PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Feel About Ageing?

Víðálfr
Monday, February 18th, 2019, 09:57 PM
How do you feel about ageing? Both females and males, and about both genders...

Do you find older males or older females less attractive?

How do you feel about yourself getting older?

Personally... looking in my own past... I think I took for granted my youth without appreciating it properly. I didn't think highly enough about myself and about my looks, for example, and seeing now older pictures of myself I'm thinking 'How beautiful I was and how stupid I was to think I was not beautiful!'...

Sometimes I feel older and getting older freaks me out! :(

Recently I was looking at videos of female singers I used to like as a child or teenager.. and I also looked at videos of how they look now... What a difference! Personally I find younger females much more attractive... I love their innocent looks, their purity and that hint of childishness. I'm concerned about losing these traits myself... hopefully I won't, but... time will tell. I don't want to get older! :( I wish to stay young and pretty and cute forever!

No matter what cosmetics women use, they still age... and it's visible... it's not something you can totally hide. I mean, celebrities, for example, use lots of expensive things to look younger, even cosmetic surgery, and they still don't look like in their 20s anymore!

Do you find older women less attractive? Well, I do... :(

But I find older men more attractive than younger men... so here I think men have an advantage! ;) At least in my opinion...

Personally I find women in their 20s the most attractive, while I find men in their 30s or 40s the most attractive...

And I'm a bit scared of ageing... When you grow older together with your loved one you don't think about it (I was not!), but when you suddenly find yourself single... and much older than before the long-lasting relationship you had... it feels a bit weird... and hopeless... :(

I suppose there are men who like older women more, but well, personally I don't feel so good about not being in my 20s anymore... :(

Women or girls still in your 20s (or even younger), don't take your youth for granted, as you won't have it forever! I wish I was wiser in my 20s... I was much more beautiful and I didn't have enough self confidence about the way I looked... I feel a bit like an old woman now... even though I'm just in my early 30s... :(

I suppose a woman in her 40s or 50s or older would laugh at me saying the same about me as I am saying about women in their 20s...

I was discussing with my grandma a while ago about ageing... and she said that in her 50s, for example, she felt old... but now she thinks she was still so young in her 50s... she wishes she could still be in her 50s now... or at least in her 60s...

It seems like age is relative, isn't it? Or just a number...

How do you feel about it yourself? Do you feel old and left behind or do you feel younger than ever?

Finnish Swede
Monday, February 18th, 2019, 11:24 PM
I have not yet think ageing much ... I just become adult ... LOL. But yes...it is something everyone will face in their life.

I think my mom looks fine, but in old photos ... she was even very pretty.

I guess the ageing issue will worry me more then I'm 25 than today as 20.

Chlodovech
Monday, February 18th, 2019, 11:36 PM
Aging is probably worse now than ever before, because we have less children, because we're godless and because we are more selfcentered, which makes a lot of people dream about eternal youth and go for surgery and other vain, largely cosmetic measures in order to delay bodily decay. Also because the gaps between generations are bigger now than ever before, mostly due to technological progress. A grandfather in the 17th century could easily relate to his grandchild, they lived the same lives in the same environment with the same tech - and they took part in the same parties and celebrations. It made it easier to relate to younger and older people than yourself and probably made the intergenerational conflicts which marked the 20th century a very unlikely thing back then.

I didn't fancy the prospect of turning 35 myself, my upcoming birthday was looming over my head for several months - after that age no-one considers you young anymore, that gave me a bit of a headache. But, you know, when the day finally arrived I said: "oh screw it". It was just another day and I was still the same guy of course. But I find getting older rather interesting now and I often contemplate my own death, past and (less so) future. I try to remember everything and everyone I met and the chronology of my life. As with most people, my twenties were hazy and I feel it's important to give some structure to my memories. There are so many events, names and faces I only vaguely remember, but I'm always elated when I do.

