PDA

View Full Version : (?) Re. The EU

Appalachian
Monday, February 28th, 2005, 03:45 AM
http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/hrhtml/hrtitle.gif

Fiddle Tunes of the Old Frontier: The Henry Reed Collection is a multi-format ethnographic field collection of traditional fiddle tunes performed by Henry Reed of Glen Lyn, Virginia. Recorded by folklorist Alan Jabbour in 1966-67, when Reed was over eighty years old, the tunes represent the music and evoke the history and spirit of Virginia's Appalachian frontier. Many of the tunes have passed back into circulation during the fiddling revival of the later twentieth century. This online collection incorporates 184 original sound recordings, 19 pages of fieldnotes, and 69 musical transcriptions with descriptive notes on tune histories and musical features; an illustrated essay about Reed's life, art, and influence; a list of related publications; and a glossary of musical terms.
http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/hrhtml/hrhome.html

Blutwölfin
Tuesday, August 30th, 2005, 02:47 PM
WASHINGTON: If you are addicted to coffee, and doctors warn you to quit the habit, don't worry, and just keep relishing the beverage, because it's not that bad after all!

Infact, according to a new study, the steaming cup of java even beat fruits and vegetables as the primary source of antioxidants.

The study by University of Scranton states that coffee is the number one source of antioxidants in American diet, and both caffeinated and decaf versions appear to provide similar antioxidant levels.

"Americans get more of their antioxidants from coffee than any other dietary source. Nothing else comes close," said study's lead researcher Dr. Joe Vinson, adding that high antioxidant levels in foods and beverages don't necessarily translate into levels found in the body.

Antioxidants in general have been linked to a number of potential health benefits, including protection against heart disease and cancer, but Vinson said that their benefits ultimately depend on how they are absorbed and utilized in the body.

The researchers analyzed the antioxidant content of more than 100 different food items, including vegetables, fruits, nuts, spices, oils and common beverages. The data was compared to an existing US Department of Agriculture database on the contribution of each type of food item to the average estimated US per capita consumption.

The results were surprising. Coffee came out on top, on the combined basis of both antioxidants per serving size and frequency of consumption. It outranked popular antioxidant sources like, tea, milk, chocolate and cranberries.

Of all the foods and beverages studied, dates actually have the most antioxidants of all based solely on serving size, but since dates are not consumed at anywhere near the level of coffee, the drink comes as the top source of antioxidants, said Vinson.

Besides keeping you alert and awake, coffee has been linked to an increasing number of potential health benefits, including protection against liver and colon cancer, type 2 diabetes, and Parkinson's disease, according to some recently published studies.

The researchers, however, advice that one should consume coffee in moderation, because it can make you jittery and cause stomach pains.

"One to two cups a day appear to be beneficial. If you don't like coffee, consider drinking black tea, which is the second most consumed antioxidant source in the U.S. diet," Vinson said.

"Unfortunately, consumers are still not eating enough fruits and vegetables, which are better for you from an overall nutritional point of view due to their higher content of vitamins, minerals and fiber," he added.

Source (http://newindpress.com/NewsItems.asp?ID=IE320050829053806&Page=3&Title=Features+-+Health+%26+Science&Topic=-162)

Blood_Axis
Tuesday, August 30th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Great news for my little coffee-addicted self :thumbs:

Blood_Axis
Tuesday, August 30th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Ditto, well, if one or two cups of coffee a day is addiction :P
I was reading several similar news articles today. After having read some time ago that beer may be good for your health, this is another pleasant surprise :coffee:
Beer and coffee, my two favorites. That is indeed good news :D

Loki
Tuesday, August 30th, 2005, 08:41 PM
I'm addicted to coffee too! :D

:food-smil

Thobjorn
Tuesday, August 30th, 2005, 08:51 PM
yes, good news indeed.

Landser_
Wednesday, August 31st, 2005, 01:30 PM
I think they mean in moderation, not caffeine-crazed addict doses.

Lundi
Wednesday, August 31st, 2005, 01:38 PM
quite, hence the "The researchers, however, advice that one should consume coffee in moderation" part :)

Caledonian
Thursday, June 2nd, 2011, 03:54 PM
SODTI_C1q_Q

Roderic
Friday, June 3rd, 2011, 02:50 AM
Asylum chaos as Damian Green insists there is no amnesty - despite 161,000 being allowed to stay in UK after Border Agency blunders

Tens of thousands of asylum seekers have in effect been granted an amnesty to stay in Britain because of blunders in the immigration system.

They are among 450,000 whose case files were found abandoned in boxes at the Home Office five years ago.

Of these, 430,000 have now been considered, and 161,000 immigrants have been given the right to stay – many simply because they have been here so long.

On top of that, another 74,500 people have been ‘lost’ because officials do not know whether they have left the country or died.

They are placed in a ‘controlled archive’ for six months while checks are carried out before they are put in storage – in effect, written off.

In a damning report, the Commons home affairs select committee said: ‘In practice an amnesty has taken place, at considerable cost to the taxpayer.’

Read more: Asylum chaos as Damian Green insists there is no amnesty despite Border Agency blunders | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1393307/Asylum-chaos-Damian-Green-insists-amnesty-despite-Border-Agency-blunders.html#ixzz1OAmbzuHX)

Feverfew
Friday, June 17th, 2011, 12:32 PM
More than 3,200 foreign criminals, failed asylum seekers and benefit "tourists" are using the Human Rights Act to remain in Britain every year despite Home Office attempts to deport them.

The majority are using the controversial Article 8 which guarantees each person the "right to a private or family life", to dodge attempts by the Home Office to either deport them or prevent them from arriving in Britain each year.

Some 1,200 EU nationals each year are being allowed to stay and claim benefits despite making no attempt to find work, because they have a spouse, partner or children living here.

Among those who have used the "family life" clause to fight deportation include Learco Chindamo, the man convicted of murdering headmaster Philip Lawrence in 1995.

Now ministers are drawing up a review of the Article 8 legislation amid fears that it is being abused.

A Home Office audit of the effect of the Human Rights Act on the immigration system has revealed that it is thwarting officials in almost every part of the system.

During the final three months of 2010, some 99 foreign prisoners successfully used Article 8 to fight deportation, equal to about 400 a year and four times previous estimates.

The right to family life was also used to block the deportation of 132 asylum seekers between October and December, while Article 3, which grants the right to protection from ill-treatment, was employed by 56 foreign criminals and 16 asylum seekers.

There are also concerns that the legislation has become too widely applied, with one Bolivian man being allowed to remain in Britain so that he could care for his pet cat. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/8581170/Thousands-using-Human-Rights-Act-to-remain-in-Britain.html (http://forums.skadi.net/redirector.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tele graph.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fuknews%2Fimmigratio n%2F8581170%2FThousands-using-Human-Rights-Act-to-remain-in-Britain.html)

velvet
Friday, June 17th, 2011, 12:52 PM
We learn: Human Rights = Terrorism

It undermines national law and even sovereignity. And it is an outright discrimination tool against any native population, because as a native you will never be able to get the form of benefits from your state that illegal immigrants and even criminals can claim based on "Human Rights".

