PDA

View Full Version : Evola on Female 'Liberation'

Siegfried
Saturday, July 10th, 2004, 11:02 AM
Excerpted from Evola's Revolt Against the Modern World:

What truly amounts to an abdication was thus claimed as a 'step forward'. After centuries of 'slavery' woman wanted to be themselves and do whatever they pleased. But so-called feminism has not been able to devise a personality for women other than by imitating the male personality, so that the woman's 'claims' conceal a fundamental lack of trust in herself as well as her inability to be and to function as a real woman and not as a man. Due to such a misunderstanding, modern woman has considered her traditional role to be demeaning and has taken offence at being treated 'only as a woman'. This was the beginning of a wrong vocation; because of this she wanted to take her revenge, reclaim her 'dignity', prove her 'true value' and compete with men in a man's world. But the man she set out to defeat is not at all a real man, only the puppet of a standardised, rationalised society that no longer knows anything that is truly differentiated and qualitative. In such a civilisation there obviously cannot be any room for legitimate privileges and thus women who are unable and unwilling to recognise their natural traditional vocation and to defend it (even on the lowest possible plane, since no woman who is sexually fulfilled ever feels the need to imitate and to envy man) could easily demonstrate that they too virtually possess the same faculties and talents - both material and intellectual - that are found in the other sex and that, generally speaking, are required and cherished in a society of the modern type. Man for his part has irresponsibly let this happen and has even helped and 'pushed' women into the streets, offices, schools, and factories, into all the polluted crossroads of modern culture and society. Thus the last levelling push has been imparted.

WarMaiden
Saturday, July 10th, 2004, 04:22 PM
I love this piece, where can i find more work by Evola?

Thanks for sharing!

Scoob
Saturday, July 10th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Great quote.

Now Western society is more and more dominated by "metrosexual" de-sexed men and high-power, manly executive women. Movies like "The Stepford Wives" portray this as progress, and retrogression to traditional gender roles as insane or immoral. Yet for a man to be true man is quite fulfilling, and many women say the same for a traditional woman's role. The two genders can compliment and magnify each other and create a synergistic effect.

Siegfried
Saturday, July 10th, 2004, 05:09 PM
I love this piece, where can i find more work by Evola?

The piece was excerpted from his magnum opus Revolt Against the Modern World. This cannot be found online (not legally anyway), but can be bought at Amazon and probably ordered at every decent bookstore. I personally love the book :)
Some interesting 'Evolian' links:

Julius Evola Text Archive (http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/1404/archive.html)
European Decadence (http://www.geocities.com/integral_tradition/decad.html) (excerpted from his work 'Pagan Imperialism', which is not available in full translation, as far as I know)
American Civilisation (http://www.geocities.com/integral_tradition/american.html)

Also interesting is Troy Southgate's Militant Imperium (http://www.rosenoire.org/articles/militant.php). It is a chapter-by-chapter review of Evola's book Men Among the Ruins, but is as much a National-Anarchist interpretation of the work as an objective summary. One of Southgate's best pieces, IMHO.

I hope this was helpful; if you have any more questions about Evola or his work, feel free to ask :)

WarMaiden
Sunday, July 11th, 2004, 03:28 AM
Thanks for all the information i really appreciate it~

Hails~

Northern Paladin
Sunday, July 11th, 2004, 06:12 AM
The Western Career Woman Phenomenon is a manifestation of feminism gone Overboard. I am Not saying there's something wrong with a working woman. It's that when a woman focuses so much of her time and efforts working and neglects raising a family. She is damaging Society.

Jack
Sunday, July 11th, 2004, 07:40 AM
'We're a generation raised by women. And I'm wondering if another woman is really what we need'
- Tyler Durden, Fight Club.

Fortunately there are a few handful of women who haven't succumbed to the destructive whirlwind of feminism - it takes a lot of digging to find gems like that though, but it's worth it.

WarMaiden
Monday, February 7th, 2005, 04:33 AM
The piece was excerpted from his magnum opus Revolt Against the Modern World. This cannot be found online (not legally anyway), but can be bought at Amazon and probably ordered at every decent bookstore. I personally love the book :)
Some interesting 'Evolian' links:

Julius Evola Text Archive (http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/1404/archive.html)
European Decadence (http://www.geocities.com/integral_tradition/decad.html) (excerpted from his work 'Pagan Imperialism', which is not available in full translation, as far as I know)
American Civilisation (http://www.geocities.com/integral_tradition/american.html)

Also interesting is Troy Southgate's Militant Imperium (http://www.rosenoire.org/articles/militant.php). It is a chapter-by-chapter review of Evola's book Men Among the Ruins, but is as much a National-Anarchist interpretation of the work as an objective summary. One of Southgate's best pieces, IMHO.