I'm a guy of course, and women in general find guys the exact age I am at the height of their attractiveness. I can imagine that it's somewhat different for women - on the other hand - women relax more when their looks start to fade, they can make peace with themselves and stop feeling so insecure all the time.

It seems like age is relative, isn't it? Or just a number...

Most people don't seem to mentally evolve anymore after the age of 16-18 (women) or 18-24 (men), ... sadly. So in that regard age is probably relative.

I've always been a bit of a late bloomer myself, but I sense I become more confident and wiser every four years or so. Aging isn't all bad, it has its advantages. And there are old people, let's say older than sixty, who say they not want to be young and foolish again and they like to be "old", they probably have solid reasons for it. Good for them.

I understand Víðálfr's uneasiness though - it's something I think about quasi every day too - getting older is very confrontational - especially for people who like to keep fit and do sports. I start to feel all those little pains too, nothing major, nothing preventing me from doing whatever I did as a 25 year old, but I have felt some chronic "pain" on and off in one of my ankles for a few years (now it's gone again and I haven't felt anything in the last two years) - it's not even pain, it doesn't truly hurt - I just feel that the ankle isn't 100% anymore. But I sense that issue could return. I injured my ankle during an innocent movement while running, I didn't land bad, I didn't twist my ankle, it just occured - and it did bloody hurt at the time, I couldn't stand on my right foot for a few hours. But being Frankish and of the same stock as the people who stormed the walls of Jerusalem, I didn't stop running, I just limped along, finishing my parcours. :D Maybe I shouldn't have though. I guess my body type and me being a sprinter has a lot to do with the ankle issue I had/have.

SaxonPagan
Monday, February 18th, 2019, 11:50 PM
Young beats old every time.

I’ve tried to find some compensations now that I’ve turned 60 but it’s really like clutching at straws. ‘Experience’ is a widely touted advantage of aging and it’s true that I know far more about the world now than I did at 20, but so what? On an individual level, is this knowledge even a good thing? I’d much rather be an optimistic and naïve 20-year-old than a cynical 60-year-old – I was a lot happier back then!

One thing I would say is that I wouldn’t swap places with a school-leaver just starting out in the complex world of today. I was quite fortunate to have grown up in an era when life was more laid-back because some of the cr*p going on now is quite surreal … I doubt I would even cope! So I’m happy to have been born when I was but not with my present age, if you can unravel the logic in that :scratch

Gareth Lee Hunter
Tuesday, February 19th, 2019, 12:14 AM
Aside from an increasing number of wrinkles, and grey hairs, I don't let depressing thoughts about the natural aging process get me down to where I can no longer enjoy life.

I'm certainly happier and much more satisfied with my daily life in the ways that actually count now than I was in my teens and twenties.

As long as I can maintain a sound mind and body, I intend to stick around and continue to enjoy life... And I'm very pleased to have a lovely little lady to share my final years with. ;)

Sigurdsson
Tuesday, February 19th, 2019, 12:35 AM
I'm not worried about aging. I hope to have a large family by the time I'm considered "old". And that, as well as the prospect of minimal stresses in retirement, makes it seem good. Also, I could care less about looking old.

schwab
Tuesday, February 19th, 2019, 01:20 AM
Don't worry about it, be close to your family, I'm 82 surrounded by kids, grand kits and great-grand kits. Hopefully I make it to 5 generations..................

Huginn ok Muninn
Tuesday, February 19th, 2019, 01:21 AM
Aging sucks. Have kids now.

schwab
Tuesday, February 19th, 2019, 01:25 AM
Right on, brother.............

Store up on BOTOX............

SpearBrave
Tuesday, February 19th, 2019, 01:51 AM
Do you find older women less attractive? Well, I do...

Beauty is how a woman carries herself, besides I like women not girls. Most females don't even know who they are until about age 30 or so.

