PDA

View Full Version : How To Edit Posts, Delete Threads?

Axelrod
Thursday, July 8th, 2004, 05:49 PM
hi, how can i edit a post i made before and also delete a thread i started. its important, thanks.

Johannes de León
Thursday, July 8th, 2004, 05:59 PM
You can't delete it.
You can, however, edit it, but there is a time limit to do it after you have submitted your post.

Axelrod
Thursday, July 8th, 2004, 06:46 PM
You can't delete it.
You can, however, edit it, but there is a time limit to do it after you have submitted your post.
i cant edit even a second after i post. maybe its because im a new member and will be activated later.

Newgrange
Thursday, July 8th, 2004, 07:00 PM
i cant edit even a second after i post. maybe its because im a new member and will be activated later.
You can private message one of the Moderators and ask them to edit a post you
have made. The Moderators can be found in "View Forum Leaders" on the Skadi Forum Index.

Axelrod
Sunday, July 11th, 2004, 04:10 PM
You can private message one of the Moderators and ask them to edit a post you
have made. The Moderators can be found in "View Forum Leaders" on the Skadi Forum Index.
i did what you said, thanks again.

Ahnenerbe
Thursday, March 10th, 2005, 06:45 AM
I would like to be able to edit or delete all my previous posts with no limit of time. Or maybe if it's too consuming of bandwith, or memory or things like that, just let this possibility for the sustaining members only ;)...

Siegmund
Thursday, March 10th, 2005, 07:04 AM
I would like to be able to edit or delete all my previous posts with no limit of time. Or maybe if it's too consuming of bandwith, or memory or things like that, just let this possibility for the sustaining members only ;)...
Interesting idea... I'll look into it for you. :pcchattin

Susisaari
Friday, March 11th, 2005, 12:59 AM

What's the time limit now?

QuietWind
Friday, March 11th, 2005, 02:27 AM
I am not sure of the time limit, but from what I have observed when my husband is on Skadi, he can only edit a post he just made and only as long as he is still viewing that thread. If he makes another post or goes to another thread, usually he is no longer able to edit his last one. There have also been times where the server messes up and he cannot edit it at all.

Esther_Helena
Wednesday, July 27th, 2005, 02:42 PM
I too would like to be able to edit posts. Especially those with images attached. I don't want my images floating around forever.

QuietWind
Wednesday, July 27th, 2005, 02:49 PM
I too would like to be able to edit posts. Especially those with images attached. I don't want my images floating around forever.
If you wany any images deleted you can let a mod know which ones and we can delete them for you. :)

Esther_Helena
Wednesday, July 27th, 2005, 02:59 PM
If you wany any images deleted you can let a mod know which ones and we can delete them for you. :)I shouldn't have to ask.

Frans_Jozef
Wednesday, July 27th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Well, don't post them in the first place...

Esther_Helena
Wednesday, July 27th, 2005, 03:11 PM
Well, don't post them in the first place...
There are times when I feel I should be able to post an image for a brief period of time. To... coincide with what that particular thread is about. Just because I feel compelled to share an image doesn't mean it should have to stay there. For example, if I have a certain question about a facial feature, be it mine, or a friend's then after I get the answer/s there is no longer any reason for the image to remain.

Zyklop
Wednesday, July 27th, 2005, 03:11 PM
Well, don't post them in the first place... It would be nice if users could delete their own attachments in the UserCP. Works on other vBulletin boards.

QuietWind
Wednesday, July 27th, 2005, 03:27 PM
It would be nice if users could delete their own attachments in the UserCP. Works on other vBulletin boards.
Some attachments can be deleted in the User CP. Maybe Elistariel should check hers out. User CP-->attachments......

If not, members can request a deletion, or like Frans said, don't post them. For things like classifications (or any other temporary photo) people can upload them into photobucket (or something else), then post a link. People have options.

Esther_Helena
Wednesday, July 27th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Some attachments can be deleted in the User CP. Maybe Elistariel should check hers out. User CP-->attachments......