I hope this was helpful; if you have any more questions about Evola or his work, feel free to ask :)
A comrade bought me some of his books for Yule... Thanks for the information once again..

Vicky

Siegfried
Tuesday, February 8th, 2005, 09:48 AM
The Western Career Woman Phenomenon is a manifestation of feminism gone Overboard. I am Not saying there's something wrong with a working woman. It's that when a woman focuses so much of her time and efforts working and neglects raising a family. She is damaging Society.

There was a time when a single income was enough to sustain a rather large family. As more and more families shift to a dual income, we see a temporal increase in the wealth of these families. Over time, though, the economy seeks a new equilibrium (through inflation, and the like) and we arrive at a point where a dual income is necessary to sustain a family. We thus see that what started as a battle for a woman's right to choose to work, ends with women having to work. Is this 'progress'?

Thanks for the information once again..

You are welcome, WarMaiden :)

Abby Normal
Monday, September 12th, 2005, 07:54 PM
Evola was nothing more than a crackpot, and the slavish credence to his drivel exhibited by many of those who posted on this thread is absurd.

"Real sadism is a spiritual pursuit. I whip women to demonstrate not just my physical, but also my intellectual superiority to the second sex. I am not looking for the cheap titillation that many people seek from sado-masochistic sex. When I whip a woman Iím attempting to release occult energies and uniforms can help me do that. However, I prefer the outfits of the Rumanian Iron Guard to Nazi apparel. I am also very fond of the robes worn by the High Priests of various European pagan cults. That said, Iím happy to wear anything that signifies authority and power."

^ Above, your "anti-feminist friend to real men and women" shows his true colors. LMAO.

Siegfried
Monday, September 12th, 2005, 09:16 PM
"Real sadism is a spiritual pursuit. I whip women to demonstrate not just my physical, but also my intellectual superiority to the second sex. I am not looking for the cheap titillation that many people seek from sado-masochistic sex. When I whip a woman Iím attempting to release occult energies and uniforms can help me do that. However, I prefer the outfits of the Rumanian Iron Guard to Nazi apparel. I am also very fond of the robes worn by the High Priests of various European pagan cults. That said, Iím happy to wear anything that signifies authority and power."

^ Above, your "anti-feminist friend to real men and women" shows his true colors. LMAO.

Did you just make that up yourself, or where did that come from?

QuietWind
Monday, September 12th, 2005, 11:15 PM
Did you just make that up yourself, or where did that come from?

Just google her quote.....(Of course, it doesn't provide any first hand sources.)

http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/uniform.htm

http://lj.rossia.org/users/tiphareth/16527.html?nc=5

Imperator X
Tuesday, September 13th, 2005, 04:46 AM
I always roll my eyes when I hear of certain women bitching about how bad they have it. What they don't realize is the fact that men and women just have different spheres of power. Sure, men monopolize big government, but oftentimes women rule the domestic sphere. They have tremendous influence upon the children. In early formative years, infants and kids are around their mother. And then if that weren't enough, you've got women teaching the children during the early school years and they are in charge of all the discipline. It's a wonder men don't all turn out to be docile, submissive castrati.

Abby Normal
Wednesday, September 14th, 2005, 02:40 PM
I always roll my eyes when I hear of certain women bitching about how bad they have it. What they don't realize is the fact that men and women just have different spheres of power. Sure, men monopolize big government, but oftentimes women rule the domestic sphere. They have tremendous influence upon the children. In early formative years, infants and kids are around their mother. And then if that weren't enough, you've got women teaching the children during the early school years and they are in charge of all the discipline. It's a wonder men don't all turn out to be docile, submissive castrati.

Taken at face value, the notion that housewives and kindergarten teachers (Odin forbid that women become college professors! :P ) belong to a "sphere of power" even remotely comparable with that of politicians and business executives is laughable. As a piece of propaganda for the status quo, however, it is masterful.

