PDA

View Full Version : Important Wars - Animated by Days or Years

Leliana
Wednesday, March 8th, 2017, 12:05 AM
Hey there,

I've found some really interesting animated maps showing the process of important wars by day(!!!)! :wtf I'll share some with you, always good to discover some new aspects I haven't known.

Word War 1 - Progress By Day

-wGQGEOTf4E

My note: Not one single day Germany had to fight on own territory, still lost the war. And can you see how Paul Von Lettow-Vorbeck and his small German troop trolls the British in Tanzania in Oct. 1918 afer armistice? :rofl Epic Guerilla warfare!

World War 2 - Progress by Day

WOVEy1tC7nk

My note: Aww, what could have been...:|

The American Civil War - Progress By Day

zBr3QeVPv2M

My note: Seems like the Confeds had not much chances at all esp. after the Union took the Mississippi and with that dreadful sea blockade all the time, meh.

The Great Northern War - Progess By Fortnight

3p5hNsxeE7o

Honorable mention: The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire By Year

w5zYpWcz1-E

My note: Somehow sad to watch. Started tiny, remained for millenia and vanished tiny.

Hundreds of more videos on their channel: Click (https://www.youtube.com/user/EmperorTigerstar/videos)

Juthunge
Wednesday, March 8th, 2017, 12:57 AM
Very fascinating but you forgot to include one of the most important ones, though. Scroll to 1.50:
1WLn1BulfeQ&feature=youtu.be&t=110
Paris reached without even infringing on Benelux neutrality. ;)

Also interesting:
oWWLECJnylM
Sad to see, how the HRR ended.

Leliana
Wednesday, March 8th, 2017, 12:48 PM
Very fascinating but you forgot to include one of the most important ones, though.

Aww yes, I know. :( There are many fascinating ones, like the Prussian-Bavarian war btw :P but hey, it was almost 3 at night and I was too tired to include all interesting ones from our German perspective.

That mapmaker has some really good skills. It must be a heapload of work to precisely mark the maps and territorial wins and losses by progress. The 20th century seems to be exact and maybe the rest, too, taking into consideration all available ressources we have nowadays ofc.

Juthunge
Wednesday, March 8th, 2017, 02:28 PM
Aww yes, I know. :( There are many fascinating ones, like the Prussian-Bavarian war btw :P but hey, it was almost 3 at night and I was too tired to include all interesting ones from our German perspective.

That mapmaker has some really good skills. It must be a heapload of work to precisely mark the maps and territorial wins and losses by progress. The 20th century seems to be exact and maybe the rest, too, taking into consideration all available ressources we have nowadays ofc.
Hehe, don’t worry, I was joking. :P
As you said, there are hundreds of interesting videos on this channel, it’s impossible even to include a fraction of them in a single post. ;)
I've moved this to the History subforum, btw, as it's too interesting and specific for the Lounge.

The mapmaking is even more impressive if one considers, that he apparently only uses paint to draw all the back and forth. He must have very good nerves and a lot of time at hand. All I've seen so far seems fairly accurate, too.

This is an interesting war too, as it was pretty much a Germano-Romanic war:
YdII98Ct9Gg
The Nine Years' War (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine_Years%27_War) would be actually even more interesting for that, as it was an even clearer case but unfortunately, out of all wars, he hasn't covered that one. Which I don't actually understand as he was covered much smaller ones already.

Finally, something for our American members. I’m looking at you, HoM and SB ;).
Zadq5dl2G8Q

Leliana
Wednesday, March 8th, 2017, 08:05 PM
I've moved this to the History subforum, btw, as it's too interesting and specific for the Lounge.
That's okay, I just posted it into the Lounge because I thought more members could see it then.

The mapmaking is even more impressive if one considers, that he apparently only uses paint to draw all the back and forth. He must have very good nerves and a lot of time at hand. All I've seen so far seems fairly accurate, too.
It must be a total map nerd. :grspam Hundred of maps of conflicts and developments all around the world of the last 3000 years, from Africa and Asia to Europe and America. He must be a retired professor of History or something like that. I don't think that a 'modern' young computer freak and IT expert would use MS Paint for his graphics...:)

I think he could be a good addition to Skadi. He seems not very 'unsympathetic' to our German(ic) cause, considering his nickname and avatar. :ehm

'EmperorTigerstar'
https://yt3.ggpht.com/-2lPgkx9gaVg/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAAAA/T0QFvsdtzUw/s100-c-k-no-mo-rj-c0xffffff/photo.jpg

Cat with Pickelhaube, lol. :D

Juthunge
Wednesday, March 8th, 2017, 10:07 PM
He must be a retired professor of History or something like that. I don't think that a 'modern' young computer freak and IT expert would use MS Paint for his graphics...:)

I think he could be a good addition to Skadi. He seems not very 'unsympathetic' to our German(ic) cause, considering his nickname and avatar. :ehm

'EmperorTigerstar'
https://yt3.ggpht.com/-2lPgkx9gaVg/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAAAA/T0QFvsdtzUw/s100-c-k-no-mo-rj-c0xffffff/photo.jpg

Cat with Pickelhaube, lol. :D
Or perhaps he’s also a Swabian, too stingy to buy Photoshop, when Paint will do with a „little“ more effort. I could certainly imagine doing that. :P

He certainly sounds like a teacher/professor here but actually not very old as such:
Ev8f5CMc4gM
lzlp3zkgC1w
Considering the reach of his videos, he regularly seem to get 300.000-1.500.000 hits, it would certainly help to have the Streifenkatze on our side. ;)