PDA

View Full Version : Germany or Italy for Holidays?

Ted
Saturday, October 2nd, 2004, 09:06 PM
I'm trying to decide whether to go to Germany or Italy for my holidays next year, but I can't make up mind. Can anyone out there help me out with a few answers?

For instance, which place has better looking and friendlier women? (Very important!)

In which of the two countries can one have a good drunken time without being hassled by the locals or the cops?

Which country would be better visited in the heat of summer?

In which country is English more readilly spoken?

Which country is less of a rip-off to tourists?

Which country is it easier to get around in?

In which country can you have more fun?

Italia_Ariana
Sunday, October 3rd, 2004, 06:56 AM
I'll try to make this as unbiased as possible.

In which of the two countries can one have a good drunken time without being hassled by the locals or the cops?

You're a foreigner, as well as English. Cops in Italy will keep an eye out for you, so, Germany.

Personally, I like the heat, so I say Italia.

Germany.

Germany.

Germany.

Italy

Zyklop
Sunday, October 3rd, 2004, 07:37 AM
I'm trying to decide whether to go to Germany or Italy for my holidays next year, but I can't make up mind. Can anyone out there help me out with a few answers?

For instance, which place has better looking and friendlier women? (Very important!)

Better looking: Germany. "Friendlier" to tourists probably Italy.

Germany.

Italy

Germany.

Germany.

Germany.

As a tourist: Italy.

Donīt you have any other demands than getting laid and drunk? Would help to specify the country.

Stríbog
Sunday, October 3rd, 2004, 08:18 AM
Donīt you have any other demands than getting laid and drunk?

He's English, so probably not.

Ted
Sunday, October 3rd, 2004, 12:37 PM
Italia Ariana, thanks for the reply. I especially found your answer about the local cops to be funny. But, hey, what about an answer for the most important question of them all: "Which place has better looking and friendlier women? (Very important!)"

Ted
Sunday, October 3rd, 2004, 12:40 PM
Donīt you have any other demands than getting laid and drunk? Would help to specify the country.

Well if you can think of anything else more worthwhile and fun to do in life; I'm all ears.:D

Zyklop
Sunday, October 3rd, 2004, 12:58 PM
Well if you can think of anything else more worthwhile and fun to do in life; I'm all ears.:D

You can, for example, watch out for architecture, traditions, paintings, music, nature etc. Getting laid or drunk somewhere shouldnīt be much of a problem.

Strengthandhonour
Sunday, October 3rd, 2004, 03:11 PM
I think if you are looking to get drunk and have lots of sex, then probably Italy should be your choice Ted. But as Zyklop said, there is WAY better things to do in Italy and Germany than to think about beer and girls. This countries have an amazing history and just by walking around the cities you can see this.

Zyklop
Sunday, October 3rd, 2004, 03:18 PM
I think if you are looking to get drunk and have lots of sex, then probably Italy should be your choice Ted. But as Zyklop said, there is WAY better things to do in Italy and Germany than to think about beer and girls. This countries have an amazing history and just by walking around the cities you can see this.

Well said. I also think itīs quite disrespectful to visit a country with the only purpose of sex and drugs. Germany and Italy have enough decadent natives so they surely donīt need the visit of even more decadent tourists.

Prince Eugen
Sunday, October 3rd, 2004, 05:25 PM
I had a wonderfull time in both Italy and Germany!

Italia_Ariana
Sunday, October 3rd, 2004, 06:38 PM
Italia Ariana, thanks for the reply. I especially found your answer about the local cops to be funny. But, hey, what about an answer for the most important question of them all: "Which place has better looking and friendlier women? (Very important!)"

In both Germany and Italy you can find beautiful and friendly women. I think is is more of a rural - urban matter. In urban areas you can find women who are better dressed, and depending on your definition of beauty, more beautiful. On the otherhand in the country you can find more friendly and laid back people. Of course there are exceptions to the rule and that makes this post contradictory. So in conclusion.... whatever floats your boat.

Awar
Sunday, October 3rd, 2004, 06:48 PM
In my experience, Germans are more 'friendly', Italian girls are more beautiful,
in any case, much friendler than Serbs.

Zyklop
Sunday, October 3rd, 2004, 07:03 PM
In my experience, Germans are more 'friendly', Italian girls are more beautiful,
in any case, much friendler than Serbs.

