PDA

View Full Version : Atheists Are Now Dumber Than Religious People?

Storm Saxon
Wednesday, February 29th, 2012, 02:29 PM
"To say something along the lines of 'I'm an atheist; I think religions are not all bad' has become a dramatically peculiar thing to say and if you do say it on the internet you will get savage messages calling you a fascist, an idiot or a fool. This is a very odd moment in our culture. Why has this happened?"

http://www.newstatesman.com/religion/2012/02/neo-atheism-atheists-dawkins

Not even the Westboro Baptist Church is this stupid.

Modern trendy atheists usually talk about "openness" and "tolerance" as their reason for being atheist. And here we have these same atheists, demanding that we should all follow them like sheep.

It doesn't even seem to be a dislike of religion for me, but more like a leftist hatred against spirituality.

Sigyn
Wednesday, February 29th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Yes, it's rather ridiculous when atheism (the trendy Marxist sort) becomes a "religion" of its own.

On the other hand, I still prefer atheism to downright religious mania (although I don't have anything against religious Germanics at all, which is why I don't really get into those Christian vs. Pagan debates). According to religious fanatics, and even a few religious members on this forum, not being involved in religion and spirituality is "degenerate" and "hedonistic". So...

Alfadur
Wednesday, February 29th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Being an atheist myself, it's rather depressing (but entirely predictable) to see atheism turned into a substitute for mass religion. I suppose the crowd-instinct of the average lemming knows no bounds, and any new exciting idea can become a "religion" of its own.

It doesn't even seem to be a dislike of religion for me, but more like a leftist hatred against spirituality.
I see where you're coming from. It's a product of modern egalitarianism, this active resentment of spirituality (as opposed to just a clear-minded detachment from it, as I have). The crowd wants freedom FROM absolutely everything. And God is the ultimate oppressor of them all. :P

I would say it's a trendy resentment against authority as a rule. And against goodness as a rule. I've been seeing this in nearly all aspects of culture, some of which I have noticed myself falling into at times. To illustrate just how common this is, consider comic-book superheroes. The very concept of heroism is so removed from reality that calling any living (and, increasingly, long-dead) human being a "hero" is met with sneers and disbelief, and comments about the proposed hero's various failures. This, I imagine, is equally a case of the popular desire to be counter-cultural. So, the idea of a heroic person is now so hostile to our way of thinking that calling a real person a "hero" is seen as stupid and ignorant, so the only place we accept the concept of a hero is in the realm of fantasy. Movies, comic books, novels. A place where we can excuse our "simplistic" acceptance of the hero as a figure of might and justice by constantly reminding ourselves that it isn't real, and thus we can use said realm to let our ideals flourish in untainted form.

Of course, this is all just a bunch of comic-book characters. Who cares, right? The unfortunate truth of the matter is that these are the closest things we have to the pagan gods and goddesses of ancient times. True, the Indo-European gods did have personal vices (the Greco-Roman ones moreso than the Norse), but they were also embodiments of the best human ideals. The point being: European societies have become so detached from the idea of authority, virtue, and heroism as good things, that we've had to replace what used to be our sense of idealism with something for which we can justify our admiration with the disclaimer "well, it's not real, but I just think it's cool."

MaximusMagnus
Wednesday, February 29th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Being an atheist myself, it's rather depressing (but entirely predictable) to see atheism turned into a substitute for mass religion. I suppose the crowd-instinct of the average lemming knows no bounds, and any new exciting idea can become a "religion" of its own.

