PDA

View Full Version : Are Tattoos Aesthetical? What is Your Opinion?

Pages : [1] 2 3

TisaAnne
Monday, May 24th, 2004, 10:13 AM
Do you find that tattoos, whether it's just a little butterfly or full-blown sleeves, to be attractive or utterly skankish? If you do find them to be appealing, when does it start to become too much? Or, if you find them repulsive, tell us why. :D

Evolved
Monday, May 24th, 2004, 10:49 AM
Generally speaking, I think tattoos also look trashy on males but especially females. Unlike something like natural-looking makeup, a nice hairstyle, figure flattering clothes - tattoos do not enhance a woman's beauty at all, they just detract from it.

I think that is why I see a lot of very ugly and fat girls have their bodies plastered with tattoos, multiple body piercings, and wear weird hairstyles. They figure "If I can't draw attention to myself by being attractive I might as well try and be interesting." This is also similar to the logic of obese women who wear slutty clothes.

Tattoos are a very conventional and now boring way for people to showcase their personality and individuality without any effort on their part. When I see someone trying too hard to create a bizarre appearance, I think they are obsessed with presenting themselves in an extreme way and likely don't have much to offer as far as their personality is concerned.

But if you mean girly girls with butterflies tattooed on their ankles - it is played out, boring and conventional. A big yawn. :yawn

Marius
Monday, May 24th, 2004, 10:51 AM
Sorry, it's me who I said no.

I cannot say I have a very well-formed and motivated opinion on why I am against tattoos on women. Well, if you really like to know my opinion is that I find it too provocative for others or at least, if it is on "hidden" parts of th body, then I am a bit jealous on the guy who did the tattoo, especially if it would be the case for my girlfriend.

Thorburn
Monday, May 24th, 2004, 11:08 AM
Some feminine tattoos can add to attraction, but in general less is more.

Awar
Monday, May 24th, 2004, 11:12 AM
Women look good without tattoos. It's really a fad that's outstayed it's welcome, and I really feel a bit disappointed when I see some pretty girl with a tattoo.
It's like the statement of that tattoo is: "look at me, I'm an attention whore!", "I succumb to every fad there is!"...

Marius
Monday, May 24th, 2004, 11:52 AM
Aren't you too tough on tattooed women, Awar? :)

Phill
Monday, May 24th, 2004, 11:56 AM
I said "Not - Women look good enough without drawings all over their body," because... well, first off, it's true. Secondly, I highly dislike the more common ones, such as butterflies in any place, and also ones near the lower back that show off along with their newest g-string.

EDIT: But don't think I'm too extremist here. I just don't like how everyone my age is like, "Let's go get a tattoo! It's so cool!" but when they're presented with the idea of whether they want it anymore or not, they're just like, "Oh, i can just get it removed later!"

Why even bother then? :P

Dragoner
Monday, May 24th, 2004, 01:59 PM
If the tatoo looks nice and size the carrier i like it. But 1 tatoo on the upper arm is normally enough. If a women have too much tatoos i think it is too manhishly.

I have voted for 1

Zyklop
Monday, May 24th, 2004, 03:19 PM
Voted three. Usually it´s either a tribal above the ass or a rose (butterfly, dolphin) on the shoulder. The big drama begins when a girl discovers her unique image is also tattooed on every third girl on the beach or in the disco. It´s like wearing the same dresses - for a lifetime. :D

An ugly sight are girls who ignored the possibility of later pregnancy and got their stomaches tattooed. Stretch marks across a tattoo aren´t that pretty :)

Awar
Monday, May 24th, 2004, 03:28 PM
An ugly sight are girls who ignored the possibility of later pregnancy and got their stomaches tattooed. Stretch marks across a tattoo aren´t that pretty :)

Two of my female colleagues had tattoos done on their stomach, and both got pregnant soon... after the pregnancy, the tattoo that represented two thunders turned into a tattoo of two breads.

( btw. makes you wonder if those tattoos improved their fertility :D )

Zyklop
Monday, May 24th, 2004, 03:33 PM
How does a tattooed thunder look? :D

Awar
Monday, May 24th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Like a lightning :P

( the stylized sort of thunder, sort of like SS ;))

Phlegethon
Monday, May 24th, 2004, 04:01 PM
You have weird colleagues.
Normally such a tattoo should automatically come with a free sterilization.

Awar
Monday, May 24th, 2004, 04:03 PM
Artists, painters, graphic designers, sculptors... weird by definition.

Oisin
Monday, May 24th, 2004, 04:15 PM
I haven't got any yet, but i'm planning for a ace of spades in my neck.

Ow and i voted 2, because i think it totally depends on the person wether they look good or not. And i don't do it for the attention but for myself, i don't like it at all when people look at me all the time. Especially if it is only because of my tats. I think though that the tattoos should be in the same style as the ones you already have.

Line18
Monday, May 24th, 2004, 04:16 PM
I f'ing love tattoos! women... small/medium. :)

Men... Big m'f'er tattoos!! All over their body! Yeah! :D

Thorburn
Monday, May 24th, 2004, 04:20 PM
You have weird colleagues.
Normally such a tattoo should automatically come with a free sterilization.
Having reactionary views about reactionaries, makes you progressive. :D

Jove
Monday, May 24th, 2004, 04:41 PM
I thought since this thread is in the women section the subject should be men!?

Anyways, tattoos may range in size, color, design and, most importantly (especially nowadays), in location; small tattoos with location emphasis is supposed to look sexy – nothing abnormal here since both men and women seek to adjust to prevailing social norms in order to get a date, which is one of the most fundamental of human impulses. However, with growing size, color range, extravagant design and especially conspicuous locations on the body tend to display fetishism and in many cases found to be unattractive by the members of opposite sex (except of those with familiar social outlook). Large tattoos positively correlate with social as well as political inclinations; what’s more, those tattoos are apparently there to show one’s allegiance or affection to a certain person, society or event – those are symbols, and therefore fall within the spectrum of human communication, many times at the expanse of losing a potential mate.

So, if I’m to form an opinion about a person based on his/her tattoos, it’ll depend on what I think he/she wants to achieve via making one; it’s a display of character and sometimes can even demonstrate IQ (grossly imprecise though it may be) since people would rarely conceal something they hardly know about. ;)

rusalka
Monday, May 24th, 2004, 04:41 PM
Artists, painters, graphic designers, sculptors... weird by definition.
Excuse me? :P

Anyway, I think tattoos are usually gross, and not just on women and also on most men. Years ago I had thought about getting one myself and quickly dismissed the idea and I'm glad that I didn't make that mistake at age 15. I would have probably gotten bored of the design by now.

Stew
Monday, May 24th, 2004, 04:48 PM
I find tattoos on women absolutly disgusting, especially on the abdomen, it really detracts from any natural beauty. Ethically I feel tatoos are of non white culture and don't belong on our bodys at all.

Mac Seafraidh
Monday, May 24th, 2004, 05:50 PM
Unfotunately Tisa I could not vote because I think women look good with them if they are heritage based or something unique. I think girls look alright with piercings, but usually they are malltrash so in a way that almost is a no lol

Do you find that tattoos on women, whether it's just a little butterfly or full-blown sleeves, to be attractive or utterly skankish? If you do find them to be appealing, when does it start to become too much? Or, if you find them repulsive, tell us why. :D

Johannes de León
Monday, May 24th, 2004, 06:26 PM
Tattoos are nothing for aryan Bodys, we dont' need the Negro Culture.erm... Tattoos are not negro culture, most of their "tattoos" are scars...
by the way, some roman historians refer to the Celts as people with strange paintings over their bodies, by that we can assume (and because some other sources say so) that celts (an aryan tribe) have tattoos as a part of their culture!

i voted for the third option, i prefer a natural look on women, anyway, if is an original, small and a very, very, feminine piece, i guess it is alright. :D

Combatent
Monday, May 24th, 2004, 06:59 PM
Do you find that tattoos on women, whether it's just a little butterfly or full-blown sleeves, to be attractive or utterly skankish? If you do find them to be appealing, when does it start to become too much? Or, if you find them repulsive, tell us why. :D
I hate tattoos on women.

Johannes de León
Monday, May 24th, 2004, 07:57 PM
btw, let me say that i find tattoos on the abdomen something VERY unattractive at all...

Awar
Monday, May 24th, 2004, 08:22 PM
Yes, I agree that tattoos are a part of ancient European heritage, but that doesn't change the fact that I don't like them. It's well documented that Iron Age Celts used to have tattoos.

In fact, I wouldn't mind getting a tattoo as an act of acknowledgement for some achievment, a sort of decoration for bravery etc. the way they're used today, it's just another gay fashion item.

Johannes de León
Monday, May 24th, 2004, 08:34 PM
the way they're used today, it's just another gay fashion item.it is quite true... lol, every good gay must have a tattoo! imo, every good gay is a dead one... (this sentence is not mine, but it is good by the way!:D)

Telperion
Monday, May 24th, 2004, 08:37 PM
My opinion is that tattoos on women look utterly ghastly. They are very un-feminine. One tends to think of tattoos as being worn by rather large men in biker gangs, prison, or the Navy - not clear to me why one would want to date a woman who brings to mind those associations. :-O

Awar
Monday, May 24th, 2004, 08:49 PM
:lol the females who I know, and who wear tattoos definitely do not bring to mind any masculine associations, these are 200% girly girls who let current fashion whims decide. It simply looks slutty :(

kinvolk
Monday, May 24th, 2004, 08:50 PM
Tattoos; Hm..... I didnt think that there were enough options in the poll. But I also dont think that there are enough options period. If I see a woman who is covered in tattoos I just know that she's not for me. Doesnt mean she's not a good person but I think I prefer a more natural look. After getting to know a young lady and perhaps coming to the stage where we might become intimate,.,.,. Then finding a small individualistic tattoo in a place where who knew it was there? Cant say thats a bad thing. I kinda agree with Ig on what she said about how if a young lady [fat or otherwise] doesnt have enough 'force of personality' and covers herself with tattoos to bring attention to herself as compensation,. Well I hope she recognizes her inner beauty before she goes too far,. And as Phill says: the lower back thing HAS been done to death already hasnt it? I have 5 or 6 tattoos on my person but not in places where readilly accessable. [1 is REALLY funny!] If it works for you to cover 98% of your body including your face with ink then good for you! Since I am comfortable with my own self/body I dont make judgements[moral or otherwise] on others adornments. I know what I like and what I like may not be what all others like. But remember....., they are PERMANENT!! And can be used as identification. So pot leaves,, 14/88,,White power and other such markings might be avoided. Things DO change. And certain tattoos may pre-empt one from changing with them. Also ,,,, Names are a VERY bad idea unless its your mom or daughter or some-one like that. Getting a lovers name [unless thier deceased] IS not a good idea. Sometimes you can love someone to death. THEN figure out they're an asshloe!! So I am going to hold off for the time being on getting ti**-**ne's name tattooed on my forehead. At least for now!

Telperion
Monday, May 24th, 2004, 09:02 PM
Well, the women themselves might be otherwise very feminine. But, in my view, tattoos themselves are masculine, or bring such associations to mind. I feel a sort of cognitive dissonance when I see a woman with a tattoo, because I can't help but think of tattoos themselves as masculine per se.

But yes, in any event it does look skankish. Mind you, the few girls I've dated who had tattoos all turned out to be skankish, so perhaps I'm just engaging in character assassination against them. I'll admit I didn't hold their tattoos against them at the time. ;) But now it's different! :|

Phlegethon
Monday, May 24th, 2004, 09:37 PM
For real Christian tattoos aren't allowed since the Synod of Calcuth (787 A.D.) anyway.

Stew
Monday, May 24th, 2004, 11:17 PM
Celts being tattoo'd is a bit of a myth. They were refered to as "painted" and that is assumed it meant tattooing, but It refers to the pratice of covering the body in paint like Woed. <sp?>. No bog bodys have ever been found with tattooing on the skin.

