PDA

View Full Version : Where Do the Best Looking Men Come From?

aus_princess
Sunday, August 8th, 2004, 07:43 PM
ok ladies now its our turn...

umm id have to say Sweden :)

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, August 8th, 2004, 07:51 PM
Scandinavian countries (Iceland, Norway, Denmark, Sweden).

EDIT:
Magnus Samuelsson, the perfect example.

Stríbog
Sunday, August 8th, 2004, 07:59 PM
The best-looking men combine the grace and elegance of the Nordic with the power and strength of a more robust type like Borreby or Baltid. :D I nominate all countries on the Baltic, excepting a few small areas with noticeable Lappish influence.

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, August 8th, 2004, 08:05 PM
Although not my first choice, I'd also like to mention Western Russian, Poland, Estonia and Latvia.

Ireland ain't too bad either.

Tricknologist
Monday, August 9th, 2004, 01:31 AM
Where do the best looking men come from??
Do you ladies need driving directions ? :D

Northern Paladin
Monday, August 9th, 2004, 04:19 AM
The same places where the best looking Ladies come from of course! Attractive women produce attractive men. Scandanaivia by far has the most attractive people on average.

rusalka
Monday, August 9th, 2004, 05:03 AM
I haven't had the luck of meeting men of every single country and region but from personal experience (and watching a lot of international movies :D ) I would have to say Wales, Serbia, Ireland, Greece, France, Spain (though I've only been to Barcelona and Costa Brava) and most Slavic countries such as Russia and Poland.

Freja
Monday, August 9th, 2004, 07:45 AM
The same places where the best looking Ladies come from of course! Attractive women produce attractive men. Scandanaivia by far has the most attractive people on average.
Hear, hear! The height and blondness of a true nordic man - unbeatable. :D

TisaAnne
Monday, August 9th, 2004, 08:43 AM
Germany.

Northern Paladin
Monday, August 9th, 2004, 09:17 AM
Germany.

If the Top Nazis were examples of the best Germany had to offer than definetly no. :D :P

Mistress Klaus
Monday, August 9th, 2004, 12:47 PM
Let's see some pictures of good looking men. :D

Mistress Klaus
Monday, August 9th, 2004, 04:36 PM
I still love my mad Russian/Finnish blooded boyfriend. :D

Angelcynn Beorn
Tuesday, August 10th, 2004, 04:44 AM
England obviously.... ;)

George
Tuesday, August 10th, 2004, 02:37 PM
There is no need for such remark. Consider yourself warned.
~ Johannes de León

aus_princess
Tuesday, August 10th, 2004, 02:51 PM
well if the men can have a say then so can we.
and it is not slutty for a woman to have an opinion of her fellow countrymen.
your just upset cas noone would nominate you....
dont worry, im sure your not as bad as they say...

Prussian
Tuesday, August 10th, 2004, 03:11 PM
This thread is slutty, it should have been in the women's section. :|
A thread based simply on the opinion of what women find personally attractive in regards to the opposite gender is hardly slutty, rather it is biological fact.

Based on your theory I would assume the fact the other thread on this forum with regards to the male genders opinions must be something like chauvinism or something of the like now?

Prussian
Tuesday, August 10th, 2004, 03:12 PM
well if the men can have a say then so can we.
and it is not slutty for a woman to have an opinion of her fellow countrymen.
your just upset cas noone would nominate you....
dont worry, im sure your not as bad as they say...
Agreed and never mind the bollocks

aus_princess
Tuesday, August 10th, 2004, 04:35 PM
ANYWAY back to the thread.
this is my friend from North Germany, hes a true NS,
and scary looking,
blonde and blue eyes, i love it. :)

Prussian
Tuesday, August 10th, 2004, 07:02 PM
I still love my mad Russian/Finnish blooded boyfriend. :D
Judging by the expression on his face in the first pic he seems to be quite a character.:D

Abby Normal
Wednesday, August 11th, 2004, 02:42 PM
Argentina! Here is a fine example (http://www.cheaten.co.uk/upload/JOE1.jpg), if I do say so myself. Also Asia, the Middle East and all over Europe; hey, I just realized that I'm not terribly picky.

rusalka
Wednesday, August 11th, 2004, 03:41 PM
Argentina! Here is a fine example (http://www.cheaten.co.uk/upload/JOE1.jpg), if I do say so myself. Also Asia, the Middle East and all over Europe; hey, I just realized that I'm not terribly picky.True, I met some remarkably good looking people who were from Argentina but then they were all "Italian". I understand that the majority of people in Argentina have Italian or Spanish heritage. I know that there are Germans there, too (must be those evil Nazis :P ).

