PDA

View Full Version : Any HUGUENOTS Around Here?

schwab
Wednesday, December 19th, 2018, 08:04 PM
Important Dates in Huguenot History

John Calvin flees Paris

29 January 1536

General Edict urging extermination of heretics (Huguenots)

John Calvin becomes pastor in Geneva

1550s

Calvinism comes to France with thousands of converts

25 May 1559

First Synod of the French Reformed Church held in Paris, followed by persecutions and issuance of Edict prohibiting "heretical" worship

Attempt to replace Catholic Guises with Huguenot Conde as regent

Huguenots petition the King and threaten revolt if persecution persists

1 March 1562

Massacre at Vassay begins French religious wars; Conde assassinated

Huguenots sign manifesto saying they were forced to take arms

1 May 1562

Arrival at St. John's River, in Florida, of the first pilgrimage by Huguenots to North America

Death of John Calvin

Huguenot colony massacred at St. John, FL

24 August 1572

St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre in which tens of thousands of Huguenots were killed

Huguenots/Protestants expelled from France

13 April 1598

Edict of Nantes by Henry of Navarre which granted religious and civil liberties to the Huguenots promises protection

18 October 1685

Revocation of the Edict of Nantes by Louis XIV which was published 22 October 1685, and resulted in persecution of the Huguenots; 400,000 flee France to other countries

28 November 1787

Promulgation of the Edict of Toleration

http://www.huguenot.netnation.com/general/

(http://www.huguenot.netnation.com/general/)

Elizabeth
Wednesday, December 19th, 2018, 08:47 PM
I have a tiny bit of Huguenot ancestry on my father's side. LaTourette left France and moved to Staten Island, New York. I think Staten Island, NY used to be called Richmond, NY. Also remember seeing the surname Mercereau/Mersereau.
My La Tourrette branch left Staten Island, New York for New Jersey.

schwab
Wednesday, December 19th, 2018, 10:15 PM
On my mothers side in Alsace, most all relatives were wearing the Huguenot Cross as a necklace. I don't have any details other than I was told that marrying a Catholic was forbidden. My German wife is wearing that cross too in remembrance of those that have been massacred for their faith.

Ahnenerbe
Thursday, December 20th, 2018, 03:36 AM
Tens of thousands killed, then 400,000 mostly Nordid Huguenots left, out of a total French population of less than 20 million at the time.

Not only that's a lot, but those were mostly the thinkers, the independent, self-sufficient people.

We can basically date the start of the decay of France from 1572 onwards.

There is this paradox that Protestantism really is an inferior theology and is spiritually invalid, yet it attracted some of the best and most honest people, as a reaction to the corruption of the Catholic Church.

Bittereinder
Thursday, January 10th, 2019, 05:16 PM
There is this paradox that Protestantism really is an inferior theology and is spiritually invalid, yet it attracted some of the best and most honest people, as a reaction to the corruption of the Catholic Church.

I would love to know on what you base this assertion.

Ahnenerbe
Tuesday, January 15th, 2019, 01:57 AM
The Catholic and Orthodox Churches are based on a spiritual transmission since the time of Christ and they are the depositaries of the actual rituals, which have been setup by great saints such as Basil the Great and others. You can't deviate from that at will, unless you have some kind of great spiritual accomplishment of your own. Only bona fide saints can bring a modification to the religion (in every religion).

Protestantism is just some random dude reading the Bible and giving his own interpretation, that generally has to fit the lifestyle of his community to keep people merry and hardworking, give them a basic feeling of belonging, and keep social order. That's not what religion is about (even though many people think so today).

Protestantism was not brought about by saints, but by regular "dudes" who made up their own thing for purely practical purposes. Which is why until today you can setup any kind of fantasy "church" and that is ok by Protestant standards. That's why they were persecuted, because they made a joke out of Christianity.

This is what got us the Mormons, Jehovah Witnesses and countless others. Those people would have been excommunicated by the Catholic Church because what they say is not true, it's a made up invention and it's misleading people. But for the Protestants it was okay, everyone is free to make up his own stuff as they go. Technically, it is called a heresy.

But the Catholic Church had decayed and became corrupt. Since it was a kind of justified reaction against corruption, Protestantism attracted the most honest people and also the practical people who liked its simplicity and independence from the religious institutions. But spiritually it is definitely an inferior (and basically invalid) theology.