Ewergrin
Monday, May 24th, 2004, 11:33 PM
In general, I'd rather them be free of tattoos, even though I have large ones, myself. I don't really want to be looking at drawings when beholding a beautiful nude female, laying before me, awaiting her ravashing. The skin should be clean and natural for a woman.

Strengthandhonour
Monday, May 24th, 2004, 11:38 PM
I voted 3. I believe women look good enough for me without the tatoos. But I also woudln't mind the tatoo if it has some sort of symbolic meaning to it and not just some random flaming skull or flower or symbol on her lower back.

symmakhos
Tuesday, May 25th, 2004, 12:00 AM
Can't decide. It's really slutty and I wouldn't want (allow) my girlfriend to have one. Then again, it's not altogether unsexy on some girls... ;)

Nordhammer
Tuesday, May 25th, 2004, 03:34 AM
I f'ing love tattoos! women... small/medium. :)

Men... Big m'f'er tattoos!! All over their body! Yeah! :D

Well, without a tattoo, we wouldn't have the opportunity to see such a beautiful shot. :)

http://www.forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=12828

Stríbog
Tuesday, May 25th, 2004, 04:17 AM
Celts being tattoo'd is a bit of a myth. They were refered to as "painted" and that is assumed it meant tattooing, but It refers to the pratice of covering the body in paint like Woed.

Those were the Picts. They were pre-Celtic and spoke a non-Indo-European language.

Stríbog
Tuesday, May 25th, 2004, 04:20 AM
I think tattoos are fundamentally tasteless. They put one in a group of people who seek reactions by their appearance because they are insecure or attention-starved, or otherwise are just following a trend like an ignorant sheep, as AWAR said.
They are also difficult or impossible to remove if one has second thoughts. I am of the opinion that they just look unappealing.

Line18
Tuesday, May 25th, 2004, 05:50 AM
I think tattoos are fundamentally tasteless. They put one in a group of people who seek reactions by their appearance because they are insecure or attention-starved, or otherwise are just following a trend like an ignorant sheep, as AWAR said.
It would be a trend thing if you has the same tattoo that everyone else has, like those tribals or delphins or whatever.

Im disagree with you about the attention.. Its normal to have tattoos, lots of people got them, just like earrings.

so go out and tattoo "Denmark Rule", on your back..

Dr. Solar Wolff
Tuesday, May 25th, 2004, 06:28 AM

Haven't heard the word "skank" since about 1967---good choice in this case!
All that is necessary is your blood type under your left arm-pit.

Pluspol
Tuesday, May 25th, 2004, 07:33 AM
I didslike it. I think it makes women look low-class and cheap.

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Tuesday, May 25th, 2004, 08:09 AM
I have thought about getting a tattoo that says "Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here" above my crotch, just because I think it's funny. No one would ever see it anyway, and hopefully it would ward off any would-be predators if the situation aroused :halo

Ominous Lord Spoonblade
Tuesday, May 25th, 2004, 08:12 AM
I voted: Not - tattoos on women are immoral and disgusting!

:angry

Turificator
Tuesday, May 25th, 2004, 03:53 PM
I really love tattoos, but I think they should be a male thing. Generally speaking, I don't like tattoos on wimmin' (I voted n.3).

chamogirl
Tuesday, May 25th, 2004, 11:40 PM
I have a couple and had them done about 30 years ago - wish I had never done so - I am glad that they don't show and that they are at least feminine in nature

Phlegethon
Wednesday, May 26th, 2004, 01:03 AM
If women want to look cool they should wear scars instead.

Fraxinus Excelsior
Wednesday, May 26th, 2004, 01:58 AM
Slutty (I voted #3).

I know 9 girls with those gay little butterfly tatoos on the smalls-of-their-back.

Incidentally, they are sluts. Big sluts. VERY big sluts.

Phlegethon
Wednesday, May 26th, 2004, 02:10 AM
And like a butterfly they flutter from guy to guy. Until the butterfly starts to resemble a monster bat.

Fraxinus Excelsior
Wednesday, May 26th, 2004, 04:01 AM
And like a butterfly they flutter from guy to guy. Until the butterfly starts to resemble a monster bat.HA-HA-HA. Funny AND true.

Phill
Wednesday, May 26th, 2004, 11:47 AM
And like a butterfly they flutter from guy to guy. Until the butterfly starts to resemble a monster bat.

*falls out of chair laughing into tears*

girlsyouth
Thursday, May 27th, 2004, 07:31 PM
Why that is a problem if women have a tattoo?

Ewergrin
Friday, May 28th, 2004, 09:46 PM
Why that is a problem if women have a tattoo?

No one said there was a problem with it.
We're talking about preference here.

Northern Paladin
Friday, June 4th, 2004, 11:33 PM
To me it's a matter of what is depicted and the quantity of tattoos present.

A small rose or heart in some "hidden spot" is no much of a deal.

However heavily tattooed women give me a feeling of being somehow "Trashy" and "Low Class" which I think is a valid widely accepted Sterotype.

No Code
Wednesday, July 21st, 2004, 09:18 PM
Nothing against...huumm...I bet that I am one of the most hated members of skadi.Im very liberal :D

Sigrun Christianson
Sunday, August 8th, 2004, 01:28 PM
"What kind of low-class street whore gets a tattoo? Slutty, trashy, and just disgusting," Sigrun says as she looks at her numerous tattoos...

Phlegethon
Sunday, August 8th, 2004, 01:45 PM
Well, I just yesterday had the chance to see attractive girls turned into things like Robert DeNiro in "Cape Fear". Full sleeve tattoos, tattooed bellies, completely tattooed backs, tattooed necks, sometimes even tattooed head and face. And a child in each arm. If you cannot see that there is something fundamentally wrong, gross and absurd in this picture than you are probably a part of the problem and not the solution. How is this child ever supposed to tell right from wrong with such a parent? What will happen if class mates want to come over to their place to play just too see a completely tattooed, 250 pound unemployed white trash whore open the door? It's a social stigma that does not ever go away.

Abby Normal
Sunday, August 8th, 2004, 02:35 PM
I have thought about getting a tattoo that says "Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here" above my crotch, just because I think it's funny. No one would ever see it anyway, and hopefully it would ward off any would-be predators if the situation aroused :haloHahaha! The true Gates of Hell? :D Even Fade would not see it? ;)

Grimr
Sunday, August 8th, 2004, 08:26 PM
There is nothing wrong with tattoos.

Northern Paladin
Monday, August 9th, 2004, 04:23 AM
Tattoos in general are a sign of low class and poor taste. How many high society women have tattoos?

Telperion
Monday, August 9th, 2004, 04:53 AM
Speaking of Tattoos, here is a germaine article on the subject:

Demand For Laser Removal
Soars As Tattoo Fashion Fades
By David Smith
The Observer - UK
8-8-4

Tattoo in haste, repent at leisure. The fashion for permanent body art fuelled by stars like David Beckham and Britney Spears has dragged another trend in its wake: demand for treatment to remove it.

Lasercare Clinics, which claims to be the UK's leading skin laser provider, has recorded a 40 per cent increase in tattoo removals over the past two years. Last month alone it received 500 enquiries, more than double its former average. Almost two thirds of customers are women aged from their mid-20s to 50.

The tattoo that seems like a good idea at the time, but wasn't, was exemplified last month when Julie Thomas, from Lancing, West Sussex, spent £40 on a five-inch tattoo of Winnie the Pooh for on her upper right arm. The 15-year-old, well below the legally required minimum age of 18, later admitted she bitterly regretted the deed and had cried every day since.

'We've seen a dramatic increase in people coming in for removals in all our clinics,' said Jane Lewis, regional director of Lasercare. 'Tattoos are very fashionable now you see celebrities with them. A lot of people who get henna tattoos like them and think they'll have a real one.

'We are seeing a mixture of people. Some had a tattoo when they were younger but have now got on the career ladder: they are executives who can't wear a short-sleeved shirt around the boardroom table in summer because of what it will reveal.

'There are also women for whom a tattoo was hip when they were young but who now feel people tend to look at them and be judgmental. Kids decide the name of the boy they loved last week is not the name they want anymore. We also see minors brought in by their parents the day after a tattoo.'

Laser therapy is the most effective form of tattoo removal. It works by matching the laser light to the colour of the tattoo ink. The laser breaks down the tattoo ink pigments, resulting in a gradual fading of the tattoo. The painful process typically requires six to 12 treatments, depending on the size and colours involved, each costing £55-£155. Black, blue and red are the easiest colours to remove while green, yellow and purple are the most difficult.

Tattoos are more popular than at any time in their history and one in eight Britons is estimated to have one, more than any other nation in Europe. Beckham has a full gallery, including a garish winged cross design on the back of his neck, while fellow England footballer Wayne Rooney recently had a large blue Celtic cross installed on his shoulder. Among those who have lived to regret it are Patsy Kensit, Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp, who had the names of old flames on their arms.

Sonia Amerigo, manager of the Cheshire Private Clinic in Stockport, said: 'We can't keep up with the trend. We get various people of all ages, from businessmen who want to wear shirtsleeves to young women who want to take their ex-boyfriend's name off. Despite David Beckham and other celebrities, I think tattoos are actually becoming less socially acceptable.'

Dr Sandeep Varma, a consultant dermatologist at Queen's Medical Centre in Nottingham, who has researched people's motives for removals, added: 'There has been an explosion in the number and types of lasers available. It's a booming business: if people keep coming back for 10 or 20 treatments they can spend £800 to £4,000.'

Louis Molloy, owner of the Middleton Tattoo Studio in Manchester, whose clients have included David Beckham, Roy Keane and Ronan Keating, said: 'I owned a laser clinic for a few years and I found the majority of people wanted removals of tattoos which were self-inflicted or which had no thought whatsoever put into them.

'In David Beckham's case every piece of work he had done had meticulous planning. The one on the back of his neck was two years in the preparation. I put him off and warned him there would be a negative reaction from some people, but if he's wanted it for two years and done that much planning it's highly unlikely he'll regret it.'

Guardian Unlimited © Guardian Newspapers Limited 2004

http://www.guardian.co.uk/medicine
/story/0,11381,1278621,00.html

Mistress Klaus
Monday, August 9th, 2004, 07:45 AM
:) I voted no. 3 option. I am neutral when it comes to tats but I would rather the NOT. People look at me & think I am the sort to have tattoo's...(must look at abit rough or something.. :D )...but I have never branded my skin with such impulsive grafiti. Hopefully never have a brain block & do it either. :P .

I am not one of the herd to be branded like all the rest of the cattle.. :D

Nationaler
Monday, August 9th, 2004, 08:02 AM
In my opinion,
tatoos can look very sexy, but very slutty too.
For example these tatoos aove the ass, dunno whats it called in english (Steissbein).

A small one on the shoulder why not can be very sexy.

A male with tats is cool I think...
Here some good ones I made on a festival with 7000 Nationalist/National Socialist

Phlegethon
Monday, August 9th, 2004, 10:04 AM
For example these tatoos aove the ass, dunno whats it called in english (Steissbein).
They are commonly referred to as ass antlers ("Arschgeweih").

Pretty cliché nowadays. Everyone has them and they all look equally silly.

Stew
Saturday, August 14th, 2004, 07:16 AM
Those were the Picts. They were pre-Celtic and spoke a non-Indo-European language.

Not true actually. Tactus and other Romans made mention of both Gauls and inhabitants of Southern England as "painted" as well. The Picts and later Scots were surly some of the last to wear woed into battle.

"Celts" as we know is a misnomer when talking about the early inhabitants of the British Isles and you are correct is as much as they were more likley non indo-europeans. No one knows what language the Picts spoke.

Vestmannr
Saturday, August 14th, 2004, 09:20 AM
I like them on a girl, especially a UP girl. Tattoos don't show up as well on dark skin.

Not true actually. Tactus and other Romans made mention of both Gauls and inhabitants of Southern England as "painted" as well. The Picts and later Scots were surly some of the last to wear woed into battle.