I will also add Uruguay to this list. I don't know where the majority of Uruguay's immigration has been from but there's some choice material going on there. ;)

Phlegethon
Wednesday, August 11th, 2004, 11:46 PM
I just realized that I'm not terribly picky.
Come on, you can't be that ugly. ;)

Let Skadi Ju87 introduce you to the wonders of mortician make-up. ;)

Evolved
Thursday, August 12th, 2004, 12:13 AM
Hungary
Saapmi
Northern & Central European Russia
Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia
Idel-Ural, Russian Federation
Former Yugoslavia
East Germany

Abby Normal
Thursday, August 12th, 2004, 03:36 AM
True, I met some remarkably good looking people who were from Argentina but then they were all "Italian". I understand that the majority of people in Argentina have Italian or Spanish heritage. I know that there are Germans there, too (must be those evil Nazis :P ).

I will also add Uruguay to this list. I don't know where the majority of Uruguay's immigration has been from but there's some choice material going on there. ;)My former boyfriend (in the picture) was part Spanish, French and 'Mestizo', although he told me there were also lots of Germans, Poles and Italians in Argentina. I know only two Uruguayans from school; they are both of Spanish origin, but I would assume the ethnic situation there is probably similar to that in Argentina.:)

Come on, you can't be that ugly. ;)

Let Skadi Ju87 introduce you to the wonders of mortician make-up. ;)Nah, I already make use of Isis's makeup; then again, I'd like to try the mortuary look for a big night out- of my coffin.;)

Seriously: it is not that I am non-choosy about appearance in general, but about ethnicity. Though I do tend to prefer some ethnic 'looks' over others (for example, I have never been attracted to black men and I suppose I never will be), I realize that every ethnic group has its share of good-looking people as well as its share of hideous people; it is not as if everyone from a given country looks exactly the same or even similar. Those who claim to be attracted only to Scandinavian men or only to Mediterranean women are fooling themselves! I for one most often look first at individual traits rather than country of origin.

rusalka
Thursday, August 12th, 2004, 03:49 AM
My former boyfriend (in the picture) was part Spanish, French and 'Mestizo', although he told me there were also lots of Germans, Poles and Italians in Argentina. I know only two Uruguayans from school; they are both of Spanish origin, but I would assume the ethnic situation there is probably similar to that of Argentina.:)
Yeah, as far as I know Uruguay and Argentina are pretty much similar ethnicity-wise. Argentina has a slightly larger white population though, something like 95% to Uruguay's 77% -or around these figures.

Uruguay is a small country on the southeastern coast of South America. Most Uruguayans descended from Spanish and Italian settlers. Indians were the original inhabitants of the region, but most of them were killed by the settlers or the diseases brought by the Europeans.

Argentina, unlike most Latin American nations, has a population that is principally of European descent, especially of Italian and Spanish origin. The mestizo portion of Argentina's population is very small, except in the northwest, because there has been little mixture between European and indigenous peoples. The native population, which has steadily declined since the coming of the Europeans, who decimated its ranks and its culture, is still strong only in parts of the Gran Chaco and the Andean highlands. Italian, Spanish (including Basque), French, German, British, Swiss, and East European immigrants came to Argentina during the 1880s; other large in-migrations of Europeans occurred in the 1930s and following World War II. There has also been some in-migration of Chileans, Bolivians, and Paraguayans.

I don't know where your ex got the Mestizo mixture from, perchance he made it up, considering your Asian sensibilities? ;)

rusalka
Thursday, August 12th, 2004, 03:53 AM
it is not that I am non-choosy about appearance in general, but about ethnicity. Ring the alarms! Get the girl! You race trader! :giggle

Doesn't she deserve a spanking, Phleg? ;)

Phlegethon
Thursday, August 12th, 2004, 03:56 AM
More spankings than I could possibly administer! ;)

rusalka
Thursday, August 12th, 2004, 03:57 AM
More spankings than I could possibly administer! ;)
As long as I get to be the first. ;)

Phlegethon
Thursday, August 12th, 2004, 04:00 AM
Flirting with danger again?

rusalka
Thursday, August 12th, 2004, 04:11 AM
Flirting with danger again?
Ha! Always. I'm a noble savage (http://etext.library.adelaide.edu.au/l/l61h/chapter5.html) and you know it! ;)

Phlegethon
Thursday, August 12th, 2004, 04:17 AM
You'll get a noble ravage then. ;)

Abby Normal
Thursday, August 12th, 2004, 04:18 AM
I don't know where your ex got the Mestizo mixture from, perchance he made it up, considering your Asian sensibilities? ;)Nah, I could definitely see it in his features. I have 'racedar', like some people have 'gaydar'.;) I could post pictures of him for 'classification', but he is dead now and I am sure he would not want his memory to live on through the derision of his racial traits, which would inevitably follow.

