PDA

View Full Version : In Which Area Do We Find the Most Female Drunks?

Ted
Thursday, October 7th, 2004, 09:47 AM
In which country, region, and/or city would one probably find the most female alcoholics? Can anyone remember traveling through or seeing a place where there where a lot of drunken females staggering about? Who are the biggest drunks in the world?

Milesian
Thursday, October 7th, 2004, 09:57 AM
I'm afraid to say there exists in England a sub-species of female that gets very drunk and loud and falls about the place. I first seen them in holiday resorts (actually, I heard them about 30 mins before they came into view ;) ). I thought it was a holiday phenomenen and that probably does exacerbate the condition, but I've seen them in plentiful abundance in their natural habitat as well.

Although it should be pointed out that you can find drunken females almost everywhere in the "western world".
I don't think any country is the exception, but on the whole this example sticks in my mind. Perhaps it is just a stereotype though re-enforced by personal experience

She-Wolf
Thursday, October 7th, 2004, 07:07 PM
In which country, region, and/or city would one probably find the most female alcoholics? Can anyone remember traveling through or seeing a place where there where a lot of drunken females staggering about? Who are the biggest drunks in the world?
Not sure where you'll find the most drunk females, I can imagine most cities at night (especially on weekends) to have streets full of loutish women who are coming back from clubbish and parties. The proportion of female drunks is on the increase due to the social changes and even media indoctrination but that is another subject :-O
There are drunks everywhere, in every city. Some countries/cities/towns have more strict curfews and police, while others encourage drinking venues to be open at all hours. It's there that you'll find them.

green nationalist
Saturday, October 9th, 2004, 03:22 AM
Not sure where you'll find the most drunk females, I can imagine most cities at night (especially on weekends) to have streets full of loutish women who are coming back from clubbish and parties. The proportion of female drunks is on the increase due to the social changes and even media indoctrination but that is another subject :-O
There are drunks everywhere, in every city. Some countries/cities/towns have more strict curfews and police, while others encourage drinking venues to be open at all hours. It's there that you'll find them.
you get a lot of slappers pissing on the O connell street in open view of the whole Dublin City at 3 o clock in morning, so i guess there is a lot of female drunks on a saturday night in dublin, however i do be Drunk more often than not so maybe we have the highest proportion of drunks in the world:D

I read that only the Czech people drink more than the irish. and the finns are a close second. My personal experience is that the finns and the NAtive irish as oppossed to American irish etc are the hardest drinking people in the world.

Newgrange
Saturday, October 9th, 2004, 03:49 AM
you get a lot of slappers pissing on the O connell street in open view of the whole Dublin City at 3 o clock in morning That would make a hilarious webcam site, you could zoom-in on them as they relieve themselves. Look at this street webcam site in Zurich, Switzerland (http://cam.switch.ch/)

WarMaiden
Saturday, October 9th, 2004, 04:55 AM
you get a lot of slappers pissing on the O connell street in open view of the whole Dublin City at 3 o clock in morning

Hahaha i have never seen that in my entire life and i worked in the city for years... too funny....

I don't drink so i can't help you out..... :D

Ted
Sunday, October 10th, 2004, 09:31 PM
I know we all shudder to think of the drink problem in our own countries, and yes, it is more than obvious that alcohol abuse amongst younger females (18-34) is on the rise. However, from my own observations and travels, I would argue the women (and men, of course) in Eastern Europe out drink the peoples of Western Europe, Southern Europe, and the British Isles combined! I have been to Russia and Poland and the state of drunkeness is ubiquitous. Men and women, young and old, rich and poor, are staggering around in a p*ssed up stupor both day and night. The Irish or the English have nothing on these people. For that matter American Indians or Mexicans don't either. Russia was the only place I saw where you could actually purchase soda-pop sized cans of vodka out of machines set about in tube stations. Poland was just the same, and I can only imagine all the other Slavic speaking and non-Slavic speaking peoples of Eastern Europe are all just as well oiled. I'm not trying to imply being Eastern European is a prerequisite to alcoholism; what I'm infering here is that since they all lived under brutal dictatorial regimes for most of their collective histories, a commonality such as that might be the reason for such enormously high levels of alcohol abuse.

On another note, I saw more pub brawls in Russia than I saw anywhere else I ever traveled. More often than not, all the men of the neighbourhood would drop in on their local, get blind drunk by drinking straight glasses of vodka, and then duke it out with anyone who so much as gave them the fish-eye. The women, and younger birds especially, would dress up like cheap Amsterdam whores, go down to the neighbourhood local pub, get p*ssed out of their skulls, and proced to bait men into beating the tar out of one another. I've seen some brawlers in my time, but nothing like the Russians. They were probably the toughest people I have ever come accross in my life. They make the Yanks look like posh toffs. The Poles I found to be a peace loving people who would rather argue than resort to physical violence. Indeed, it seemed they loved to get all worked up, and engage in passionite debates with each other over bottles and bottles of vodka, but I rarely saw them so much as ever lay a hand on one another. The Russians, though, they were a different kettle of fish. A few drinks and they would turn into caged animals.

AryanKrieger
Sunday, October 10th, 2004, 09:55 PM
To be fair drunkeness is more of a problem with males,especially younger men.
In an age which attempts to create adrogynes of us all can we really point the finger of judgement at women for copying men at their worst?