I see where you're coming from. It's a product of modern egalitarianism, this active hatred of spirituality (as opposed to just detachment from it, as I have). The crowd wants freedom FROM absolutely everything. And God is the ultimate oppressor of them all. :P

I would say it's a trendy resentment against authority as a rule. And against goodness as a rule. I've been seeing this in nearly all aspects of culture, some of which I have noticed myself falling into at times. To illustrate just how common this is, consider comic-book superheroes heroes. The very concept of heroism is so removed from reality that calling any living (and, increasingly, long-dead) human being a "hero" is met with sneers and disbelief, and comments about the proposed hero's various failures. This, I imagine, is equally a case of the popular desire to be counter-cultural. So, the idea of a heroic person is now so hostile to our way of thinking that calling a real person a "hero" is seen as stupid and ignorant, so the only place we accept the concept of a hero is in the realm of fantasy. Movies, comic books, novels. A place where we can excuse our "simplistic" acceptance of the hero as a figure of might and justice by constantly reminding ourselves that it isn't real, and thus we can use said realm to let our ideals flourish in untainted form.

Of course, this is all just a bunch of comic-book characters. Who cares, right? The unfortunate truth of the matter is that these are the closest things we have to the pagan gods and goddesses of ancient times. True, the Indo-European gods did have vices (the Greco-Roman ones moreso than the Norse pantheon), but they were also embodiments of ideals. The point being: we have become so detached from the idea of authority, virtue, and heroism as good things, that we've had to replace what used to be our sense of idealism with something for which we can justify our admiration with the disclaimer "well, it's not real, but I just think it's cool."

I respect your form of Atheism. But for the most part Atheists are silly and ignorant hippes who only care about personal freedom. They can't have intelligent discourse. They want to completely throw out any contributions Christianity has made to society. You don't have to agree with the religion in principle to acknowledge its contributions to society

Elessar
Wednesday, February 29th, 2012, 04:58 PM

Yes, it's rather ridiculous when atheism (the trendy Marxist sort) becomes a "religion" of its own.

I see where you're coming from. It's a product of modern egalitarianism, this active hatred of spirituality (as opposed to just detachment from it, as I have). The crowd wants freedom FROM absolutely everything. And God is the ultimate oppressor of them all.
Kali Yuga my friend.

Feyn
Wednesday, February 29th, 2012, 05:04 PM
The big problem is richard dawkins, a former scientist, who couldnt really gvet a foot on the ground in science, at least not as successfully as he had dreamed. So he has started writing books about science and atheism, and got a followergroup, his dawkinites. He formed atheism into a new kind of religion, with him as a kind of prophet.
Many people follow him, because he has convinced them that being atheist is smarter then being religious, and has given them, a few arguments to follow through. That spawned a range of websites where these people learn their commandments and arguments. It is all quite pathetic^^ :thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown

MaximusMagnus
Wednesday, February 29th, 2012, 05:22 PM
The big problem is richard dawkins, a former scientist, who couldnt really gvet a foot on the ground in science, at least not as successfully as he had dreamed. So he has started writing books about science and atheism, and got a followergroup, his dawkinites. He formed atheism into a new kind of religion, with him as a kind of prophet.
Many people follow him, because he has convinced them that being atheist is smarter then being religious, and has given them, a few arguments to follow through. That spawned a range of websites where these people learn their commandments and arguments. It is all quite pathetic^^ :thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown

Well we agree about something, some athesist like Hitchens were at least able to discuss rationally there points of view.

VikingManx
Wednesday, February 29th, 2012, 05:49 PM

Modern trendy atheists usually talk about "openness" and "tolerance" as their reason for being atheist. And here we have these same atheists, demanding that we should all follow them like sheep.

To be fair to Westboro Baptist, they absolutely hate Jews. +1.

There is a Norse proverb I read years ago, and I can't remember it exactly but I will paraphrase:

Great wisdom is often found in the mouths of fools.

Primus
Wednesday, February 29th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Honest agnosticism is the way to go as far as I'm concerned; atheists can be as dogmatic and as foolish as any Christian theist.

MaximusMagnus
Wednesday, February 29th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Honest agnosticism is the way to go as far as I'm concerned; atheists can be as dogmatic and as foolish as any Christian theist.