The idea of 'woad-painted' is a later Victorian idea taken from a misunderstanding of a classical text. "Later Scots" never wore 'woad' (though they were tattooed.) The idea of wearing woad like face-paint a la Braveheart is a fiction of Hollywood. The Picts were most likely tattooed, as tattoo needles are a common find in their sites. In fact, tattoo needles are quite common finds in sights across Europe. One local Roman Catholic council forbade tattooing: it was never closely adhered to. Many Europeans continued to be tattooed (not pierced or scarred like Africans, Aboriginal Americans and Australians.) So, the idea of tattooing as 'non-European' is a fantasy. Tattooing as 'non-Ultramontanist Roman Catholic' is more precise. Even European Roman Catholic Monarchs (right up through the end of the 19th c. and into the early 20th c.) often had tattoos.

"Celts" as we know is a misnomer when talking about the early inhabitants of the British Isles and you are correct is as much as they were more likley non indo-europeans. No one knows what language the Picts spoke.

All Pictish names we have record of are P-Brythonic. Their few words we have, such as 'Pet-' or 'Pit(t)-' meaning 'farm' are not necessarily 'non-Indo-European'. The idea that they were is likely from the mis-transcription of Pictish epigraphy at the end of the last century where they become a garble that could be no language whatsoever. More than likely the Picts were using the symbols arranged in their own manner. Some attempts at the few inscriptions turn up the same phenomena: get rid of the often doubled/tripled/quadrupled letters (four t's? four x's? four h's? what language is that? - maybe Picts wrote with a stutter? ;) ) - and one turns up with the rather familiar P-Celtic names often found associated with Picts. One could suppose that originally a language like Basque might have also been spoken, or possibly still influenced what the Picts spoke. However, we have no reason to suppose it is other than another P-Celtic dialect.

Stew
Sunday, August 15th, 2004, 05:29 AM
Frontiersman: can you site evidence to support the claim for tattoo needles among achiological sites in scotland, or evidence of tattoo'd skin. I've not been able to find any.

Vestmannr
Sunday, August 15th, 2004, 06:30 AM
Frontiersman: can you site evidence to support the claim for tattoo needles among achiological sites in scotland, or evidence of tattoo'd skin. I've not been able to find any.

Well, I could cite evidence. If I 'site' evidence, that might be considered tampering. As for achiology, I know nothing of that field. I do have some experience in British archaeology. I might be able to help you out, however: if you read everything Pat Buchanan has written in the past 15 years. Knowledge requires Responsibility, and so should come at some price. ;)

Sword Brethren
Sunday, August 15th, 2004, 09:14 AM
The bible says no tattoos, no piercings, nothing! Period!

Your body is a temple, do not defile it!

(Although it actually uses the word tattoo and piercing, but it's 4 freaking am and I'm too damn tired to pull out the bible and start rifling through Leviticus)

K.Falk
Friday, January 21st, 2005, 12:34 AM
Well, I don´t like tattoos at all.

Theudanaz
Friday, January 21st, 2005, 03:17 AM
In my circle we call them "targets". I won't go into details why, except maybe in an adult thread. But it generally goes along with the butterfly "fluttering from man to man" or someone said something similar. Recently it sed to be the same girls who wore shoes or sandals with too-thick soles also had these "arschgeweih".

At first as I read this thread it seemed men were more predominantly against female tattoos, though there are exceptions on both sides. Seems like it must not be such a strong deterrent or fewer women would be defensive of tattoos.

They are commonly referred to as ass antlers ("Arschgeweih").

Pretty cliché nowadays. Everyone has them and they all look equally silly.

Oskorei
Friday, January 21st, 2005, 12:26 PM
When my father was young, tattoos were a part of the criminal underworld, and no women were tattoed at all. When I was young, it was a sign of being alternative (usually metal or skin), and some women had nice tattoos. Today, it is, in 9 cases of 10, a sign of the "Look at me!"-generation. And most tattoos are, as a result, vulgar and ugly (tribals and chinese signs), and lack any spiritual significance at all. The only thing they say about their "owner" is "I wanted to look cool, but I could not figure out what motive to choose. So, since I am a very empty person, I had to go for the tribal/chinese sign saying "unique" :D

Spartacus74
Friday, January 21st, 2005, 06:06 PM
now is a fashion but some years ago in Italy expecially in South the tatoo was part of the underground crime world, and none was permitting himself to use a tatoo. Maybe some saylors of lower ranks but with much care because it was a cause of difficulty for carriers.
NOw we are on the opposite sides, those girls using silly symbols and without anymeaning, body is a temple so it doesn't mean is not possible to decore it as it's said in the bible moronicism. But if it has to be decored and it would be with a strong message and with a life meaning as it is in the ancestral culture where this symbol is an initiatory sign or a power sign for courage and virtues.

For the girls the fashion is too much an addiction so i like girls tatooed but with style and meaning. For example Skadiju87 has a meaning and a lifestyle of what she did but not all the cheer leaders with a crap designed on the ass.

Drömmarnas Stig
Friday, January 21st, 2005, 07:08 PM
It can be a little bit of both.

For example, a movie star with a nice tattoo can be sexy and I appreciate that.
However, I regard movie stars as flesh.

In private life, from my partner, I expect her not to have tattoos.
I think women with tattoos are slutty which is not okay for my partner.
I might be a little strict in this regard, but hey, just my opinion.

Renegade
Friday, January 21st, 2005, 08:01 PM
I usually don't have any objections to White women having tatoos. Relitively small, well placed tatoos can look nice. Tatoos can take away from a woman's beauty if they are too plentyful.

One type of tatoo that I strongly object too for both White men and White women are ones with ASIAN writing. It's hard to imagine a White person with any racial pride having some alien non-white language permenately written on their body.

chamogirl
Sunday, January 23rd, 2005, 12:23 AM
I have two tattoos and wished I never got them. Had them done at a young age while on active duty. At least I can wear most clothing and not have them show

The Horned God
Sunday, January 23rd, 2005, 06:30 PM
I chose 4. I just don't like them on women, and if a man has large ones I tend to look down on him somewhat as well.

Hagalaz
Sunday, January 23rd, 2005, 07:57 PM
The only tattoos that don't bother me are small Celtic designs such as Celtic knots. But Flaming skulls and anything else that isn't strictly cultural / appealing, is trash.

Power_Valkyrie
Sunday, January 23rd, 2005, 08:14 PM
I don't think of tattoos on women as any different from tattoos on men.

Nightmare_Gbg
Saturday, February 5th, 2005, 02:12 AM
I like tattoo's on women.But not if it's tribals and other "fashionable" motivs.Choose you'r motives with care,you'r going to wear it for the rest off you'r life.

Lidvick
Saturday, February 5th, 2005, 06:04 AM
I don't mind one or two tattoos on a woman as long as they don't show up in public places arms or neck ect.

Tattoos are a thing that has been going on since the earliest of world cultures once a sign of position or dominance in the society way back when. Also tattoos I think of woad warriors lashing out at Roman legions , in various war peoples not just to the Celts in those regards.

I do is some regard view tattoos more masculine but the fact is more and more women are doing it.;)

Odin Biggles
Saturday, February 5th, 2005, 07:12 PM
My sister has a really nice tattoo on her lower back she got when she was 16 (20 now), its not like a biker tattoo more a decorative "symbol".

If its just something like that and not dozens of them spread all over then it looks fine to me, her boyfriend has just got one now I understand :thumbup.

Ive always thought its like when warriors used to paint themselves in colourful ways back in the olden days :D.

USS Dixiecrat
Sunday, February 6th, 2005, 02:22 AM
Normally I would say GROSS! But there is an exception. There is this girl I know who has a rebel flag in a certain place, and that is OK:D

Draco
Sunday, February 6th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Tattoos are unattractive. And if they're unattractive now, give the force of gravity 30 years to see how unattractive they can really be.

Skin should be kept au natural.

Tattoos, tanning beds, botox, piercings and the like are to me, aesthetically unpleasing.

Polaris
Sunday, February 6th, 2005, 10:20 PM
To me, it just depends on the size and location of the tattoo. If it is a small one inch flower or butterfly then I can accept. But if it's a half - foot Muslim on fire or an oversized facist symbol then I am going to have to pass on that. Tattoo quality degrades as you become older anyway so there really isn't a point to painting your body with oversized images that will just become unproportional and deformed. :D

Nordraserei
Sunday, February 6th, 2005, 10:56 PM
Slutty. I want a woman, not some tattooed freak of nature.:thumbdown

nemo
Monday, February 7th, 2005, 02:33 AM
Tatoos do nothing for a woman, tatoos are more of a masculine symbol, and any woman who tatoos her self is an idiot. to me it's like a man who wears lipstick or gets a breast implant. :blueroll:

Mistress Klaus
Tuesday, February 8th, 2005, 03:29 PM
:sviking: Yeah... now I have decided to get a dive-bombing Stuka tattooed upon my back.... :lol
No....where would it stop..if you were to brand your body with your impulses & objects of love, beliefs & statements. My body would be covered from head to toe with Longboats, Felines, Trees, guitars, and German soldiers... :rotfl . Better to express yourself on canvas. Tattoes are art, but wasted & bastardized on flesh. ;)

Nordraserei
Tuesday, February 8th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Tatoos do nothing for a woman, tatoos are more of a masculine symbol, and any woman who tatoos her self is an idiot. :blueroll:I agree. I think I would rather my wife start smoking than seeing her get covered in tattooes.

Scáthach
Thursday, February 10th, 2005, 12:45 AM
Nine times out of ten, not good. Men on the otherhand, generally, look great with them!

Blutwölfin
Thursday, February 10th, 2005, 09:42 AM
well, i'm female and i've got three tattoos. one aegishjalmr, a barcode and a quote beneath my belly button, saying "non omnis moriar". all three are small and i like them very much - and everyone who has seen them, too.

i think tattoos on a female body must be female - if not, it looks quite ugly.
also ugly tattoos (e.g. indians, words saying "i love mum", barbwire or some stupid cartoon characters) look quite ugly at male bodies.

you need to find "your" symbol to make it look nice.

shockgrrrl
Monday, February 14th, 2005, 03:12 AM
Mine are well hidden(for my own pleasure) and are celtic and related. :thumbup

Spartacus74
Monday, February 14th, 2005, 03:22 PM
http://romagnaskins.altervista.org/sabcat.gif

very important for a girl is do not apply a kind of tatoo like this, it could be destroy the whole image of the girl!
As well as tatoo of pigs, dogs and related issue.

Sigel
Monday, February 14th, 2005, 03:56 PM
No tattoo, however *aesthetic*, is more beautiful than the skin it desecrates. It is graffiti and does nothing to enhance the beauty of a woman.

Nowadays it seems to be a case of:
Get a personality - get a tattoo / piercing!

A shallow substitute for real class in my opinion.

Odin Biggles
Tuesday, February 15th, 2005, 01:18 AM
Whatever..as long as it looks nice and doesnt kill millions of innocent people as a result of it being there then why should I care.

Milesian
Tuesday, February 15th, 2005, 04:33 PM
My girlfriend has more tattoos than I do. Is she slutty?
That's only for me to know ;)

Odin Biggles
Tuesday, February 15th, 2005, 09:52 PM
My girlfriend has more tattoos than I do. Is she slutty?
That's only for me to know ;)
Damn...you arent in Cyprus are you ??? :-O:P.

Blutwölfin
Friday, February 18th, 2005, 11:17 AM
by the way: this is one of mine...
picture is distorted, sorry.
it's beneath my bely button.

http://www.vampirefreaks.com/user_pics/d/darkSMart/595586.jpg

Zyklop
Friday, February 18th, 2005, 11:20 AM
picture is distorted, sorry.
it's beneath my bely button.