Human Rights are also incompatible with the Law of Nations. Human Rights are in fact an act of war.

celticviking
Sunday, June 19th, 2011, 07:54 PM
A village postwoman who clung to the bonnet of her van in a ‘courageous’ bid to stop a thief driving off with the mail has been threatened with the sack.
Julie Roberts, 51, held on to the moving vehicle for a mile as it weaved through narrow country lanes in a desperate effort to thwart the crook from stealing her deliveries.
Eventually, the thief halted the vehicle and ran off with only a handful of letters.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2005549/Outrage-hero-postie-faces-sack-jumping-van-stop-thief-getting-away.html#ixzz1PkXYJn5k

celticviking
Sunday, June 26th, 2011, 07:02 PM
A Parliamentary aide who claimed a Tory MP sexually assaulted her has revealed she never wanted the case against him to go ahead.
Annabelle Fuller, 29, told how her life has been 'destroyed' since 46-year-old Andrew Bridgen was arrested over the allegation.
She said: 'I have been painted a fantasist which is so unfair. I never wanted things to get this far.
'I told the police I didn't want to take any action. I just want this nightmare to end.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2008270/My-life-destroyed-Woman-claimed-Tory-MP-groped-says-I-painted-fantasist-wanted-case-ahead.html

SaxonPagan
Thursday, August 18th, 2011, 03:40 PM
http://www.london24.com/news/crime/enfield_stabbing_murder_leroy_james_14_k illed_in_park_attack_1_997678

I would wager he was killed by a group of feral niggers, although no further details are available at this point.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7546/leroyw.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/24/leroyw.jpg/)

Leroy James, 14.

And, also ... "With two further teenage stabbings on Oxford Street - Britain’s busiest shopping area - last night, Scotland Yard moved to dismiss fears that London was in the grip of a wave of gang violence".

Edgard
Saturday, August 20th, 2011, 11:03 AM
By Damian Thompson

Next weekend, I shall be living in a police state. There will be policemen at either end of my little street, policemen on duty outside my local pub, policemen guarding the entrance to the supermarket. If I go to the shops and plan to return to my flat by anything other than the circuitous “official” route, I’ll have to show my local residents’ ID to one of the 5,000 police officers patrolling the neighbourhood.
You see, I live in Notting Hill and it’s Carnival time again. And what a special Carnival it promises to be, coming less than a month after street gangs attacked shops and restaurants bang in the middle of the parade route. Members of those gangs will be back for “Europe’s largest fun-filled event”, as the BBC wants us to think of it. That’s why this year the cost of policing it will approach £10 million for the first time.
I don’t want to sound like a killjoy. There’s plenty of fun to be had at the Carnival, as revellers glug their way through 25,000 bottles of rum to the accompaniment of dozens of screaming sound systems. But that fun comes at a price, believe me. You should read the surveyor’s report on our house. I’ve just forked out 12 grand to fortify walls loosened by the pulsating throb of the Carnival. Or “Carnivaaal”, as right-on folk pronounce it.
It’s not the event I hate so much as the multi-culti fantasy that’s been constructed around it. Here’s the biggest lie: that the Carnival “brings together” 500,000 young white and black people. Nonsense: they’re only really brought together by the unofficial kettling produced when five streams of partygoers barge into each other at the junction of Westbourne Grove and Chepstow Road.
Two groups stand out. There are the kids whose families live locally and have actually been to the Caribbean. All of them are white: the so-called “OK-Yahdies” who go to Antigua at Christmas and grow dreadlocks during their gap year. Then there are the black kids, most of whom live a long Tube ride away from Notting Hill and can’t afford to visit the West Indies.
There’s not much inter-racial banter, unless you count public schoolboys bargaining over the price of a spliff or elderly white diversity officers forcing their “outreach” on black youths. People may drift around but, my goodness, you know when you’re crossing from one sector into another: think late-Forties Berlin. The atmosphere is certainly tense enough – though for some visitors, the edginess is part of the appeal. And 2011 promises to be particularly edgy.
The truth is that the damn thing should have been moved to Hyde Park years ago: it was the only sensible plan Ken Livingstone ever came up with. Perhaps it might have been, if it hadn’t been for the cheerleading of the BBC, which refuses to deviate from its script for the Carnival. I’ve just watched an item on its website which rounds up local shopkeepers to say how bloody marvellous the festival is, and of course there won’t be any trouble etc. Only in the last few seconds of the report do we hear that “some traders do have reservations and didn’t even appear confident enough to appear on camera for fear of prompting trouble”.
An interesting choice of words, don’t you think? If you’re a scared shopkeeper who speaks out, then you’re guilty of “prompting” rioters to smash in your windows, or worse. That’s rich coming from the BBC, several of whose senior executives live in Notting Hill. But then again, something tells me that very few of them will be at home on Bank Holiday Monday to enjoy the multicultural fun.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/damianthompson/100101610/this-isnt-a-carnival-its-a-police-state/

At least the rich Wigers and the Negroes are not mixing as much as the BBC would have use believe. I think its time they band that Jamaican crap.

Sågverksarbetaren
Saturday, August 27th, 2011, 06:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hozzlkgJwg&feature=related

Why can`t there be more people like her?

Linden
Monday, August 29th, 2011, 12:11 AM
I have never liked this man, and whilst browsing through Youtube I came across this two year old video. I am not an emotional person, not at all, but watching this video almost brought a tear to my eye. This man’s mind is perhaps the sickest I’ve ever been exposed to. To make things worse, he's homosexual. :puke

f1ugsVMarRA

I do not know how this sick, twisted 'man' achieved a position of such power. He has made countless school visits over the past few year, so it is quite likely he has indoctrinated youth and encouraged those belonging to ethnic minorities to rule over the whites in Britain.

I never knew such levels of inhumanity existed.

Edgard
Monday, August 29th, 2011, 01:13 AM
I have never liked this man, and whilst browsing through Youtube I came across this two year old video. I am not an emotional person, not at all, but watching this video almost brought a tear to my eye. This man’s mind is perhaps the sickest I’ve ever been exposed to. To make things worse, he's homosexual. :puke

f1ugsVMarRA

I do not know how this sick, twisted 'man' achieved a position of such power. He has made countless school visits over the past few year, so it is quite likely he has indoctrinated youth and encouraged those belonging to ethnic minorities to rule over the whites in Britain.

I never knew such levels of inhumanity existed.

Yes I have seen this traitor on youtube before. Our rulers deliberately replace us with people who will vote for them its sick.

Roderic
Sunday, September 4th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Video in the link

BBC takes Israeli orchestra's performance off air after 'sustained audience disturbance' by pro-Palestinian campaigners

Protesters have disrupted a Proms performance by the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra at the Royal Albert Hall.

A live broadcast of the performance, which had gone ahead despite calls for a boycott by pro-Palestinian campaigners, was taken off air on Thursday night after protesters interrupted the concert at the London concert hall.

A BBC spokeswoman confirmed that the live broadcast had been taken off air on Radio 3 following the disruption.

The BBC Proms team tweeted: "We're sorry that the concert was taken off air following hall disturbance. Glad both pieces were heard by the audience in the RAH."

The team later added: "We regret that as a result of sustained audience disturbance tonight's concert was taken off BBC Radio 3."

Pro-Palestinian group The Palestine Solidarity Campaign had called for the BBC to cancel the concert, claiming that the Israeli orchestra showed "complicity in whitewashing Israel's persistent violations of international law and human rights".

It urged people to boycott the event in a protest against it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/sep/01/israel-philharmonic-proms-palestine-protest

Roderic
Tuesday, September 6th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Former British prime minister Tony Blair is godfather to one of Rupert Murdoch's young children, sources said Monday, raising fresh questions about British political links to the media mogul's empire.

The revelation emerged in a Vogue magazine interview with Murdoch's wife Wendi Deng, which also contains claims that Blair was present when Murdoch and Deng's two daughters were baptised beside the River Jordan in March last year.