As for me getting old is not so bad, but I absolutely refuse to grow up.;)

I look forward to the day I'm old and grey with a cane and going around messing with people. My grandfather did not speak English very well and he went to town everyday and swept the sidewalks, people thought he was a crazy old German, but really he was doing all that just watch all women shopping. :P That does not sound like a bad gig.

Víðálfr
Tuesday, February 19th, 2019, 01:53 AM
When I was 19 I wasn't concerned about ageing either. Exactly by that time I had one of the first meaningful conversations, if not the first one, about ageing, with one of my best friends at that time...

He showed me this song, which he liked very much, and explained me the deep meaning of it:

https://youtu.be/xBq_PSg3vHc

'All beauty must die'

All beauty fades away, nothing in the physical world lasts forever... Some say that women truly live only until their 30s, and after that they stop living... meaning they stop being beautiful.

But the good part should be: after 30s if someone loves you and stays with you it won't be for the looks only anymore... ;)

schwab
Tuesday, February 19th, 2019, 02:01 AM
I would like to remind everybody that one should make life decisions concerning health decisions for your last days, it sounds morbid, I know. But Documenting your wishes today means your family won't have to make heart-wrenching decisions later.
For example do you want to be kept alive being brain dead and a feeding tube down your throat?
Study as an example the Oregon Health decisions pamphlet at:

https://www.oregonhealthdecisions.org/

Sorry, but it is important...................

Sample page...........114488

Víðálfr
Tuesday, February 19th, 2019, 03:55 AM
@schwab: Are those only in USA, I guess?

I don't know about anything like that in Europe...

As for me getting old is not so bad, but I absolutely refuse to grow up.;)

I look forward to the day I'm old and grey with a cane and going around messing with people. My grandfather did not speak English very well and he went to town everyday and swept the sidewalks, people thought he was a crazy old German, but really he was doing all that just watch all women shopping. :P That does not sound like a bad gig.
Hehehe, that's the spirit! :thumbup

I believe that in my 60s I could also be a model:

https://youtu.be/-SumD5gHaFM

And in my 90s and 100s I could also be a yoga teacher, maybe a dancer too:

https://youtu.be/z9DiBkhGRhU

Most females don't even know who they are until about age 30 or so.
True! I've talked with some older females, close to my age though, who told me that only in their early 30s they figured out what they wanted to do with their lives... Nowadays it seems to be like that for most people... Lots of possibilities, hard to choose...

schwab
Tuesday, February 19th, 2019, 04:27 AM
@XXXXXX I cannot type your name........
No, this is something voluntary, You can put it in your will or thrust papers. It is not required to have it.

Volk und Rasse
Tuesday, February 19th, 2019, 08:52 AM
Víðálfr, you could find a refuge in philosophy. Schopenhauer, Hegel or Kant, everyone of them talked about aging, the way to confront this fact and paths to be prepared for death. As long as you begin focus in cultivating a virtuous spirit and character, it will reflect and stand above your physical body. That's beauty in its own way.

You could read about the victorian stoicism.

Alice
Tuesday, February 19th, 2019, 04:58 PM
Good question, Víðálfr. I've only recently begun to think about ageing because I was quite ill throughout my adult life and my thoughts were somewhere else, I suppose. Luckily, the cause of the illness was found, but it's only very recently that my health has improved, and I am thankful to be alive, and grateful for many people in my life.

But yes, I can be vain at times and notice certain changes in myself as I age. But overall, I believe there is too much emphasis on the cult of youth and beauty or the cult of the body nowadays. As I reflect on certain unwise decisions I made in my younger years and the self-imposed suffering I caused myself, I am glad I have some degree of perspective and insight today.

Finnish Swede
Tuesday, February 19th, 2019, 05:41 PM
Good question, Víðálfr. I've only recently begun to think about ageing because I was quite ill throughout my adult life and my thoughts were somewhere else, I suppose. Luckily, the cause of the illness was found, but it's only very recently that my health has improved, and I am thankful to be alive, and grateful for many people in my life.

