PDA

View Full Version : Ugly Fashion Trends

Bärin
Monday, August 22nd, 2016, 07:58 PM
One which ticks me off is leggings as pants. Despite that even most fashionistas advise against wearing leggings as pants, I see them everywhere. Even if you're slim, they still can look bad. It's a sign of decadence and feminism. :thumbdown

Which fashion trends that are common/popular but just plain ugly do you detest?

Shadow
Monday, August 22nd, 2016, 10:01 PM
How about men (boys) wearing their pants so low the are below their butt line? How about wanna be Cholos wearing hair nets to make their hair flow back like a prison haircut? How about Mexican girls outlining their lips with eye pencil makeup? How about a tear tattoo if one of your homies dies? How about those silly little skull caps black people wear?

Hersir
Tuesday, August 23rd, 2016, 12:54 AM
Hipsters with man-buns and wearing "lumberjack" shirts. I doubt most of them ever even held an axe or split wood.

Thusnelda
Tuesday, August 23rd, 2016, 08:50 PM
Hipsters with man-buns and wearing "lumberjack" shirts. I doubt most of them ever even held an axe or split wood.
They should be killed with fire. :( Seriously, these types are urban dwellers with absolutely no knowledge of rural life but pose as if they come straight from the frozen forests of British Columbia...:thumbdown I think they canīt even distinguish a goat from a sheep.

SpearBrave
Wednesday, August 24th, 2016, 01:09 AM

They should be killed with fire. Seriously, these types are urban dwellers with absolutely no knowledge of rural life but pose as if they come straight from the frozen forests of British Columbia... I think they canīt even distinguish a goat from a sheep.

Yes, I agree with all of the above. Hipsters come and go and change their style on a whim. For a while they were trying to wear little handle bar mustaches and I even quit putting wax in mine so that people would not think I was a hipster, besides theirs was only a puny attempt at a truly great piece of manliness.:P

Shadow
Wednesday, August 24th, 2016, 01:25 AM
I am in the forest sawing, splitting, hauling etc., and I don't even think about fashion. People here just don't. People come skiing and wear fashions, people who ski and live here just wear what they have on. Hunters come here and wear expensive camo/hunting gear. The old country boys who hunt just wear what they always wear.

SpearBrave
Wednesday, August 24th, 2016, 02:12 AM
I am in the forest sawing, splitting, hauling etc., and I don't even think about fashion. People here just don't. People come skiing and wear fashions, people who ski and live here just wear what they have on. Hunters come here and wear expensive camo/hunting gear. The old country boys who hunt just wear what they always wear.

Good point, camo here is fashion statement for country folks and it makes me sick to see some city person wearing the latest greatest camo pattern. I am a very avid hunter and sport shooter and I only own a camo rain jacket, not because it is camo but because it is damn good rain coat.

Camo is such a fashion statement that they even make pink camo for girls, I even seen negro wearing camo, :thumbdown

Camo for hunting is a crutch, if you are good you don't need it. I come from a very long line of hunters ( even poachers :P ) and none of them used camo. Yes, I do own several traditional hunting clothes in brown, green and grey but they are solid colors. Here is me several years ago with one of the best dogs that ever hunted :

https://forums.skadi.net/showpost.php?p=1094742&postcount=675

Wulfram
Wednesday, August 24th, 2016, 02:27 AM
Those who have popularized tattoos to the point they have lost some of their uniqueness. Most young people think of them more as something to accentuate their wardrobe. I often see them with entire sleeves that were obviously done in a very short time. A friend of mine has both of his arms covered but it took him over twenty years to do it! Each one represents a success or heartbreak he experienced. They mean something deeply personal.

GroeneWolf
Wednesday, August 24th, 2016, 03:25 AM
Pants, with holes in them. I wonder what the appeal is, except looking to cheap to have them fixed.

Shadow
Wednesday, August 24th, 2016, 03:40 AM
Good point, camo here is fashion statement for country folks and it makes me sick to see some city person wearing the latest greatest camo pattern. I am a very avid hunter and sport shooter and I only own a camo rain jacket, not because it is camo but because it is damn good rain coat.