Abby Normal
Thursday, August 12th, 2004, 04:33 AM
Ring the alarms! Get the girl! You race trader! :giggle

Doesn't she deserve a spanking, Phleg? ;)True enough! I would gladly trade an oafish bum of my own race for an intelligent, compatible and attractive member of another. :)

Whether or not this warrants a spanking from Phlegethon is dependent upon whether he is in fact an oafish bum of my own race. ;)

rusalka
Thursday, August 12th, 2004, 04:44 AM
Whether or not this warrants a spanking from Phlegethon is dependent upon whether he is in fact an oafish bum of my own race. ;)
He's of the intellectual and genetically superior Nordic ubermensch quality so, no, don't worry. He'd outdo us both, given our questionable ancestry. ;)

rusalka
Thursday, August 12th, 2004, 04:45 AM
You'll get a noble ravage then. ;)
"Promises, promises" as a favorite of mine is so fond of saying -and his name starts with a P. ;)

Abby Normal
Thursday, August 12th, 2004, 04:59 AM
He's of the intellectual and genetically superior Nordic ubermensch quality so, no, don't worry. He'd outdo us both, given our questionable ancestry. ;)Depends on how you define 'superior'. I've met as many fat, dumb and ugly Nordic rednecks as I have successful African-American scientists (okay, bad example. Hey, did I just crack a racist joke? :-O :( ;) )

In all actuality, though, I see the two of us as racially superior to the Germanic savage namesake of the river that is the eternal home of the violent. :P (Aw, I'm on'y jus' joshin' you, Herr P.!)

rusalka
Thursday, August 12th, 2004, 05:46 AM
In all actuality, though, I see the two of us as racially superior to the Germanic savage namesake of the river that is the eternal home of the violent. :P
Well I know that, but he tends to get upset when I mention it. Spare an old man the heartbreak. ;)

Dr. Solar Wolff
Thursday, August 12th, 2004, 05:50 AM
I thank you for your concern Wolff and there is no wrong in getting involved and commenting on such a remark, but the truth is I was just making fun of myself just adding some light hearted humour to the fold.:)

You got me, but its OK.

Prussian
Thursday, August 12th, 2004, 08:06 PM
You got me, but its OK.
Yeah I got you:D , but again thanks for your concern mate:)

Phlegethon
Thursday, August 12th, 2004, 09:17 PM
I've met as many fat, dumb and ugly Nordic rednecks as I have successful African-American scientists
Fortunately I am just a fat and ugly Nordic whiteneck. ;)

Stríbog
Friday, August 13th, 2004, 12:56 AM
I've met as many fat, dumb and ugly Nordic rednecks as I have successful African-American scientists (okay, bad example. Hey, did I just crack a racist joke? :-O :( ;) )

I've met innumerable members of the former class, and a very select few of the latter. One that I can think of off the top of my head.

Vestmannr
Friday, August 13th, 2004, 01:28 AM
'Redneck' of course refers to a Calvinist properly (being a term from the Scottish and English Borders originally.) And, the term came from their ministers not wearing collars: hence the ruddiness of the exposed neck. So, 'Nordic Redneck' is an oxymoron. Only a UP could be a redneck ;)

As for where the best looking men come from ... I'd have to say England. England has this incredible diversity as well, as I've also seen some of the lowest specimens there. I guess I would say that they have the 'best looking men' because I consider the Anglo-Saxon type very ruggedly masculine. The Keltic Nordic and North Atlantids only just a bit further behind, and they could just as well be from England as from Ireland, Belgium, Germany, France, Scotland, etc.

Vestmannr
Friday, August 13th, 2004, 09:47 PM
Roinek was a pejorative naming given by Afrikaners to the English.

I'm sure they did, but the term's use in Britain and the USA is much older than English involvement in South Africa. 'Redneck' is a term often found from the late 17th/early 18th c. in American writing and is traced to a pejorative used for Covenanters in Scotland. Luckily, my people stayed Catholic and Episcopalian during those conflicts. 'Redneck' and 'Redshanks' are no doubt related terms?

Isn't Anglo-Saxon the type of people like the androgynous David Bowie?