It will get even more distorted when you should get pregnant. ;)

Blutwölfin
Friday, February 18th, 2005, 01:22 PM
It will get even more distorted when you should get pregnant. ;)

you mighht be right. but i don't plan to reproduce me.
i know - as a woman - it's a wonderful thing to give birth to a baby,
but i'm not that kind of girl who likes these little ones. may other do
this job. :)

Spartacus74
Friday, March 4th, 2005, 02:15 AM
anyway is better if a girl avoids those kinds of horrors, but thinking better is a proper action of good common sense also for guys.

http://volkermord.com/gallery/albums/userpics/Bild%2018.jpg
http://volkermord.com/gallery/albums/userpics/Tatoos/Head/tn_tattoo_043.jpghttp://volkermord.com/gallery/albums/userpics/Tatoos/Other/36big.jpg

i don't suggest to ldies this kind of tatoo as well, thus i consider it as an artistic one and very spiritual.

The paint of St. Michaels is wonderful as a paint but i'd prefer to see on a wall than not on a femal's shoulder.

http://volkermord.com/gallery/albums/userpics/08.jpg

Slå ring om Norge
Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Do you fancy tattoos on females?

Sigrid
Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 10:27 AM
If they are small and appropriate, yes. Huge body paintings can mar the human form, and were only ever used on magicians and shaman and kings. They had totem value, not fashion value long ago.

I like henna paintings and they wear off so you don't have to live with them or have them removed if you no longer want them.

Are you tatooed, Thore_Hund?

Slå ring om Norge
Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Not at all...

But I have esthetic sense...
Not all have much of that... I have never seen a good tatto on a female body, they all seems like crying failures to me.:runaway

Bad drawings, terrible motives, and the color floating out after a few years.
I find tattoos on females ugly and shaming, without exeption.

I could never have a relation to a marked chick. Well, maybe for use, but no more.:doh

Slå ring om Norge
Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 10:30 AM
If they are small and appropriate, yes. Huge body paintings can mar the human form, and were only ever used on magicians and shaman and kings. They had totem value, not fashion value long ago.

I like henna paintings and they wear off so you don't have to live with them or have them removed if you no longer want them.

Are you tatooed, Thore_Hund?

Only a small one that I stuck myself...three dots...:D

Weg
Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Depends on the tattoo model and where it is located, and why she wished a tattoo. If it's just to be cool because it's trendy, so it's not different from a piercing. Just too mainstream for me. I've seen a girl lately with a huge one on her back, from the shoulders to the bottom. I think she was easy (sorry about that). I must say I don't like this kind of tattoes. I prefer discrete and small ones or nothing at all.

I dislike the so called trendy "ethnic" tattoes that have nothing to do with European traditions but with Maoris, Chinese, Arabs (Henne) or what else... As for WP stuffs, well the girls would do better to think twice before doing that... :doh

Blutwölfin
Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 11:16 AM
I have two by myself (an &#198;gishj&#225;lr and a quote by Horatio); small ones, love them personally and haven't met anyone who disagreed with me yet. If a man wouldn't like me for my tattoos, he has a superficial kind of character, which actually is very poor. :thumbsdow

Of course I do not like all tattoos all people have, but it's a matter of taste and I do not have to love what others do with their bodies. Nevertheless: If the man I love had a tattoo I dislike I would still love him, for it's the person not the skin I am with.

Slå ring om Norge
Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 11:48 AM
I have two by myself (an &#198;gishj&#225;lr and a quote by Horatio); small ones, love them personally and haven't met anyone who disagreed with me yet. If a man wouldn't like me for my tattoos, he has a superficial kind of character, which actually is very poor. :thumbsdow

Of course I do not like all tattoos all people have, but it's a matter of taste and I do not have to love what others do with their bodies. Nevertheless: If the man I love had a tattoo I dislike I would still love him, for it's the person not the skin I am with.

I just consider shamed goods second or third class.

I could pretend to "like" one for a night, who cares, and then spit her out after use.:D
I could never have a relation to a person going around marked with poor drawings, and ALL tattoos I have seen on females are bad drawings...Sorry...:doh

And if the thing even is a beerdrinker...? Not my cup of coffee.

Sigrid
Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Henna is Hindu not Arab. But it's just a plant dye and has no racial connotations. It is also temporary.

I agree with BW. Criticism is negative. You take a person for who they are. End of story. If someone looks like a living artwork that is his choice. I think the maintenance of large ones would be quite exhausting. I know someone who has just been to get all his refurbished and he looked swollen and sore. But he loves his tattoos so that's his choice. :thumbsup

Sigrid
Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 11:51 AM
T_H - Call me a prude but "using" someone is surely the worst thing you can do to another being?

Slå ring om Norge
Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 12:08 PM
T_H - Call me a prude but "using" someone is surely the worst thing you can do to another being?

Not the way I use them. ;)
If one never had an real orgasm before, it is a precious gift to be given that option, dont you think?
That is my great advantage, I can send anybody to the Moon..:)
Adding new dimensions to my "victims" sexuality. No, those that are used by me are grateful. And I dont mind them using me either. Something for something...

But of course I would not effort that much on a tattooed thing...

You maybe mix up the terms use and abuse here...?:runaway

Blutwölfin
Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 12:16 PM
I am not a feminist in any way, but that is just ridiculous and poor. Sorry to say that.

Sigrid
Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 12:23 PM
T_H - Your mysteriousness deepens.

I am not like that. I am totally unlike that. I am like my present avatar.

Weg
Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Henna is Hindu not Arab. But it's just a plant dye and has no racial connotations. It is also temporary.

Could be; here Maghrebian women use it much. That's an ethno-racial connotation to me. If a native girl has some henne stuffs, it means she loves exoticness and as I dislike exoticness, I'll certainly not love her. Temporary, yes it's. Like feelings and promises.

I agree with BW. Criticism is negative. You take a person for who they are.

I don't say the contrary. It'd be Bourgeois (Bourgeois are superficials) and reactionary to dismiss someone just because of a tattoo but still...

Is this a Ægishjálr? This kind of tattoo doesn't annoy me in fact (I don't like colour ones). But it could become a problem in the near future. People who are tattoed will be more easily identifiable.

http://www.sunnyway.com/runes/tattoo.JPG

Well, use or get used. Dilemma. Personally, I'd not teach Thore_Hund a lesson. That shouldn't work like that, but that's what the world is.

Praetorianer
Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 12:43 PM
I am not a feminist in any way, but that is just ridiculous and poor. Sorry to say that.

Oh,TH. :doh :doh :doh It nearly hurts.
I agree with BW!

Sigrid
Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Weg - I didn't really understand any of that, but I did pick up a class issue. I don't have class issues, to me all people are just people. Some working class are far nastier than any middle class and some middle class are soul dead. Some are dangerous. It is a matter of the individual you are not the economic group you belong to, but that is just my experience and opinion.

I don't think you should look at it as "use or be used". It's a bit nihilistic. If you choose your friends and associates carefully there is less of this using. That is why to have few friends is a good idea, sometimes things are so bad it's better to have no "friends". But to stay open to the right souls so they will find you or you will find them.

The most important thing is never to give yourself away. You don't always get any of it back.

I know what you mean by "exotic" but there are people who don't do things to be exotic. They choose things they like and that work for them and do those. It should be borne in mind that our ancestors were open people and used things that didn't necessarily come from their homelands. The Vikings used Indian silver, for example. And they sold things to others and were successful traders. I find a narrow folkishness very suffocating with a tendency to judge others when they have done nothing for which they need to be judged.

Also just my opinion.

Frans_Jozef
Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Saying All tattooed women are third class is a mere expression of an opinion or sentiment which one should share freely with other people and preferably substantiate to a degree that another person would at least have a clearer understanding what this statement exactly entitles, what reasoning draws to this blatant and to many ears offensive, though also cool and boisterous observation...

...the problem arises however when the opinion is made deliberately and as measured to attack, reproof and put down a specific person publicly for interests and reasons departing from the objective of a general discussion...
the assault may be subtle, but it emerges just close enough to the surface to have its true and stingy implications victimizing someone and resonate aroun everyone involved in the forum...

...Emotional turbulence is likely more forgiveable than shrewd cold stalking, in the first case, one stays human, but loses his pedals and run into a conflict that raises scrupules and shame when the storm lies down, in the other situation, one seeped into darker territory and came back from there, touched by elements that resist any moral fiber and poisons the mind of its flawed victim, and threatens the people met on his path ...

...I sincerely hope that the latter isn't seen here, nor anywhere else...

Slå ring om Norge
Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 01:40 PM
I consider tattoes as uglinesses that must be carried the rest of the life...

Of course it is subjective, I think tattooes on females are a quacked idea.

Every single tattoo I have seen on a female have been ugly, and I have seen some. And tattoos gets uglier and uglier during time, as the color floats out. I am not going to be close to watch the painting fade.:doh

If she has a little butterfly on the buttocks I turn away to not have to see such spots of unestetic shaming the skin.

And yes, a first class woman reduces to a second class or third class for me, by one single tatttoo. I would never bind myself to a marked female. :cosmocrap

The point is that she at one point in life has let a tattoo "artist" pin her. I have a similar consideration with females that hecks with blacks. To me it is about the same, they are marked by a talentless, and belongs spirtually to that one that marked her. You may see it other ways, but this is my opinion.

Terrible opinions upon style, taste and class? Sorry if you dont like it, but those "decorations" are not my responsibility, and I see no reason to change opinion.

Weg
Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Weg - I didn't really understand any of that, but I did pick up a class issue. I don't have class issues, to me all people are just people. Some working class are far nastier than any middle class and some middle class are soul dead. Some are dangerous. It is a matter of the individual you are not the economic group you belong to, but that is just my experience and opinion.

My comments weren't warfare class oriented at all. I grew up myself in a "petit Bourgeois" class so... I don't care whether they're wealthy or not. It's just how the Bourgeois mind works that annoys me, not the "richness". They're not friendly to low class guys. Anyway, this is being off topic.

I don't think you should look at it as "use or be used". It's a bit nihilistic.

You find? Maybe a bit cynical but nihilistic... As I age, I'm more and more realistic.

But to stay open to the right souls so they will find you or you will find them.

The most important thing is never to give yourself away. You don't always get any of it back.

I think you're right. You really give some good advises. :thumbsup

The Vikings used Indian silver, for example. And they sold things to others and were successful traders. I find a narrow folkishness very suffocating with a tendency to judge others when they have done nothing for which they need to be judged.

But generally modern people despise their own cultural background, what Vikings didn't do.

nordicdusk
Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 02:02 PM
I myself am a big fan of tattoos i have many myself.I like most tattoos on women i love to see men and women express themselfs freely with art.Art is an important means of expression for me atleast.

Gagnraad
Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 02:06 PM
If the man I love had a tattoo I dislike I would still love him, for it's the person not the skin I am with.
That say about everything I guess.(Not the "man, him" part :D)

I have drawed some tattoo's for some who have asked me, and I'm drawing on my first tattoo's which I am going to have on my shoulder, I guess. I have plans for more than one tattoo though.

Sigrid
Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 02:21 PM
:)

Weg, I am from the "working classes". I am from a long line of washerwomen, seamstresses, house servants, stokers, blacksmiths, farmers, bricklayers and agricultural labourers. :runaway

Most of us have become "middle class" in that we became educated enough to leave one group and become placed in another. But then I'm not bourgeois either at all. I think the average classical middle class person has always been clean, honest and hard working. The Marxian idea that they are all rotten is not true. And today if you look at the people performing all the rioting and barbaric street behaviour in protests it's the Marxist Socialists. Yet many of these today are middle class youth. So, it's all a mess. I take people as I find them, rather and have nothing against anyone except those who hurt others. I really hate these people.

I have nothing against tattoos. I think they are cool. I would not have anything against a man who looked like a forest satyr if that is what he wanted to look like, or a Celtic chieftain. That is his choice. If women have tattoos it's also their affair. What is beyond the skin is of more interest to me than what is on the outside.

If people put too much emphasis on looks they may have difficulties dealing with people who have been destroyed physically in accidents or wars. They are not what they were, yet they are often more than they were. It's a matter of perspective and of being able to go into anther's soul like you enter a pool of water and find the treasure where there is utter stillness. The shaman's way, lol.

Tattoos are traditionally a sign of binding to elements in nature and are very sacred. The Celtic chieftains would have amazing birds and animals drawn on their bodies. This was highly magical and signified their troth to totem beasts. I look at genuine tattoos that way.