Camo is such a fashion statement that they even make pink camo for girls, I even seen negro wearing camo, :thumbdown

Camo for hunting is a crutch, if you are good you don't need it. I come from a very long line of hunters ( even poachers :P ) and none of them used camo. Yes, I do own several traditional hunting clothes in brown, green and grey but they are solid colors. Here is me several years ago with one of the best dogs that ever hunted :

https://forums.skadi.net/showpost.php?p=1094742&postcount=675

Maybe I have mentioned this but the same kinda guy who lives around me and has hunted all his life gets a license and then spontaneously takes off into the woods when there is talk of game. His rifle usually looks like it had been in the family for generations, wood furniture, iron sights. On the other hand we get city hunters making fashion statements, in their "hunting vehicle" or "Elk Getter" etc., usually for or five, staked out where there are no game and have not been, and whose rifles look more like elephant guns with Mt. Palomar-type scopes (to hunt were the limits of vision are 100 yards). Sometimes these guys never even leave the vehicle, just shoot out the window. They camp in the forest, make a bonfire, drink lots of beer and then crap out in the open and leave it and the toilet paper without burying it. So the next day my dogs find the poop, toilet paper and beer cans left behind.

OK, I'll stop ranting.

Sigurd
Thursday, August 25th, 2016, 11:04 AM
Two things that have irked me for the best of a decade and that haven't really been mentioned thus far are:

- People wearing tracksuit bottoms everywhere. Sure, they're super-comfy and I sometimes wear them at home, too. There's no reason to believe that a good pair of trousers are anywhere near over-dressed when you leave the house, though. It don't have to be silken or by Pierre Cardin, but at least wear something of description. :P

- Men not taking their hats off when they enter somewhere. I don't really care whether it's a really elegant hat or a baseball cap, the way I was brought up, men's headgear is taken off when you enter. Arguably it's way worse if it's actually baseball caps.

- The type of silken-look, really wide-cut, really colourful pants some of the alternative left wear. I don't care how comfy they are, it looks like you're wearing a tent with diapers underneath. :D

One which ticks me off is leggings as pants. [...] It's a sign of decadence and feminism. :thumbdown

I'm not sure it even needs the 'feminist argument' here. It's such a sign of bad taste that any self-respecting man would rather leave a woman clad in such leggings at home - because that's where that type of fashion belongs. It's very irksome to behold. ;)

The worst part about this fashion isn't even the fact they've probably ever held an axe or split wood: The worst part is, they're oft so slim and effeminate they'd probably be unable to lift one if you gave it to them. It already irks me that there's men who haven't ever split wood before, I first did so when I was like three years old. :P

I actually like the wearing "lumberjack" type of shirts per se but someone needs to fit the description (which I do). It doesn't actually matter if you're fat or bulky, lumberjack type of shirts look idiotic on anyone under 200lbs, underfed hipsters in slim fit jeans don't match the idea . :shrug

SpearBrave
Thursday, August 25th, 2016, 11:13 AM
The worst part about this fashion isn't even the fact they've probably ever held an axe or split wood: The worst part is, they're oft so slim and effeminate they'd probably be unable to lift one if you gave it to them. It already irks me that there's men who haven't ever split wood before, I first did so when I was like three years old. :P

We could have special camps where these hipsters and taught to split wood and how to work hard. :P

I actually like the wearing "lumberjack" type of shirts per se but someone needs to fit the description (which I do). It doesn't actually matter if you're fat or bulky, lumberjack type of shirts look idiotic on anyone under 200lbs, underfed hipsters in slim fit jeans don't match the idea . :shrug

I have a closet full of these shirts, I did not know they even made them in wimpy sizes. :D

Perhaps I could appreciate the man bun thing if it was a Suebian knot done for the right reasons to show Germanic pride.

Sigurd
Thursday, August 25th, 2016, 12:29 PM
We could have special camps where these hipsters and taught to split wood and how to work hard. :P

I like your way of thinking, but I'm wondering whether there'll be any use in this. Teaching hipsters how to actually split wood is like teaching a hyena how to gallop: Technically possible, but an effort futile. ;)

I have a closet full of these shirts, I did not know they even made them in wimpy sizes. :DNor did I, until I was once out in town wearing my favourite such shirt, deliberately bought in black-white-and-red colours, happily eating my burger and drinking my wheat-beer in all peace-and-quiet, commenting on the go to my friend about the football game that was being broadcast as we ate.

Suddenly this hipster boy comes up to me and says "hey, cool, we have the same shirt". You see, I sometimes like to wear a traditional German-style Scheitel, have had black-rimmed glasses since 2008, and have sported a beard for as long as I can think, and sometimes like to joke "I was a hipster before it got cool" --- that faggy-kid probably thought I was one of his kind. :D

I jumped and then almost died from laughter, as you can imagine. :P

Huginn ok Muninn
Thursday, August 25th, 2016, 01:29 PM
I like your way of thinking, but I'm wondering whether there'll be any use in this. Teaching hipsters how to actually split wood is like teaching a hyena how to gallop: Technically possible, but an effort futile. ;)

Nor did I, until I was once out in town wearing my favourite such shirt, deliberately bought in black-white-and-red colours, happily eating my burger and drinking my wheat-beer in all peace-and-quiet, commenting on the go to my friend about the football game that was being broadcast as we ate.