But yes, I can be vain at times and notice certain changes in myself as I age. But overall, I believe there is too much emphasis on the cult of youth and beauty or the cult of the body nowadays. As I reflect on certain unwise decisions I made in my younger years and the self-imposed suffering I caused myself, I am glad I have some degree of perspective and insight today.

Oh, nice to hear you are better now. Health is the most important thing.

I agree that todays world concentrates looks much too much. The worst expression are these kids beauty contests (with adults make up).

I try to use cosmetics (products) which are ethical sustainable growth (no animals used as tests). I don't normally use strong make up anyway.

I like to believe that my future man will accept that I will become older too (same as him). Time will tell how it will be, but no sense to worry about that yet/now.

Víðálfr
Wednesday, February 20th, 2019, 02:37 AM
Indeed, health is the most important!

I'm glad you made it and you are here with us, Alice! I also had some serious health issues a couple of years ago and I was not sure I was going to make it to this day... but thanks to alternative therapies, to many good therapists of natural medicine, and thanks to yoga practice and to my ex who stand by my side and took care of me, I am here today alive and in good health!

I like to believe that my future man will accept that I will become older too (same as him).

Growing old together... what a nice thing!

And... let's remember about our parents too!

Æmeric
Wednesday, February 20th, 2019, 03:11 AM
Time passes by quickly. It seems I was 21 just a few years ago but it was 35. When the same amount of time passes I will be 91. Time is the most precious commodity. You can't save it & you can't buy more of it. So don't waste it.

LillyCaterina
Wednesday, February 20th, 2019, 04:10 PM
Thankfully, I married a man who refuses to allow his numerical age and the opinions of others to dictate how he thinks and behaves. Just cause you can't help physically growing older doesn't mean you have to act and think like a boring and cynical old fart. :nope

As for "wasting time":

1. Many people are required to spend about a third of their lives making other people richer.

2. Biology dictates we have to spend about another third of our lives in a state of temporary death called sleep.

3. This leaves about a third of our lives free for us to mess up however we decide to. :D

SpearBrave
Wednesday, February 20th, 2019, 09:51 PM
doesn't mean you have to act and think like a boring and cynical old fart. :nope

What! I want to be a cynical old fart! I'm even practicing for it.

Víðálfr
Wednesday, February 20th, 2019, 10:48 PM
What! I want to be a cynical old fart! I'm even practicing for it.

:roll :rotfl

Indeed... I hope I'll have had lots of fun in this lifetime before the time I'll die and leave this physical world. :P

Terminus
Thursday, February 21st, 2019, 05:59 PM
I can't stand the thought of living up to 80 years old, despite the unique kind of wisdom which is inaccessible to youth. I already suffer from a number of irritations. You could say that I'm an old man in a youngster's body. It's been observed that the elderly, especially if they're wealthy or materialistic, desperately cling to life. I'd rather die around the age of Schiller, if possible.

Leliana
Thursday, March 7th, 2019, 11:31 PM
Ageing is weired. I still feel and think the same like I were 18 or 19. But I'm almost 10 years older. My looks are not that bad, most people assume that I'm in my early 20's. :P Somehow I think I'm not able to act like a woman in her nearby 30's. How it is to be 30 soon? I don't know, I feel like as my teenagehood had never ended, lol. :/ Could become a problem some day...

schwab
Thursday, March 7th, 2019, 11:51 PM
It's normal..............114589...........goi ng on 83.............

You don't have to practice..........I love it.

Hersir
Friday, March 8th, 2019, 11:52 PM
I feel old becoming 30, that was two years ago. Now I don't mind having birthdays, I just hope I can have a family. But I have plenty time.