Do you drink Dr Pepper--acording to south park it is the Agnostic drink :)

I respct agnostics, sometimes it is harder to say I don't know

Hamar Fox
Wednesday, February 29th, 2012, 07:42 PM
*Reads thread*

*Thanks a non-existent God he's English*

MaximusMagnus
Wednesday, February 29th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Silly and ignorant is what comes to mind when I think about the American religious right. To be completely honest silly and ignorant is what comes to mind when I think about America, period.

Thats not too nice

Dohtig
Wednesday, February 29th, 2012, 08:32 PM

Everybody is an Agnostic, it is impossible as of yet to know how we all came in to existence. I for one am an Agnostic Atheist. I do not know if gods exist just like I don't know if Elves exist, yet I don't believe they do. Any person that claims they are an Gnostic Theist or Gnostic Atheist are just deluding themselves.

Most people are confused with the term Agnostic. Agnosticism deals with knowing or not knowing, it has nothing to do with believing or not believing. So you are either a Theist or an Atheist. When a person tells me they are Agnostic it still does not tell me what they believe. I usually have to press a little harder to discover if they are a Theist or an Atheist.

Dohtig
Wednesday, February 29th, 2012, 08:38 PM
To be completely honest silly and ignorant is what comes to mind when I think about America, period.

That is like saying Nazis, Pretzels and Beer are what come to mind when I think of Germany. It is a little short sighted and unfair. Many great inventors have come from America. Without their contributions the world would be a much different place.

Feyn
Thursday, March 1st, 2012, 12:59 AM
I also find agnosticism to be a valid position i can respect, especially since they never try to shove their opinion down your throat. Its really sad that the atheist movement has taken such a sharp turn for the worse ! When they had leaders like Carl Sagan i could respect them, now they are just as fundamentalist as many creationists (and often twice as arrogant), which is somehow quite ironic :D

Hamar Fox
Friday, March 2nd, 2012, 08:16 PM
Everybody is an Agnostic, it is impossible as of yet to know how we all came in to existence. I for one am an Agnostic Atheist. I do not know if gods exist just like I don't know if Elves exist, yet I don't believe they do. Any person that claims they are an Gnostic Theist or Gnostic Atheist are just deluding themselves.

Most people are confused with the term Agnostic. Agnosticism deals with knowing or not knowing, it has nothing to do with believing or not believing. So you are either a Theist or an Atheist. When a person tells me they are Agnostic it still does not tell me what they believe. I usually have to press a little harder to discover if they are a Theist or an Atheist.

But this is just semantics. To most people, agnostic is understood to mean roughly 50/50, while degrees of atheism are covered by the prefixing of 'hard' or 'soft'.

Everything is technically belief, from a philosophical point of view. It's a belief that when I think I'm not laughing at Alistair McGowan's Big Impression, it's because I'm not laughing at Alistair McGowan's Big Impression, and not because Worzel Gummidge stole my brain and placed it in a vat of nutritional fluid and hooked me up to the Matrix. It's fairly unnecessary to make a special exception in the case of atheism and demand each atheist openly acknowledge the absolute possibility of his being wrong (and, worse, in terms that are generally understood to endow the opposite view with greater credibility than it deserves). I'm as certain of the non-existence of God as I am that I'm not a brain in a vat, and that McGowan isn't funny -- in fact, more certain in the last case, since it's just my (correct) opinion, while the non-existence of God easily demonstrable from a few uncomplicated premises.

Dohtig
Friday, March 2nd, 2012, 10:01 PM
Everything is technically belief, from a philosophical point of view.

No technically Atheism is a lack of a belief. A child is born an Atheist, they have no knowledge of a god. It is only after it is told that a god exist does it start to believe. Or when it becomes old enough to start to formulate its own beliefs.

Some Atheist have other forms of belief systems. Like Humanism or sometimes Zen Buddhism or what have you, but Atheism by its self is not a belief. It is kind of like saying clear is a color.