Suddenly this hipster boy comes up to me and says "hey, cool, we have the same shirt". You see, I sometimes like to wear a traditional German-style Scheitel, have had black-rimmed glasses since 2008, and have sported a beard for as long as I can think, and sometimes like to joke "I was a hipster before it got cool" --- that faggy-kid probably thought I was one of his kind. :D

I think I'd go home, shave the beard, get a Hitler Youth haircut, and wear a shirt and tie... until these twits appropriate that look as well.

Maybe they should give the shirts away for free, but you have to do the wood-chopping thing first.

SpearBrave
Thursday, August 25th, 2016, 09:19 PM

Nay, the effort would not be futile. This would keep them out of society until they learned how to behave and act like real productive people.

They sometimes use petty criminals here to pick up trash and clear brush along the highways I actually seen one of them with a man bun some time back. I'm a big fan of chain gangs for these types, it teaches them hard work while paying their debt to society. :D

Hm, seems I remember talking about camps for people who dye their hair some time back. :D

Nor did I, until I was once out in town wearing my favourite such shirt, deliberately bought in black-white-and-red colours, happily eating my burger and drinking my wheat-beer in all peace-and-quiet, commenting on the go to my friend about the football game that was being broadcast as we ate.

Well don't give away all your good shirts, their little fad will pass when it is no longer cool. I did not cut my mustache, I just quit putting wax in it for a short while. ;)

theTasmanian
Friday, August 26th, 2016, 08:16 AM
They should be killed with fire. :( Seriously, these types are urban dwellers with absolutely no knowledge of rural life but pose as if they come straight from the frozen forests of British Columbia...:thumbdown I think they canīt even distinguish a goat from a sheep.

Valkyrie...umm cough cough you would love my cycling jersey :D

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g226/theMISSIONARY_257/Cycles/Mt%20Stronach%20river%20crossing_zpsazpa 2wuo.jpg (http://s57.photobucket.com/user/theMISSIONARY_257/media/Cycles/Mt%20Stronach%20river%20crossing_zpsazpa 2wuo.jpg.html)

the river was very cold ;) almost shrived the "old boys" :fhaha:

this was some years ago

Mrs vonTrep
Friday, August 26th, 2016, 09:30 PM
Completely unforgivable:

http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad4/Sektkvinna/forum/byxor2_zpsae9cd6vh.jpg

PS: I love my leggings, so comfy. :love

Shadow
Saturday, August 27th, 2016, 03:25 AM
Tell me what this is, if it is a fashion statement. I keep seeing cars with bullet holes in them. At first I paid no attention other than to note these were bullet holes. Today I say it again in a BMW. It had a large caliber hole in the rear hatch. Then I realized none of the hole I had seen would necessarily have hit a person or seriously damaged the vehicle. There were no hole in windows, or around the engine or on doors where the driver would have been sitting. These holes all looked carefully placed. You could even imagine taking the interior trim off and placing a five gallon plastic water bucket to absorb the bullet so it doesn't do real damage.

Is this a black or Mexican fashion statement, a gangsta thing, or do I just live in a bad neighborhood?

Ingvaeonic
Saturday, August 27th, 2016, 06:14 AM
Ugly Fashion Trends

Ugly Fashion Trends? Hell's bells! Where do I begin? "Fashion" since 1990 has been dead. Don't start me! Body-piercing, hate it, tattooing of young females, hate it, jeans worn by boys and young men that hang half way down their arse and look like they have shit their pants, really hate it, "whiskered" jeans, just a terrible look and lousy thing to do to denim, and on and on it goes...

Though I will say that tight-fitting leggings, "jeggings," and similar garments on nubile young females are a good look. That I will concede.

theTasmanian
Saturday, August 27th, 2016, 06:59 AM
Tell me what this is, if it is a fashion statement. I keep seeing cars with bullet holes in them. At first I paid no attention other than to note these were bullet holes. Today I say it again in a BMW. It had a large caliber hole in the rear hatch. Then I realized none of the hole I had seen would necessarily have hit a person or seriously damaged the vehicle. There were no hole in windows, or around the engine or on doors where the driver would have been sitting. These holes all looked carefully placed. You could even imagine taking the interior trim off and placing a five gallon plastic water bucket to absorb the bullet so it doesn't do real damage.

