PDA

View Full Version : Are Evangelical Christians Warmongers? (Chuck Baldwin)

Nachtengel
Thursday, December 15th, 2011, 01:44 PM
… The biggest cheerleaders for the unprovoked, unconstitutional, pre-emptive attack and invasion of Iraq were evangelical Christians. Ditto for the war in Afghanistan, the bombing of Libya, the attacks in Yemen, etc. Who is calling for the bombing of Iran? Evangelical Christians … I never thought I would hear myself say what I’m about to say, but the truth is, the term “Christian” today means anything but Christ-like. To many people today, “Christian” refers to some warmongering, mean-spirited, throw-anyone-to-the-wolves-who-crosses-them person, who then has the audacity to look down their nose in contempt against anyone who disagrees with them for even the smallest reason.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article29157.htm

Kweperlat
Saturday, June 30th, 2012, 02:37 PM
What a very true remark! And yet so difficult to answer! In my opinion it is not the fact that people profess to be Christian, that really make them Christian, but whether they have really and truthfully come to KNOW the Christ whose name they profess! When thinking about the clashes (wars) mentioned, it is notable that these battles (conflicts) were mostly between Christians and Islamic countries. We should, I think, try to understand what really gave rise to these conflicts and then try to analyse it from there.

Svante
Saturday, June 30th, 2012, 07:43 PM
I think i t is more President Obama and PM Cameron promise t o protect Israel. It is Israel that want Iran and Syrien to be in war. so now USA and UK will fight the war for Israel :mad