Imperator X
Friday, September 16th, 2005, 07:54 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/Kalidasa/Joke.jpg :D

Imperator X
Friday, September 16th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Taken at face value, the notion that housewives and kindergarten teachers (Odin forbid that women become college professors! :P ) belong to a "sphere of power" even remotely comparable with that of politicians and business executives is laughable. As a piece of propaganda for the status quo, however, it is masterful.

Yeah, but who has had the most profound effect upon the executives and politicians? Women whispered behind the throne of every monarchy.

Gorm the Old
Saturday, September 17th, 2005, 04:11 PM
Abby, where have you been for the past half century ? At the university where I taught for 29 years, between 1/4 and 1/3 of the professors were women. Granted, that isn't half, but it's surely enough to be quite significant. Some fields of study have not attracted many women, and therefore, women appear to be under-represented in those areas, but this reflects women's interests rather than a deliberate effort to exclude them.
Prior to the mid-20th century, women were discouraged from majoring in fields such as physics, chemistry, engineering, and technology, but that it history. The world, and even the academic world, has changed.

Weg
Saturday, September 17th, 2005, 05:59 PM
;)

When a woman becomes a scholar there is usually something wrong with her sexual organs.

Siegfried
Saturday, September 17th, 2005, 07:34 PM
When a woman becomes a scholar there is usually something wrong with her sexual organs.
;)

No one is perfect, not even Nietzsche or Evola. I wonder why so many philosophers look down on women. I do know this was not the case among the heathen Germanic tribes. They valued what we nowadays call 'female intuition'. Tacitus wrote of this:

More than this, they believe that there resides in women an element of holiness and a gift of prophecy; and so they do not scorn to ask their advice, or lightly disregard their replies. In the reign of the emperor Vespasian we saw Veleda [a seeress who helped lead a revolt against Rome] long honored by many Germans as a divinity; and even earlier they showed similar reverence for Aurinia [another seeress] and a number of others -- a reverence untainted by servile flattery or any pretense of turning women into goddesses.

GreenHeart
Wednesday, October 12th, 2005, 11:41 PM
I agree with Evola. I am a wife a mother, and I am very happy and fulfilled in this role. I think it should be the most highly respected "job" in society!

In reality- women working actually makes them more submissive. I cant stand submitting myself to a boss working at some stressful job who tells me what to do all day long. I would a million times over rather stay home with my husband and son and be my own boss in our partnership. My husband is, like myself, egalitarian (but NOT in the political sense!) - neither dominant nor submissive.

Not that I would never want to work, but I would not want this to interfere with raising my child(ren) and I dont want to be ordered around by @$$hole bosses all day long. :P

"Remember German girl, your highest duty is to become a German mother" :D

Phaos
Sunday, November 20th, 2005, 08:07 AM
Evola was nothing more than a crackpot, and the slavish credence to his drivel exhibited by many of those who posted on this thread is absurd.

"Real sadism is a spiritual pursuit. I whip women to demonstrate not just my physical, but also my intellectual superiority to the second sex. I am not looking for the cheap titillation that many people seek from sado-masochistic sex. When I whip a woman I’m attempting to release occult energies and uniforms can help me do that. However, I prefer the outfits of the Rumanian Iron Guard to Nazi apparel. I am also very fond of the robes worn by the High Priests of various European pagan cults. That said, I’m happy to wear anything that signifies authority and power."

Oh my God, is there a limit to human stupidity?

The text posted by Abby Normal is an extract from the article "I love a man in a uniform - From fetishism to fashion and then back" by Stewart Home, posted in Head magazine.

http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/uniform.htm

For information on the Stewart Home (and his quality) visit:

http://www.thedonotpress.com/titles/cunt.html

http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/

For information on Head magazine (and its quality):

http://www.headmagazine.co.uk/

Stewart Home was still a child (12 years old) at the time of Evola's death (1974) at the age of 76.
Therefore it would be rather difficult that the two of them could have met in the... S/M scene.
(Although I have little doubt as to how much people like Mr Home would have liked and dreamed and wished to be whipped by an older authoritarian man with a monocle.)

Not to mention that in the same article, not only Evola, but also Ernst Junger and Thiriart are portrayed as active sadomasochists and... personal acquaintances of a total failure such as Mr Home... LOL

Given the above facts, you will not deny me the pleasure of calling Abby Normal a charmingly ignorant, mentally retarded biped. :)

P.S.: I cannot resist the temptation. Here's another extract of Mr Home's work, this time from his novel "Cunt" (sic).
Dedicated to my beloved Abby Normal, who -I am sure- will appreciate the talent of her sources.