Bittereinder
Tuesday, January 15th, 2019, 01:41 PM
I think you are marking with the fault AE, the RCC paganised Christianity not the other way around as many would postulate. The "ritual's" you are referring to is in noways linked to Christ or the Bible in fact in Matthew 6:7 you will find "But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they. shall be heard for their much speaking.". Saint Peter was in truth non other than Simon Magus a babylonian mystic. The Mitre, the wafer, Christmas, all of it is pagan in its origin. It is Tamuz and Ashtaroth that is being celebrated and by connection Nimrod (Yea the guy from the tower of Babel) but you call them Jesus and Merry.

The word catholic (with lowercase c; derived via Late Latin catholicus, from the Greek adjective καθολικός (katholikos), meaning "universal")[1][2] comes from the Greek phrase καθόλου (katholou), meaning "on the whole", "according to the whole" or "in general", and is a combination of the Greek words κατά meaning "about" and ὅλος meaning "whole".[3][4] The term Catholic (usually written with uppercase C in English) was first used to describe the Christian Church in the early 2nd century to emphasize its universal scope.

"And the whole world wondered after the beast" - Revelation 13:3

It is clear that the God of the Bible is an exclusionary God and the mere idea of universalism is repugnant in that context. So I would postulate that the group-think/herd mentality that the Universal church espouses is to quote yourself: "definitely an inferior (and basically invalid) theology". The RCC is a thinly veiled babylonian sun cult nothing less nothing more...

I would say that neither yourself or anyone else can deviate from what is Biblical at will, It is another "gott" whom is being served, the Christ is not in that theology that is being held up by yourself. Everyone is free to worship whom they please, at the very least use their proper names...

Acts 8:9-24 King James Version (KJV)

9 But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one:

10 To whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the great power of God.

11 And to him they had regard, because that of long time he had bewitched them with sorceries.

12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.

14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:

15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:

16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)

17 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,

19 Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.

20 But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.

21 Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.

22 Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.

23 For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.

24 Then answered Simon, and said, Pray ye to the Lord for me, that none of these things which ye have spoken come upon me.

This quote should stroke well with the NS inclined: 1 Corinthians 11 -

"14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering."

The RCC made sure that Bibles which they where brazen enough to butchered into its current form where in Latin only and that they where kept chained to a place where only the sanctioned version could be propagated by a trained parrot. Thank you Herr Gutenberg! No one on this plane fears the contents of this Book like the Roman Church. It is meant to be read like a book, cover to cover for it to make sense. That is the reason why there are so many denominations, no one reads the whole Book.

SaxonPagan
Tuesday, January 15th, 2019, 02:12 PM
The Catholic Church in its heyday enjoyed nothing more than a nice massacre :)

I wrote here (https://forums.skadi.net/threads/185247-Today-s-Islam-or-13th-Century-Europe?highlight=cathares) about the extermination of the Cathares, which started the Inquisition, and now here they are again slaughtering the Huguenots three centuries later. I’m sure the usual apologists will claim it’s all been grossly exaggerated but there’s definitely a pattern ;) I wonder if I should do a new thread about 16th century Europe? Perhaps not, because the fact is that just about every century was horrible under the oppressive rule of the Church.

Personally, I’ve never quite grasped why human beings want to eradicate all those who think differently to themselves. I can understand wars to acquire territory or plunder (..because greed is an inherent part of human nature – I don’t condone it but it will always exist) but what do you actually gain by imposing your own religion on everybody else? :shrug It wouldn’t be so bad if these über-religious retards didn’t all babble on about their ‘loving God’ and whatnot :oanieyes ... and then the next thing they’re doing battle against another lot who think that God is on their side as well - it’s really too daft for words! :doh

I think Europe would be in a far better position to confront such dangers as Radical Islam today had we not spent the past millennium wiping out fellow Christians who just happened to have a different interpretation of a fictional book called the Bible. Sadly, you can’t get back all of those lives lost in such conflicts as the Thirty Years' War and other demographic disasters, so when Christians start lamenting today’s falling birth rates I tend to just ignore them, given their suicidal self-culling policy over such a prolonged period.

Bittereinder
Tuesday, January 15th, 2019, 02:35 PM
It wouldn’t be so bad if these über-religious retards didn’t all babble on about their ‘loving God’ and whatnot :oanieyes and then the next thing they’re doing battle against another lot who think that God is on their side as well ... it’s really too daft for words! :doh

I agree wholeheartedly, the God I am refering to is the one Whom destroy's cities and nations.

Bittereinder
Sunday, January 20th, 2019, 07:10 AM
https://forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=114269

What the f#ck is this???

schwab
Sunday, January 20th, 2019, 06:03 PM
It's called perversion