PDA

View Full Version : Forum Back

Aeternitas
Sunday, June 3rd, 2012, 04:20 PM
Due to technical difficulties we have unfortunately lost the data from the last cca. 2 weeks. This includes both threads/posts and related but also new registrations. So if you registered an account on/after the 21st of May you will need to re-register. We are sorry for the inconvenience, unfortunately there was no other way. Our host sat for days trying to fix the problem.

Also, we upgraded to 3.6.12 patch level 2 so some modifications like thread of the day won't work anymore. We may get back to this at a later time.

Thanks for our members' understanding and patience.

A.

Olavss°nn
Sunday, June 3rd, 2012, 04:24 PM
Due to technical difficulties we have unfortunately lost the data from the last cca. 2 weeks. This includes both threads/posts and related but also new registrations.

Well, then I guess it's good that I haven't been posting much on Skadi the last weeks. ;)

Mrs vonTrep
Sunday, June 3rd, 2012, 05:07 PM
And now it seems to work fine, this far at least. Thanks to those who worked hard to get Skadi back up again. :bow

Florian Geyer
Sunday, June 3rd, 2012, 06:17 PM
I just wanted to say a big thank you to those involved in getting Skadi back online. I don't post much these days but I'm a regular lurker nonetheless. I've been following recent events through the posts on Twitter from Anonymous and 4Chan and was quite worried about personal info they may have gained. At one point I thought that maybe Skadi was gone for good.

Anyways, glad to see you back! :thumbup

velvet
Sunday, June 3rd, 2012, 06:20 PM
Nice to see Skadi back up and running. :thumbup

The Hungry Hun
Sunday, June 3rd, 2012, 06:25 PM
I am happy that Skadi is back, but now I'm just scared because the fact that it went down and has been just tells me some masons are watching this site. I remember the day after or so I posted about freemasons controlling Alex Jones, the forums go down. Oh yeah, and everyone missed that it was birthday yesterday :~(

Thorbrand
Sunday, June 3rd, 2012, 06:38 PM
Well, happy birthday!

As this was the second time the forum was 'dead' in a few weeks I thought it was a 'cyber-attack' (paranoid). But it left a hole in my life as somewhere to visit each day! Great to see it back.

velvet
Sunday, June 3rd, 2012, 06:51 PM
No need to get paranoid, Hun :D
Just a database breakdown, that can happen and it doesnt need a reason to do so.

Happy belated Birthday anyway ;)

Bearkinder
Sunday, June 3rd, 2012, 06:53 PM
Glad to see the forum back.

I was having withdrawals.

Hermˇ­r
Sunday, June 3rd, 2012, 07:19 PM
I'm glad it's back, for the last two weeks I've had to make do with the Apricity :|

Thusnelda
Sunday, June 3rd, 2012, 07:54 PM
We┤re still alive! :thumbup It feels so good to see the forum back! I┤d lie if I said that there weren┤t hours where I was seriously worried about the fate of our beloved forum last week. :| I think the administration deserves and needs support and thankfulness.

Sometimes you recognize things that are very dear to you only when they┤re gone.

So Skadites, let┤s get back to work! :P

Angus
Sunday, June 3rd, 2012, 07:59 PM
It's good to see many of us back after only a few hours of the forum being back up! Thanks for bearing with us while we sorted out the problems. :)

EQ Fighter
Sunday, June 3rd, 2012, 08:06 PM
So what took it down in the first place?

Hersir
Sunday, June 3rd, 2012, 08:20 PM
Oh yeah, and everyone missed that it was birthday yesterday :~(

Happy birthday!

I'm glad the forum is back up too:)

Sigurd
Sunday, June 3rd, 2012, 08:24 PM
Yes, the administration did a good job in bringing the forum back. We mortals cannot even begin to understand the long, tireless hours they put into it - most of it is done hidden and never seen, heard or felt by anyone, bite like the inner life of a Swiss clockwork.

All hail the administration for their tireless efforts and especially of course Aeternitas who will have reliably put the extra work into her schedule despite her manifold obligations. :)

I'm glad it's back, for the last two weeks I've had to make do with the Apricity :|

Some would rather stay abstinent than trade Bavarian beer for Tennent's. The Apricity is not altogether a bad place, but it certainly don't have the cozy smell of home the way Skadi does. ;)

BjrK
Sunday, June 3rd, 2012, 09:04 PM
Nice to see it is back now, think I checked if the site was up and running around 4 times a day. I want to say thanks to the people working to get the site up, good work!

Myself I always hang out on Stormfront, got an infranction because I said finns, eastern russians and southern poles were around 5% asiatic, LOL! (i was even being kind only mentioning 5%)

Apparently I was "attacking other white people".

Alot of tough biased mods over at SF and alot of lowbrow posts otherwise a decent site.

Scott Wodenson
Sunday, June 3rd, 2012, 09:19 PM
Thanks to those who worked diligently to get our community back up and running. :thumbup

Aeternitas
Monday, June 4th, 2012, 12:48 AM
So what took it down in the first place?
The forum had a lot of database errors. We were not under any attack. As to what caused the errors, we are unsure at this point.

Balders gate
Monday, June 4th, 2012, 01:06 AM
Well, I am very glad Skadi is back and let's hope it's back for good this time. With Skadi being down for the last 2 out of 3 weeks makes for a very depressing down time. It stinks that the last 2 weeks activity were erased from skadi history because of some computer crash. Last I remember, I responded to a very good thread on here and next thing the site just crashed. Of course when your getting 10 thank you's from ghost members with names like" so and so revenge factor" 2 minutes after you post does make you wonder what is going on.