"The teeny bopper's face was awash with the pleasures of multiple orgasm, so I withdrew. I rolled the girl on to her back and grabbed a tube of KY. Once she was greased up I shoved my cock into her anus and she gave out a little cry of pain as I penetrated her derri?re. Once I was up inside her, she started liking it again. This was virgin territory, no one had arse-fucked the bitch before me and her sphincter muscles gripped my cock like a vice. When I shot my load it was like falling back into fields of rape. I pulled out my plonker and was amused to see a few splashes of shit come with it. "

Source: http://www.thedonotpress.com/extracts/cuntex.html

CountBloodSpawn
Tuesday, November 22nd, 2005, 05:59 PM
you said it man, that Stewart Home guy is nothing but a fetish kink fairy who knows nothing about Julius Evola or radical traditionalism, I can't believe Abby reads that dumb shit and uses it on this forum

Abby Normal
Sunday, April 9th, 2006, 01:16 AM
Oh my God, is there a limit to human stupidity?

As you and the rest of the Evola-cult clearly demonstrate: NO.

I trust Home over that overrated crackpot Evola and his "radical (read: contradictory) traditionalism."

Siegfried
Sunday, April 9th, 2006, 08:50 AM
I trust Home over that overrated crackpot Evola and his "radical (read: contradictory) traditionalism."

You trust his S/M statement about Evola, even though the following has already been pointed out?

Stewart Home was still a child (12 years old) at the time of Evola's death (1974) at the age of 76. Therefore it would be rather difficult that the two of them could have met in the... S/M scene.

Abby Normal
Tuesday, April 11th, 2006, 08:05 AM
^

Yes.

Home never states that he personally interviewed Evola.

For all you know, the quote in question could have been recorded in an obscure diary by a contemporary of Evola's and discovered by Home during his extensive research on all things related to sadomasochism.

Siegfried
Tuesday, April 11th, 2006, 09:27 AM
As long as there's no verifiable source, I'll just file it under "slander". :)

Phaos
Sunday, July 23rd, 2006, 07:02 AM
^

Yes.

Home never states that he personally interviewed Evola.

For all you know, the quote in question could have been recorded in an obscure diary by a contemporary of Evola's and discovered by Home during his extensive research on all things related to sadomasochism.

Dear Miss Abby Normal, I think you are sexy.
And I am not the only one who thinks that.
Many people do.

You are sexy and charming.
And beautiful.
You MUST believe it.

You must love yourself.
You are such a beautiful human being.

Everyone loves you.
You are a wonderful, wonderful, unique person.

You are so clever.
Everyone admires you.

Everyone thinks that you are equal to everyone else.

No-one considers you inferior.
No-one considers you ugly. Or fat.

Life is so beautiful.
You can live a happy life.
Just think happy thoughts.

(And buy. Buy clothes. Buy jewels. Buy lipsticks. Buy all kinds of substitutes for the sentimental equilibrium that you have irrevocably lost since your early childhood.
And, most importantly... Work like a dog to buy them.)

Next case, please.

Bridie
Sunday, July 23rd, 2006, 04:59 PM
@ Phaos - you're a complete and utter nutter! :D :P

I'd say that Abby has just bought all the feminist rhetoric and propaganda out there that's shoved down girls' throats from a very young age in modern times, and that's understandable really (that being raised in a certain culture, she will be influenced by it)..... I'm pretty sure that her attitudes and opinions have nothing to do with feeling ugly or unloved. ;)

If anyone feels angry/frustrated that so many women these days shun traditional female roles, direct your anger/frustration at the source of the problem, instead of the victims.

∆meric
Sunday, July 23rd, 2006, 06:34 PM
I'd say that Abby has just bought all the feminist rhetoric and propaganda out there that's shoved down girls' throats from a very young age in modern times, and that's understandable really (that being raised in a certain culture, she will be influenced by it)..... I'm pretty sure that her attitudes and opinions have nothing to do with feeling ugly or unloved. ;)

The feminist rhetoric starts in elementary school. I can remember my first grade teacher asking how many of us had mothers with jobs emphasing that "being a wife & mommy is not a job (this was back when most mothers did'nt work outside the home) & being assigned a writing assignment in the second grade describing what we wanted to be when we grew up with the girls being told " you can be something other than secretary or nurse and you just can't say you want to be a wife or mommy".