PDA

View Full Version : Christian Spiritual Quotes

Taras Bulba
Friday, November 24th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Inspiring words from a 20th century Ruthenian matyr, words I take to heart deeply, even though many here might voice skepticism.

"I am certain that at the end truth will triumph over lies, and love will overcome hatred. I do not hate my enemies. I would like to bring them closer to Christ, of course not by force or deceit but by love and truth." - Bl. Bishop Paul P. Gojdich

http://www.carpatho-rusyn.org/spirit/gojdich.jpg[/

Taras Bulba
Friday, November 24th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Statements from Saint Thérèse of Lisieux, the "Little Flower":

http://www.scborromeo.org/images/saints/therese2.jpg

"Be not afraid to tell Jesus that you love Him; even though it be without feeling, this is the way to oblige Him to help you, and carry you like a little child too feeble to walk."

"O my God, Thou knowest I have never desired but to love Thee alone. I seek no other glory. Thy Love has gone before me from my childhood, it has grown with my growth, and now it is an abyss the depths of which I cannot fathom."

"To be without Jesus is a grevious hell, and to be with Jesus a sweet paradise."

Taras Bulba
Friday, November 24th, 2006, 08:59 PM
Moving words from the blessed St. Padre Pio, one of the grest spiritual figures of the 20th century. :)

"Do not worry over things that generate preoccupation, and anxiety. One thing only is necessary: to lift up your spirit and love God."

"Often place your confidence in Divine Providence and be assured that sooner Heaven and earth shall pass away than that the Lord neglect to protect you."

"My past, O Lord, to your mercy; my present, to your love; my future, to your Providence!"

"The most beautiful credo is that which come from your lips in darkness, in sacrifice, in pain, in the supreme effort of an unbending will for good. It is this which, like a stroke of lightning, penetrates the darkness of the soul; it is this which in the flash of the tempest lifts you and leads you to God."

"Bear in mind that the more the enemy (devil) assaults you, the closer God is to your soul. Think about, and penetrate this great and comforting truth."

"Continue to pray that God may console you when you feel that the weight of the Cross is becoming too burdensome. Acting thus you are not doing anything against the will of God, but are with the Son of God, who in the garden, asked his Father for some relief."

"Pray, hope and don't worry. Anxiety doesn't help at all. Our Merciful Lord will listen to your prayer."

"The gates of Heaven are open for all creatures.(who repent) Remember Mary Magdalene."

"The longer the trial to which God subjects you, the greater the goodness in comforting you during the time of the trial and in the exaltation after the combat."