A spokesman for Blair's London office and a spokeswoman for Murdoch's US-based News Corporation both refused to comment on the story in Vogue's October UK edition, which is out on Thursday.

But sources close to Murdoch's News Corporation confirmed to AFP that Blair was godfather to Grace, aged nine, Murdoch's eldest daughter by third wife Wendi. A source close to Blair also confirmed the Vogue story was true.

News of the link between former Labour premier Blair and Australian-born Murdoch comes two months after the tycoon was forced to close down his News of the World tabloid amid a scandal over phone-hacking.

The Vogue article, extracts of which were published in Britain's Daily Telegraph newspaper on Monday, says Blair attended the ceremony "garbed in white" and describes him as one of Wendi Deng's "closest friends".

Hollywood stars Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman were named publicly as godparents to Murdoch's young daughters at the time of the ceremony on the banks of the River Jordan, but Blair did not feature in photographs that were released.

Jordan's Queen Rania hosted the baptism of Grace and Chloe, eight, Vogue said.

The phone-hacking scandal dragged in current Conservative Prime Minister David Cameron when his former media chief Andy Coulson, an ex-News of the World editor, was arrested in July on suspicion of hacking and bribing police.

But it raised wider questions about the British establishment's cosy links with Murdoch, especially as Labour, who are now in opposition, made huge efforts to win over the elderly mogul's stable of newspapers.

Wendi made headlines on July 19 when she leapt to the defence of her husband after he was attacked with a "foam pie" during a parliamentary hearing into the News of the World scandal.

In the Vogue interview, which was conducted on the eve of the hearing, she defended her husband, saying: "Of course, as Rupert's wife, I think it's unfair on him to be going through this.

"I worry about him being alone. He has no PR people advising him. He tells me not to come but I'm flying to London for the hearing. I want to be with him."

She added that she had not slept for weeks due to stress.

The tycoon's wife also discussed her poverty-stricken upbringing in China in a "little funny town called Xuzhou, in the countryside, very poor.... I had never even been in a supermarket before coming to America."

She said her family did not own a fridge until she was 15 and "my parents wouldn't let me open the refrigerator door because they worried I would damage the door by opening it too many times".

A spokeswoman for Vogue UK confirmed that all the information and extracts published in the Daily Telegraph were accurate.

http://news.yahoo.com/blair-godfather-murdochs-daughter-104058874.html;_ylt=Arscgy5JYeufcO0Fq145 qldvaA8F;_ylu=X3oDMTNlZ2htOGFjBG1pdAMEcG tnAzI2ZTkyYThjLTkyNDUtMzQyMy04NjM0LTM4Zj RjY2Y4Yjg1YgRwb3MDMQRzZWMDbG5fRXVyb3BlX2 dhbAR2ZXIDZTNmNWQxMDAtZDdjMi0xMWUwLWJmZm QtNDI4ZjJkNzVhYTcy;_ylv=3

Roderic
Wednesday, September 7th, 2011, 04:49 AM
A British airport is to trial a covert lie detector test that uses thermal imaging cameras to spot signs of deception.

The device – which will be tested at an undisclosed UK airport – could in theory be used in interviews with customs officers or at passport control, to verify if people are telling the truth about their intentions to enter the country.

The thermal imaging cameras are designed to pick up subtle changes in a person’s temperature – usually increased blood flow and more heat around the eyes – that might indicate they are not telling the truth, scientists claim.

The video observations are then fed through to a computer database that stores specific facial expressions and blood flow patterns associated with lying.

The idea is that the interviewer can find out whether the person is lying or not at the touch of a button – and can carry out more intensive interviews if necessary.

It is a new approach to lie detection, as unlike traditional (polygraph) tests, people will be unaware that they are being screened.

This technique is still in the early stage of development and its success rate is expected to improve as the system is further developed.

Critics argue that the device raises privacy concerns, especially if it is widely adopted at airports.

The Home office and HM Revenue & Customs is sponsoring the research. The system under trial has been designed by Hasan Ugail, professor of visual computing at the UK’s University of Bradford.

http://www.terminalu.com/travel-news/lie-detectors-to-be-trialled-at-uk-airports-without-passengers-knowing/15190/

Gardisten
Thursday, September 8th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Ever since he retired from the Bedfordshire County police homicide squad in 2002, Trevor Marriott has been researching what he considers the most famous cold case of all — the identity of Jack the Ripper.

And now after almost a decade’s worth of research Marriott has come up with the name of the man he believes is the best likely candidate — a German merchant sailor — Carl Feigenbaum.

What’s more he’s put together a composite sketch of the suspect from a description of him that was in documents when he was jailed in 1894 at Sing Sing after he was found guilty of murdering a woman in New York City.

Feigenbaum could have been the “first transatlantic serial killer,” Marriott told the Star in a phone interview.

He pins much of his argument on statements from Feigenbaum’s American lawyer as well as shipping documents.

Marriott found that the ship Feigenbaum was believed to be on — the Nordeutscher line’s Reiher — was in Whitechapel during each of the so-called Jack the Ripper murders, except for one.

But on that date another merchant boat from the same company was docked in Whitechapel. Feigenbaum could have switched ships on that occasion, Marriott speculates.

And once Feigenbaum was imprisoned for a New York murder in 1894, and then executed in 1896, there were no more Jack the Ripper killings. That is perhaps the clincher for Marriott.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/1050403--british-ripper-expert-unmasks-face-of-suspect

Huginn ok Muninn
Thursday, September 8th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Does this look like a German?

http://media.thestar.topscms.com/images/75/f1/0a038ce244228c75ea89e5125374.jpeg

That person looks 100% Han Chinese!

MCP3
Thursday, September 8th, 2011, 08:01 PM
:(

At one time or another more than 200 suspects have been named. Previous candidates for Jack the Ripper have included: Aaron Kosminski, Prince Albert Victor, the Duke of Clarence, and Francis Tumblety.

And according to an FOI request Marriott filed in 2008 the London police had even considered “R. Churchill” — or Randolph Churchill, a respected member of Parliament

NatRev
Friday, September 9th, 2011, 08:17 PM
This bastard lives a few streets away from my nephew who is 8.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-14851592

6 Years!

I ask you... SIX YEARS for abusing little kids... :-O

I could rob a bank tomorrow and get at least twice that...

I have heard there is a 100% guaranteed remedy for sexual predators...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_fzuoPz_oAT8/SRNvuEMPBKI/AAAAAAAAALM/zWp7BAi_LvQ/s400/man%2520hanging.jpg

MCP3
Sunday, September 11th, 2011, 04:55 AM
Blair Backs Regime Change In Iran And Syria

Tony Blair has backed "regime change" in Iran and Syria in an interview to mark the tenth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. The former prime minister told The Times he blames "external factors" such as Iran for prolonging the conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq for so long.He also suggests Iran's threat to the area remains "immense" and that the West must be prepared to use force if Tehran pursues its nuclear ambitions.
"Regime change in Tehran would immediately make me significantly more optimistic about the whole of the region," Mr Blair said.

Sky's foreign affairs editor Tim Marshall said: "(Mr Blair) says the threat is bigger and deeper now than it was in 2001 in the weeks after 9/11.
"That's a debatable point. Some people say that the jihadist ideology is sinking. Other people don't accept that and say the franchise puts us in more danger than ever.
"(Mr Blair and Mr Sarkozy also) believe that this 'left' and 'right' (split in politics) is old-fashioned."
Mr Blair is expected to spend Sunday in the Middle East due to his role representing the Quartet - the US, the European Union, the United Nations and Russia.