We are talking about the behaviour in their home countries. I donīt think that German girls in Germany are very "friendly" towards tourists. Donīt tell me you ever stepped on German soil! ;)

Awar
Sunday, October 3rd, 2004, 07:08 PM
Nah, never been to either Deutsche Bundesrepublik, or Deutsche Demokratische Republik :)

Gesta Bellica
Tuesday, October 5th, 2004, 03:34 PM
Ted, if u are a blond guy is better for u to go to Italy if u wanna score with girls..while if u have dark hair and u look quite mediterranean or anyway dark haired, kinda like Russel Crowe and similia, is better u go to german as u will surely score in an easier way ;)
Opposite attracts is the rule nowadays and 95% of the girls are so willing to follow the trend.

Johannes de León
Tuesday, October 5th, 2004, 04:20 PM
If your main point is to get drunk and laid, let me tell you this.

Italy has awful women, very arrogant, and they will not even look at foreigners without disdain.

Germany is exactly the reverse.

:D ;)

Awar
Tuesday, October 5th, 2004, 05:07 PM
Exactamundo :D

Zyklop
Tuesday, October 5th, 2004, 05:11 PM
At least Germany is not dependant on tourism and never has been. I think Ted should visit Italy.

Ederico
Tuesday, October 5th, 2004, 05:51 PM
I would choose Italia, but I have sentiments of Italianitā, have Italian blood on both sides of the family, adore Italian Culture, have a similar Culture, know Italian perfectly, and adore Italian woman. By the way if you want better beer I suggest Germany, in Italia I suggest wine though I like both beer and wine.

Tommy Vercetti
Tuesday, October 5th, 2004, 11:18 PM
I recommend a road trip to germany.Go there, buy or rent a car and enjoy
speedlimitless autobahns and beautiful landscapes.That's about all what germany has to offer though

Awar
Wednesday, October 6th, 2004, 01:08 AM
Just go visit Switzerland. It's got both Italians and Germans, and it's their home country at the same time :D

Mac Seafraidh
Wednesday, October 6th, 2004, 03:37 AM
The Axis Powers !!! NOT DIVIDED!!!

Ted
Wednesday, October 6th, 2004, 10:12 PM
If your main point is to get drunk and laid, let me tell you this.

Italy has awful women, very arrogant, and they will not even look at foreigners without disdain.

Germany is exactly the reverse.

:D ;)
Wow! No kidding? Jeesh, I would have thought just the opposite. Well thank-you all for the good advice. Let me say I am going on holiday to do more than just get drunk and chase skirts. I was just trying to be humourous when I brought this topic up in the first place. Sometimes I wonder if many people on this web site have ever developed a sense of humour in their life. A lot of guys posting here seem to be downright angry at the world. Then again, an Anglo-Saxon's idea of humour is totally different from what most non-English speaking peoples find funny. English people lash out and say flippant things about lofty subjects that other people would take highly serious, and try to turn them on their ear for the sake of irony and sarcasm. A lot of people around the world find that sort of behaviour silly, disrespectful, and immature but we English (and Americans) think knocking pompous and pretentious notions down to size as being both liberating and hilarious.

Anyway, I'm still undecided on which place to go to. I might do both, I guess, but that would be time consuming, and I wouldn't be able to stay long enough in either place to get the feel for them. I plan on going in the summer, and I know it gets pretty damned hot in Italy in the summer, but climates and landscapes don't interest me. What I want to know more about is the national charachter. Are Germans really as hyper-organised, pushy, arrogant, domineering, loud, and fat as the stereotypes claim? Are Italians really that overly emotional, superficial, tacky, materialistic, cheap, crooked, selfish, and sex crazed as some people say? Are most German women fond of donning leather trousers, chains and whips, all while getting blind drunk on beer and schnaps? Are Italian women bound up and forced to stay indoors by domineering fathers until their wedding day?

I've often heard that German women can be friendly--especially if you are a Negro American soldier--to foreign men, but the further north you go in Germany, supposedly the less friendlier the people. I've also heard that Italian women exude sexuality in their skimpy clothes and alluring smiles, but at the same time I understand that Italians are the least likely people in all of Western Europe to speak English. This really surprises me when you take into account over the last 100 years, the vast amount of Italian immigration to English speaking places like New Jersey/New York, Toronto, and London.

Any thoughts?:guinness

Italia_Ariana
Thursday, October 7th, 2004, 02:16 AM
Are Italians really that:

overly emotional?
We've been accused of this yes, I guess it could be true. I've accused Germans of being under emotional. :)
superficial?
uff... "fare la bella figura" is very important in modern Italy.
tacky?
Depends
materialistic?
Yeah, thanks to americanisation
cheap?
I've never heard this one... it depends i guess
crooked?
80% of the criminals are immigrants. :P ;)
selfish?
Less in the general population, more apparent in the business and political leaders.
and sex crazed?
uhm... W LA FIGA E CHI LA CASTIGA !!! :D