Slå ring om Norge
Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Tattoos are traditionally a sign of binding to elements in nature and are very sacred. The Celtic chieftains would have amazing birds and animals drawn on their bodies. This was highly magical and signified their troth to totem beasts. I look at genuine tattoos that way.

That is very close to my ideas upon that socalled "art"....I consider tattoos magic, that is exactly why my antipathy on that. And even if the motive was magic, it had to be stuck by a magician, not a more or less talentless ex-con.

Sigrid
Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Thore_Hund you are being fierce with these young tattoo artists. :P

I have to say I've seen some really brilliant work from them. Many are just ordinary kids who have learned a trade. Some are really very good at it.

I agree that tattoos have become unmagic related. There are too many of them and some people use themselves as a canvas for rubbish. But I believe there are those who also have the hidden special troth-bind tattoos. Not the urban barbarians but the genuine ones who think carefully and then mark what they take an oath for.

Slå ring om Norge
Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Thore_Hund you are being fierce with these young tattoo artists. :P

I have to say I've seen some really brilliant work from them. Many are just ordinary kids who have learned a trade. Some are really very good at it.

I agree that tattoos have become unmagic related. There are too many of them and some people use themselves as a canvas for rubbish. But I believe there are those who also have the hidden special troth-bind tattoos. Not the urban barbarians but the genuine ones who think carefully and then mark what they take an oath for.

These young tattoo artists in question are not the same as talentless ex-cons setting tattoos in the cage. Those young and gifted artist must nor be confused by the latter. Of course there are talented drawers that tattoos.

And while your at it, is theres anything else I have done wrong today, that I do not see myself, Sigrid? I listen to your wise words...btw, thank you:) .

anaktas
Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Being a fan of beauty through simplicity, I voted for "NO".
I think tatoos are unnatural and disgusting.

PsycholgclMishap
Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 07:14 PM
I have 3 tattoos myself and I resent the claim that a woman's (and I'm not a big fan of most of 'em myself...) "class level" lowers with each tattoo.

I rarely "show" my tattoos in public as they are a personal declaration and decoration. Tattoos are symbolic of a feeling, time, place, etc. and, of course, a means of personal expression.

That's like saying someone who "permanently" dyes their hair is a third class citizen. The claim is completely outlandish and inappropriate.

Blutwölfin
Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 07:16 PM
I wonder if men with tattoos are "third class", too, or if it is absolutely ok for them to wear tattoos. I am quite sure that some people make a big difference if a man or a woman has a tattoo.

Slå ring om Norge
Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 07:52 PM
I wonder if men with tattoos are "third class", too, or if it is absolutely ok for them to wear tattoos. I am quite sure that some people make a big difference if a man or a woman has a tattoo.

It is a very, very big difference yes. Cannot be compared. The lesbians claims however all the rights and priviledges that men have.

There is a difference, and it does not stop with the genitals, that is where it begins, literary.

Females are also not usually loved for their bodies, while men are loved for their souls.

SouthernBoy
Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 08:38 PM
No, I do not fancy them. :)

PsycholgclMishap
Tuesday, March 14th, 2006, 11:22 PM
It is a very, very big difference yes. Cannot be compared. The lesbians claims however all the rights and priviledges that men have.

There is a difference, and it does not stop with the genitals, that is where it begins, literary.

Females are also not usually loved for their bodies, while men are loved for their souls.

? That doesn't make sense.

freya3
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 12:07 AM
I think it is a personal thing. For me, I feel that I am different not having tattoos. I have never wanted one. I also only have my ears pierced once.

But, if that is what a person chooses, especially if it is something that is original and is a reflection of that individual's personality, then that is ok by me. The thing I do not like are women AND men who get these "trendy" tattoos or a tat on the small of a woman's back of a butterfly or a fairy...so played out :rolleyes:

Sigurd
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 12:26 AM
I personally don't see why a woman that I fancy should not have tattoos. It is her skin, and she can do with it how she chooses. Plus, some tattoos can look quite good. (I for myself intend to get some once money becomes available.)

I always frown when I see a lady with an "Arschgeweih", basically looks like she has Antlers growing from her arse all over her back. It is at the same time unimaginative and looks bad :rolleyes:

However as Blutwölfin pointed out, you are together with the person not the skin. :P

Gorm the Old
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 01:47 AM
If they're beautiful, it's "gilding the lily". If they're not, it's a wasted effort.

Slå ring om Norge
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 05:59 AM
? That doesn't make sense.

Precise please, what is it that does not make sense to you?

Sigrid
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 06:05 AM
And while your at it, is theres anything else I have done wrong today, that I do not see myself, Sigrid? I listen to your wise words...btw, thank you:) .

I never criticise people for being "wrong". I am merely defending people whom I think deserve it as you often give them one Hel of a go for no reason. You have said things about the morals of women lately that make me wonder how you really see them. But that is not a pointing out of things that are wrong, it's just an opinion. I never evaluate people unless it becomes necessary. They are individuals and can do whatever they like provided they do not start making others upset. Then I follow the Havamal's excellent advice and I speak out. Against unnecessary wars, against bullying, against unfair judgement, etc.

Tattoos are not important enough to criticise. An opinion will do and although I have none myself I wouldn't mind one and I have nothing whatsoever against people who do have them. Like religion, it's their choice.

:P

Slå ring om Norge
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 07:03 AM
You have said things about the morals of women lately that make me wonder how you really see them.

I admire and adore decent females.
That is hardly possible in Oslo, as the females here are destroyed by the lack of moral. Those I see as dispensable things.

They are individuals and can do whatever they like provided they do not start making others upset.

But it is OK to make 2 billon mooslimes upset? If people have their toes everywhere, one cannot avoid to step on them., and its a pleasure to step as hard as I can.

" You are no allowed to say that, because I got my toes everywhere.."

Sigrid
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 08:05 AM
:valkyrie

I don't mean Muslims should do as they like, I mean individuals. Muslims are not individuals as they belong to a universalist oppressive religion that makes them do exactly what Allah tells them through their prophet. Same as any other oppressive dictatorial religion.:pope

I'm glad you like some of us and I agree with you that basically everywhere in the west today young women are beginning to act like porn queens and this is very very disturbing and very dangerous and very bad.:( And I suspect the breakdown of culture through the magnetism of the media and those who motivate this to be the main reason :suspect .

:~(

But is that any reason to use the ones who are tarts? Are you not just making things worse? What must they think of you? They think you like it so they carry on doing it. :idea:

Men must be again as gaurdians. It is their duty. :wolf

Slå ring om Norge
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 08:20 AM
:valkyrie
I'm glad you like some of us and I agree with you that basically everywhere in the west today young women are beginning to act like porn queens and this is very very disturbing and very dangerous and very bad.

Female generroles in Norway has no limits, no standars, no normals.
This situation is very destructive for the females as for society. The genderrole need to be taken up to discussion again.

But is that any reason to use the ones who are tarts? Are you not just making things worse? What must they think of you? They think you like it so they carry on doing it. :idea:

Horny men tends to do almost anything in skirts when the pressure gets high enough, just like dogs. And what freerange bitches should think of me, does not really matter.:rolleyes:

I love women generally, life would be poor and meaningless without.
I am quite romantic, monogame and conservative the old fashion red rose way, and there are no limits for what I do for my beloved. I also go much longer than anyone could expect on guarding and helping my female friends. Of course not attempts to kill for them, that would be illegal.

It is however not without a secret satisfaction that I observe how those freeranges lifes becomes in the 40`s. Everything has its price.

Men must be again as gaurdians. It is their duty. :wolf

I agree, but the guardians of what?...Free range freewhores? That would make us some kind of pimps. Men should act as guardians for those they find worthy to guard. Let the pimps guard the rest.

Sigrid
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 08:36 AM
But, as a magician, Thore_Hund, are you not working to change the terrible situation? As a man you have much power in this sphere. As I have as a shaman person in mine. :birds:

Slå ring om Norge
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 08:47 AM
But, as a magician, Thore_Hund, are you not working to change the terrible situation? As a man you have much power in this sphere. As I have as a shaman person in mine. :birds:

I am outnumbered and powerless concerning the general decay.

I am however gratueful to express my thoughts here, to get others opinions on the topics. If the arguments are rational, I have no problem with changing opinion.

Thank you very much for your views, which have made me reconsider some of my attitudes. You are a brilliant embassador for the female race...:D

brian
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 08:54 AM
If their decision is to tattoo themselves, then their exact choice of a tattoo would reflect the best or worst of their personality. If a woman is tattooed, then I hope that it is from their best, "best" in my view.

I am not a personal fan of them, especially those ones with head-to-toe tattoos, but something tasteful and undistracting is okay.

Sigrid
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 09:06 AM
I agree, brian, that heap big obscene images are a fright. I have been particularly gagged when seeing these on old women. You really know you should have thought twice about gigantic butterflies across your boobs when they are on show, much the worse for wear at the age of seventy. :ugh

Unless they are religious, then it's a different matter. That has nothing to do with fashion or beauty, it is a magic sign. But those are seldom seen covering the entire form, they are mostly small and precise and mean something.

Sigrid
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 09:09 AM
I am outnumbered and powerless concerning the general decay.

It is impossible, I agree, but the small pockets of seeds that are sprouting are worth watering and nurturing, I think. Life always gives something to work as an antidote for evil. :uni :wolf :valkyrie

juno
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 11:00 AM
i have tattoo's , i have 4 now and there not small one's

offcours i dont see something wrong with it!!
i dont consider my self as third class ofcours but that someone will call me as such..
i'm NOT easy!!
in fact i have only had one boyfriend and i'm 20 years old..
but that has nothing to do with tattoo's
and i'm not planning on being a porno star...
i am very willing to play the hole family life, and yes i will stay at home to take care of my childeren, and i dont think i will be less good at it than a women with out tattoo's.

and for the fact that t.h sad that getting tattoo'd was the same thing for a woman to have sex with a black men :eek :O :O
t.h you sad that you will have a woman for a one night stand... you dont consider your self easy??
or you consider your self the gods gift to women? becous you can give them a orgasim..

i have mine becous its a normal thing in my family,
and yes only the man have them i'm the first women..

Sigrid
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 11:05 AM
You see, now, Thore_Hund, one of the young ones has challenged you and she seems a :valkyrie

And she has a valid point about being thought of as "easy". :D

nordicdusk
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 11:14 AM
For me its not about fashion or trends to have tattoos i loved them when it was not "cool" to have them .My sister has one and yes for her it may well of been for fashion but its her choice and to be put in a catagory as being easy is an insult to me,my sister and all women these claims do not sit well with me.

Blutwölfin
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Opinions are opinions, everyone is allowed to have his. But in some cases (and this thread here is one of these cases) some opinions are just ridiculous and derogative.

It is ok to say that tattoos on women are not nice - just an opinion. Saying that they are third class or that having a tattoo is like sleeping with a black man is just embarassing for the one who states that. It shows how low this person's way of thinking it.

If you meet a woman, talk with her, see that she is at least as intelligent as you, had a career, is a strong personality, has children, leads a lucky life - you would probably come to the conclusion to have met someone impressive. And then this woman takes off her jacket and you see a tiny little tattoo on her shoulder - and suddenly all the rest of her disappears and she becomes third class??

Who thinks in this way is third class himself. No, I have to correct myself: even lower.

Siegfried
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Only if discrete and tasteful. A small Ægishjálr as Blutwölfin mentioned seems perfectly fine with me, even symbolically powerful.

And if the thing even is a beerdrinker...? Not my cup of coffee.

Are you saying women shouldn't drink beer? Why would that be?

Death and the Sun
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 12:17 PM
I've been following this thread for a while now, but did not feel like commenting. However now if you don't mind I'll add my two cents.

Do I fancy tattoos on women? I don't have an opinion on that. Whether a woman has tattoos or not is not a factor I take into consideration when deciding whether or not I am interested in her. It depends on the woman, and on the type of tattoo. Some tattoos look great on some women, some don't. It is as simple as that.