Johannes de León
Sunday, October 10th, 2004, 10:12 PM
@ FrozenDice:
I deleted the two posts where you had that problem. ;)

Scáthach
Sunday, October 10th, 2004, 10:20 PM
Hmm i would definetly say the irish are quite high on this problem ;)
It also depends...dare i say it..on social standing, that is the more working class/scanger girls [and men] drink maybe not more, but behave far worse than an equally drunk ''ordinary'' middle class girl/boy. Usually! in my experience anyway..

Awar
Sunday, October 10th, 2004, 11:22 PM
You wouldn't have any luck in the Balkans. Here, the chicks (unfortunately for us ugly people) don't drink much :D

Pomor
Monday, October 11th, 2004, 06:05 AM
Ted, I am really starting to wonder if your posts can be taken seriously at all. You've must been watching too many Hollywod movies or something. What you are describing is some wonderland and doesn't look like the place I've been living for 20+ years at all.

AryanKrieger
Monday, October 11th, 2004, 07:45 PM
Ted, I am really starting to wonder if your posts can be taken seriously at all. You've must been watching too many Hollywod movies or something. What you are describing is some wonderland and doesn't look like the place I've been living for 20+ years at all.
There are still some decent and honourable ladies around if you look for them.
It is wrong and inaccurate to make a generality out of the behaviour of a minority.
Also we must not apply different standards of behaviour to women as opposed to men.

Ted
Tuesday, December 14th, 2004, 01:26 AM
I know we all shudder to think of the drink problem in our own countries, and yes, it is more than obvious that alcohol abuse amongst younger females (18-34) is on the rise. However, from my own observations and travels, I would argue the women (and men, of course) in Eastern Europe out drink the peoples of Western Europe, Southern Europe, and the British Isles combined! I have been to Russia and Poland and the state of drunkeness is ubiquitous. Men and women, young and old, rich and poor, are staggering around in a p*ssed up stupor both day and night. The Irish or the English have nothing on these people. For that matter American Indians or Mexicans don't either. Russia was the only place I saw where you could actually purchase soda-pop sized cans of vodka out of machines set about in tube stations. Poland was just the same, and I can only imagine all the other Slavic speaking and non-Slavic speaking peoples of Eastern Europe are all just as well oiled. I'm not trying to imply being Eastern European is a prerequisite to alcoholism; what I'm infering here is that since they all lived under brutal dictatorial regimes for most of their collective histories, a commonality such as that might be the reason for such enormously high levels of alcohol abuse.

On another note, I saw more pub brawls in Russia than I saw anywhere else I ever traveled. More often than not, all the men of the neighbourhood would drop in on their local, get blind drunk by drinking straight glasses of vodka, and then duke it out with anyone who so much as gave them the fish-eye. The women, and younger birds especially, would dress up like cheap Amsterdam whores, go down to the neighbourhood local pub, get p*ssed out of their skulls, and proced to bait men into beating the tar out of one another. I've seen some brawlers in my time, but nothing like the Russians. They were probably the toughest people I have ever come accross in my life. They make the Yanks look like posh toffs. The Poles I found to be a peace loving people who would rather argue than resort to physical violence. Indeed, it seemed they loved to get all worked up, and engage in passionite debates with each other over bottles and bottles of vodka, but I rarely saw them so much as ever lay a hand on one another. The Russians, though, they were a different kettle of fish. A few drinks and they would turn into caged animals.

Listen Pomor,

No offence mate, but I found the Russians to be the toughest and most vicious sons of b#tches I ever come across, especially when they're drunk. Then again, when aren't they drunk?:D

La Canadienne
Tuesday, December 14th, 2004, 06:55 AM
I think a better question would be: Why do you want to know?

Phlegethon
Tuesday, December 14th, 2004, 10:11 AM
He is planning his next vacation. ;)

Mistress Klaus
Tuesday, December 14th, 2004, 10:36 AM
Australian girls are known to indulge in too much alkohol (& men.. :-O :D )..
...Well they used to be like that...The American Soldiers had a field day in 1943 with the easy going spirit of Australian females. :P Consequently getting the reputation as 'easy' & 'sluts'..... :| .....Terrible!.....Having a few beers, wearing a bikini and overall friendly nature is our way of life here. :P

Phlegethon
Tuesday, December 14th, 2004, 10:46 AM
When did you get beer down there? I hope you're not referring to Foster's, because that's horse piss, not beer.

Mistress Klaus
Tuesday, December 14th, 2004, 11:07 AM
When did you get beer down there? I hope you're not referring to Foster's, because that's horse piss, not beer.

Fosters is even weaker than horse piss...I say it is like water. (I've never been an avid Fosters drinker)
There are many enjoyable beers (well half enjoyable beers..he he)..down here....Our beers are designed and brewed to our lifestyle & climate (rougher in taste) due to our heat. :D

Phlegethon
Tuesday, December 14th, 2004, 11:35 AM
Yeah. nothing is worse than girls in heat - with or without beer. ;)

Tommy Vercetti
Tuesday, December 14th, 2004, 12:18 PM
I saw a document approaching drinking in england. It was pretty funny stuff. Everybody drinks, no matter if they were working or off duty. Even some british airways pilots drink at working hours.

Real-tv show Teneriffa uncovered also shed some light on the issue.