PDA

View Full Version : Quantum Physics and Atheism

Alfadur
Friday, May 4th, 2012, 02:10 PM
I started this thread because, as a non-believer with an interest in religion, I just wanted to hear your opinions on this youtube clip. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWN4cfh1Fac) In this recent debate, Richard Dawkins very briefly mentions that quantum research is one of those things that makes him a little bit uncertain in his firm atheism.

This just shows how there is a definite limit to how much we can know given our brain capacity. It seems that most people cannot even grasp or visualize the fundamentals of it, so that says something. But the use of mathematical savants, technology, and plain hard work should allow for more exploration into these metaphysical realms over coming years. If, indeed, it's a realm that can be explored at all and not an unanswerable question.

Will quantum physics always be purely theoretical? How do you think this science will change the whole landscape of religion and atheism?

(I am personally somewhere in the middle, neither a theist nor a complete atheist. That's why I put "agnostic" as my faith.)

Sigyn
Friday, May 4th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Someone else (I forgot who) said that as death is the limit of a human's life, madness is the limit of a human's thought. :P

Interesting debate, nonetheless. I've seen heard some of it before, but not the entire thing.