PDA

View Full Version : The 9 Doors of Midgard

KveldulfR
Sunday, December 4th, 2011, 03:38 PM
This book by Edred Thirsson (Flowers) is a very interesting curriculum. Has anyone gone through it, or worked through it? What was your opinion?

Thanks,

RSG

ansuz crowning
Monday, January 9th, 2012, 03:30 AM
No the only books on runes that I believe to be credible, not that Thorsons have no knowledge, are provide by Uncle Thor. They give a no nonsense practical view and guide to really understanding, how to see them in the physical world and meaning

Oski
Monday, January 9th, 2012, 03:46 AM
I haven't read that book yet.

I really enjoyed reading Leaves of Yggdrasil by Freya Aswynn.

Grimsteinr
Thursday, January 12th, 2012, 03:03 PM
I have many books that I treasure, dedicated to the study of the Germanic Runes. Among the 1st and best are those by Thorrsson. But there are many other authors who have contributed well to this body of Study. Some are very good, some just so-so. The more viewpoints you study and learn, on the Runes, the more complete your Knowledge of them will become.Of course you need to do your own meditations and find your own meanings, t oo.

We obviously do not have every book dedicated to Rune study. But we do have a 4 foot shelf and more than half of another full. Several of our texts have doubles triples and more, that we loan out to the members of our Kindred, for their use.
I recommend that beginning Runesters start with Thorsson's books first, and go on from there.

The Nine Doors of Midgard is a good Study. But, it is not a beginners book.
The student needs to have a basic knowledge of Runework AISI, before they'll gain a lot from it. But...
The more books you acquire, and study, the more you can learn. And that is our aim.