PDA

View Full Version : Odin Was My Grandpa.

KveldulfR
Friday, December 9th, 2011, 08:22 PM
I was adopted so I've always been fascinated with finding out about my ancestry. One could say obsessed with it. I've had all the DNA testing. German, English, Irish, Scottish, etc... I have aLOT of royalty. Once you go back just a few generations it's all over the place. Stick with me, I have a point. I did the Ancestry dot com and everything else and I assume the reason there is so much royalty is because of royal marriages for various reasons (money, treaties, etc...). Way back, I have Viking kings in my line and WAY back it actually lists Odin. I am not BSing here. Listed wife as Frigg, too. Country of origin listed Asia. Has anyone else come across information like this? Of course, I was excited, but what would this even mean? Anything would be appreciated.

Thanks,

RSG

Hersir
Friday, December 9th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Everyone has royalty in their gene pool, it's nothing remarkable. As for the Odin part that seems pretty weird. We don't even know if he lived.

Patrioten
Friday, December 9th, 2011, 09:17 PM
If you've used Ancestry.com you might have come across lineages that go back to adam and eve, I've found such lineages myself (whilst checking the lineages of royalty for example). It's not something to take seriously.

Thorbrand
Friday, December 9th, 2011, 10:55 PM
You are of course correct. As I have said elsewhere on this forum should you manage to find lineage to the Anglo-Saxon kings (or indeed any nordic Royal tree) then you can trace you ancestry back to Odin, Woden, Wotan. So...Hail brother! As I too can trace my ancestry back through the Kings of Wessex to Woden we are therefore kin :D

Kauz R. Waldher
Friday, December 9th, 2011, 11:12 PM
Wotan or Odhinn is in our blood. In our dna. Have you ever wondered why he is always described as "hiding his face" or identity? Because he is the elusive god. He's nowhere and everywhere. He disappears for long periods of time, but he's always nearby. They say he shields his face and is hard to find because he is in US. He is the all-father because it is he that binds us all as kin.

GroeneWolf
Saturday, December 10th, 2011, 05:36 AM
Everyone has royalty in their gene pool, it's nothing remarkable. As for the Odin part that seems pretty weird. We don't even know if he lived.

I wonder why people even keep bringing this up. For royal families in the Old Heathen times it was pretty common to claim decent from Gods, since that was required for being able to claim the throne. And in Christian times it was the House of David, or Adam and Eve, the claims would be based on. Or in the case of the Mergovians, decent from Jesus. Which showed that the idea from Heathen times survived and got modified to a Christian context.

Bearkinder
Saturday, January 14th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Whether one wants to believe that we were created by the gods, or the gods were men and women, in either case, we are their descendents and their kin.

The knowledge of that living in our blood is probably why Germans (Germanics in general) tend to walk around like we "own the place".

"What do you think you're the king of the world or something?"

"No, but I'm one of his kids." <gives finger>

Vindefense
Sunday, January 15th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Everyone has royalty in their gene pool, it's nothing remarkable.

Exactly, we are quick to acknowledge the kings and nobles in our bloodlines but forget that for every one of them there are scores of criminals, peasants and do nothings and it is likely that they mold who we are more so than that minute grandfather king 23 generations ago.