PDA

View Full Version : Hundreds Gather At Church For Blessing Ceremony Featuring AR-15s

Chlodovech
Monday, September 9th, 2019, 12:20 AM
https://cbsnews2.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2018/02/28/192d47ed-163b-46e8-bc84-76174029f385/thumbnail/620x433/d19c9909dbc1a63b9255fdf2b3add5bd/ap-18059675312394.jpg

Source: CBSnews (https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hundreds-of-worshipers-gather-at-church-hosting-ceremony-featuring-ar-15s/?fbclid=IwAR0OJa3204aYjk8KKFtYH6LYGr--6VhdkUUEQhbZY6Bh64r0duH36ju2_kk)

NEWFOUNDLAND, Pa. -- Hundreds of crown-wearing worshipers clutching AR-15 rifles drank holy wine and exchanged or renewed wedding vows in a commitment ceremony at a Pennsylvania church on Wednesday, prompting a nearby school to cancel classes. With state police and a smattering of protesters standing watch outside the church, brides clad in white and grooms in dark suits brought dozens of unloaded AR-15s into World Peace and Unification Sanctuary for a religious event that doubled as an advertisement for the Second Amendment.

World Peace and Unification Sanctuary in Newfoundland believes the AR-15 symbolizes the "rod of iron" in the biblical book of Revelation.

The Rev. Sean Moon, who leads the church, prayed for "a kingdom of peace police and peace militia where the citizens, through the right given to them by almighty God to keep and bear arms, will be able to protect one another and protect human flourishing."

Moon is the son of the late Rev. Sun Myung Moon, a self-proclaimed messiah who founded the Unification Church, which critics regard as a cult. The younger Moon's congregation is a breakaway faction of the Unification Church, which had distanced itself from Wednesday's event.

An attendant checked each weapon at the door to make sure it was unloaded and secured with a zip tie, and the elaborate commitment ceremony went off without a hitch.

Tim Elder, Unification Sanctuary's director of world missions, told worshippers the ceremony was meant to be a blessing of couples, not "inanimate objects," calling the AR-15 a "religious accoutrement." The church has held at least one other ceremony featuring assault-style rifles.

But Wednesday's event, coming on the heels of the high school massacre in Parkland, Florida, which killed 17, rubbed emotions raw. Authorities say the shooting suspect, Nikolas Cruz, used an AR-15 in the attack.

"It's scaring people in the community," one protester told a church member. "Are you aware of that?"

The ceremony prompted Wallenpaupack Area School District to move students at an elementary school down the street to other campuses.

Lisa Desiena, from Scranton, protested outside the church with a sign that called the group an "armed religious cult."

She said she owns a gun, but "I don't need a freaking assault weapon to defend myself. Only thing they're good for is killing. Period. That's all that weapon is good for, mass killing. And you want to bless it? Shame on you."

But 41-year-old Sreymom Ouk -- who attended the ceremony with her husband, Sort Ouk, and came with their AR-15 -- said the weapon is useful for defending her family against "sickos and evil psychopaths."

"People have the right to bear arms, and in God's kingdom, you have to protect that," she said. "You have to protect against evil."

Finnish Swede
Monday, September 9th, 2019, 12:47 PM
:-O:-O:-O

:hide

:sofa

Gareth Lee Hunter
Monday, September 9th, 2019, 01:48 PM
I will do horrible things to protect those I love!

And don't try to be philosophically profound by inferring that I'm not really a Christian if I choose to kill those who intend to harm me or my loved ones, because the war in Heaven ain't over yet. When it is over, that is when those of us who recognize Jesus as our Savior will finally know true peace. And the rest... Well, they made their choice. So they can just go straight to Hell!

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/ff/f3/31/fff331fba58a7c19e7b0f664b1997ae8.jpg

Finnish Swede
Monday, September 9th, 2019, 02:53 PM
I will do horrible things to protect those I love!

Just saying ... I feel much more safer as my ''neighbour'' is this.
https://cdn.pixabay.com/photo/2016/05/05/18/20/bear-1374481_960_720.jpg
(one man here saw bear 3 weeks ago => I changed my jogging/mountain bicycle routes a bit).

versus

there would be these:
https://cbsnews2.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2018/02/28/192d47ed-163b-46e8-bc84-76174029f385/thumbnail/620x433/d19c9909dbc1a63b9255fdf2b3add5bd/ap-18059675312394.jpg

Just because first one most likely behaves more predictable & rationally (as long as no man has not wounded it first).

SaxonPagan
Monday, September 9th, 2019, 02:58 PM
And don't try to be philosophically profound by inferring that I'm not really a Christian if I choose to kill those who intend to harm me or my loved ones, because the war in Heaven ain't over yet. When it is over, that is when those of us who recognize Jesus as our Savior will finally know true peace. And the rest... Well, they made their choice. So they can just go straight to Hell!

No philosophy from me, Gareth, I just think this ^ is plain crazy! :oanieyes

LillyCaterina
Monday, September 9th, 2019, 06:51 PM
Nations, as well as individuals, will either pick up the sword of righteousness, both figuratively and literally, to regain control of their lives and lands, or they will continue to suffer slow but sure destruction due to turning their back on our Heavenly Father.

The sodomites want us disarmed to make it much easier for them to dominate us.

Alice
Monday, September 9th, 2019, 07:54 PM
The Rev. Sean Moon is son of the late Rev. Sun Myung Moon, founder of the Unification Church. The followers were referred to as 'Moonies', and they considered the term to be pejorative. I remember the mass weddings Rev. Sun Myung Moon used to officiate at during the 1980s. The couples' marriages were arranged either by their parents or by the Unification Church.

SaxonPagan
Monday, September 9th, 2019, 08:12 PM
Sorry, but what does it say about the USA as a nation when there are Christians attending churches with AR-15’s? :nope

Then on forums we get their American supporters talking about the war in Heaven, God arming his arch angels and telling us to pick up the ‘sword of righteousness’ against the Sodomites etc.. etc.. :doh

Had this story been about Muslims we’d have been full of condemnation and would almost certainly have blamed their religion by now for driving them mental! :insane

schwab
Monday, September 9th, 2019, 08:16 PM
Just another CULT.

schwab
Monday, September 9th, 2019, 08:24 PM
2 Chronicles 7:14 (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Chronicles+7%3A14&version=ESV) If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

We might be just too far gone................

Gareth Lee Hunter
Monday, September 9th, 2019, 09:01 PM
2 Chronicles 7:14 (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Chronicles+7%3A14&version=ESV)

If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

We might be just too far gone................

We will be too far gone if we simply bow our heads and wait for the Good Lord to straighten the mess we made for ourselves out. We must stand strong against the evil incarnate that surrounds us, both as individuals and as a collective 'church'. If we are not willing to fight for the future than we are done.