Gewitterwolke
Friday, March 2nd, 2012, 10:15 PM
I suppose it's possible. There is a subset of individuals who say they are atheists simply because they are trying to conform, because they think it's cool. Doubtless, they are dumber than the religious person who affiliates himself with such and such faith for cultural reasons. In short, conformists are less intelligent than non-conformists and many of today's atheists belong to the former demographic.

Hamar Fox
Friday, March 2nd, 2012, 10:17 PM
No technically Atheism is a lack of a belief. A child is born an Atheist, they have no knowledge of a god. It is only after it is told that a god exist does it start to believe. Or when it becomes old enough to start to formulate its own beliefs.

Some Atheist have other forms of belief systems. Like Humanism or sometimes Zen Buddhism or what have you, but Atheism by its self is not a belief. It is kind of like saying clear is a color.

No, it means lack of a belief in divinity. This could be positive denial of the existence of God, unawareness of the possibility of the existence of God, or simply an unwillingness to subscribe to the idea that there is a God.

Primus
Saturday, March 3rd, 2012, 02:21 AM
Do you drink Dr Pepper--acording to south park it is the Agnostic drink :)

I respct agnostics, sometimes it is harder to say I don't know

I've never heard that bit about Dr. Pepper- but I don't watch South Park, not very fond of it. :thumbdown

I was raised as a Methodist, left Christianity behind, attempted to rejoin it, dabbled in heathenry, but I can only say that I simply don't know and don't have the answers. I have a gut feeling that something greater than myself (God) exists but I can't really say I've seen much evidence that's very convincing.

MaximusMagnus
Saturday, March 3rd, 2012, 04:29 AM
I've never heard that bit about Dr. Pepper- but I don't watch South Park, not very fond of it. :thumbdown

I was raised as a Methodist, left Christianity behind, attempted to rejoin it, dabbled in heathenry, but I can only say that I simply don't know and don't have the answers. I have a gut feeling that something greater than myself (God) exists but I can't really say I've seen much evidence that's very convincing.

It's hard sometimes in this world. I would be lieing If I said I didn't have doubts about why God would allow this or that, or if there is a God. For my part I know that there has to be something greater, becuase if this is all there is.... The Universe shot pretty low

Like I said before , it takes a smart and brave person to say they don't have the answers, sometimes faith is easier that saying you don't know. What ever is meant to be it will come to you

Primus
Saturday, March 3rd, 2012, 05:20 AM
It's hard sometimes in this world. I would be lieing If I said I didn't have doubts about why God would allow this or that, or if there is a God. For my part I know that there has to be something greater, becuase if this is all there is.... The Universe shot pretty low

Like I said before , it takes a smart and brave person to say they don't have the answers, sometimes faith is easier that saying you don't know. What ever is meant to be it will come to you

I've had some experiences lately, within the last year, that have made me a certain believer in God/the divine to a skeptical believer. Looking back I think that my agnostic tendencies have been developing over time gradually: first as a Christian turning into something of a deist and then a deist turning into an agnostic. I highly doubt I'll become a full-blown atheist but I can't deny that I've always had skeptical tendencies, have often asked questions, and think that the exploration, journey, search is more important than the destination. I think of it thusly: theists believe that they're already at the destination, hence no need for questioning and journeying, but I start at the beginning of the journey and rely more upon sense impressions, common sense, experiential learning, etc.

God may very well be out there but that's not the point as you can see.

MaximusMagnus
Saturday, March 3rd, 2012, 05:23 AM
I've had some experiences lately, within the last year, that have made me a certain believer in God/the divine to a skeptical believer. Looking back I think that my agnostic tendencies have been developing over time gradually: first as a Christian turning into something of a deist and then a deist turning into an agnostic. I highly doubt I'll become a full-blown atheist but I can't deny that I've always had skeptical tendencies, have often asked questions, and think that the exploration, journey, search is more important than the destination. I think of it thusly: theists believe that they're already at the destination, hence no need for questioning and journeying, but I start at the beginning of the journey and rely more upon sense impressions, common sense, experiential learning, etc.

