View Full Version : Most Americans Don't Know Putin

Tryggvi
Sunday, September 19th, 2004, 01:14 PM
http://forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=20663&stc=1
Vladimir Putin / Photo: Vyacheslav Kochetkov, Moscow News Picture Agency

Most Americans Have No Opinion of Putin — Poll

Created: 05.08.2004 16:33 MSK (GMT +3), Updated: 10:34 MSK

MosNews

Only 20 per cent of Americans feel positively about Russian President Vladimir Putin, according to the results of a nationwide Harris Poll of 2,242 adults surveyed online by Harris Interactive between July 12 and 16, 2004.

Russian leader holds but the fifth place in the rating, outstripped by Tony Blair, the most popular foreign politician in the US, President George W. Bush of the United States, Pope John Paul II Secretary General Kofi Annan, of the United Nations Prime Minister Junichiro Kozumi of Japan.

Only 2 per cent feel very positively about Putin, 19 per cent — somewhat positively, while as many as 57 per cent gave no opinion, positive or negative, of Mr.Putin, just as of several other world leaders little known in America. In addition to Putin, those are Silvio Berlusconi (73%), Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Kozumi (70%), Spanish Prime Minister Luis Rodriguez Zapatero (66%), Germany Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder (62%).

7 per cent said they feel very negatively about the Russian leader, while 16 per cent said their opinion was somewhat negative, and 23 per cent said it was negative.

French President Jacques Chirac is the most hated politician, with 44 per cent of respondents expressing negative opinion about him, more than about any other foreign leader, and only 14% feel positively toward him.

Preuße
Sunday, September 19th, 2004, 02:49 PM
I am not really surprised. Many Americans believe, that Adolf Hitler is still Chancellor in Germany and that sun circuits round of the earth. Apart from the fact, that American geography looks like that: Pentagon invades a country, and American population realizes that this country exists and after several month of war and occupation they will even know, where this country is situated. In some American school (I think Kansas, am I right?) children learn, that creationism like it is told in Bible is right and Darwinism is wrong. Probably they also school, that sun circuits round of the earth, which is a plate…

America is the only example, for the direct transverse from barbarity to decadence. Somehow conditions there remind me more and to conditions in ancient Rome, just before it collapsed.

rusalka
Sunday, September 19th, 2004, 06:48 PM
In some American school (I think Kansas, am I right?) children learn, that creationism like it is told in Bible is right and Darwinism is wrong. Probably they also school, that sun circuits round of the earth, which is a plate…

Oh, please! Everyone knows that the earth is a flat disk rested on the backs of four elephants which are in turn standing on the back of the giant space Turtle, the great A'Tuin!

For your information, the elephants are named Great T'phon, Tubul, Berilia, and Jerakeen. :D

Stríbog
Sunday, September 19th, 2004, 07:48 PM
outstripped by Tony Blair, the most popular foreign politician in the US

This says everything. The idiot American is still enamored of the blood-drenched, morally bankrupt Anglo-Saxon who preaches platitudes about "human rights" while waging imperialist war and spilling blood for profit. 100 years ago it was diamonds in South Africa; now it is oil in the Middle East.
Of course, the perfidious WASP elite American "leadership" has cooperated with Jewish interests for almost this entire century. It makes little difference which side of the Atlantic they are on.

The true Axis of Evil is New York-Washington-London-Tel Aviv and has been for a long time.

French President Jacques Chirac is the most hated politician, with 44 per cent of respondents expressing negative opinion about him, more than about any other foreign leader, and only 14% feel positively toward him.

Hey! This is Amurikuh! We doan' lahk them cheese-eatin' surrender monkeys! If you doan' lahk the War on Terror then you kin giyit out! Reckon ah'm gonna git me a big plate o' Freedom Frahs!

