PDA

View Full Version : More Or Less Nordic?

Hagalaz
Sunday, September 5th, 2004, 12:20 AM
I just have a few questions I'd like answered. 1. Does the brightness of blonde hair make someone more or less Nordic or does it work as they have it or they don't. 2. Are pure green eyes just as Nordic as blue eyes. If not why? And what causes green eyes to begin with?

Hagalaz
Sunday, September 5th, 2004, 08:41 PM
Nobody?

Siegfried
Sunday, September 5th, 2004, 09:34 PM
1. Does the brightness of blonde hair make someone more or less Nordic or does it work as they have it or they don't.

No, not really; as an isolated feature, pigmentation is not reliable in assessing race. You have to take other features into account as well.

2. Are pure green eyes just as Nordic as blue eyes. If not why? And what causes green eyes to begin with?

Not sure, but green eyes can also be found in various nonEuropean populations.

Hagalaz
Sunday, September 5th, 2004, 11:28 PM
Many "non european" countries have Indo European ancestry

Johannes de León
Sunday, September 5th, 2004, 11:34 PM
2. Are pure green eyes just as Nordic as blue eyes. If not why? And what causes green eyes to begin with? About your question you may find some interesting articles posted by Euclides concerning that.

Just check the Genetics & Human Microbiology Forum (forumdisplay.php?f=88) and search for it.

ogenoct
Monday, September 6th, 2004, 11:20 PM
No, not really; as an isolated feature, pigmentation is not reliable in assessing race. You have to take other features into account as well.
I read that the skeletal structure is an important feature of racial distinction.

Constantin