PDA

View Full Version : How to Tell if I'm Germanic or Celtic?

ProudAS
Sunday, April 22nd, 2012, 11:59 PM
I'm Anglo-Saxon, and I want to know whether I am predominantly Germanic or Celtic. Can someone describe some typical Germanic facial features please because I've been told the easiest way to tell is the face.

Some other information:

- I live in England, close to Wales (Bristol)
- I have an Anglo-Saxon surname

Northumbria
Thursday, April 26th, 2012, 07:19 PM
There's usually a bar code under your armpit, you have to go into a supermarket and get them to scan it and they'll tell you if you're made in Germany or Wales.

No, really though, most people from down Bristol way will be Anglicised Celts or Anglo-Saxon / Celtic mix.

Sehnsucht
Thursday, April 26th, 2012, 08:00 PM
If you have a squarehead you are Germanic.

Rohirrim
Thursday, April 26th, 2012, 08:22 PM
A picture of yourself would do nicely.

I think types like North Atlantid, Brunn, Paleo-Atlantid, Atlanto-Med and Med (which can all be found in the Isles) tend to be Celtic, or at least pre-Germanic (though not always). If you're any of these, chances are that you have quite a good dose of Celtic ancestry.

Allenson
Thursday, April 26th, 2012, 08:30 PM
More than likely, you're some of each. :thumbup

Žoreišar
Thursday, April 26th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Check your toes. If your big toe sticks longer out than the second toe, you're Germanic. If the second toe sticks longer out than the big toe, you're Celtic. ;)

Hrodebert
Thursday, April 26th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Check your toes. If your big toe sticks longer out than the second toe, you're Germanic. If the second toe sticks longer out than the big toe, you're Celtic. ;)

My big toe protrudes a half inch further than the second toe. My irish best friend has typical celtic feet. I figure there's some truth to this. :D

ProudAS
Wednesday, July 4th, 2012, 03:23 PM

I guess by that standard I am Germanic, or at least my feet are ;)

Thorbrand
Wednesday, July 4th, 2012, 04:12 PM
OK...I believe I am mostly Anglo-Saxon, according to my ancestry, I have wavy strawberry blond hair (or did before I lost it!), blue eyes, ruddy skin, I'm tall and have a dolichocephalic skull....

...But my second toe is slightly longer than my big toe!!!:D

Slivers
Thursday, July 5th, 2012, 07:08 PM
I don't know if this toe comparison test is really accurate. I would say you are Germanic.

Žoreišar
Thursday, July 5th, 2012, 07:20 PM
I don't know if this toe comparison test is really accurate.Yeah, it's probably not. Just a general difference of traits between the Irish and English troops during WW2 (if I recall correctly) that was noticed when issuing boots to the soldiers. The latter group having a higher tendency towards the "Germanic foot".

Olavssųnn
Thursday, July 5th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Yeah, it's probably not. Just a general difference of traits between the Irish and English troops during WW2 (if I recall correctly) that was noticed when issuing boots to the soldiers. The latter group having a higher tendency towards the "Germanic foot".

In my case, the second toe is of the same length as my big toe... Does that imply mixed Celt-Germanic ancestry? :D

Sigurd
Thursday, July 5th, 2012, 08:05 PM
The level of the topic isn't exactly particularly high beyond being answered in threads manifold; it is a profiling question which this section was explicitly not to be; and finally the original poster - having asked a highly personal profiling question at that - is no longer with us.

Hence, this thread is closed. :)