God may very well be out there but that's not the point as you can see.

Life is a funny journey my Friend. I wish I could say somthing more profound, to match your last post--But it's late

VedicViking
Saturday, March 3rd, 2012, 11:06 AM
Yeah, there’s a big community of atheists on Youtube – and for the most part they behave like some form of frigging cult.

They insist that what distinguishes themselves from everybody else is that they base their views on ‘reason’… yet they try and win every debate by constantly calling their opponent fucktard, etc.

Then there was that time they had a falling out amongst themselves and started sending each other death threats. Yeah, go rationalism! :thumbup

Primus
Sunday, March 4th, 2012, 01:10 AM
Life is a funny journey my Friend. I wish I could say somthing more profound, to match your last post--But it's late

Sometimes the best thing to say is little or nothing at all. :) That's usually how I like to approach the topic of God- by saying little or nothing.

Maxey
Sunday, March 4th, 2012, 06:36 AM

I have recently felt left behind by the American Atheist culture because they are all so left-leaning. I feel as though I'm one of the only people in my general area who happens to be both a staunch believer in the Right and someone who completely disbelieves any notion of any God. It's really quite frustrating, and I understand what you're talking about, though I do not hate spirutality at all. Given, Judaic religions do rub me the wrong way and I tend to shy away from them if I can, I don't hate the people who follow those religions.

If it is any consolation, I am an Atheist who both understands and appreciates the Right, his cultural and pagan heritage, and most religion in general.

Slivers
Sunday, March 4th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Someone should start classifying Atheist I believe, They're in need of a good scientific review.

Gretel die Katze
Sunday, March 4th, 2012, 08:48 AM

I call this "evangelical atheism." It is when a person makes religion out of atheism. They use the same level of fanaticism as an extremist religious zealot when they reach that point. These types of atheists certainly aren't as rational, intellectual and broad minded as they believe themselves to be.

There are all kinds of atheists, and all kinds of religious people. For an atheist to issue death threats because someone suggested that there are benefits to religion - for example, meditation and fellowship - that could also be utilized by non-believers, is just...not even sane.

I've also seen people say very odd things like atheists are more intelligent than religious people. There are both religious people and atheists with varying levels of education and intelligence.

One can be a high school drop-out with an average (or even slightly below average) IQ and be an atheist. I've met these people. They don't strike me as exceptionally bright in comparison to the average religious person.

RoyBatty
Sunday, March 4th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Many of those fanatical and vocal media hungry atheists are no different to religious fanatics of any [insert your favourite cult here].

They've created their own churches of "Atheism", attempt to brainwash their flock with their particular brand of "atheist" religion and, like many of these "religious" organisations even want your $$$ money $$$, honey.

Here are the British "Humanists" Cult of Atheism. :rabbi :jew:

http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

And so many easy ways to pay!!!! :rofl

Join the BHA :fcrazy:
Donating :fcrazy:
Membership drive :fcrazy:
Leaving a legacy :fcrazy:
Donating in memory :fcrazy:
Payroll giving :fcrazy:
Giving shares :fcrazy:
Shopping at Amazon :fcrazy:

http://www.humanism.org.uk/support-us

MaximusMagnus
Sunday, March 4th, 2012, 11:18 PM
The 3 kinds of atheist:

The First kind I respect, the one who actually asks the questions, comes to a conclusion, thinks about it (Like most people on this site) It may not be the same conclusion I came up with, but they thought about, asked the questions and came up with their own answer.

The second- Is someone who just hate's religion because it condemns what he had done or is doing. The one who because the church says his action is immoral he hates the church. He never really thought through the questions, never pondered them. He is just an Atheist of the Flesh

The Third, is an atheist because they are a leftie and think being an atheist makes them look smart, or cool. these are the kind that make atheism into a religion of its own. Bill Maher comes to mind when I think of these kinds

You guys touched on another point, in America there really is no shades of grays we have become an all or nothing culture.