Is this a black or Mexican fashion statement, a gangsta thing, or do I just live in a bad neighborhood?

oh yes the gay ass "bullet hole" stickers :thumbdown

Flag-Soil
Monday, August 29th, 2016, 01:11 AM
http://tattoo-ideas.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Tattooed-Arms.jpg

Tattoos, permanent human graffiti, are bad enough, but there is also a lot of ethnic appropriation going on. I once asked a guy with an aboriginal tattoo if aborigines get ace of spades tattoos.

Esther_Helena
Monday, August 29th, 2016, 06:39 AM
This dumb ass haircut on men. This is not my image, but I cannot get the Pidgeotto reference out of my head now.

https://pics.onsizzle.com/why-does-every-guy-these-days-look-like-a-pidgeotto-2824710.png

Sigurd
Tuesday, August 30th, 2016, 09:04 AM
This dumb ass haircut on men. This is not my image, but I cannot get the Pidgeotto reference out of my head now.

The problem's not the haircut, the problem's the type of men you see sporting it. I know this, because I once had hair like that, and no one would have dared to compare me to Pokémon. :P

On men that look the part, the haircut certainly doesn't look like Pidgeotto:

Andreas Gabalier - Musician from Styria, also a patriot.
http://imgl.krone.at/Bilder/2014/09/01/Andreas-Gabalier-die-grosse-Fernsehshow-Premiere-am-Samstag-story-417674_630x356px_1_yg66vuKZD5_jI.jpg
http://imgl.krone.at/Bilder_skaliert/2015/05/12/1fbb93a76ab3fd9f2bebdb3d5ec43541__andrea s_gabalier_sepp_pail3_jpg_1274659_1164.j pg

TJ Cowgill - Canadian Musician (King Dude)
http://old.seattletimes.com/ABPub/2013/07/27/2021488852.jpg
https://garage-sb.de/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/b64e9244-3bde-481f-9910-698e0b8087f1.jpg

Felix Baumgartner (shorter version of the cut) - Austrian extreme sportsman/base jumper
http://www.nerverush.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Felix-Baumgartner.jpeg

It all boils down to the same problem that we already had with the lumberjack type of shirts: If you look the part, you're fine. If you don't, find some different fashion to go by. :)

Wulfaz
Tuesday, August 30th, 2016, 11:48 AM
As a conservative I disagree the tendency of the last decades. Well, there is some good stuff, I have jeans clothes or sneakers, however I think the most impressiv cloth on a man is the suit. The good suit is wool, it will be not stinky after month wearing. Moreover a wool suit is not pleated. The blazer is very practical with several inner pocket. Moreover a good suit is not expensive, the fashionable brands have just a same prise. At least a wool suit has a long live (max cca. 10 years), side by side the trendy stuffs become a waste after 1-2 years.

http://g02.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1JZU9HFXXXXcTXpXXq6xXFXXXp/Classical-Slim-Fit-Navy-Blue-Suit-Single-Breasted-Tailored-Suit-for-Men-100-Wool-Custom-Made.jpg

renownedwolf
Tuesday, August 30th, 2016, 08:26 PM
Never... ever would I trust a man in a suit. So damn impractical too! The only things that should have something tied around their necks are dogs and slaves.

Nachtengel
Monday, October 17th, 2016, 09:09 PM
Fake nails, especially duck nails. Bubble nails. Fake foot nails. OMG.

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/enhanced/web05/2012/5/7/16/enhanced-buzz-24315-1336421272-8.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EsX6RMHYXkw/TcweWFXX6HI/AAAAAAAAA2Y/GQwiTnYOQ1Q/s1600/bubblenails.jpg

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--C8UvlX3F--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/17lxyfczsagj0jpg.jpg

How can you wear any shows with that??

Tanorexics

http://img2.rnkr-static.com/list_img_v2/7441/1887441/C520/the-craziest-japanese-fashion-trends-u1.jpg

Fake doll fashions

http://viola.bz/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/vanilla-chamu-photos-3.jpg

Obnoxious luxury headphones

https://hips.hearstapps.com/cos.h-cdn.co/assets/15/50/980x980/square-1449762454-screen-shot-2015-12-09-at-155.jpg

"Fat" fashion

https://hips.hearstapps.com/cos.h-cdn.co/assets/15/50/980x671/gallery-1449764360-lb.jpg

Anorexic fashion

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/ibunda/anorexicjpeg.jpg

etc tbc