Blair: Iran needs new regime
http://news.sky.com/home/politics/article/16065747

5 days ago we could read:

Tony Blair 'godfather to Rupert Murdoch's daughter'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-14785501

The Horned God
Sunday, September 11th, 2011, 05:17 AM
Tony Blair has backed "regime change" in Iran and Syria in an interview to mark the tenth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.

Good. Nobody wants a Nuclear armed Iran led my religions nuts. And no, Iran with nuclear weapons is not the same as America or Britain or France or even Israel having Nuclear weapons.

Islam is an expansionist ideology. Shiite Iran might very well decide that it wants to conquer Sunni Iraq and Saudi Arabia and unite them under a Shiite ruled government, and if Saudi Arabia is engaged in a war then the oil supply stops and the world economy is crippled.

Roderic
Wednesday, September 14th, 2011, 12:54 AM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/09/09/article-0-0DCB503B00000578-67_468x458.jpg

An obese benefit cheat had her case postponed because she could not squeeze into an old-fashioned courtroom.

Beverley Douglas – who admitted nearly £35,000 of fraud – claimed she could not get into the dock of Court One at Inner London Crown Court to face 13 charges.

Yesterday, after parking her red Dodge Avenger outside, the 43-year-old walked with a frame to a more modern courtroom to enter her guilty pleas to 11 of the counts – and was warned by the judge that she faced jail.

But she was not required to enter the dock by Judge Diana Faber, who allowed her to remain seated in the public gallery.

Her barrister, Abigail Penny, stood beside her indicating what her pleas should be, but Douglas was so short of breath her replies were barely audible.

Earlier, Miss Penny said as part of her mitigation that she would be presenting a hospital report on behalf of the fraudster, adding: ‘Miss Douglas is an extremely unwell woman.’

In May, Douglas told officials she could not climb the stairs to a narrow secure doorway leading to the dock of oak- panelled Court One, thought to have been built in the Edwardian era.

She sat outside while Judge Roger Chapple agreed to adjourn the hearing so she could appear in one of the court’s more modern rooms, which have wider doors.

Douglas, of Thornton Heath, South London, is accused of claiming £34,790 of state handouts while working as a bus driver and a CCTV officer.

She admitted nine counts of making a false representation and two of dishonestly failing to notify a change of circumstances between March 15, 2004 and February 26, 2009.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2035651/Obese-benefit-fraudster-squeeze-courtroom-facing-jail-admitting-35-000-fiddle.html#ixzz1XUr6J8Iy

Ediruc
Wednesday, September 14th, 2011, 01:00 AM
Oh, dear God, what a fat disgusting pile of matter. :fduck:

Roderic
Wednesday, September 14th, 2011, 01:02 AM
NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) — Armed men shot dead a British man and kidnapped his wife from a beach resort in northern Kenya near the border with lawless Somalia, officials in the East African nation said Sunday.

Police Commissioner Mathew Iteere said Sunday that the couple arrived at the resort Saturday after visiting Kenya's Masai Mara reserve. He said they were the resort's only guests.

Other sources said they were staying at the Kiwayu Safari Village resort about 30 miles (about 50 kilometers) north of the island resort of Lamu.

Iteere said attackers were able to enter their dwelling easily as the door was just a piece of colorful cloth hanging from a rod. He said police believe the husband resisted and was shot.

Iteere said the attackers took the woman away by boat. He did not say where the attackers may have been from.

A Kenyan security official said a policeman arrived at the scene and saw six men carrying away the woman. He didn't shoot out of fear she could be hurt. The official spoke on condition of anonymity as he said he wasn't authorized to speak to journalists.

Britain's Foreign Office confirmed the attack in a statement and said they are working closely with Kenyan officials.

"We have deployed a consular team from our High Commission in Nairobi and are offering all possible support to the family of those involved," the statement read. "Our thoughts are with them at this difficult time. We are working to secure the safe and swift release of the British national who has been kidnapped and ask those involved to show compassion and release the individual immediately."

There was no answer from the resort, which consists of 18 luxury cottages spread along a private beach.

It was not known if the attackers came from neighboring Somalia, where pirates often prey on foreigners and an al-Qaida-linked insurgent group called al-Shabab holds much of the south, or if they were Kenyans.

A statement posted on the Foreign Office travel advice website said: "We continue to advise against all but essential travel to within 30 kilometers of Kenya's border with Somalia. There have been previous attacks by Somali militia into Kenya. Three aid workers were kidnapped in July 2009, and two western nuns in November 2008."

In 2007, the U.S. Embassy warned that Somali-based Islamic extremists might try to kidnap Westerners at beach resorts near Kiwayu Island.

Still, attacks on tourists are unusual in Kenya, which is popular for its safari vacations and pristine beaches.

http://news.yahoo.com/kenya-police-briton-killed-wife-kidnapped-154844575.html

Ocko
Wednesday, September 14th, 2011, 02:52 AM
As our 'president' is supposedly half-somalian one can see his heritage.

Ediruc
Wednesday, September 14th, 2011, 02:56 AM
Why the hell would you go on vacation in Kenya in the first place? Isn't that advertising yourself to be killed in the first place?

Ocko
Wednesday, September 14th, 2011, 04:16 AM
At least he had the honor to fight though he obviously wasn't prepared.

That idiot believed in the goodness of n*ggs and he paid the price for his naivite, his wife is obviously paying now for trusting her naive husband.

Neophyte
Thursday, September 15th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Why the hell would you go on vacation in Kenya in the first place? Isn't that advertising yourself to be killed in the first place?

You think that people should be aware that large parts of Kenya are a war zone and that the rest is plagued by poverty, crime and inter-ethnic violence and riots. But no, all people see is beaches, wild four-legged animals and jumping Maasai. :|

At least he had the honor to fight though he obviously wasn't prepared.

On the plus side, to say something nice about the place, AK47s are real cheap and easy to come by there. :P

That idiot believed in the goodness of n*ggs and he paid the price for his naivite, his wife is obviously paying now for trusting her naive husband.

Or he believed that Kenyan authorities have the same control over their territory as do the British. Hint: they don't. Policing is a little more lax and "patchy" in Kenya than in, say, Essex.

SaxonPagan
Monday, September 19th, 2011, 12:32 AM
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/9799/futurenews.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/718/futurenews.jpg/)

:-O

Ediruc
Monday, September 19th, 2011, 12:53 AM
Well I'm sure they'll be better than the current refugees entering the country :D :P

Untersberger
Monday, September 19th, 2011, 01:04 AM
Exciting.. these peoples have been known to be hard working and to live off social security is considered absolutely dishonourable in their culture. They are also forbidden to mix with any natives of the host nation unless in absolute extreme exceptional circumstances.(?)

They are also strictly to adhere a return to the home planet just as soon as it is safe and then in return pay a substantial amount of money back to the host nation whom accepted their temporary refuge whilst their lives were endangered.. This is a natural monetary obligation even when the host nation kindly refuses this payment in gratitude.. In this circumstances the money would be transferred to help people starving in neglected parts of this planet or to fund education to benefit the people of the third world to help them prosper their nations better so that their people dont flee overseas as the excuse always given for a better life..

:P

Ocko
Monday, September 19th, 2011, 01:10 AM
I am sure the health industry shares will gain.