If you dislike women with tattoos, Thore, that is fine with me. However your thread title ends with a question mark. If you wanted to simply rail against women with tattoos, you should have titled your thread "I HATE WOMEN WITH TATTOOS" or something like that.

But asking a question, and then complaining about the answers you get is simply idiotic.

Slå ring om Norge
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 12:25 PM
and for the fact that t.h sad that getting tattoo'd was the same thing for a woman to have sex with a black men :eek :O :O

To me, a tattoo on a female marks her for life.
It is unestshetic, and she has made a bad descition that hardly can be undone, this shows evertime I see her tattoo...:doh

Tatttooed females are not as marked as the grudged aura of white female pigs that hecks with black. But it is an uncleanness.

Modern tech makes it however now possible to remove such uglinesses nearly traceless.

t.h you sad that you will have a woman for a one night stand... you dont consider your self easy??

Principal yes, but not in practice.
I do not behave like a dog. And then if, I am a man, my sexual energy are outgoing, it would not even harm me to do a negro. But I would not even consider such..

Females are a little more vulnerable there to say it careful, femal sexuality is receptive, or ingoing, so the consequenzes are of a quite another order...no " equity of the genders"in the natural principes.

A female gets infuenced by spirit of the male, but nearly not the opposite way. Therefore old whores never can clean their auru when going into other businesses, they have been too much influenced by unsorted influences, and carries that with them to the grave. Everthing has its price.:eek

or you consider your self the gods gift to women? becous you can give them a orgasim..

No, just loving. clever, sensitive, emphatic and patient. And of course generous.;)

Slå ring om Norge
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 12:33 PM
But asking a question, and then complaining about the answers you get is simply idiotic.

I you read the thread, in sober condtition, you this time find that I have answered questions and comments directed to me.

If I were you, I would be careful with using the word "idiotic". Your posting are not exactly shining of intelligence itself. But anyone can read for themself. Come with an intelligent point instead.

Blutwölfin
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 12:38 PM
[..] it would not even harm me to do a negro. But I would not even consider such..

So it would be ok if you have sex with a black woman, but it is not ok if a woman has sex with a black man?

Slå ring om Norge
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Only if discrete and tasteful. A small &#198;gishj&#225;lr as Blutw&#246;lfin mentioned seems perfectly fine with me, even symbolically powerful.

Are you saying women shouldn't drink beer? Why would that be?

Women should be careful and not drink too much beer.
Have you seen female beerdrinkers in the 40`s? Their swampy bodies and minds?:doh

I am talking of regular beerdrinkers, not of females drinking beer now and then, but beerdrinkers

Siegfried
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Swampy bodies and swampy minds are bad in either gender.

Slå ring om Norge
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 12:50 PM
So it would be ok if you have sex with a black woman, but it is not ok if a woman has sex with a black man?

Only technically, but yes. Definitively.

But there are many other considerations, as important, that we have not
touched here.

There are differences between the sexes, this is one of them. Like it or not, but nature is not democratic, and gives a sh... upon the newfeminists hollowing for "equity"

I would never touch even a nordic looking jewish princess, in fact, if I am suspicious on that I ask befor I proceed. What it there by accident was sown a seed. I would not like to have a bunch of jewish or negro Thore Hunds running around...:runaway Then I rather jerk off myself...:D

Slå ring om Norge
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Swampy bodies and swampy minds are bad in either gender.

Certainly, but females are much more vulnerable,
and the price for habitual beerdrinking are not paid before some years later...I inform on this observations to give young females a chance to consider the long time effects. Beerdrinking has a price, but that bill is not served before after years of regular beer drinking.

Females in the 40`s discovers that. I do not care if you believe me or not, and i can not explain this scientifical, I am just observant, with an eye for patterns.

Barbiturates are even much worse, but on females it fucks up and destroys the sexuality for year, if ever possible to recover to a balanced and sane expression of their sexuality. Nice for dirty websites, but for themselves, I am sorry.

Sigrid
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 01:05 PM
But there are many other considerations, as important, that we have not
touched here.

Oh wow, what might those be ... :eek ?

Slå ring om Norge
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 01:09 PM
This thread has moved a little from the intentioned headline, we have come into genderoles, beerdrinking, differences in sexuality, etc.

But let us keep that roofheight on this thread, and let it consider questions that touches modern female lifestyle.

For other threads, we should keep more focused on the initiating headlines, as a general rule.

Blutwölfin
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 01:10 PM
So, as a conclusion, you say men are allowed to do almost everything (have a tattoo, have sex with blacks, drink a lot of beer and so on) while women are not?

Anyway, I wonder what makes you a specialist to tell females how they should live..

Slå ring om Norge
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Oh wow, what might those be ... :eek ?

Too much to carry for this thread, it must have some limits.

Ill rather come back to the differences on male/female sexuality in an own thread.

Sigurd
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 01:16 PM

Obvious!

"Quod licet Iovi, non licet bovi."

Since we are the Christian enforces, you are inferior. Thus, while we may loot, rape and pillage in the Moorish lands, you shall not be romanced by the bushmen! Since we are of this persuasion we are also within morals, and that means that we are all Jews, because we are all God's chosen people. But only the men. You women have to submit to us! Oh, and have you not read St. John's Gospel? It says there that good fruit can only come from a good tree, and since the bosom is a sign of fertility, you better have a large one otherwise you are even more inferior than the other sinners of your gender!

:doh

Wait, if we follow the above reasoning, do we not end up somewhere where the educated person asks, why if Eve gave Adam the apple, should she not already be impure enough and as such what is impure can never be pure. unless of course you pay enough money!
Oh, ladies you are in such big trouble, you are dogs and swine to my prophet of Allah! .... :D

PS: I know I am cynic, gotta live with it.
------------------------------------------------
Anyway, back on topic I cannot understand, Thore why you would like to sexually interfere with a women of Negroid descent but would deny such to awoman of your background to pursue such with a Negroid man?
Would you care to classify...?

Slå ring om Norge
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 01:25 PM
So, as a conclusion, you say men are allowed to do almost everything (have a tattoo, have sex with blacks, drink a lot of beer and so on) while women are not?

Anyway, I wonder what makes you a specialist to tell females how they should live..

Your conculsions are terriby wrong. It is intended subjective and extreme.
But principal, men are less vulrerable on the two latter joints. And for the tattoos, yes , men carries tattoos much better.

There is a difference, like it or not.

And I do certainly nowhere tell females to live, I express my opinion. Can you please be precise, and quote where you think I tell women how to live.

Or are your conclusion based on your own wishthinking upon what I should have written...;)

Blutwölfin
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 01:28 PM
I inform on this observations to give young females a chance to consider the long time effects.

Just one quote.
And the last thing I say in this therad: Read your posts and you will see that I might have exaggerated what you said a bit, but in the end it were your words.

Sigrid
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 01:29 PM
Is a black person just one big tattoo?

Death and the Sun
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Only technically, but yes. Definitively.

Sorry, TH, but I really do find this statement absolutely repulsive.

The question whether women should be "allowed" to drink beer is so inane even I won't touch it, but to suggest that it is permissible for white men to consort with negresses is ... pornographic.

I can look at, say, Venus Williams, and see a magnificent creature in its own way. But I cannot imagine being intimate with her, anymore than I can imagine being intimate with a prize-winning throughbred mare.

Sigurd
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 01:48 PM
I now reduce this thread to its proper topic.

The next person throwing around insults in here (and not looking at anyone in particular... :rolleyes: ) can be sure of being sanctioned in one way or another.

Slå ring om Norge
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Just one quote.
I inform on this observations to give young females a chance to consider the long time effects.

That`s the best you could manage?

Is that supposed to act as an example of me " telling females how to live their lives". ???:D

You lost on that, only thrells, backboneless or corrupted minds can give you any score on that...

Sorry, that does not underbuild your earlier eccusations, which leaves them as empty nonsens and an attempt to forge what is written above.

Sigurd
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 01:54 PM
Sorry, that does not underbuild your earlier eccusations, which leaves them as empty nonsens and an attempt to forge what is written above.

Yes, because you hit the edit button, they are no longer there. I have near-photographic memory, you cannot trick me on that one.

As regards the prescribed course of the thread: Please read this post: (http://www.blutundboden.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16197&postcount=66)

Plus, I would like to remind you not to personally insult members of the board. It is not only against the rules, but also detrimental to the harmony of the forum. So, in a friendly way, I ask you to please refrain from using ad homina.

Sigrid
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Back to the topic: here is a Pict couple from 400 AD. Note the woman is also tattooed.

http://www.vanishingtattoo.com/400adpicts.htm

juno
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 03:35 PM
here's my new tattoo, it was done yesterday

Weg
Wednesday, March 15th, 2006, 08:10 PM
It's a bit morbid. No? I'm wondering if I could make love to a woman with this long-haired skull under my eyes. But I can't tell before I tried.

More pics of your tatoos girls. :thumbsup :D

IvyLeaguer
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 12:47 AM
I have to admit...........

I am especially attracted to men with small bloodgrouping tattoos on the left arm.

The Horned God
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 01:15 AM
"bloodgrouping tatoos" What are these things? I've never heard of them.
I might consider getting one though if they are as effective at charming least some members the opposite sex as may be inferred by the effect they have on your good self! :D

Weg
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 02:36 AM
Blood grouping tattoos were popular among some members of a certain double letter black order.

brian
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 03:16 AM
Thanks for those involved in the arguments for keeping calm here. Reading through, I am happy calm has returned.

Sigrid
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 05:06 AM
Quite honestly if I saw a "blood grouping" or SS tattoo I would be put off completely. A tattoo is like wearing your psyche on your skin for everyone to see.

IvyLeaguer
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 05:37 AM
Look, it was only a joke. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

And this is just a FYI......please no one thrash me.......this thread was becoming negative and I was only trying to lighten up the mood...............

The bloodgrouping tattoos weren't meant to merely identify the individual with the SS. The purpose of the tattoo was to quickly identify the blood group of the soldier in case he was wounded in battle and needed immediate medical attention. The tattoo was not only used for SS members, but also for high ranking Wehrmacht officers. Also, not all SS members had this tattoo. Just a historical fact. Thank you.

Sigrid
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 06:24 AM
I'm glad you said that. Remember we all know what things were for. What we don't know is what is in people's heads. Wyrd is a function of words and actions and thoughts. You can set something in motion by a single word, an image, an attitude. Orlog binds these to the future and makes wyrd.

If you work positively with words, actions and thought you can really and successfully create wyrd, despite circumstances, despite bad luck, despite anything. So often destiny is a function of both external and internal co-operation. That is how significant a word or a picture or a thought can be. It can attach itself to something else and grow and become a situation.

You started it but then you ended it, or turned in another direction, so you, in a short space of time and with a few words, altered wyrd, ours and yours. You changed direction and motivation and outcome in your world. That is very serious and deep, don't you think?

It shows what power you, as an individual actually have. You are a powerhouse of potential. You can do almost anything if you are strong enough to take the consequences. Think what this means in terms of the future. Each individual can be one dynamic particle in a gathering drive for change and evolution. And the direction of that energy can be motivated by the thoughts and actions of the individual members.

It is no coincidence that Odin's ravens are called "Thought" and "Memory" and that through them he receives information about the state of the world. We are all products of thoughts and memories and therefore, so is a large part of our world. This has nothing to do with tattoos for women but if we want to change our lives and our destiny, we can motivate these by out thoughts and actions. To escape from a situation, change the way you think about it and yourself as part of it. The situation will come under your partial control and you can instigate new wyrd for yourself and what you need and desire. This can go either to positive or negative, depending often entirely on thought patterns and perceptions.

If there were any magic at all, it would be in this transformation of the individual into what he or she thinks and feels over and against what someone or something else may think and feel about the individual.

So if you always wanted to do something other than what you end up doing the best way to get what you always wanted is to start with a couple of words and an image and wyrd will happen.