Hmm, he doesn't seem androgynous by nature to me. But I suppose if one had an experience with the fairer sex as them being far more 'rugged' they might see David Bowie as leaning that direction. I was thinking more of other people - particularly not celebrities, but people I've met in England - esp. in East Anglia, Cambridgeshire, Lincoln, Yorkshire. I suppose someone like Donald Sutherland would be more a celebrity of the Anglo-Saxon type.

chamogirl
Monday, August 16th, 2004, 12:10 AM
Scandinavian countries (Iceland, Norway, Denmark, Sweden). I agree

EDIT:
Magnus Samuelsson, the perfect example.

Nordhammer
Tuesday, August 31st, 2004, 06:23 AM
Seriously: it is not that I am non-choosy about appearance in general, but about ethnicity. Though I do tend to prefer some ethnic 'looks' over others (for example, I have never been attracted to black men and I suppose I never will be), I realize that every ethnic group has its share of good-looking people as well as its share of hideous people; it is not as if everyone from a given country looks exactly the same or even similar.

Funny how even the most liberal women here, who enjoyably state how they like some hapas and would probably have sex with them, still won't cross the black line at all. Maybe they do secretly, but realize such a statement would definitely tarnish their reputation.

Nordhammer
Tuesday, August 31st, 2004, 06:28 AM
I would gladly trade an oafish bum of my own race for an intelligent, compatible and attractive member of another. :)

:-O :|

Evolved
Tuesday, August 31st, 2004, 06:53 AM
I forgot to mention Karelia and Komi Republic. Beautiful people. Basically the whole Finnic-Ugrian-Turanian-Uralic realm is packed with foxy studs, as the Ladogan Master Race prevails there. Excluded are Anatolians, Chechens and similar dark barbarous Armenoid types.

Nordhammer
Tuesday, August 31st, 2004, 07:06 AM
Poor Szacsi. :D

Evolved
Tuesday, August 31st, 2004, 07:41 AM
Szacsi is Turanian. :inlove

jdster
Tuesday, August 31st, 2004, 11:15 AM
My family, of course.... ;)

Libertad
Tuesday, September 28th, 2004, 12:14 PM
It's so relative.
I like swedish, danish (both football selection ;) ) italians, some english, germans, czechs....That's all I saw.
But never redhair men. A little golden would be.

But in Argentina there are so many beautiful creatures.
I can't show the best because here people (and friends of guys) think fashion model men are all gays...:~(

Hombres (men):
http://www.dottomodels.net/
http://www.rpmodelos.net/

No Code
Thursday, September 30th, 2004, 01:52 AM
Brasil of course!

rusalka
Thursday, September 30th, 2004, 04:03 AM
But in Argentina there are so many beautiful creatures.

Agreed. Let's all take a look at Christian Sancho. ;)

http://www.rpmodelos.net/img/hombres/sancho_christian/amplia/sancho_christian01.jpg

Wow.

Libertad
Monday, October 4th, 2004, 09:21 AM
Luciano Vazquez

http://www.rpmodelos.net/img/hombres/vazquez_luciano/amplia/vazquez_luciano01.jpg

http://www.rpmodelos.net/img/hombres/vazquez_luciano/amplia/vazquez_luciano04.jpg

Libertad
Monday, October 4th, 2004, 10:19 AM
Juan Diaz

http://www.dottomodels.net/fotos/679g.ampl

Libertad
Thursday, October 14th, 2004, 09:26 AM
Rusalka...;)

http://imagenes.uolsinectis.com.ar/i/1/6/5/27165_327x436V.jpg

http://imagenes.uolsinectis.com.ar/i/1/6/1/27161_327x436V.jpg

http://imagenes.uolsinectis.com.ar/i/1/7/2/27172_300x400V.jpg

http://imagenes.uolsinectis.com.ar/i/1/6/7/27167_327x436V.jpg
http://www.uol.com.ar/comun/multimedia/imagenes/multitalent.php?id=1312&m=f&i=5&t=default&p=1

Dr Josef Mengele
Thursday, August 4th, 2005, 01:55 PM
:thumbup :D :thumbup

Rhydderch
Saturday, August 6th, 2005, 03:47 AM
'Redneck' and 'Redshanks' are no doubt related terms?Related in the sense that they both refer to weathered skin. As far as I know, 'redshank' was a term for the kilt-wearing Scottish Highlanders, whose lower leg was, of course, exposed to the weather.