Berrocscir
Monday, September 19th, 2011, 07:14 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Hughes#Bermondsey

Þoreiðar
Monday, September 19th, 2011, 09:18 PM
To make things worse, he's homosexual.Oh well, he will receive his righteous justice by Sharia law, should his wishes ever come true. :D

Wræcca
Thursday, September 22nd, 2011, 05:56 PM
Boston Lincolngrad

by Peter Hitchens

You cannot get much deeper into England than you do under the huge skies of Lincolnshire, where land and sky and water meet and the impossibly beautiful tower of Boston’s ancient church reaches towards the clouds.

I came here first nearly 30 years ago and had a sense of penetrating a sleeping, utterly undisturbed part of the country. The Sixties had not really happened. There were no motorways. Life was slow, a little shabby, but untroubled by the fake urgency of more modern places. I half-expected to meet Lord Peter Wimsey, Dorothy L. Sayers’ aristocratic detective, on his way to solve the mystery of The Nine Tailors, set in this haunting countryside of fens, dykes, floods and bell towers.

Respectability was still strong, and so was the sense of belonging. Because I was from outside Lincolnshire, they rather charmingly called me a ‘foreigner’. How shocking it is, then, to return and find Boston so strangely and unexpectedly transformed. In the past few years this place has seen drunken street battles between locals and migrants, some nasty assaults and a continuing air of suspicion and dislike that it is hard to miss – yet which cannot be openly expressed.

At one major road junction, a huge poster demands a ban on the public drinking of alcohol. Knowing that rowdy street-drinking (and public urination) is one of the main local complaints against migrants, I cannot help wondering if this is not some sort of covert protest against their presence.

If you look carefully as the train from Grantham rolls into the station, you can see the blasted, scorched lock-up garage where, a few weeks ago, five men died in an explosion that could be heard five miles away across the great fields of leeks, sprouts and beetroot that surround the town. We may say with some certainty that they were trying to make illegal vodka, and that they came from Eastern Europe. Police investigations are still continuing into the background of this nasty business.

But another, slow-motion explosion has also hit Boston. Here, of all the unlikely places, a somnolent and kindly town has been upset, alarmed and riven by mass immigration in its hardest and most uncompromising form.

Note here that I use the word ‘immigration’, not ‘immigrants’. All the people who have been hurt, uprooted and upset by this rather cynical piece of social engineering are pretty much free of blame.

Who can honestly disapprove of the poor person from Lisbon, Riga or Bucharest, with a family to house and feed, tempted to uproot his or her life by the promise of wages unthinkable at home?

There is something brave and commendable about their willingness to live in crowded, shared lodgings, eating cheaply and saving hard; an experience we should all go through at some time or another.
Who can frown on the farmer who welcomes the fact that he suddenly has a reliable source of hard-working young men and women ready to lift his crops for long hours without complaint?

And who can blame the people of this ancient place, nervous, baffled and disquieted by the sudden arrival of hundreds of people who do not speak English, who are ignorant of our customs, who move among us like interplanetary visitors, so cut off that they could not even understand a shout of ‘Help!’, let alone laugh at our jokes?

If you seek a villain, you’ll need to look elsewhere, in warm and comfortable rooms occupied by complacent, powerful people whose only experience of immigration is cheap, exotic restaurants and cheap servants

Here in the English fenland, everyone involved is a victim of enormous, irresistible powers. Those abstract ideas called ‘market forces’ and ‘free movement of peoples’, so beloved of academics, politicians and journalists far away in London, come to life and stalk the streets. Like most grandiose ideas, they are not as nice as they sound.

In Boston, what they mean is this. On a 20-minute walk from railway station to bed-and-breakfast, I meet and see almost nobody who speaks English. Most of the few I do see are the kind of people nobody wants to employ: the only players in this sad melodrama who might conceivably have chosen a different outcome.

In the shadow of the great church, big enough to be a cathedral and now absurdly large for the mainly Godless town at its feet, the home-grown English youths are there with their cans of lager and their hoodies, shouting and cackling. I have to mention this because there is also no shortage of young Eastern Europeans who end up in court here charged with urinating in public places, obviously drunk.

The difference is that the British louts are the end-product of decades of social tenderness, child-centred education and welfare. But the newcomers, emptying their bladders where they stand or driving drunk and uninsured after an evening of illegal hooch, are the end of 70 years of miserable communism, deliberate demoralisation and a culture of desperation and drunken oblivion. Both systems have more in common that you might suspect.

Ban the booze: Locals in Boston have started a campaign to stop people drinking on the streets of the town as rowdy street-drinking (and public urination) are two of the local complaints against migrants
I came to Boston at the invitation of a man I shall call Ted. He wanted me to see at first hand a place that cannot really cope with what is happening to it. He tells a disturbing story about strange events soon before the migrants arrived, around the turn of the century.

A small advertisement in one of the local papers asked people who were worried about immigration to contact a phone number. Ted did. He describes what happened.

‘The advertisement read, roughly, “Are you concerned about large numbers of migrants arriving in Boston?” with a mobile phone number to contact. I felt very concerned with the number of immigrants being talked about at that time, 5,000 Portuguese! We little knew that was only the beginning of a much greater number from all over Eastern Europe, Iraq and Russia who would be arriving in their thousands.

‘I phoned the mobile and was only given a Christian name, “John”, I think. He was quite vague and would not give more information, only to say he was a concerned resident and was looking to meet anyone who felt the same. He said he was going to organise meetings etc and would be in touch and asked for my contact details, which I gave.

‘As I had not heard from him or seen anything in the paper, I rang the mobile again. He suggested we meet up in the Red Cow pub in the town at midday. He was about 5ft 10in to 6ft, short fair hair (not skinhead), looked fit, casually dressed but smart. He definitely did not have a Lincolnshire accent.

‘He bought half a pint of bitter and we sat in a quiet corner. He asked me what I did, and would I be prepared to go on a demonstration march through Boston; what were my thoughts on the proposed mass immigration into Boston and how far would people be prepared to go to register their disapproval.

‘I told him how I felt, that a small community like Boston should not be swamped with immigrants. It is not about race, it is about keeping things in proportion. Nothing materialised, no leaflets no demonstration, nothing. So I rang him again, and got a very short answer that “he would be in touch”. After that, the number was not in use.

‘I am fully convinced the guy I met worked for the Government and was sent to Boston to see what the public reaction would be. Not long afterwards, there was a public meeting on the subject. Among the listed speakers was a representative of the BNP.’ :-O

As Ted, a mainstream, conservative-minded businessman, says: ‘If you want to kill off any political opposition to any issue you invite the BNP.’

I include this story because I have long been haunted by the extraordinary and astonishing revelations of Andrew Neather, a former New Labour speech writer who worked for, among others, Jack Straw. He wrote in a London newspaper in 2009 that the huge immigration increases in the past ten years were at least partly caused by a desire in government to change the country and ‘rub the Right’s nose in diversity’.

He said Labour’s weaker border controls were a deliberate plan to ‘open up the UK to mass migration’ but that Ministers were nervous about discussing this openly, for fear of losing working-class votes. So instead, they just went on and on about the supposed economic benefits of welcoming more migrants. Boston, interestingly, is a mainly Tory area, where Labour did not need to worry about lost votes

Well, as Boston shows, there definitely are benefits to immigration. Thousands of hard-working young men – no one seems to know how many thousands – are helping to harvest the dull but necessary vegetables that Lincolnshire grows. Local landlords have no trouble in renting property, and Boston is going through a small housing boom, with lots of new blocks of flats and housing estates, as well as some pretty dispiriting caravan encampments close to the farms. Officially, Boston’s population is 61,000, but the borough council believes the true figure is more like 70,000.

