PDA

View Full Version : Nail Polish is Poisonous!



Víđálfr
Monday, February 18th, 2019, 01:18 AM
This Is What Happens To Your Body 10 Hours After Applying The Nail Polish!


http://yogaesoteric.net/uploads4/septembrie/15/16991/16991_1.jpg


The vast majority of women paint their nails. But do you know that the nail polish contains chemical components that are toxic and can cause damage to the body, not only superficially, but internally? So if you want to know how nail polish can affect your body, continue reading this information.

A recent study has found that many of the most popular nail polish brands are far more harmful than they appear.
The researchers tested 24 women who painted their nails to detect signs of chemical toxins in their body. They found toxins in each of them. The cause? The nail polish.
The results showed that 100% of the participants showed signs of triphenyl phosphate only ten hours after the application of the nail polish.

In a follow-up study, the same researchers tested ten different nail polishes and found that eight of them contained this chemical. In addition, two of the nail polishes that tested positive for triphenyl phosphate did not indicate on the label containing this chemical compound. This could mean that up to 20% of the nail polishes that are on sale contain a dangerous chemical that does not appear in its list of ingredients.

What is triphenyl phosphate?

One of the major concerns about triphenyl phosphate is that it disrupts the endocrine system of humans. It can affect hormone regulation, metabolism, reproduction and development.

This is especially harmful for girls who use nail polish regularly, since healthy hormonal development is an essential part of their growth. However, triphenyl phosphate poses a serious risk to the health of anyone who exposed to it.
It is also known to be:
- Neurotoxin;
- Endocrine toxin;
- Reproductive Toxin;
- Irritant to skin;
- Allergen.

Other hazardous nail polish compounds

Formaldehyde
Formaldehyde is a well-known carcinogen that can dissolve in water and air. Exposure to this chemical can also produce symptoms such as clinging, asthma, and shortness of breath. Those with chronic diseases are especially susceptible to formaldehyde poisoning.

Toluene
This chemical is known to prevent development in children, however, some scientists found traces of it in breast milk. In addition, it can be irritating to the skin after exposure.

Natural alternatives to nail polish

It is true that the nails painted look very nice, but is it really worth taking such risks?
Fortunately, there are some companies that have decided to create natural alternatives that eliminate the risks of suffering from allergies, cancer, and hormonal disorders.

1. Honeybee Gardens
It has a line of natural nail polish in a wide variety of colors. They are made of water and contain absolutely no trace of dangerous chemicals or carcinogens.

2. Acquarella
It has a selection of more than 50 colors of nail varnish. All water-based and without formaldehyde, toluene, dibutyl phthalate or mercury.

3. SpaRitual
It is a brand of nail polish free of toxins and is also vegan.

4. Peacekeeper Cause-Metics
It also has some enamels based on argan oil and free of toxins. This will also moisturize your nails.

Source (http://yogaesoteric.net/content.aspx?lang=EN&item=16991)

Nail polish is another thing I simply don't use... I used to paint my nails as a child (sometimes using the nail polishes of my mom or grandma when they were not watching :P) and as a teenager, but in my teenage years I gave up on that habit... I preferred to do other things with my time instead, and I also realized the toxicity of it...

It's the first time I read there are natural alternatives to nail polishes without toxic effects...

However, when cooking, for example, nail polish is not that practical... it can also get into the food... which is not desirable at all...

It may look pretty, but honestly I consider it to be waste of time and health...