PDA

View Full Version : Vagina 'Brightener': Indian Feminine Hygiene Product Promises To Make Genitals 'Many Shades Fairer'

The Horned God
Sunday, April 15th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Vagina 'Brightener': Indian Feminine Hygiene Product Promises To Make Genitals 'Many Shades Fairer'

An Indian feminine hygiene product is promising to "brighten" the skin around the vagina.

A 25-second TV advert for Clean & Dry Intimate Wash features an attractive trouser-clad Indian woman looking wistful as she sits down for a coffee with her partner, presumably fretting her parts are the wrong colour.

Cut to the shower where (mercifully) an animation sees the unsightly brown hue surrounding her crotch eradicated to a lighter flesh colour.

In the next scene the woman, now wearing shorts and a come-hither smile, is seen coquettishly snatching her lover’s car keys, cramming them into her pocket and inviting him to give chase.

Scroll down to watch the advert in full

He responds by lifting her into his arms and all is well with the world again.

The product is on sale for Rs 90 (about £1) and can be bought online, where a blurb reads: “Life for women will now be fresher, cleaner and more importantly fairer and more intimate.

"Women can use this unique wash during their bath to cleanse their parts. The special PH balance formula maintains the skin’s sensitive PH balance keeping it fresh and protected from infection all day. For the first time women can now also brighten the darkened skin in thar [sic] area making it many shades fairer.”

The advert has been received as an uncomfortable nod to the hierarchy of skin tone in India’s social caste system.

Dalits, formerly known as the Untouchables, are said to be the bottom of the social hierarchy and are often ostracised and forced into menial jobs.

Brahmins are generally considered to be the highest caste group, although laws banning discrimination on these terms have failed to make much difference.

9Tx9vVVMWw0&feature=player_embedded

I like the way the the ad starts with the words "Now in India!". The implication being that there is some place in the world where people are more obsessed with skin tone than India.

Autosomal Viking
Monday, April 16th, 2012, 12:03 AM
A lot of you may not know this but non-white people and I think even southern European people (if you consider them white) have significantly darker genitals than the rest of their skin. This includes east Asians and half-black people, etc. I'm not sure how I know this. :chinrub It's one more reason to consider ourselves lucky.

And wow, those are some light-skinned Indians.

The Horned God
Monday, April 16th, 2012, 01:04 AM
And wow, those are some light-skinned Indians.

They certainly are, especially the girl. I suspect though she is either half-cast, or not actually Indian. She could be Iranian or something else. Also, something can be done with makeup and video post production to alter apparent skin-tone.

OneWolf
Monday, April 16th, 2012, 01:34 AM
Vagina 'Brightener': Indian Feminine Hygiene Product Promises To Make Genitals 'Many Shades Fairer'...:D

I'm sorry but I just had a laugh and it lasted for about a minute!Leave it up to the cosmetic industry to market "Toothpaste for the Twat".Does it freshen while it brightens?

Don't forget the poop chute,honey!

Friedrich
Monday, April 16th, 2012, 01:55 AM
India is not the only place obsessed with lighter shades of black or brown.

Although such skin-lightening creams have been banned in SA, I'd guess they are still very much in use, and in some African countries they are legal.

I wonder if the men are sold similar products?
But luckily that's one issue that will never affect me.

But then lying under a tanning bed, and harmful UV rays just to go darker is also silly.

Thusnelda
Monday, April 16th, 2012, 02:26 PM
The people who use and produce such "brighteners" could need a brain brightener as well...or brain enlightener. :| They prove to have "excellent" priorities considering the fact that large parts of Indian population are completely poor and die on the streets.

But how“s that related to Germanic preservation?

The Horned God
Monday, April 16th, 2012, 02:35 PM
But how“s that related to Germanic preservation?

By pointing out how desperate some non-Europeans are to be fair-skinned, the article gives insight into their mindset and into at least one of the reasons why they seek European mates.