Þoreiðar
Saturday, March 9th, 2019, 02:01 AM
I don't care so much about aging. I rather focus on being a better person than I was yesterday. And looking back at myself five, ten years ago, I feel I have improved in every aspect I can think of. Of course, there comes a time when I no longer can ignore my age, and my body will put restrictions on me. But even so, I believe old age comes with its advantages. Most people accept an old man in a way that often doesn't come as easy to younger generations. Nobody tells an old, quirky man he is weird or need to change his ways. He is too old to change anyway, so people just let him be the way he is. "Grandpa said something racist, did he? Well, he's just of a different time. Nevermind his eccentric musings..."

My own grandfather just turned 81, and having been a farmer most of his life, he still keeps up his old routine of helping out on the family farm and working in the forest by himself. Ever since I was a young teenager, I have helped him out with his work every now and then. In one way, we're like living in two completely separate Worlds. I want everything done in as little time as possible, with as much expenditure of force as I can muster, while he just approaches everything with an aura of peace and calm. And usually trolling the hell out of me when he sees I'm getting stressed or frustrated. :D

I hope his kind of mindset and inner peace comes as easily to me when (and if) I become his age. And seeing as old age runs in that part of my family, I might very well live to be even older. In any case, I can only aspire to be the best 80, 90 or 100 year-old I can be. And I'm sure I will relish in it, one way or the other.

Gareth Lee Hunter
Saturday, March 9th, 2019, 06:19 PM
Age is not suppose to change who we are as individuals. So don't allow others to define who you are by your numerical age.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/40/1e/b9/401eb9bfadadb8d026070cf435e99670.jpg

Rodulf
Saturday, March 9th, 2019, 09:19 PM
So far it's kicking my ass. I have been military and law enforcement most of my life, always hyper-physical. Now, with retirement looming in about a year and a half, I am losing my physicality. Old injuries are coming back to haunt me. New problems arising. Really sucks...

Víðálfr
Saturday, March 9th, 2019, 09:56 PM
The first part of the following video is interesting:

https://youtu.be/EUEZeRD1HnA

Another interesting video, about how Yoga and Meditation can help with 'anti-aging':

https://youtu.be/Hzf7oJ_50ZY

Hmmm... I wish I will look as good as she in my 50s and 60s (if not even better):

https://youtu.be/D-bv3YvgXf0

Well, I guess I have a chance, since I've never been married and I don't have kids either. :P

Finnish Swede
Sunday, March 10th, 2019, 01:28 PM
Ageing? I hate it. I just turned 21 and I would like to stop the time now (or then I was 19 or 20).

Þoreiðar
Sunday, March 10th, 2019, 03:29 PM
Ageing? I hate it. I just turned 21 and I would like to stop the time now (or then I was 19 or 20).That took a drastic turn in a matter of a few weeks... :P

I have not yet think ageing much ... I just become adult ... LOL.

I don't think you should worry, though. Just enjoy life and continue growing.

Wolff
Sunday, March 10th, 2019, 03:39 PM
In part I would like too stop aging but then, if I were to do that, I would be lacking wisdom.

Víðálfr
Sunday, March 10th, 2019, 07:04 PM
Ageing? I hate it. I just turned 21 and I would like to stop the time now (or then I was 19 or 20).
How I wish I was your age now (combined with the knowledge I have today in my early 30's). :P

Oh, well, I'm sure older ladies would also say they wish they were my age... eventually with the knowledge they have today...

Time runs fast, isn't it? ;)

Finnish Swede
Sunday, March 10th, 2019, 07:56 PM
That took a drastic turn in a matter of a few weeks... :P

I don't think you should worry, though. Just enjoy life and continue growing.

Girl can change hers mind quickly.

Víðálfr
Sunday, March 10th, 2019, 08:40 PM
Girl can change hers mind quickly.
You reminded me of this song (listen to the refrain):

https://youtu.be/8N2k-gv6xNE

:P Well, I think this is not such a good think, but who am I to judge? Some men can change their minds quickly too, unfortunately.

