PDA

View Full Version : Ideal Beauty Throughout History

Nachtengel
Friday, October 14th, 2016, 08:15 PM
Although we argue beauty is not really subjective, the definition of ideal beauty changed throughout time. Ideal body type, makeup, clothing changed sometimes radically from era to era.

Which one is your favorite ideal type of beauty and which should be ideally be practiced by Germanic women?

Xrp0zJZu0a4

t__RhUyZMDM

g08-_NExOX0

i8e5D83P6UI

97iptVO7p6Q

W48QiIDsWrg

OFzBw14XjXM

SpearBrave
Saturday, October 15th, 2016, 12:29 AM
To a great extent most men's view of what is beautiful in a woman is very subjected and most younger men think what they are told to think is beautiful. An example of this is Kim Kardashian, the media tells young men that this woman is beautiful, yet she is one of the ugliest females on the planet.

A woman's beauty is in how they carry themselves. If they are confident in who they are and their inner personality is good it will always shine through in her looks. I have seen overweight( not obese ) women that are beautiful and I have seen extremely thin women that are beautiful. It really depends on the carriage of their personality.

BTW I have a problem with the first video as most of them were racial others and it is hard for me to tell what exactly what agenda it was pushing.
It is well known that ancient Egyptians were not negroes. The Greek woman looked jewish.

Huginn ok Muninn
Saturday, October 15th, 2016, 11:35 AM
Sadly, neither women nor men can change the genetics they were dealt, and that has more to do with your body type than anything else. We are all Ectomorph, Endomorph, and Mesomorph in different proportions. Some women have curvy hips and some are less curvy. Some women have big breasts or a round butt, some don't, etc. These are interesting things, but ultimately superficial.

It's really what you do to yourself that's more indicative of your character, and that's what a mate has to live with. We're all a mixed bag, but if you have graffiti tattooed all over you, stupid body mods, you're way too fat, way too skinny, or you have an unattractive face or too much makeup, that's what kills it for me. The more natural, the better.

Wulfaz
Saturday, October 15th, 2016, 03:14 PM
The beauty ideal are depended on the genes, the closely enviroment of the man, the tv, the internet. I have experienced that my beauty ideal looks like the women in my closely enviroment and my genes. My best is Caroline Winberg Swedish Haute Coutur model. She unifices all the traits, the gesture, the clothing what I think ideal.

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/wennpic/caroline-winberg-uk-premiere-burnt-01.jpg

Mother Earth
Saturday, October 15th, 2016, 04:27 PM
According to cosmetic medicine surveys, it depends who you ask. Men and women have differing opinions on what it takes to be "ideally beautiful".

For women, the ideal will be a fashion model's body, a tall, willowy body with a modest bustline, a small waist-to-hip ratio, and thin, muscled thighs. According to women's ideal of the perfect female body, she should be 70 inches tall, have a BMI of 16.5 (underweight BMI), and have a hip size that is just 46 percent larger than her waist size.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-aEYft1qGoI4/U2IabFTTHxI/AAAAAAAAAb8/tjrDLeem3kI/s1600/tem.jpg

Men, however, will generally prefer women with curvier, hourglass bodies. They prefer women with larger breasts, a small waist and larger hips and thighs. The most attractive waist size is one that is 60 to 70 percent of the hip size, according to studies that included men from all over the world. In fact, looking at curvy women caused the pleasure centres of men's brains to light up, in a response not dissimilar to the effects of cocaine and heroin. No wonder that men spend over $3 billion annually on pictures, magazines, videos and websites featuring women with small waists and curvy hips such as those who become Playboy Playmates.