The immigrants are paying their council tax and their income tax, and spending a bit in some of the local shops – but I’ll come to that. Their children are now arriving in the schools. At one, Park Primary, just over half the pupils do not have English as a first language. We might expect this in London’s Tower Hamlets or parts of Manchester or Bradford. But in Boston?

'I told him how I felt, that a small community like Boston should not be swamped with immigrants. It is not about race, it is about keeping things in proportion.'I’ve spoken to teachers who are actually quite pleased by the new arrivals. Their presence has forced the local authority to pour money into schools that were previously at the back of every queue and at the bottom of every pile. In some classes there are now as many as four expensively hired adults trying to overcome the language barriers caused by the presence of children who speak Russian, Polish or a Baltic language at home.

Teachers insist that all is well. How would you prove it wasn’t? Parents may suspect otherwise but they will have learned, like everyone else in Britain, that it is all too easy to be dismissed as ‘racist’ if you make a public fuss about such things. And as usual, the parts of the town most affected are the poorest streets, where people are least equipped to protest.

Of course ‘race’ has nothing to do with it. Boston’s migrants are white-skinned Europeans. What separates them from us is culture: upbringing, manners, tastes in food, history and language.

A few dozen such people in any place would be easy, even beneficial. But thousands of them, all at once, in a small town, mean the creation of a great invisible barrier, snaking down every street and cutting through every district and many lives.

On West Street, known by locals as ‘East Street’ for obvious reasons, there are half a dozen independent shops selling Baltic, Polish and Russian food, an internet cafe used mainly by Eastern Europeans and a Polish restaurant. Nearby there’s a rather inviting Latvian pastry and cake shop.

Almost certainly, without the migrants, these places would be boarded up, or charity shops. But what consolation is that to born-and-bred Bostonians who see parts of their home town transformed into a foreign zone?

Enter these shops and you will find them selling vodka (one brand rather tactlessly named ‘Boom’), and the pickles, spicy salami and smoked meats that are the staples of the Baltic diet. The brands of cereal, biscuits, beer and sweets are all unfamiliar. They are a little piece of Eastern Europe. I suspect I am the only English-speaking customer most of them have seen.

In one shop I find a middle-aged Polish businessman who is happy to talk to me. I ask what brought him here. His answers may surprise you. ‘Britain is the best country in Europe to work in. You are more open-minded, more helpful, more friendly to newcomers than anyone else in Europe.

‘I like this country . . . I like to live and work here.’ He compares us most favourably to the unwelcoming, prejudiced Germans (lol and calling Germans 'unwelcoming' isn't prejudiced ) who are far closer to his home region in Western Poland.
But – and I have to press him to talk about this which he says is ‘a very delicate matter’ – he is baffled by the unwillingness of the British to take the jobs on offer.

‘Many of you just don’t want to work. You take incapacity benefit [he knew the exact English phrase]. You just assume you’ll get money from the Government.’ (insert swear word here)

'Britain is the best country in Europe to work in. You are more open-minded, more helpful, more friendly to newcomers than anyone else in Europe.'He finds this attitude unbelievable. It wouldn’t be possible in Poland. ‘It’s just not true that we take your jobs,’ he says emphatically, ‘I’ve been working here for a long time now, and I know this – that all businesses want reliable, friendly, helpful workers. That is all we do. You can do it too.’

Of course, there are British workers who complain with justification that they have been undercut by cheaper East European rivals – and are then asked to go round and fix the mess that they have made. But in the end such people face the horrible truth, well known to the British Government and the EU, that one of the purposes of mass immigration and open borders is to push down our wages.
Perhaps if TV presenters and MPs could be replaced by cheaper Polish immigrants, they would be more concerned about this. As it is, they just rejoice that nannies cost less than they used to, and restaurant meals are cheap.

But there is another reason the locals may be failing in this competition. It is summed up in a smart and obviously well-financed little establishment, paid for by taxes, itself not far from a flourishing business specialising in providing interpreters.

Slip inside this ‘Resource Centre’ and you find it full of advice on how to poison yourself with illegal drugs. There is information on nine different types of syringe, and warnings not to mix your drugs with lemon juice; to rotate your injection sites, and to angle the needle correctly. There are posters threatening unconvincingly that, if you sell the methadone provided to you by the taxpayer, you could face penalties ‘up to life in prison’.

The very existence of this establishment, with all that it implies, helps to explain why young men and women growing up around here have been so easily supplanted by strangers who do not even speak the language of our country.

No, it is not that they are all drug-takers. It is that our welfare state assumes that any weakness, any failing, any bad habit, requires help and public money rather than moral guidance and stern limits to behaviour. The same is true in the classrooms, and in thousands of homes.
The newcomers have been in a harder school. They have grown up in a cold grey world where if you don’t learn, you fail your exams, if you don’t work, you go hungry, and where if you don’t obey the law, it lashes out at you with a club.

Offer such people free entry to Britain, and they will think they have come to paradise, even if they have to sleep ten to a room and work until their backs break for the minimum wage. Sooner or later they, too, will be corrupted by it.

There is nothing here for our comfort. I came away from Boston wanting to tell the truth about it, without making it worse. It is easy to understand the frustrated resentment of decent people whose friendly, known world has been destroyed by distant politicians.

It is not hard to sympathise with a young man or woman with the guts and energy to come hundreds of miles to find work that locals do not much want to do.

But it is impossible not to be angry with the politicians who either couldn’t imagine what their policies would bring in practice, or did not care. The destruction of familiarity and security cannot be measured in money.

And I suspect they encouraged this vast migration because they lacked the courage or the will to confront the huge problems of broken families, feeble schools and welfare dependency: the real causes of the so-called labour shortage.

By doing so, they have done deep and lasting damage which has already led to bloodshed and hatred, and which could easily lead to more in the years to come. Yet nothing will bring them to admit it, or to change their minds. They never visit their own country and I do not think they give a damn about it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2037877/Boston-Lincolngrad-The-strange-transformation-sleepy-English-town.html

Top rated comment on the arcticle:

Wierd how this country got by perfectly well without all this mass immigration ..... and now we have it , the country is broken. No wonder our youths are despondant . They and their parents were led to believe in a good life ...... and what did they end up with ? Live like a migrant on poor wages ,10 to a room or nothing . Why should our own people have to put up with this ?. This country and its own people has been sold well and truly down the river by traitors.

The end of the beginning?

Hamar Fox
Thursday, September 22nd, 2011, 06:35 PM
Hitchens is also part of the problem, being part Jew, and naturally being a hardcore Jew worshipper (though this is by dint of his being a neocon, not part-Jewish). Add to that his hatred of 'racism'. If he were a little more free-thinking, he'd simply accept his obviously racist instincts and stop making himself look a self-denying weakling, but this isn't going to happen, since he's not too bright. He also whines a lot about things, but opposes any solutions to the things he seems to dislike. The dullard has a fairly large fanbase (of like dullards, but ones that can and do vote, nonetheless), and if he adopted a pro-BNP stance (or even abandoned his anti-BNP stance), BNP membership would increase and we'd take at least a small step in a better direction.

I've long since stopped caring what neocons think about anything. For a time, when I was about 16-17, I used to think that was the only way to oppose unhappy racial processes, but even then I was disturbed by what seemed to be a complete lack of interest in race among them. I also found them to be excruciatingly uninteresting people. So I grew up and realised they were as big a waste of space as liberals, and are only 'racist' or 'race conscious' in the imagination of leftists and by contrast with their particular brand of unmitigated moralfaggery.