One last point a quote from George Carlin (the 1st kind of atheist) When you think about how stupid the average person is, half the population is stupider than that.

Primus
Monday, March 5th, 2012, 04:12 AM
Many of those fanatical and vocal media hungry atheists are no different to religious fanatics of any [insert your favourite cult here].

They've created their own churches of "Atheism", attempt to brainwash their flock with their particular brand of "atheist" religion and, like many of these "religious" organisations even want your $$$ money $$$, honey.

Here are the British "Humanists" Cult of Atheism. :rabbi :jew:

http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

And so many easy ways to pay!!!! :rofl

Join the BHA :fcrazy:
Donating :fcrazy:
Membership drive :fcrazy:
Leaving a legacy :fcrazy:
Donating in memory :fcrazy:
Payroll giving :fcrazy:
Giving shares :fcrazy:
Shopping at Amazon :fcrazy:

http://www.humanism.org.uk/support-us

Taken from their support page.

These all seem like faith-based statements to me- intellectual faith-based that is. I'll just break them down a bit as I see them:

Do you agree with the following statements?

Agree with but not believe? :D This would imply faith- which is what I consider atheism to be, a purely intellectual faith (as I said above) that is as close-minded as the most fundamental kind of theism.

1. Scientific and other evidence is the best way of understanding the universe, not religious belief.

Acceptance of science doesn't mean a person can't also have religious belief- many Catholic preachers, i.e. Teilhard de Chardin, were also scientists.

2. Right and wrong can be explained by human nature alone and do not require religious teaching.

Natural law can indeed explain human nature but natural law is often seen as a branch of philosophy and or theology.

3. What is right and wrong depends on the effects on people and the consequences for society and the world.

Moral relativism is not a good thing; in this way religion is definitely superior to a purely atheistic worldview.

Feyn
Monday, March 5th, 2012, 07:30 PM

The latest research in to the workings of our brain tells a different story. We seem to be hardwired to believe in something greater then us. You can even artificially cause an encounter. All you have to do is wear a certain cap (which some smartass decided to call "god cap") that is wired to a computer. That computer measures your brainwaves, and causes a magnetic field, that directly interferes with brain function.
As soon as the helmet is on many subjects describes a feeling of being not alone. As if someone else was in the room. Some describe it as an ordinary person, but most describe him as anything but an ordinary person, as a very powerful entity. Theists say its like god is in the room..

Now this allows us to draw 2 very different conclusions:

1. we are hardwired to sense god, and to know what that sense means (pretty much from birth on, since this is hardwired, only the conclusions differ)

2. People meeting god had just something messing with this brain function.

Both are not really good, and i guess we have to wait,till we have more data,to interpret this. I would be careful to draw fixed conclusions right from the start. But now that we have found 1 hardwired programm, that begs the question: are there more ?

Yeah, there’s a big community of atheists on Youtube – and for the most part they behave like some form of frigging cult.

They insist that what distinguishes themselves from everybody else is that they base their views on ‘reason’… yet they try and win every debate by constantly calling their opponent fucktard, etc.

Then there was that time they had a falling out amongst themselves and started sending each other death threats. Yeah, go rationalism! :thumbup

Yea we have to thank dawkins for this ^^ His readers are not aware that not everything in his books is 100%serious. They also do not realize that he uses rhetorical devices like reductio ad absurdsum and metaphors. They take everything he says literal. He is their prophet. America is the only country(I am aware of that is) that has managed to turn atheism into a religion, which is quite absurd, but often funny to watch, especially if you pour gasoline into the flamewar ^^

Dohtig
Monday, March 5th, 2012, 08:43 PM
The latest research in to the workings of our brain tells a different story. We seem to be hardwired to believe in something greater then us. You can even artificially cause an encounter. All you have to do is wear a certain cap (which some smartass decided to call "god cap") that is wired to a computer. That computer measures your brainwaves, and causes a magnetic field, that directly interferes with brain function.
As soon as the helmet is on many subjects describes a feeling of being not alone. As if someone else was in the room. Some describe it as an ordinary person, but most describe him as anything but an ordinary person, as a very powerful entity. Theists say its like god is in the room..

