PDA

View Full Version : Standing with Stone

Elessar
Sunday, December 4th, 2011, 08:23 AM
An excellent documentary detailing the various Neolithic megalithic sites around the British Isles. Worth the watch for those interested. Beautiful scenery as well.

o9IUiR2pVw0

Wulfsige
Sunday, December 4th, 2011, 12:32 PM
I live in Avebury where one of the many stone circles are, its a wonderful place despite the tourists:D

Ocko
Sunday, December 4th, 2011, 01:42 PM
The First Building reminded me of the kivas of the Hopi.

It seems that the people there went back into the belly of mother Earth, for rebirth, Spiritual birth of the soul/spirit. Interesting would be also what Leylines are connected to it. Often those site were chosen for the knot of Leylines.

there are positive ones and negative ones.

For example the Oregon Vortex is a place of bad ones. People literally change their size (I have been there and can testify to that fact). But it also makes people dizzy and heavy.

I have not checked sites in Europe but Will do so in the near future.

Mother Earthplays a role in almost all mythologies/Religions. for us heathens it is Erda (Bertha), the mother of Thor. (His father is Odin/Woden, the Skygod.

Most likely the Irminsul was a representation of him, a column which connects the sky and the Earth, a symbol of mankind. I then would suspect that something to worship the Skygod would not be far.

The Leylines spread the energy, created in those knots along the lines and transport them through some singular stones on them to the land. Thats why churches have been built on those places.

There is a whole system of stone circles, hedges etc in Britain, those are not singular, arbitrary sites but chosen for their connections, like the knots of a net over the land.

those knots are also important places to do 'magic'.

Elessar
Monday, December 5th, 2011, 08:06 PM
As a follow up reading material, might I recommend "The Pagan Religions of the Ancient British Isles" by Ronald Hutton. An excellent overview of neolithic monuments and their functions within religous and social context in a readable,humble presentation

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/0631189467.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Wulfsige
Monday, December 5th, 2011, 08:27 PM
As we live in the outer circle of the stones we see many people dowsing in the field next to us with great success. We have ley lines running through the village and they all link the stones up and some stones can be several hundred metres apart.