PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever..

Evolved
Saturday, August 21st, 2004, 01:32 PM
..had a crush on someone who you dislike in many ways, and who by all accounts totally hates you?

Evolved
Saturday, August 21st, 2004, 01:36 PM
..and this is almost totally non-sexual, but overwhelmingly/primarily psychological, and not even explicable by conventional logic.

Evolved
Saturday, August 21st, 2004, 01:42 PM
Sir Psycho Sex ~ Red Hot Chili Peppers

A long, long, long, long time ago
Before the wind before the snow
Lived a man, lived a man I know
Lived a freak of nature named Sir Psycho

Sir Psycho sexy that is me
Sometimes I find I need to scream

He's a freak of nature
But we love him so
He's a freak of nature
But we let him go

... (http://www.lyricsfreak.com/r/red-hot-chili-peppers/114711.html)

Sigrun Christianson
Saturday, August 21st, 2004, 03:55 PM
Sounds familiar.

Triglav
Thursday, August 26th, 2004, 03:33 PM
No (at least not yet). This is more of a female thing.

Triglav
Thursday, August 26th, 2004, 03:34 PM
..and this is almost totally non-sexual, but overwhelmingly/primarily psychological, and not even explicable by conventional logic.

Infatuation/attraction defies logic. After all we're animals, for devil's sake...

Dr. Solar Wolff
Friday, August 27th, 2004, 06:30 AM
Men stop "hating" as soon as the hormones kick in.

Evolved
Friday, August 27th, 2004, 08:51 AM
When I was in junior high I really liked this guy. His name was Trevor, he was of Dutch ancestry. He was always mean to me. He kicked my ankles in the lunch line. Me and my guy friends had built a snow fort, and we had a snowball fight. Trevor threw an ice ball right at my head giving me a black eye. I was afraid of his cruel nature and at the same time mystified by his strong presence. That is not the only time I have been smitten with a complete jerk, but it is the most memorable.

Mac Seafraidh
Friday, August 27th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Yes I have, . . . but the past hurts and you cannot go back. Even though I say this I still sit an obsess about it. Shyness kept me away from girls a lot as well and I think that is what girls were not yearning for.:~(

Newgrange
Friday, August 27th, 2004, 03:09 PM
I Can Dream, Can't I
As we eye the blue horizon's bend,
Earth and sky appear to meet and end.
But it's merely an illusion.
Like your heart and mine,
There is no sweet conclusion

I can see,
No matter how near you'll be,
You'll never belong to me.
But I can dream, Can't I?
Can't I pretend
that I'm locked in the bend of your embrace?
For dreams are just like wine,
And I am drunk with mine

I'm aware my heart is a sad affair.
There's much disillusion there,
But I can dream, Can't I

Can't I adore you although we are oceans apart?
I can't make you open your heart,
But I can dream, Can't I

Vlad Cletus
Friday, August 27th, 2004, 03:22 PM
I have had a similar case. A girl has felt this way towards me, she was always playing tricks on me, but, I think she actually had some kind of feeling for me deep down. That was 7 years ago. I didn't like her that much, but, as of the present, I find her attractive. I'm too shy for some of these initiations and just too ashamed.

How feelings can change.

Julius
Friday, August 27th, 2004, 05:44 PM
It's very common. I think it stems from bad confidence and insecurity with the other sex. When guys are young many of us only know one non-geeky way to show our interest in girls - light violence and teasing. :D But sometimes it gets out of hand, and you start feeling both love and hate for a person.

In my school, most of us did these sorts of things all the time. I remember in Summer when girls absolutely loved being chased by boys throwing water balloons and buckets of water at the them. In winter we picked up girls and carried them out to the schoolyard and threw them into the snow. While they screamed and damned us, they soon laughed and came back all the time. The girls loved getting the attention. But one doesn't expect things to hurt before it's too late. I once was accused of throwing "karate kicks" when playing football with friends, and one girl went to the teacher and accused us of bullying her.

It doesn't always work the other way around. When girls do it on boys, they feel uncomfortable. At one time this beautiful girl, who I recognised but never had spoken to, went up to me and stuffed my face with snow. I was totally shocked, my friend started laughing and I went away feeling very embarrassed for letting a girl do that to me. I really wondered why the hell she did that for. I soon found out why. :birds

I also know that being the most loud-mouthed arrogant kid in class can make you the most popular kid. I found it annoying when girls started calling me after school, since I didn't dare to say nice things to them. :ccolor

Of course, this was many years ago. I'm a grown up man now. :D ;)

Vestmannr
Friday, August 27th, 2004, 05:55 PM

No, I've only ever had sexual attraction to someone who hated me and that I found annoying.

Spartacus74
Monday, August 30th, 2004, 11:00 AM
yes but it was for some who was different by me, and it was very intellectual,but not including negative feelings,just dfferent.

it's quite common when there is a young mentality to have interest for some who is usually is disliking you or some who contrast you,is the dialectic mentality.

Esther_Helena
Monday, August 30th, 2004, 01:22 PM
nope. Although, when I was four and in preschool, I punched a boy in the stomach, and then he went around calling me his girlfriend. I don't remember it, it's something my mom told me about.