Edgard
Wednesday, October 5th, 2011, 12:36 PM
By REBECCA CAMBER

Accused: Case worker Michael Jackson Prince-Bailey was charged with dealing drugs in a CPS building
A corrupt Crown Prosecution Service worker sold drugs to colleagues right under the noses of Britain's top prosecutors, a court heard yesterday.
Michael Prince Jackson-Bailey, 31, allegedly peddled drugs at CPS headquarters, where he worked in a UK Border Agency team that deals with drugs cases.
The father-of-one is accused of supplying cannabis to staff who worked on drugs smuggling prosecutions.
In a hugely embarrassing case for the CPS, Jackson-Bailey was allegedly found to have secretly stashed seven bundles of cannabis in a rucksack under his desk at Rose Court, Southwark, South London, where some of the most important criminal cases in British history have been handled.
Inner London Crown Court also heard how he received text messages from colleagues asking him to bring in drugs.
Jackson-Bailey denies dealing drugs, claiming he has been framed in an extraordinary conspiracy by CPS prosecutors and management who wanted to sack him because they were racist.
Jackson-Bailey, who had previously worked for Revenue and Customs prosecution teams for eight years, was caught on February 3.
He was stopped by a routine police patrol on his lunch hour, after he was seen behaving suspiciously with another man down an alley in Brixton, South London.

The court heard that officers found two wraps of cannabis in his pocket and also searched his home, where they found ten bundles of cannabis worth around £250, scales and three mobile phones on which they recovered texts from his alleged clients.
The day after his arrest Jackson-Bailey is said to have confessed to his boss, senior prosecutor Tania November, that he had been dealing drugs to colleagues.

Embarrassing: The CPS office in Rose Court, Southwark, where Jackson-Bailey worked
He told her that he had cannabis in his rucksack at his desk, and complained that he should not be the only one to face charges.
Miss November told the court: 'He started by saying that he was upset about the decision because he was "taking the rap" for others.
'In other words, in his account, others were involved.
'He said that the cannabis he had had was in order to give to others in my office.
'He said that he did not wish to give names. I asked him whether there was going to be some pretty nervous people in the office today and he said "yes".'
Prosecuting, Benn Maguire told jurors: ‘The issue for you is whether Mr Jackson-Bailey intended to supply any of the drugs found in a rucksack at the CPS offices where Mr Jackson-Bailey was employed with the UK Border Agency team working on drugs importation.’
But Jonathan White, defending, claimed that CPS prosecutors had fabricated the confession.
Jackson-Bailey admits possessing class B drugs, but denies two counts of possession of a class B drug with intent to supply.
The case continues.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/10/04/article-2045300-0E3905E000000578-262_233x494.jpg

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2045300/CPS-office-worker-Michael-Prince-Jackson-Bailey-sold-cannabis-colleagues-working-drug-smuggling-cases.html#ixzz1ZuFDjEip

This positive discrimination rubbish must stop. Who would not see this coming?

Gardisten
Wednesday, October 5th, 2011, 04:29 PM
A STALKER obsessed with the Queen died in his secret island den next to Buckingham Palace and lay undiscovered for three years.

Robert Moore’s body was found on West Island in London’s St James’s Park by a tree surgeon.

His hideaway home, a small, leafy piece of land with no public access, has an excellent view of Buckingham Palace.

Police have revealed that Mr Moore, 69, sent hundreds of “strange and offensive” packages to the Queen over 15 years, including obscene photographs. He arrived in the UK in 2007.

Some of the American’s “peculiar” letters to the Monarch ran to 600 pages. He also posted a copy of his passport and boxes falsely warning that they contained dangerous substances.

Mr Moore’s extraordinary life emerged at an inquest at Westminster Coroner’s Court. His place of death and lengthy obsession raised potential security concerns.

The tale has drawn comparisons with the famous case of a Frenchwoman who thought George V was sending her signals by moving the curtains of his royal residence.
ì
Robert Moore’s body was found on West Island in London’s St James’s Park by a tree surgeon
î

Detective Sergeant Mike West, of Marylebone police station, told the inquest: “He had a fixation with the Queen and the Royal Family.” Mr Moore’s skeleton was found beside vodka bottles and a cushion. Tests could find no evidence of injury.

A pathologist estimated the corpse had been on the island for about three years. No relatives have been traced, but a passport matching the one Mr Moore sent to the Queen was found near his remains.

Coroner Dr Fiona Wilcox gave a cause of death as “unascertained”.

A spokesman for The Royal Parks said: “We are planning to carry out thorough inspections on a more regular basis.”

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/275359/Stalker-died-in-island-hideout-beside-Palace

Edgard
Saturday, October 8th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Madness! Secret diary of a Labour Immigration Minister who rails against Human Rights Act
By BRENDA CARLIN

It’s not only Conservatives who rail against the Human Rights Act - as these extracts from the private diary of former Immigration Minister Phil Woolas amply demonstrate...
A Labour former Immigration Minister last night said Theresa May was right to say human rights laws make a mockery of the way Britain deals with asylum seekers.
Phil Woolas also released extracts from an explosive diary revealing the ‘absurd’ degree to which the immigration service was hampered by court rulings on human rights.

Support: Phil Woolas says that Theresa May was right to criticise human rights laws
Mr Woolas, who was in charge of immigration policy at the time of a court ruling to let a Bolivian escape deportation partly because he had a cat, said he ‘strongly agreed’ with Home Secretary Mrs May.

At the Tory conference last week, she used the case of Camilo Soria Avila and his cat Maya to justify her plans to rein in abuse of Labour’s Human Rights Act, sparking a row with Justice Secretary Ken Clarke who disputed her account.
But Mr Woolas said: ‘Some people, Ken Clarke included, assumed Theresa had made it up. But she didn’t need to. I should know.’

Cat fight: Maya, left, and his owner Camilo Soria Avila, right, were at the centre of a row between Ken Clarke and Theresa May over immigration
Mr Woolas, Immigration Minister from October 2008 until the 2010 election, was unaware of the cat ruling until he saw it in newspapers. But to back his case that the Human Rights Act and European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) were crippling the immigration system, he released extracts from his private diary as a minister.
Published below, they reveal his anger at learning:
Osama Bin Laden’s son could use British Freedom of Information rules to see Government files rejecting his visa application, even though he lived in the Middle East.
A suspected drug lord was freed because the French navy vessel which caught him took too long to bring him to port and charge him.
A convicted rapist due to be deported could still get British legal aid in India to fight for custody of his estranged son.
There was a challenge to the Lords against deporting someone to Greece because the Greek asylum system might breach the person’s human rights.
He added last night: ‘The root of the problem is that the original human rights rules gave protection against persecution to citizens of Europe.
‘Yet over the years, judges’ decisions have extended these rights to people who are simply in Europe. We cannot put right the wrongs of dysfunctional countries from the courtrooms of Britain. That’s why the Home Secretary is right to seek to amend the law to give power back to Parliament.’
He said that ultimately, the only solution was to negotiate changes to the ECHR.