I feel old becoming 30, that was two years ago. Now I don't mind having birthdays, I just hope I can have a family. But I have plenty time.
I hope to have a family too. :( But I don't think there's plenty of time for that...

Now we're in our 30's, but soon it will be our 40's and soon after, 50's, 60's, and so on... Time runs incredibly fast!

Finnish Swede
Sunday, March 10th, 2019, 09:26 PM
You reminded me of this song (listen to the refrain):

https://youtu.be/8N2k-gv6xNE

Well ... I'm still ''young enough'' to do Bielman (for example).

Gareth Lee Hunter
Sunday, March 10th, 2019, 09:51 PM
I hope to have a family too. :( But I don't think there's plenty of time for that...

Now we're in our 30's, but soon it will be our 40's and soon after, 50's, 60's, and so on... Time runs incredibly fast!

My father was 53, and my mother was 32 when I was conceived.

My parents had already produced a daughter and son 12 & 13 years older than me.

My father had asked my mother if she wanted to return to work or have another child... So I'm here.:D

Víðálfr
Monday, March 11th, 2019, 02:23 AM
My father was 53, and my mother was 32 when I was conceived.
Good to be a man then! A woman in her 50's, not sure if she still can have kids. And you were the third child already, so when your mom was 32 she already had two more kids... I really wish I was a man! :( As a man is much easier to find a partner to have a family with, no matter how old you are... I already gave up the idea... :(

Þoreiðar
Monday, March 11th, 2019, 03:16 AM
As a man is much easier to find a partner to have a family with, no matter how old you are... I already gave up the idea... :(It depends on the age group. But overall, it seems men have a harder time establishing a family of their own in the course of a life time, seeing as there's a lot more childless men out there than childless women among those over 40 years old. After 40, there's extremely few men who become newly made fathers.

Still, seeing as you're in your early thirties, you have only just reached the peak age group in which women in Norway have their first child. On country basis, the average age women become mothers for the first time, was 30.1 years old in 2014, and probably a little bitter higher today.

Huginn ok Muninn
Monday, March 11th, 2019, 03:32 AM

You really don't. Better get on it, find a woman and have those kids now. The more years you share with them, the better.

Huginn ok Muninn
Monday, March 11th, 2019, 03:38 AM

Smart girl. I would be content to have been 21 forever, but the only cure is having children of your own... then your blood will remain young in them.

Víðálfr
Monday, March 11th, 2019, 10:15 AM
Still, seeing as you're in your early thirties, you have only just reached the peak age group in which women in Norway have their first child. On country basis, the average age women become mothers for the first time, was 30.1 years old in 2014, and probably a little bitter higher today.
Thanks, I didn't know that! How's the situation about men in Norway? Is it true that are more men in Norway than women and there's 'lack of women' for all those men?

In Norway, there are 12,000 more men than women. Source (http://brightside.me/wonder-curiosities/11-countries-in-the-world-where-women-are-in-high-demand-412560/)
I'm not sure how true that is... There are many lesbians and many homosexuals too in Norway, I think that should be counted...

@Huginn ok Muninn: I wish I was 21 forever too, and I think the 20's is the best age, biologically speaking, for a woman to have kids... Early 30's is still a good age, but after that... :( However, for that you need a partner too... If I'm ever going to have kids, I want them to have a proper family with me.

Gareth Lee Hunter
Monday, March 11th, 2019, 01:53 PM
Oh, get over the glorious twenties nonsense, people. Life doesn't begin at twenty, and it certainly doesn't end at thirty. :oanieyes

One of the financially well-established 'married' (key word) couples who sometimes attends our social functions just recently became parents to a healthy son. He was forty and she was in her mid-thirties when they decided to procreate.

Just remember, regardless of your age, not to concentrate so much on procreating that you impatiently put the cart before the horse.

I remember dating a woman in my early twenties who, I discovered, just wanted to 'breed' with me, even though I was not even prepared to get married at that time. So I stopped seeing her.

