PDA

View Full Version : R. Gayre of Gayre, Miscellaneous Racial Studies, 1943-1972

BodewinTheSilent
Thursday, August 22nd, 2002, 08:56 PM
R. Gayre of Gayre, Miscellaneous Racial Studies, 1943-1972 (Edinburgh: Armorial, 1972).

Hellstar
Thursday, August 22nd, 2002, 09:13 PM
Wow interesting, my skull fits the Nordic exact, it goes up and then flat over backward cranium top and then again continues into a developed back head.

I always knew the Meds had big backheads but their shape seems more round. the Atlantic and Nordic share some similarity, what can you add to their convergence?

Ederico
Thursday, August 22nd, 2002, 09:27 PM
I think my backhead mostly looks like East Baltic.

GreenHeart
Friday, August 23rd, 2002, 03:29 AM
Mine looks exactly like the nordic one. It goes flat, but slanting up until the back, then abruptly slants diagonal down and comes to something like a point in the mid-back section and from there tapers in. Its very interesting to see a chart like this. My fiance's skull looks like somewhere between nordic and alpine.

Where does that chart come from?? Got any more charts like that? :D

I am getting so pissed off at Ross for never posting sources, it's so fucking annoying, like you can't believe a word he says. He says I'm "nervous" for wanting sources.......:rolleyes:

Dominator
Friday, August 23rd, 2002, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by NordicPower88

I am getting so pissed off at Ross for never posting sources, it's so fucking annoying, like you can't believe a word he says. He says I'm "nervous" for wanting sources.......:rolleyes:

Miss Nordic power would ¤pissed¤ be a better word:rolleyes:

Mr Heimdall Post more, I find it all very enchanting.

BodewinTheSilent
Friday, August 23rd, 2002, 09:14 PM
Where does that chart come from??

R. Gayre of Gayre, Miscellaneous Racial Studies, 1943-1972 (Edinburgh: Armorial, 1972).

Got any more charts like that? :D

I might have. ;) I'll see what I can rustle up. :D

BodewinTheSilent
Friday, August 23rd, 2002, 09:18 PM
Atlantic and Nordic share some similarity, what can you add to their convergence?

Well spotted. :) Atlantic = Cro-Magnon, Phalian, Brünn type, etc. Some think that Nordics may have evolved from Cro-Magnons, hence the convergence you noted.

Hellstar
Friday, August 23rd, 2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Heimdall
Atlantic and Nordic share some similarity, what can you add to their convergence?

Well spotted. :) Atlantic = Cro-Magnon, Phalian, Brünn type, etc. Some think that Nordics may have evolved from Cro-Magnons, hence the convergence you noted.

Well yes but I thought Atlantics were Half Med or Roman elements?

What about this theory that bright fair complexed Cro-magnon mixed with tall slender darken I.E`s became the Hallstatts and hmm also Brünn

I may sound crazy but just something I thought about.

GreenHeart
Saturday, August 24th, 2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Heimdall
Where does that chart come from??

Got any more charts like that? :D

I might have. ;) I'll see what I can rustle up. :D

Thanks for the source, Heimdall. When there are books dealing about such interesting things as this, I like to add them to my list so I can either buy them or try to read them somewhere online.

Anyway, I can't wait to see the next chart :D

Hellstar
Saturday, August 24th, 2002, 06:42 PM
Talk about Atlantic ears:D

http://www.calvin.edu/academic/cas/gpa/images/vr/vr42-06a.jpg

GreenHeart
Saturday, August 24th, 2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by HELLSTAR
Talk about Atlantic ears:D

http://www.calvin.edu/academic/cas/gpa/images/vr/vr42-06a.jpg

They're cute besides that though........

Lots of Americans have ears like that too, (and its funny every time! :D) but that's the first time I saw them on Germans.

Once I had a girl in my school, with straight blond hair, and her ears stuck out so far they stuck out so far out you could always see them poking out through her hair....... :rofl

BodewinTheSilent
Saturday, August 24th, 2002, 10:55 PM
Well yes but I thought Atlantics were Half Med or Roman elements?

It is in McCulloch's scheme: Med + UP. But, in Gayre's scheme, it is a UP type, basically Cro-Magnon, with light eyes, and medium to darkish hair, with a tendency towards rufosity, kind of like the SNPA Brünn type.

What about this theory that bright fair complexed Cro-magnon mixed with tall slender darken I.E`s became the Hallstatts and hmm also Brünn

I don't think that race history is always a simple story of mixture, certain types, etc. That, for instance, people A, belonged to race B, moved to area C, and so on. The fact is that there were both Nordics and UPs all over Europe, and distribution and mixture was not always clear-cut. Anyway, I've kind of dealt with this theory already in the thread below:

http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=536

I may sound crazy but just something I thought about.

Yes, you sound crazy. ;) :D

Hellstar
Saturday, August 24th, 2002, 11:02 PM
Well of course its not just a matter of mixture, but some place its pretty relevant, anyway I was thinking that Cro-magnon with the light shiny phenotypes mixed with original I.E. created the mixture of the cranium shape and fair complex in certain Nordic types.

Call me crazy or not, I Follow my intuition in everything.

Well check that boys Atlantic ear and thanks for telling me about that thread, I must of been to busy to read it. hey who is that punk on the picture? some cro-magnon fan or something:D

His jaw reminds me of a guy called Eddy here, we use to call him the hamster.

Seppl
Wednesday, August 28th, 2002, 04:17 AM
The occipital types of Aryan races illustrated are only the examples of individiuals of each sub-racial type in it's pureset form. As most of us are a mixture of two or more of the various Aryan types, then it's hard to match oneself up exaltly to one occipital type.
I myself have been professionally racially examined by a real old SS ethnologist 15 years ago in Vienna. He identified three main traits in me : Nordic, Dinaric and to a lesser extent Alpine. My hair is brown, eyes are light Green and I am 183cm tall with a heavy build. Under SS classification I would be considered Keltisch like Hitler himself. My cephalic index is approximately 82, and my occipital type is closest to the Nordic type illustrated previously, my late father was exaltly like the Nordic type illustrated and had those "Alantic ears" which a lot of Germans seem to have!
Servus,x_cheers

Prometheus
Thursday, August 29th, 2002, 07:01 AM
Hard to work out, but I think my skull resembles the alpine with slight med influence.