With Skadi being down I was stuck watching Hatfield and McCoy's feudin all week long and just wondered when this site would ever come on again. Well I am glad Skadi's back because the feudin' is getting old.:)

I just want to thank the staff at skadi for doing a great job of getting the site back and up and running, you guys did a great job...

MCP3
Monday, June 4th, 2012, 01:40 AM
Due to technical difficulties we have unfortunately lost the data from the last cca. 2 weeks. This includes both threads/posts and related but also new registrations. So if you registered an account on/after the 21st of May you will need to re-register. We are sorry for the inconvenience, unfortunately there was no other way. Our host sat for days trying to fix the problem.

Also, we upgraded to 3.6.12 patch level 2 so some modifications like thread of the day won't work anymore. We may get back to this at a later time.

Thanks for our members' understanding and patience.

A.

Yeah, i realized that whole thread "Operation Fridericus" (aka Battle of Kharkov II ) is gone. :shouldershrug:

Thanks for posting the restore date.

Aeternitas
Monday, June 4th, 2012, 02:21 AM
Well, sorry about that. It's better to keep a backup of one's most important posts in a Word document or notepad for all situations. Can be annoying, I know. :P e.g. My partner and I would write some lengthy posts and lose them before posting because the computer would crash or Internet connection go down, and similar stuff happened to many other users here.

Forest_Dweller
Monday, June 4th, 2012, 02:40 AM
Glad Skadi's back, I was worried for a minute there.

Fredericus Rex
Monday, June 4th, 2012, 02:58 AM
I was worried for a bit that this might be permanent... Fortunately I see its not. :)

Frostbite
Monday, June 4th, 2012, 02:58 AM
I missed the forum, I didn't have anyone to talk with that shared my views.

zureagieren
Monday, June 4th, 2012, 04:43 AM
Great job, database masters!!!

JimJam
Monday, June 4th, 2012, 05:01 AM
I am appreciative of the labor expended to revitalize
this Germanic Forum.It provides a view point needed in
today's world.Thank You!

Todesritter
Monday, June 4th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Good job restoring it Admins & staff, a great many songs out there on the theme 'you don't know what you have until it's gone' I suppose for good reason.

Now to restore my post of the Israeli racial strife, though I'm sad all the great comments from the thread are no more "... I hope your cat is raped, I hope your goldfish gets raped" ;)

Todesritter
Monday, June 4th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Good job restoring it Admins & staff, a great many songs out there on the theme 'you don't know what you have until it's gone' I suppose for good reason.

Now to restore my post of the Israeli racial strife, though I'm sad all the great comments from the thread are no more "... I hope your cat is raped, I hope your goldfish gets raped" ;)

Reposted it, the original article, but it was immediately migrated by an admin to a sub-post of a new thread ...

http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=149963

... and responses in this newer thread are much more tame:~(

Aeternitas
Monday, June 4th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Well,
though I'm sad all the great comments from the thread are no more "... I hope your cat is raped, I hope your goldfish gets raped" ;)
Such comments were written here, on Skadi? This is absolutely intolerable and if they were left standing the only reason must have been that the mods may not have noticed them yet to take action.

Btw, Google cache can come in handy for such situations. If anyone wants to restore a thread, you can look the title on Google and click the cache link, with a bit of luck... @MCP3 http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:19SMyCI4r6AJ:forums.skadi .net/showthread.php%3Fp%3D1173131+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&client=firefox-a

Todesritter
Monday, June 4th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Well,
Such comments were written here, on Skadi? This is absolutely intolerable and if they were left standing the only reason must have been that the mods may not have noticed them yet to take action.

They were paraphrasing the angry Jews berating those Israelis friendly to the immigrants in a video posted, I can't remember by whom, as a response to the original thread.

Yes, lowbrow, vulgar, & silly, but they did not seem entirely out of place; poor Israeli goldfish :D

Berrocscir
Monday, June 4th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Thank you so much for the return of this mighty forum! I did worry!

Wulfaz
Monday, June 4th, 2012, 06:10 PM
It's better to keep a backup of one's most important posts in a Word document or notepad for all situations.

That is right, I use to do this. Well, thank you very much that you restore the forum! It is a great place of free speech in this terrible and untrue world.

Kveldssanger
Monday, June 4th, 2012, 08:03 PM
I'll add my voice to all of the others expressing gratitude and relief that Skadi is back up and running. Like everyone else, I was getting concerned...

I appreciate all of you who put in the hard work of fixing the problems!

Nachtengel
Thursday, June 7th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Great, I was beginning to wonder too.

Thanks for bringing Skadi back online. :thumbup

Sehnsucht
Thursday, June 7th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Why has the shoutbox gone?

EDIT: Oh well, it is back.

Primus
Friday, June 8th, 2012, 02:19 AM
Great news! I was crossing my fingers that it wasn't something serious and/or long-term; it's good to see Skadi back up and active for member use again. :)

SaxonPagan
Friday, June 8th, 2012, 02:49 AM
Yes, it's great to see that Skadi is up and running again :thumbup

To compound my frustration, on the very day that the forum returned I began to have some problems with my broadband that took over 48 hours to resolve and further prolonged my absence. In fact, my mind was almost going into 'conspiracy' mode and starting to believe I was a target on the ZOG hit-list :D

hyidi
Monday, June 11th, 2012, 11:35 AM
In fact, my mind was almost going into 'conspiracy' mode and starting to believe I was a target on the ZOG hit-list
I did firmly believe that the Zogs shut this forum down. Boy, I'm glad that I'm wrong.

Sˇl
Saturday, June 16th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Glad to see Skadi online again. My Internet time isn't very much these days but I checked Skadi once or twice and I wasn't able to get in. At first I thought it was my Internet connection too but then I read the message to all members and whewed. Thanks for bringing it back. :)