What makes 'childbearing hips' so irresistible to men? Most men would not be aware of how evolution has designed them to prefer women that have the greatest ability to conceive, birth and raise children with the best chance of survival. Besides the fact that wider hips means a woman is more likely to survive childbirth, a small waist and curvy lower body also means that a woman has the right kind of fat for a healthy pregnancy. Fat stored in the hips and thighs is the kind that stores DHA, the omega-3 fatty acid that is the most abundant in the human brain.

http://cosmedmd.blogspot.com/2014/05/what-is-ideal-female-body-shape-and-why.html

Siebenbürgerin
Thursday, October 20th, 2016, 07:49 PM
I've said my thoughts before, I think a beautiful person is a healthy person and a happy, radiating, confident person. :)

Women don't need to look like models and be ultra thin to be pretty. In fact most surveys reveal the obsession with thinness is unnatural and unreal. The scheme you posted, Mother Earth, verifies that, the ideal model thought by men is a few sizes more than the one by women. Men prefer some curves on a woman. Of course I'm not meaning fat by this, but a few extra kg from the average is not an end of the world either. Women should be giving their bodies a little break. In fact most models and celebrities in magazines and ads are photoshopped/airbrushed.

Alice
Friday, November 23rd, 2018, 10:00 AM
I cannot speculate about which type of beauty should be ideally practiced by Germanic women, but my favorite ideal of female beauty is one that was favored during the Middle Ages, especially during the cult of chivalry and the tradition of courtly love. Most of the women described by Chaucer, Chrétien de Troyes, Arnaut Daniel and Baldwin of Canterbury are blonde, fair skinned, and grey eyed, but their physical beauty was a reflection of their moral beauty.

Finnish Swede
Friday, November 23rd, 2018, 10:32 AM
Ideal Beauty? To whom?

Personally I'm not very fashionable girl (I buy less clothes than average city girls .... but I always buy good qualities/brands ... timeless/traditional clothes),
I don't use lots of make ups either, and I'm much too short => I'm hardly any kind of ideal beauty for model/fashion world. LOL.

Astragoth
Friday, November 23rd, 2018, 01:17 PM
Define beauty. I've met women with ultra hot bodies with a noxious personality and I've met plainer women with more inner beauty and i can
honestly say I'd much rather have the latter. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's noticed that a hot body often comes with a noxious personality.
I like those fashion videos By the way.

Finnish Swede
Friday, November 23rd, 2018, 01:24 PM
Define beauty. I've met women with ultra hot bodies with a noxious personality and I've met plainer women with more inner beauty and i can
honestly say I'd much rather have the latter. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's noticed that a hot body often comes with a noxious personality.
I like those fashion videos By the way.

What is noxious personality and what is't?

Beastly/firecracker persons are ''noxious'', right? Oh, I'm ''noxious'', even proud of that. LOL.

Astragoth
Friday, November 23rd, 2018, 01:29 PM
What is noxious personality and what is't?

Beastly/firecracker persons are ''noxious'', right? By then I'm ''noxious'', even proud of that. LOL.

You really need me to explain this to you? I'd rather have a 5 or a 6 with a feminine ladylike attitude
that a 10 that's a complete c@#t.

Finnish Swede
Friday, November 23rd, 2018, 01:31 PM
You really need me to explain this to you? I'd rather have a 5 or a 6 with a feminine ladylike attitude
that a 10 that's a complete c@#t.

No, but now as asking .... you could explain what ''complete c@#t'' means?

Astragoth
Friday, November 23rd, 2018, 01:42 PM
No, but now as asking .... you could explain what ''complete c@#t'' means?
It doesn't take long for men to notice that the women with the best looks think they can't get away with the most crap.

Finnish Swede
Friday, November 23rd, 2018, 02:14 PM
It doesn't take long for men to notice that the women with the best looks think they can't get away with the most crap.

Now "crap"?
You are using "words here and words there"; more concreteness is needed.

Gareth Lee Hunter
Friday, November 23rd, 2018, 04:28 PM
A tall, leggy, model type 'friend' I know informed me while discussing this matter that she is less trusting of men because most men she has encountered are just after her for sex, rather than serious involvement. So her appearance was often less of an asset and more of a hindrance to her romantic success.

I think this could be the reason so many exceptionally attractive women appear to be cold and aloof around strange men.