PDA

View Full Version : California Initiative To Impose 'Prosperity Act'

ChaosLord
Saturday, December 3rd, 2011, 05:12 PM
SACRAMENTO, Calif.-Nearly 1 million undocumented immigrants could live and work openly in California with little or no fear of deportation under an initiative unveiled Friday by a state legislator and others.
Assemblyman Felipe Fuentes, a Democrat, is helping spearhead the measure, called the California Opportunity and Prosperity Act.
The proposal was filed Friday with the state Attorney General's Office, marking a first step toward a drive to collect the 504,760 voter signatures needed to qualify for the ballot.
Fuentes called the measure a "moderate, common-sense approach" necessitated by the federal government's inability to pass comprehensive immigration reform.

http://azstarnet.com/article_48fae88f-aedc-59ee-b117-d97c19d9fb94.html

ChaosLord
Saturday, December 3rd, 2011, 05:15 PM
So, let me get this straight! We're not allowed to enforce any laws that prevent illegals from coming in (SB 1070, Alabama's immigration law), but this country can impose "Acts" that benefit the illegal hordes?

What disturbs me more is that there are millions upon million of unemployed U.S. citizens who could use and need a job, but yet we're more worried about pandering to illegal immigrants and their interests. This makes me sick.

Rothhammer
Saturday, December 3rd, 2011, 05:32 PM
I hate to say it, but with bs like this, whoever gets my vote next election is whoever is hardest on illegals cause stuff will snowball otherwise.

Ĉmeric
Saturday, December 3rd, 2011, 09:04 PM
The name of the initiative is an oxymoron. The main reason California is in such bad shape is because of massive immigration, legal & illegal. Those immigrants cost more in social services then they pay in taxes. Typical deceptive-political advertising, trying to turn a negative into a positive.:thumbdown