The Horned God
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 06:37 AM
Look, it was only a joke. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

In that case a winking smilie would have been in ardor (oops! I mean in order! ;) :D )

IvyLeaguer
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 07:03 AM
In that case a winking smilie would have been in ardor (oops! I mean in order! ;) :D )

Is it too late to put one now? Here....;)

Anyway, to each his/her own. If one wants a tattoo, that's fine with me. If not, that's fine too. I am personally not tattooed and this form of bodyart would probably look silly on me anyway. At this point in my life, I'm just trying to maintain what's there and I'm not sure a picture on my skin, which would only draw attention to the forces of gravity, would work in my favor.:O

(As a side note......Horned God, what the Sam Hill is this smilie ":cosmocrap" ? Forgive my ignorance but who is this? Karl Marx??? I thought perhaps you could enlighten me since I'm new here.)

Siegfried
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 08:40 AM
(As a side note......Horned God, what the Sam Hill is this smilie ":cosmocrap" ? Forgive my ignorance but who is this? Karl Marx??? I thought perhaps you could enlighten me since I'm new here.)

It is a picture of "cosmocreator", a person who was a member of several fora and managed to get disliked by almost everyone on these fora who got to know him better.

Sigrid
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 09:21 AM
Siegfried, I went to look up this name but got tangled up in white nationalist argument fragments about a sort of cult called Cosmocreation (seemingly associated with the Kabbalah and "Satan" and satyrs, etc) and a certain forum personality by this name.

I saw people mentioning "nordicists" and people who rejected Mediterranean peoples and cultures, etc. There is obviously some sort of warfare between various right wing groups that amounts to a Cosmo conflict all on its own. Could you enlighten those of us who live in Midgard and the otherwise real world as to what is going on? Is it yet another troll group?

Siegfried
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 10:05 AM
Siegfried, I went to look up this name but got tangled up in white nationalist argument fragments about a sort of cult called Cosmocreation (seemingly associated with the Kabbalah and "Satan" and satyrs, etc) and a certain forum personality by this name.

The picture is of the forum personality. He has been a moderator over at TNP and Skadi, and ended up being banned from both.

I saw people mentioning "nordicists" and people who rejected Mediterranean peoples and cultures, etc. There is obviously some sort of warfare between various right wing groups that amounts to a Cosmo conflict all on its own. Could you enlighten those of us who live in Midgard and the otherwise real world as to what is going on? Is it yet another troll group?

As far as I know, the name "cosmocreator" is a blend of Cosmotheism and Creativity, two religious movements in the "White Nationalist" scene. Cosmotheism is a sort of pantheism which asserts the universe is evolving towards a perfect consciousness, and the white race is the spearhead of that evolution. It was founded by William Pierce, the man who started the National Alliance, a White Nationalist group in the United States that was somewhat successful until his death. Creativity, on the other hand, is basically atheist materialism and calls for a worldwide war between whites and coloureds, so our race can populate the entire earth. I personally consider Creativity a pseudo-religion.

Weg
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 10:13 AM
I would be put off completely

And why?...

Sigrid
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 10:56 AM
Siegfried, Cosmotheism was adopted and adapted by William Pierce in a white racial framework from the original Pantheism which is variously ancient and reviewed among different proponents.

I know Creativity. Had to find out about both these in my travels. Coming as I do from an academic matrix and a purely European Heathen worldview all this racial religion and racist consciousness is, for me, a bad omen and a veil over the sun. I am really concerned that it has managed to infiltrate so many young people's minds and in some cases started to affect their behaviour and belief systems about ordinary reality.

Thanks for the info. I presume the character known as "Comsotheist" is a victim of this. I have seen several others and felt a foreignness clouding things up but haven't been quite able to find its origin, as there are so many cults proliferating at the moment. I'm beginning to understand now and what I first picked up makes sense as I see it is a branch not a tree unto itself. Thanks. :)

Pantheism and its ramifications from Answers.com

http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?method=4&dsid=2297&dekey=pantheism&gwp=11&curtab=2297_1&linktext=Pantheism

Sigrid
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 11:00 AM
And why?...

Because I'm not a nazi. If I were one I suppose I'd be very excited.

PsycholgclMishap
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 04:39 PM
On my upper right arm:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/PsycholgclMishap/Nokia%203220/66608560.jpg

I apologize for the weird angle...

Weg
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Because I'm not a nazi. If I were one I suppose I'd be very excited.

But it'd not annoy you either since it's the guy you're with and not the blood grouping tattoo. :D

Sigrid
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Believe me it would annoy me.:)

Weg
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 05:50 PM
OK. Antifa? ;)

nordicdusk
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 05:59 PM
On my upper right arm:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/PsycholgclMishap/Nokia%203220/66608560.jpg

I apologize for the weird angle...
Very nice i must say.It is the Venom Black Metal album am i right?

Weg
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 06:16 PM
OK, it's an arm.

anaktas
Thursday, March 16th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Very nice i must say.It is the Venom Black Metal album am i right?
I'd say the same, but there is no pentagram on the forehead of the goatman.

Alkman
Saturday, March 18th, 2006, 11:45 AM
I definetelly do, unless they are so many that the girl looks like a newspaper.

Eisenmann
Saturday, March 18th, 2006, 11:48 AM
I could pretend to "like" one for a night, who cares, and then spit her out after use.:D we need more guys honoring this way of thinking.........

getting beaten some sense in them.

Gagnraad
Saturday, March 18th, 2006, 04:14 PM
']we need more guys honoring this way of thinking.........

getting beaten some sense in them.
That way of thinking is disgusting IMO.

Ethelwulf
Saturday, March 18th, 2006, 04:19 PM
I don't mind some of them, and some are nice. However, the standard tribal tattoo on the lower back that so many girls seem to have in the US is not really a turn-off, but it is not really anything that amazing.

Eisenmann
Saturday, March 18th, 2006, 04:54 PM
That way of thinking is disgusting IMO.so you are saying his way of thinking is acceptable? Or am I falsely interpreting your post and did you mean to say that the way of thinking the topic opener has is disgusting?

Sigurd
Saturday, March 18th, 2006, 04:59 PM
I don't mind some of them, and some are nice. However, the standard tribal tattoo on the lower back that so many girls seem to have in the US is not really a turn-off, but it is not really anything that amazing.

ah....
"Arschgeweih".

Know it all to well. :doh

At least one of my mates, she wanted to do it deliberately different, and got herself a tribal on the front...:D

anaktas
Saturday, March 18th, 2006, 05:10 PM
That way of thinking is disgusting IMO.
I am on your side, Viking. :thumbsup

Gagnraad
Saturday, March 18th, 2006, 07:40 PM
']so you are saying his way of thinking is acceptable? Or am I falsely interpreting your post and did you mean to say that the way of thinking the topic opener has is disgusting?

Well, to "use" girls, is for me, alien. I become disgusted that there are people in this fucked-up world that take pleasure in "using" someone.
Women should be treated with respect, and to "use" a woman is pretty disrespectfull...

Eisenmann
Saturday, March 18th, 2006, 08:05 PM
all right mate... your post implied to me that you ment what I was saying was a bad thing. but now I understand that we share the same opinion. ;)

Blutwölfin
Saturday, March 18th, 2006, 08:34 PM
']so you are saying his way of thinking is acceptable? Or am I falsely interpreting your post and did you mean to say that the way of thinking the topic opener has is disgusting?

Gagnraad does not support the way of thinking of Thore Hund.

Gagnraad
Saturday, March 18th, 2006, 08:38 PM
You heard the lady :)

Eisenmann
Saturday, March 18th, 2006, 08:54 PM
Gagnraad does not support the way of thinking of Thore Hund.Jawohl. Verstanden.;)

Sigurd
Saturday, March 18th, 2006, 09:31 PM

I wonder why... :D

Alizon Device
Saturday, March 18th, 2006, 10:06 PM
Tattoos on females? Yes, that's fine by me. :)

newenstad
Sunday, March 19th, 2006, 12:49 AM
My girlfriend has a very little tattoo. It´s about 2 x 1cm and if anyone would call her a marked chick - I would break his f***ing nose...:mad:

Weg
Sunday, March 19th, 2006, 12:51 AM
My girlfriend has a very little tattoo. It´s about 2 x 1cm and if anyone would call her a marked chick - I would break his f***ing nose...:mad:

May I dare to ask what does it represent?

newenstad
Sunday, March 19th, 2006, 12:53 AM
A little woodstock...

Weg
Sunday, March 19th, 2006, 01:03 AM
Peanuts'. Cute. :)

Sigrid
Sunday, March 19th, 2006, 06:47 AM
Well, to "use" girls, is for me, alien. I become disgusted that there are people in this fucked-up world that take pleasure in "using" someone.
Women should be treated with respect, and to "use" a woman is pretty disrespectfull...

And it works the other way around too. Women will respect men, but it makes it hard to do this when they are so keen to place us in the world as some kind of inferior pack animal. Of course, the Mountain King will have enough girls for a harem if he grows up with such an attitude. Good luck, my Lord, I hope you get the princess of the dawn.

PsycholgclMishap
Monday, March 20th, 2006, 05:03 PM
I'd say the same, but there is no pentagram on the forehead of the goatman.

I know! The tattoo artist forgot to add it. He recently e-mailed me and said he'd add it for free and give me a touch-up for free.

anaktas
Monday, March 20th, 2006, 09:26 PM
I agree with you, Viking, and I will add this: I do not want to be "used" by girls. So, I do not "use" girls. It is against my principles.

:hveðrungur:
Tuesday, March 21st, 2006, 06:29 AM
I don't mind tattoos on a woman as long as it isnt "too much", a woman having a tattoo will only bother me if it's a stupid tattoo but if its something meaningfull ill be more prone to it not bothering me. I am still trying to decide if I want to get tattoos myself. One thing I cannot stand though is the stupid and very cliche lowerback / above the ass "stripper tattoo" so many girls get. Could you get anymore trendy than that? It also, at least to me screams "Whore" when I meet a woman with a tattoo in that spot.

Ewergrin
Tuesday, March 21st, 2006, 02:11 PM
I don't mind tattoos on a woman as long as it isnt "too much", a woman having a tattoo will only bother me if it's a stupid tattoo but if its something meaningfull ill be more prone to it not bothering me. I am still trying to decide if I want to get tattoos myself. One thing I cannot stand though is the stupid and very cliche lowerback / above the ass "stripper tattoo" so many girls get. Could you get anymore trendy than that? It also, at least to me screams "Whore" when I meet a woman with a tattoo in that spot.

There's a new cream (http://viral.lycos.co.uk/attachments/3282/SNL_Tattoo.wmv) out for that, now. :D

Sigurd
Tuesday, March 21st, 2006, 08:08 PM

Friend of mine, to go against the trend, got it down at the front...

Hmmm, anyway, yes, if tattoos are meaningful then one should quite have them. if they are some nonsense, why bother? Why waste your money AND skin for some weird tribal that you pulled off the third row, seventh place on the standard chart?

Sad thing remains that in the month after he got the grim reaper done on his leg, another friend of mine found out he had cancer... :( Prophetic ?

Ethelwulf
Wednesday, March 22nd, 2006, 02:03 AM
ah....
"Arschgeweih".

Know it all to well. :doh

At least one of my mates, she wanted to do it deliberately different, and got herself a tribal on the front...:D

hehe, well that works just fine then. Generally, if I'm attracted to her overall a tattoo really won't mess it up unless they are really horribly done.

Brynhild
Monday, November 12th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Hi all,

I know body art has been around for many millennia but where did it actually originate?

Was wondering if anybody has tattoos, what they think of them, where they might have them....:D

I have 2 of them. One is of a swallow that is on my right hip. The other is of a dragon that I have on my heart. I was born in the wood dragon year of 1964, and I've always had an affinity for them.

I'm toying with the idea of having one more, probably on my wrist. It could be the eye of Horus, I haven't quite decided on that.

Heil
Jenni

Leof
Monday, November 12th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Greeting Brynhild,

This is a good thread idea. I have recently got the icelandic swastika tattooed on my right leg. It's rather small though so I plan on having it made bigger but it was my first so I wanted to know if it was something I would like or not.