Scholar
Sunday, August 7th, 2005, 02:37 AM
I don't really think there's a right answer for this one. Generally, a person would be most attracted to another with a similiar subrace, or whomever they were surrounded by at youth. Proximity is a major factor of attractiveness, and in places where more than one subrace live together (like in America) things can be more complex. Irish marry Italians, Greeks marry Poles, etc... The Irish married the Italians because they lived and grew up in similiar parts of Boston for example. Greeks have married Poles because both groups immigrated to the same areas (Peabody... don't ask:thumbdown ). But in general, Germans are attracted to Germans, Italians with Italians, Chinese with Chinese, etc... Something I've noticed in the US, the majority of women prefer men with dark hair, not blonde hair. Even the natural blondes prefer dark haired men. Anyone have a guess why?

Jack
Sunday, August 7th, 2005, 02:45 AM
I don't really think there's a right answer for this one. Generally, a person would be most attracted to another with a similiar subrace, or whomever they were surrounded by at youth. Proximity is a major factor of attractiveness, and in places where more than one subrace live together (like in America) things can be more complex. Irish marry Italians, Greeks marry Poles, etc... The Irish married the Italians because they lived and grew up in similiar parts of Boston for example. Greeks have married Poles because both groups immigrated to the same areas (Peabody... don't ask:thumbdown ). But in general, Germans are attracted to Germans, Italians with Italians, Chinese with Chinese, etc... Something I've noticed in the US, the majority of women prefer men with dark hair, not blonde hair. Even the natural blondes prefer dark haired men. Anyone have a guess why?
It had more to do with religion than just living in the same area. Italians and Irish were both Roman Catholics. Religion still meant something in the US a hundred years or so ago, and hostility between Catholics and WASPs had its effect.

Akerbeltz
Sunday, August 7th, 2005, 08:03 PM
Euskal Herria definitely. :D

JJ Diamond
Monday, August 8th, 2005, 03:46 AM
Germany and Hungary take a look at my profile thats were my familys are from:) :) :)

Akerbeltz
Tuesday, August 9th, 2005, 05:39 AM
Hungary
Saapmi
Northern & Central European Russia
Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia
Idel-Ural, Russian Federation
Former Yugoslavia
East Germanyhmmm do u like this symbol by any chance? just wonder:D

Glenlivet
Tuesday, August 9th, 2005, 09:59 PM
Our mother's characteristics leave a great impression on our minds. We are attracted to her features.

Maybe girls try (unconsciously) to find someone more like their dad.

"The latest studies indicate that what people really, really want is a mate that looks like their parents. Women are after a man who is like their father and men want to be able to see their own mother in the woman of their dreams."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/hottopics/love/attraction.shtml

We are not addressing the issue of what may go against our nature. Liberalism and Socialism, especially in combination, often lead to political correctness and a society where whatever exotic is preferable.

I don't really think there's a right answer for this one. Generally, a person would be most attracted to another with a similiar subrace, or whomever they were surrounded by at youth.

Glenlivet
Tuesday, August 9th, 2005, 11:23 PM
Computer Graphic Studies of the Role of Facial Similarity in Judgements of Attractiveness

I.S. Penton-Voak,D.I. Perrett and J.W.Peirce
School of Psychology, University of St. Andrews

http://www.psychology.nottingham.ac.uk/research/vision/jwp/papers/pentonvoak1999.pdf

Thusnelda
Monday, August 15th, 2005, 02:56 AM
As I said in an other thread: Skandinavia, Germany and Belgium...;) Austria and Switzland, too.

Scholar
Monday, August 15th, 2005, 03:48 AM
I'd actually never comment on this topic. I personally think this is a lady's thread. Just my opinion ;)

GreenHeart
Wednesday, September 28th, 2005, 08:10 PM
Germany, Czechoslovakia, Austria and Scandinavia. The british isles men are not bad either.

And probably anywhere else that has Nordic/UP men.

GreenHeart
Wednesday, September 28th, 2005, 08:31 PM
I don't really think there's a right answer for this one. Generally, a person would be most attracted to another with a similiar subrace, or whomever they were surrounded by at youth. Proximity is a major factor of attractiveness, and in places where more than one subrace live together (like in America) things can be more complex. Irish marry Italians, Greeks marry Poles, etc... The Irish married the Italians because they lived and grew up in similiar parts of Boston for example. Greeks have married Poles because both groups immigrated to the same areas (Peabody... don't ask:thumbdown ). But in general, Germans are attracted to Germans, Italians with Italians, Chinese with Chinese, etc... Something I've noticed in the US, the majority of women prefer men with dark hair, not blonde hair. Even the natural blondes prefer dark haired men. Anyone have a guess why?\

Because the dark haired men are the heroes in movies and the blond haired men are evil in movies. I myself really only find blond haired men attractive, or at darkest light brown, but the general complexion needs to be fair. Blue or green eyes and fair ruddy skin with sparse eyebrows.
I like my men evil ;)