Just because you never reproduce doesn't make you a failure, anymore than remaining unattached does. Marriage and having children are two things we can't just make happen without risking unpleasant consequences due to wishful thinking.

Nordic Angel
Monday, March 11th, 2019, 03:30 PM
I turned 30 last month and it feels strange and I don't really like it. I want to stay in my 20's forever.

I already feel that I no longer have as much energy and vitality as I had when I was like 18 or 19 or even 25.

However, I try to accept it nevertheless. It's a normal part of life after all. And maybe I will be really happy when I'm 65 and sit in my garden surrounded by many happy grandchildren playing around me.

jagdmesser
Wednesday, March 13th, 2019, 12:13 AM
life is a set of stages - infancy, childhood, adolescence, teenager, young adult, adult, worker, parent, middle age, grandparent, retirement, old age . . . At every stage you have a different set of priorities .

Maybe a relevant quote here -

23 of Jean-Paul Sartre’s Most Famous Quotes:

1.”Life has no meaning the moment you lose the illusion of being eternal.”

2.”We must act out passion before we can feel it.”

3.”Nothingness haunts being.”

4.”Three o’clock is always too late or too early for anything you want to do.”

5.”God is absence. God is the solitude of man.”

6.”Words are loaded pistols.”

7.”Life begins on the other side of despair.”

8. Unlike the man of sixty the man of twenty never thinks of dying.

9.”Man is not the sum of what he has already, but rather the sum of what he does not yet have, of what he could have.”

10.”Hell is other people.”

11.”Like all dreamers, I mistook disenchantment for truth.”

12.”One always dies too soon — or too late. And yet, life is there, finished: the line is drawn, and it must all be added up. You are nothing other than your life.”

13.”It is certain that we cannot escape anguish, for we are anguish.”

14.”Nothingness lies coiled at the heart of being like a worm.”

15.”We do not know what we want and yet we are responsible for what we are — that is the fact.”

16.”As far as men go, it is not what they are that interests me, but what they can become.”

17.”I know only one Church: it is the society of men.”

18.”I am no longer sure of anything. If I satiate my desires, I sin but I deliver myself from them; if I refuse to satisfy them, they infect the whole soul.”

19.”Everything has been figured out, except how to live.”

20.”Anything, anything would be better than this agony of mind, this creeping pain that gnaws and fumbles and caresses one and never hurts quite enough.”

21.”Time is too large, it can’t be filled up. Everything you plunge into it is stretched and disintegrates.”

22.”I will not be modest. Humble, as much as you like, but not modest. Modesty is the virtue of the lukewarm.”

23.”If a victory is told in detail, one can no longer distinguish it from a defeat.”