I don't know where they originated but I do know there is an account by an arab of the Rús being tattooed from their necks down to their finger tips. Also the vikings practiced tooth marking for some unknown reason. Maybe to make them look more viscious when they smile.

I plan on forking over a ton of cash eventually for a tattoo that will be on my chest, shoulders and upper arms. It's going to be some elaborate knotwork with animals and dragons worked into it. It's such an obvious idea and yet I never see anyone get it done.

uniiited
Friday, January 25th, 2008, 03:06 PM
I have:

Right arm: Laurel wreath and "Oi!" and a skinhead girl.
Left arm: Unicorn.
Neck: "proud and united" and a swastika.
Shoulder: "Your name".
Legs: "Skinhead".
Lip: "skins".
Hands: A crucifix on my finger.

The nicest art I know :D

Phlegethon
Friday, January 25th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Useful tattoos: "R" and "L" on hand and feet, "This side up", "Front", "Back" and telephone number may also help.

ÆinvargR
Friday, January 25th, 2008, 07:30 PM
I have a few tattoos aswell on the Chest and Arms, mostly Paganistic Symbolics and Drawings.
Show them, bitte? :)

I have a tattoo myself, three crowns on my left arm/shoulder. A national symbol (http://forums.skadi.net/redirector.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sr.s e%2Fdiverse%2Fappdata%2Fisidor%2Fimages% 2Fnews_images%2F179%2F66445_360_247.jpg) . Maybe too "nationalistic" in the sense "not pre-christian" for my taste nowadays, but it's pretty stylish on me I think and also associated with the army and the hockey team.

Gefjon
Friday, January 25th, 2008, 07:45 PM
I've got only one tattoo, a German eagle on my back. It isn't very big as I like to be able to conceal it when needed. :D

Imperator X
Friday, January 25th, 2008, 07:51 PM
right eye of Ra on my right shoulder, and "Kalidas" written in Devanagari on my left pectoral.

mischak
Friday, January 25th, 2008, 08:54 PM
I have none and would never get any either. Generally, I find them trashy and tacky looking, and it's very rare that I find one to be tasteful looking.

Hermelin
Friday, January 25th, 2008, 10:07 PM
I have none and would never get any either. Generally, I find them trashy and tacky looking, and it's very rare that I find one to be tasteful looking.

I'm the same :p

Brynhild
Saturday, January 26th, 2008, 12:08 AM

I'm the same :p

Fair enough. There seems to be a lot of people, however, who don't have a problem with them, including myself. I admit to not liking them all over a person, but I like unique designs that stand out in the right part of a person's body.

What I do know of them is in ancient times, people were marked in a way to signify their tribe. Maoris still place such an importance on this practise.

The final one I would really like to have is a triskel symbolising maiden, mother and crone. It would also have a dual meaning for myself with the holy trinity and I would have my three kids' names forming a circle around the triskel.

The only tattoos I would object to (but what other people do is their business) is having your lover's name anywhere on your body - simply because you may break up with them, and you would have to go through some considerable expense - and pain - to be rid of that name.

Galloglaich
Saturday, January 26th, 2008, 12:51 AM
I have a band of knotwork around my upper left bicep. There is a fylfot in the center of the knots. I got it about 18 years ago (before I was even 18, my mom FREAKED). It was supposed to be part of a big ornate piece, but for some reason I never had the rest done (even though I paid for the whole piece). The artist still has a shop intown & is a friend of mine, maybe someday I'll go over have it finished. In the meantime, I think of ideas that I never seem to have done.

Phlegethon
Saturday, January 26th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Ran out of paper and had to take a few notes.

http://miki.hg.pl/images/prison/prison_break2.jpg

Gefjon
Saturday, January 26th, 2008, 11:44 AM

LOL cmon this is from the TV series Prison Break, he had to tattoo himself to have the plans of the prison to help him escape. Not something real. ;)

Esther_Helena
Saturday, January 26th, 2008, 11:45 AM
I don't have any. Personally, I don't mind them. (Provided they are tasteful and look decent.) I agree - no lover's names.
I'm thinking about getting a heart with three colors or three hearts to represent my siblings.
The only thing is:
1. Tattoos aren't regarded highly in my ... culture. (I guess that's the word I'm looking for.)
2. Any visible tattoos could lower my job prospects. I don't want to risk not getting hired for a job because of a tattoo.
3. I fear I may be too much of a wuss to handle it. I remember getting my second earring holes (earlobes) when I was 13. I cried like a baby because it hurt so much. :o Incidentally I've had dental work requiring needles done dozens of times and that never really bothered me.

Although now would be a good time, considering all the tattoo parlors near me. One just opened up recently that I could literally walk to if I wanted.

Phlegethon
Saturday, January 26th, 2008, 02:02 PM
LOL cmon this is from the TV series Prison Break, he had to tattoo himself to have the plans of the prison to help him escape. Not something real. ;)

Why would someone with an alleged eidetic recall have to get tattooed anyway? TV scripts are so damn illogical.

“You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, neither shall you make on yourselves any figures or marks. I am the Lord” (Lev. 19:28)

The doctrines of the council of Calcuth (787) still apply for us old-schoolers.

Tattoos still are for skanks, prostitutes, seamen and criminals.

Lyfing
Saturday, January 26th, 2008, 02:51 PM
I have a valknut on my left shoulder, a bindrune on my right shoulder, and a good ole' swastika on my solar plexus..:)

Later,
-Lyfing

Oski
Saturday, January 26th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Why would someone with an alleged eidetic recall have to get tattooed anyway? TV scripts are so damn illogical.

“You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, neither shall you make on yourselves any figures or marks. I am the Lord” (Lev. 19:28)

The doctrines of the council of Calcuth (787) still apply for us old-schoolers.

Tattoos still are for skanks, prostitutes, seamen and criminals.

Glad I'm a criminal or I'd have to get some removal done...

Mrs. Lyfing
Saturday, January 26th, 2008, 05:59 PM
I don't have any,I have been tempted a few times but always chickened out,I went with a few people getting them,& I have had a couple things pierced so I was tempted then too,but probably never will...I do LIKE them tho.:)

Esther_Helena
Sunday, January 27th, 2008, 09:14 AM
I'm contemplating a back of the neck tattoo, but I wouldn't be able to see it without a mirror. Although on the other hand it would be easier to hide.

I just had to get a new tattoo parlor as a neighbor, didn't I? :p
I know there are 2 tattoo parlors near me. Maybe 3. I know one closed down recently.
I did find the new parlor's myspace site. I must say, I do like the work. It's actually pretty.

The Horned God
Sunday, January 27th, 2008, 10:13 AM
While I don't see anything morally wrong with having a tattoo, I know of no motto or symbol that I feel the need to have printed indelibly into my skin.

If a woman I knew had a tattoo, (or lots of them), I'm sorry to say I might think less of her, somehow. There's just something about tattoo's and tattoo parlours that seems cheap and tacky, it's the ultimate in tacky really, from my point of view.

An exception to this might be if it is done as part of a religion, say paganism for instance, in that case, while still not much appreciating the aesthetic effect, I could at least respect the motive behind it.

Hanna
Sunday, January 27th, 2008, 01:02 PM
I would never consider having one, because as we grow older, in another word, gravitation theory ,the skin will start sagging and it wouldn't be a nice view.:)

ÆinvargR
Sunday, January 27th, 2008, 06:44 PM
I would never consider having one, because as we grow older, in another word, gravitation theory ,the skin will start sagging and it wouldn't be a nice view.
The saggy skin won't be a nice view without a tattoo either anyway ;)

Hanna
Sunday, January 27th, 2008, 06:49 PM
The saggy skin won't be a nice view without a tattoo either anyway ;)

I meant the tattoo,not the subject, one suppose to grow old gracefully both men and women.

Old Winter
Thursday, January 31st, 2008, 08:07 PM
I have none, not planning to get one either.

I do however have allot of printed t-shirts :p

CrystalRose
Sunday, June 1st, 2008, 12:41 AM
i have one and a few more in the works dedicated to family.

check it out.. :D

http://www.tattooarchive.com/history/german_tattoo_attractions.htm (http://forums.skadi.net/redirector.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tatt ooarchive.com%2Fhistory%2Fgerman_tattoo_ attractions.htm)

While I don't see anything morally wrong with having a tattoo, I know of no motto or symbol that I feel the need to have printed indelibly into my skin.

If a woman I knew had a tattoo, (or lots of them), I'm sorry to say I might think less of her, somehow. There's just something about tattoo's and tattoo parlours that seems cheap and tacky, it's the ultimate in tacky really, from my point of view.

An exception to this might be if it is done as part of a religion, say paganism for instance, in that case, while still not much appreciating the aesthetic effect, I could at least respect the motive behind it.

do your parents have tattoos? or any close relative..?

The Horned God
Sunday, June 1st, 2008, 01:18 AM
do your parents have tattoos? or any close relative..?

Do my parents have Tattoos? Yes, my mother has a really tasteful one right above her ass. ;)

Apart from my mothers, (which exists only in my fairly deplorable imagination btw), that there are no other examples of tattoos in my family.

CrystalRose
Sunday, June 1st, 2008, 02:51 AM
Do my parents have Tattoos? Yes, my mother has a really tasteful one right above her ass. ;)

Apart from my mothers, (which exists only in my fairly deplorable imagination btw), that there are no other examples of tattoos in my family.

my mom didn't get tattooed until her late 30's which was sort of odd in my opinion considering most people get them in their more rebellious times in life. :D
i waited until i was 21 to get my first tattoo, gave it a little more thought after i turned 18. :D i think tattoos can look tasteful while others look trashy but that's just a matter of opinion. it's your skin! but i wouldn't get a tattoo under the influence of any mind-altering substance that's for sure!

i'd be happy to lend him some paper! ;D

Hrodnand
Wednesday, July 23rd, 2008, 03:44 PM
And where is stated or written that tattooing had a tradition among old germanics?:confused:

Dagna
Wednesday, July 23rd, 2008, 03:58 PM
And where is stated or written that tattooing had a tradition among old germanics?:confused:
Tattoos were common among ancient peoples, especially the Celts, Germans, and Slavs often used body decorations.
Ibn Fahdlan mentions in his "Risala" that many of the Vikings living in Russia had tattoos from their fingers to their necks and in western Russia frozen human bodies have been found that had tattoos of snakes, horses, trees, and swirling patterns.
It is believed that tattoos were made with sharp objects (for scars), fire (for burnmarks), or ink (for detailed drawings), temporary tattoos may have also been used for rituals and there are reports of Vikings decorating their bodies with runes, this kind of temporary tattoos did not have to be permanent so they may have been created with paint that could be washed off again.
After the Christianization of Europe tattoos were condemned as a sign of heathenism and even today tattoos are seen as something that is only used by criminals and proletarians, it can even get you fired in some professions.

http://www.geocities.com/reginheim/everydaylife.html

Gorm the Old
Wednesday, July 23rd, 2008, 04:21 PM
I have none, mainly because I didn't like the few people I knew who had them. Early on, I came to associate them with brutal vulgar men. Until recently, women very rarely wore tattoos. Also, until recently, most tattoo limners were notably lacking in artistic talent.

Of late, I have seen a few well-executed really artistic tattoos, much more tastefully done than those which turned me off as a child. They look good on a young person. However, I have seen men in their 60's with tattoos which certainly did nothing to enhance their appearence, to put it mildly.

I suggest that anyone considering having a tattoo done ask him/herself the question. "Will this look good on me when I'm 60 or will it look incongruous or absurd ?"

CrystalRose
Saturday, September 27th, 2008, 05:47 AM
Betty Broadbent

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee40/melochampa/tattoo2.jpg

Tattooed Woman,
German Circus

Rainraven
Saturday, September 27th, 2008, 09:07 AM
I think it's important that tattoos have meaning, a lot of girls I knew from school wanted things like stars and butterflies and they're the tattoos that people regret when they are older. If the tattoo has some sort of meaning or sybolism then it will always be special to you.

I haven't got one but I do want to, I'm just waiting for the right thing to come along :)