1405), also inherited Nordish racial characteristics. According to a contemporary, Ibn Arabshah, Tamerlane was tall and strong, with broad shoulders, a large head and high forehead, he had a heavy beard, was white-skinned and had a ruddy complexion. He also seems to have been fair-haired. [Günther (1934) 187; Lamb (1929) 153.] This description has been confirmed in recent times. In 1941, the Soviet Archaeological Commission opened the tomb of Tamerlane, which resides in the city of Samarkand, Uzbekistan. Within it, Tamerlane's physical remains were discovered: they proved that he had indeed been a man of strong build and imposing stature. Most interestingly of all however, the last few hairs of a reddish-brown moustache were found adhering to the skull. [Brent (1976) 237-8.]
special thanks to KE

Glenlivet
Sunday, March 23rd, 2003, 04:35 AM
What is your sources? Personal observation or information from an anthropological study of the pigmentation of Germany and Russia?

My personal observation is that Russia is blonder as a whole. But we always see a selective group. But we could argue about the different types of blondism. Why would Germany be definitely lighter-eyed? What do you base it on?

Originally posted by Trønder
True.

Germany is a rather blond nation as a whole, perhaps blonder than Russian percentage wise, and definitely lighter-eyed.

Yes, very much so.

Tore
Sunday, March 23rd, 2003, 04:46 AM
What is your sources? Personal observation or information from an anthropological study of the pigmentation of Germany and Russia?

Perhaps I should have checked up on this before I posted...

I was basing it on what I could recall from Coon's chapters on each respective nation, and from what I have witnessed as an individual as well.

I assumed that Germany would be lighter-eyed as I believe that blond hair and brown eyes are a popular combination in the Ukraine and the South of Russia, and even though parts of Germany such as the South seem to be lacking in true blondism, light eyes seem to be dominant throughout the nation.