Evolved
Monday, September 20th, 2004, 01:25 AM
The only thing I know about him is he looks like that little creature in the Harry Potter movie. :D

Seriously, nobody in the US knows anything about what goes on in Russia because it never gets in the newspapers (besides terrorism) or on TV. Most people think it is still USSR. :)

JoeDas
Monday, September 20th, 2004, 06:46 AM
I am not really surprised. Many Americans believe, that Adolf Hitler is still Chancellor in Germany and that sun circuits round of the earth. Apart from the fact, that American geography looks like that: Pentagon invades a country, and American population realizes that this country exists and after several month of war and occupation they will even know, where this country is situated. In some American school (I think Kansas, am I right?) children learn, that creationism like it is told in Bible is right and Darwinism is wrong. Probably they also school, that sun circuits round of the earth, which is a plate…

America is the only example, for the direct transverse from barbarity to decadence. Somehow conditions there remind me more and to conditions in ancient Rome, just before it collapsed. You know absolutely nothing about America. Every single point you make is false

outlaw
Monday, September 20th, 2004, 06:47 AM
A Negro for the Jews...Uncle Tom goes east...!

Aistulf
Monday, September 20th, 2004, 09:41 AM
This says everything. The idiot American is still enamored of the blood-drenched, morally bankrupt Anglo-Saxon who preaches platitudes about "human rights" while waging imperialist war and spilling blood for profit. 100 years ago it was diamonds in South Africa; now it is oil in the Middle East.
Of course, the perfidious WASP elite American "leadership" has cooperated with Jewish interests for almost this entire century. It makes little difference which side of the Atlantic they are on.

The true Axis of Evil is New York-Washington-London-Tel Aviv and has been for a long time.Excellent points! The WASP establishment is a great enemy of white man aswell.

Hey! This is Amurikuh! We doan' lahk them cheese-eatin' surrender monkeys! If you doan' lahk the War on Terror then you kin giyit out! Reckon ah'm gonna git me a big plate o' Freedom Frahs!Hahahahahaha!! :D

The Blond Beast
Monday, September 20th, 2004, 09:43 AM
Oh, please! Everyone knows that the earth is a flat disk rested on the backs of four elephants which are in turn standing on the back of the giant space Turtle, the great A'Tuin!

I remember reading in a book on physics about a physicist asking an old lady about her (inveterate) opinion that everything on the planet sits atop a giant turtle.

Physicist: "Well, what does the turtle itself sit atop?"

Old Lady: "My darling, it's turtles all the way down!"

:lol

The Blond Beast
Monday, September 20th, 2004, 09:51 AM
Pentagon invades a country, and American population realizes that this country exists and after several month of war and occupation they will even know, where this country is situated.

You're giving Americans too much credit. Even a full year after the invasion, 83 percent of Americans surveyed between the ages of 18 and 24 still could not locate Afghanistan.

Hell, 9 percent of Americans between the ages of 18 and 24 couldn't even find their own country on a map.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/EDUCATION/11/20/geography.quiz/index.html

Ultimately, you should not be surprised with overt American stupidity, as only in America can you find the necessary number of vacuous people to turn something as risible as Mormonism into an established religion. :D

Preuße
Monday, September 20th, 2004, 11:36 AM
In Europe, we put this religious infatuates on stake and had no religious madmen anymore, until Jehova´s witnesses, Mormons and Scientologist brought their nonsense to Europe, perhaps it is time to burn them again… ;)

It is a pity, that medieval massacre survivors vanished to America, got more peculiar religious conclusions and many Americans really believe that they were Gods own country. :D

Stríbog
Monday, September 20th, 2004, 01:56 PM
many Americans really believe that they were Gods own country. :D

And many more believe that Israel is God's own country. :P

Abby Normal
Monday, September 20th, 2004, 03:10 PM
Most people think it is still USSR. :)No! Our Lord and Messiah, Ronald Reagan, liberated them from the chains of an Evil Empire! Praise be to Reagan!;)

I am very much pro-Putin, and I am happy to see that my opinion is shared by only 2% of my countrymen (it's good to be in the political minority in America).

Preuße
Monday, September 20th, 2004, 03:31 PM
And many more believe that Israel is God's own country. :P
Stupidity does not know borders and sometimes it is cognated and goes hand in hand ;)