If not, members can request a deletion, or like Frans said, don't post them. For things like classifications (or any other temporary photo) people can upload them into photobucket (or something else), then post a link. People have options.
I did check out my attachements. I didn't see how to delete them though. I must have overlooked it. Can someone please tell me how?

Frans_Jozef
Wednesday, July 27th, 2005, 03:35 PM
There are times when I feel I should be able to post an image for a brief period of time. To... coincide with what that particular thread is about. Just because I feel compelled to share an image doesn't mean it should have to stay there. For example, if I have a certain question about a facial feature, be it mine, or a friend's then after I get the answer/s there is no longer any reason for the image to remain. If someone has questions about facial features, but doesn't wish her/his pictures to stay, please, stop opening threads. In stead, PM people who might help you out . It's not really well-mannered to leave senseless threads behind, right?

Or maybe call a general practician, they might know some answers too...:D

Esther_Helena
Wednesday, July 27th, 2005, 03:36 PM
I think regular members can delete their attachments from user CP, but only for a limited period of time.
I had intended to delete my photos at one point. I was banned out of the blue in December 2004, and so I couldn't.

Zyklop
Wednesday, July 27th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Some attachments can be deleted in the User CP. Maybe Elistariel should check hers out. User CP-->attachments...... Doesn´t work for regular users. There is a checkbox but nothing to delete the selected attachments.

euro-nationalist
Wednesday, August 16th, 2006, 06:55 PM
How do I edit my posts?

Aeternitas
Wednesday, August 16th, 2006, 11:30 PM
By clicking on this button at the bottom of the post: http://forums.skadi.net/images/asgard/buttons/edit.gif

N.B. Users are able to edit their posts only within a time limit of 24 hours after they have written them.

ladybright
Thursday, January 25th, 2007, 02:14 AM
I think I may need a new mouse. I got stuck and did six repeat posts on the Homophobia is a Psychological Disorder thread.I appologize for the inconvience. Thank you for cleaning this up for me.

Kaiser
Thursday, January 25th, 2007, 02:19 AM
It is fixed now.

Oswiu
Thursday, January 25th, 2007, 02:29 AM
Perhaps you should use the Report Post Function to get Staff attention drawn to stuff like this in future. :)

Carl
Thursday, January 25th, 2007, 12:24 PM
I think I may need a new mouse. I got stuck and did six repeat posts on the Homophobia is a Psychological Disorder thread.I appologize for the inconvience. Thank you for cleaning this up for me.

sounds more like a "mouse disorder" syndrome. Was it not possible to simply delete them using the edit function? -- ?

Brynhild
Monday, November 12th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Hi,

I'm having trouble removing an unwanted thread. Please help

Amorsite
Monday, November 12th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Hi,

I'm having trouble removing an unwanted thread. Please help

PM a moderator who is online. In the meanwhile you can edit the thread if the time for that hasnt passed.

Talan
Saturday, November 17th, 2007, 05:51 AM
I haven't consulted the vB BBS manual in quite some time, but I believe you can still enable user thread deletion. This couldn't be (systematically) abused for threads with no replies, so why not extend privileges in such cases? It would improve the site's appearance; ease the burden placed upon staff moderators; and save the owners some bandwidth, which I'm told has been a concern of late. Personally I delete all my posts which fall by the wayside, and I avoid starting threads for the absence of said provision. Assuming I'm not the only resident conservative, it should also improve the diversity of opinion presented to someone who has just arrived.

Blood_Axis
Saturday, November 17th, 2007, 07:58 AM
No. Because you can't imagine the weirdness that has been seen over the years.

People post insults and then delete them and accuse the other of attacking them first. People decide to leave the forum and erase their posts and make the replies to them look out of context. People edit their posts to whatever they like so that they can escape staff measures or other. Etc...

So, in the end, it is a "priviledge" that will always be abused by some members. It's better to have a duplicate hanging around for half an hour, until a moderator deletes it. Besides, there are plenty of moderators here to take care of everything.

Gefjon
Saturday, November 17th, 2007, 12:03 PM
I totally agree with Blood Axis. Besides, I think there's too much democracy around here. Democracy is ungermanic folks. ;)