23 of Jean-Paul Sartre's Most Famous Quotes - Art-Sheep (http://yandex.ru/clck/jsredir?bu=gc3q&from=yandex.ru%3Bsearch%2F%3Bweb%3B%3B&text=&etext=2089.wWT3dQ6Y57pyui4SmQpgtDJN0sFhP VUacUFqV8D8ZOMLEwbnmmpbA4MHW2rNjGpn.93b4 c3f2c5ec2e4dda2529480a94459616077fe3&uuid=&state=PEtFfuTeVD5kpHnK9lio9dFa2ePbDzX7fH _cbK-eu2V8J4cbFpzDXW9rYi7SZhqEJIq8fXhATr5ZDzT C0wt8Gw-k1gKTv3duxo_wlzSYTLiZ4IuHrz1O_A,,&&cst=AiuY0DBWFJ5Hyx_fyvalFLFfOiIpZKkuWKuM iVL_0z28AblzcHUSfuja-jiqeyewI1kOxK415rE1FSwWIjXV5oVu7tNmrxnIY YBFaICWo8mbwcyRCjxhCjivgcUcJq2O5WdVN4UD6 d5rNOuaVnbzFGwsfkgfhVgZx1t_hva5sCd-jZqtyqlXmtCD6QkxEvkKl7lrfnNAuWRIh5VnddtG LWfmaFabqMY_yL6Abw0sW5ZBwbvJGnBafgP3Xc4w WJ3SjV8yv8lpNlnlfPDqQVv1U2MtG3AuK326cX2H 2c8VZDhOlWQyyhGHUioOc7Px2UvhpagV9W1A0XR5 POfZppnf3oxJgKBs0F3_ty80sM-RmUlrSYAUIHS4DeAKRDA0SBN6Jtgq_ze1dH80mQq Pn0TSd_qZo_0D_YbSzBoVhHqoEyJ1eV_pQYM7Pgj UvRJn8ipuOZDiKLDSBSR9YebX5RhR4qz0bqU5V8i mSnRNPqMXkJchT229s6aLFmp8LRUqYxdFWECVuJ7 zmiPshKySgy4lRHt3WxI2qKN-XJ4U2JpI3A0,&data=UlNrNmk5WktYejY4cHFySjRXSWhXRk5wMHl hUzZqUElQTU1SdXZhQWRSOHNUbk5CSEVvZ2Q3NGl yYTV1QVJCanhmLUlVNzlwbWdESll0aW00T0tQVTh UZFZLamEtSjJSVVB4NE03N2cwUHQ3c3BKZXVWc0J uS2FUTHhmVERHdkpPSmRQT2hnQjRBeXhNa0NQaDg wRVdnWGtVSHdfbGJtbQ,,&sign=2ef8b2b3b394542a046930025508934e&keyno=0&b64e=2&ref=orjY4mGPRjk5boDnW0uvlrrd71vZw9kpZLiC SUd8rWwOwaMGKhsNXjDo-NMHpxo-sJrEn7ijGrdBVF3xLfGaaSxBFe4a_Z9zO4CxKjMo c0k3QO0LE7QF6Q,,&l10n=ru&rp=1&cts=1552430965642&mc=4.137537511266052&hdtime=623412)
art-sheep.com (https://art-sheep.com/)›23-of-jean-paul-sartres-most…quotes/ (https://art-sheep.com/23-of-jean-paul-sartres-most-famous-quotes/)
Jean-Paul Sartre (1905-1980) 12 Mar 2019.

A jew and a marxist too, of course.

I like this quote he made about Paris in WW II:

"We were never more free than under the German occupation!" - Jean-Paul Sartre.

schwab
Wednesday, March 13th, 2019, 02:35 AM
I had to study Sartre in college. I never cared for his views. He was just another philosopher with distorted views of life. He was an atheist. He was a socialist and a communist supporting the french communist party. He did not know how to distinguish National Socialism from communism. To me he was a lost soul looking for something he never found.

Coillearnach
Thursday, March 14th, 2019, 08:15 PM
It's complicated. Bad news first, I fear that point of aging where women often become invisible even though I'm not there yet. How people judge your attractiveness does unfortunately affect how many of them treat you in even the most mundane, everyday situations. I'm also afraid of the russian roulette game of painful or degenerative illness that you don't really think about until your 30s unless you've been exceptionally unlucky. Beyond that though, the thing that scares me the most and has been probably the most motivational is the prospect of not having reached my potential.

The good news is your capacity to tolerate BS from other people plummets (and hopefully your will to manufacture it) and empathy goes way, way up (at least until you're elderly). The world is a deeply unfair place and humanity is much more fragile than you have the capacity to realize when you're very young, it's startling but also good for your soul to start looking behind the surface and beyond yourself. The smaller things have taken on more meaning, as well as foundations that were taken for granted before or simply not noticed at all. The older I get, the more I fully understand that the only thing that really matters is virtue, that everything else can and will be taken away with time. It's one thing to understand that on a removed, intellectual level but education is quite different from experience.

All in all, I think I'm moving toward an ideal of eugeria more than sorrowful old age, I think that's a better game plan.