Now this allows us to draw 2 very different conclusions:

1. we are hardwired to sense god, and to know what that sense means (pretty much from birth on, since this is hardwired, only the conclusions differ)

2. People meeting god had just something messing with this brain function.

Both are not really good, and i guess we have to wait,till we have more data,to interpret this. I would be careful to draw fixed conclusions right from the start. But now that we have found 1 hardwired programm, that begs the question: are there more ?

I remember reading about that study actually, all it tells me is that they felt an electrical or chemical responds, and called it God. There are certain drugs that can cause this same effect, Salvia Divinorum, Mescaline, and Peyote come to mind. I'm sure these people were already inclined to believe in Theism, and that warm fuzzy feeling God cap just enhanced that preconceived notion.

There is a secluded tribe in the Amazon called The Pirahã, they have no belief in a God. In fact for being uneducated they seem very rational. I also base my statement on the fact that I have zero recollection of God before before I was informed there was one. Even as a young child I would always ask the question who created God. Of course I was eventually indoctrinated into the faith, but only because I was told I was wrong to question God and that I would burn in Hell for not believing. So I still believe my original statement to be true.

Jäger
Monday, March 5th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Can you really not see how instrumental the church was in providing the vital senses of fellowship, shared values, national identity, and national continuity?
The idea is that Christianity is neither the only belief system which can provide this nor the best.
For our modern times (wide-spread literacy, availability of transportation, etc.) it is provably one of the worse.

Feyn
Monday, March 5th, 2012, 10:01 PM
@ Dohtic :

You have completely missed the point ! You claimed that we are ALL born atheist, but this shows that´s not true ! Your brain is hardwired to get religious feelings etc. How you want to interpret tat is something else entirely, but it proves once and for all that our brains are made to be religious right from the start.
I have read some pretty fascinating articles about why that might be the case. Here a few links on this :

http://www.scienceagogo.com/news/20090004193656data_trunc_sys.shtml

http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.2307/1387852?uid=3737864&uid=2&uid=4&sid=55834114733

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/evan.10120/abstract

and since i just realized i forgot thew links in the other post, here they are concerning the "god helmet" :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_helmet

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2184059515285733378 (i9f you really wanna dig into this you should watch all of this)

http://www.shaktitechnology.com/god_helmet.htm (good summation on the subject)

hyidi
Tuesday, March 6th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Tell me Catholics and Christians' how much time do you spend at your so called great church? Yeah that's right' shut your piehole. Instead of attacking white atheists which hold the same values for European heritage you should be locking arms with us against our enemies.
I see a comon scene happen here' whites a attacking whites for different values relgion omg when will us whites learn?

Oh by the way' you say atheists are dumb, you guys look foolish by starting a thread about atheists and you so called church goers are Bickering over something so little rather than seeing white atheists as friends.

I am atheist, I do not think I'm bettrer than white Catholics / Christains
I hold the same faith as you with our native homeland Europe.

What in earth made white catholics and Christains think us atheists were better than you? I wish I was baptists by a white religion but I was not I can not help that!!!!!'

paraplethon
Wednesday, March 7th, 2012, 12:41 PM
...just as there's also an appeal with lesser races towards any authority, the serving of any kind of which is their raison d'etre . This isn't really so with the English, not even proletarian English.

And Englands Royal House fits into this...?

The position of leading British minds on religion was always a rational one.

And this includes Isaac Newton???

Huginn ok Muninn
Wednesday, March 7th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Hamar has earned a month's vacation, and this extremely divisive thread is now closed, but I will leave it here for all to see as evidence when some people inevitably ask "Why was Hamar Fox Banned?"

Edit: Insulting posts on both sides have been removed. This thread will, however, remain closed.