January 7, 2009
The Red Box is full of the usual.
Lots of examples of how the courts frustrate the asylum and immigration system. Tonight I got an example of an immigration judge ruling that in the case of a failed asylum seeker we want to send back to Vietnam, the judge has said that he – as well as the Home Secretary – must be satisfied that the reception conditions in his home country are satisfactory!
How on earth does a judge sitting in an immigration court in Isleworth (Middlesex) know what is going on in Vietnam?
January 11
There’s a case in the paper about the son of Osama Bin Laden. Liam (Liam Byrne, Mr Woolas’s predecessor as Immigration Minister) had apparently refused him a visa.
Now I am being told by officials that I have to release his whole file to him even though he is not British and he’s in the Middle East.
They even want the advice note to Liam. I have flatly refused.
January 19
It gets surreal! I have been advised that we have ‘administratively implemented’ the Metock judgment (saying that if an EU citizen has married a non-EU citizen, that person is automatically entitled to live in the UK or anywhere in the EU even if they are an illegal immigrant!).
This ruling has nothing to do with me, the Home Office, the UK Government, the British Parliament or even the European Parliament – just the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR).
Not only that, but I was advised (well, told actually) that I now had to formally show we were accepting the ruling by laying the rules before
Parliament.
When I asked ‘why?’, I was told that we would be fined by the EU if we didn’t. The bombshell came when I asked what would happen if Parliament voted to overturn the Metock judgment. The look on their faces would have been hilarious if it wasn’t so serious. The thought had not occurred to them.
January 20

Understanding: Lin Homer
Now it’s depressing me and I think Lin Homer (then head of UK Border and Immigration Agency) understands my deep frustration.
I’m not in charge of asylum policy – just its tactical management.
Today, we got the update on the ‘Tekle’ judgment. It means that a judge has decided that if an asylum seeker’s case is not dealt with within four years, even if it is because they have absconded, they have the right to work.
The ruling is because the Human Rights Act (which implements the ECHR in the UK) leaves discretion to the judge. And that places Parliament and the judiciary in conflict.
PS: I am now told that Osama Bin Laden’s son can get the confidential papers he’s after by putting in a Freedom of Information request – even though he is not a British citizen and he’s overseas.
So someone in the Middle East who has no connection with the UK can force the taxpayer to pay for the release of papers so that someone overseas can take legal action against them!

January 20 (afternoon)
Went to visit Colnbrook removal centre, next to Heathrow. (The ‘last night unit’ for illegal immigrants about to be deported or ‘The Cooler’, as officials call it).
In the latest counter-productive nonsense from the judges, we cannot begin the process of getting removal papers from the foreign embassies unless the claimants’ appeal rights are exhausted.
The effect? They stay longer in the immigration removal centre.

Visit: Mr Woolas dropped in on the Colnbrook Immigration Reception Centre, also known as 'The Cooler'
March 12
7.15am: On a train to Euston from Manchester – in the Red Box, a typical example of how judges’ power causes chaos in the immigration system.
Ms X (Jamaican) and her one-year-old son arrived in the UK on Christmas Day 2000. Her application for an extension to stay was refused in October 2001. Ms X was arrested in August 2002 on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance with intent to supply. Six months later, she was sentenced to 18 months.
In March 2003, she was again refused leave to stay in the UK. She entered immigration detention but was released (by a judge) in April 2003 due to ‘an outstanding appeal’. She failed to report and absconded.
In November 2006, she was arrested again on suspicion of intent to supply and money laundering. She was sentenced to nine months in prison and released in April 2007. She failed to report (to immigration officials) again.
In April 2008 she was visiting her brother in HMP Dartmoor, so we arrested her and detained her. Then she was released by an Tribunal Judge.
As of today she is pursuing a Judicial Review!! So, a convicted drug dealer can string the system out by using the ECHR and our naivety.

March 24
It’s 10.45pm. I am in a car on the Chiswick flyover, just back from the House of Commons. There’s a story in the papers about a convicted
rapist being given legal aid to fight for custody of his (estranged) eight-year-old son, despite the fact that we are trying to deport him. I groaned and suspected the usual exaggeration and asked for advice.
In fact, it’s worse. The Legal Services Commission has told me via my private secretary that even if he is deported to India, he will still get legal aid from Britain as the case is already in our system! The taxpayer is paying for a rapist to fight the Home Office so he can stay in Britain.

March 30
The House of Lords has kicked out a Certificate of Approval scheme for marriage (designed to prevent bogus marriage visa scams) as unlawful. The peers say it’s religious discrimination – the Church of England had refused to go along with it.
They also say that charging a fee for the certificate restricts the right to marry. You couldn’t make it up. The upshot is that the law is being used to block the issuing of certificates to prevent people-trafficking and bogus marriages.

April 2
I am at my lowest point. My private secretary has told me the original ‘Tekle’ ruling advice is redundant.
Not only do we have to treat further representations by failed asylum seekers as if they were new claims, but now we’re told that dealing with them must count towards the claimants’ qualification period for the right to work in the UK. And they wonder why there’s a backlog!
As bad, tonight someone is challenging the Dublin Accord (which allows an asylum case to be dealt with in the first EU country of entry – in other words, someone who entered the EU via Spain but is now in the UK can be sent back to Spain for their authorities to deal with). The Lords are to judge on whether we can deport someone to Greece!
The judges are considering whether the Greek asylum system breaches his human rights. The case argues that removing people to Greece is incompatible with Article 3 of the ECHR (prohibition of torture and inhuman or degrading treatment). What law protects human rights in Greece? The ECHR!

April 5
This one is priceless. The French Navy detained some drug smugglers in the middle of the Atlantic. It took 14 days to get back to France because the ship was on patrol. But the (alleged) gangster took the French government to court for unlawful detention under the ECHR, saying he should have been dealt with sooner!
The smugglers have been released.
I have now asked why we can’t change the law to stop this abuse but the MoD don’t want me to as they are using the same defence to protect six British soldiers, now back in the UK, who are being sued from Iraq after being accused of unlawfully detaining suspected insurgents in Basra.
So, we cannot detain suspected gangsters at sea and the Human Rights Act applies in Basra. Unbelievable.
April 29

Warning: Des Browne told Mr Woolas that the ECHR would cripple him
Spoke to Des Browne tonight (Labour former Immigration Minister). He warned me that the ECHR would cripple me – and it has.
Another defeat in the Court of Appeal. Two Sri Lankans have said they will commit suicide if they are sent back.
The court has ruled that to remove them would be a breach of Article 3 of the ECHR (that fear is enough to breach human rights. The court did not say that they would be in danger but that the claimants claimed they would be).
June 28
Back to Rwanda. We have four people wanted for genocide in Rwanda (there are 100 but the four are the test case).
The magistrates had agreed to extradite them but the High Court had disagreed on the grounds that they would not get a fair trial in Rwanda.
I am advised that I should grant six months leave to remain in the UK ‘in the hope that the legal system in Rwanda improves’.
I had asked why we couldn’t try them in The Hague and was told as they were not British, I couldn’t send them there!
So a person accused of committing genocide in an ‘unsafe country’ (which country that has genocide is safe!) simply has to get into an ECHR country and they will get away with it. The ECHR is providing cover for people who commit genocide. Madness.
I’ve just been told that the increase in marriage age (from 18 to 21) for a family visa (agreed by Parliament) is going to be turned over at judicial review. We have worked on this for years to protect vulnerable youngsters from abuse – now the judges are going to say we can’t.
Who elected them?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2046938/Madness-Secret-diary-Labour-Immigration-Minister-rails-Human-Rights-Act.html#ixzz1aEHsKn6j

Changing this law would be a good start to reimposing sanity.

Sehnsucht
Saturday, October 8th, 2011, 11:07 PM
Funny he didn't tell the world about this when he was the immigration minister. :|

Edgard
Saturday, October 8th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Funny he didn't tell the world about this when he was the immigration minister. :|

Well the multicult is strong and then he still had a job to protect.

Loyalist
Sunday, October 9th, 2011, 01:37 AM
Fifteen Anglo-Saxon skeletons unearthed in Oxfordshire last year have been re-interred in a church memorial garden.

A requiem mass was held on Saturday before a wicker coffin containing all the remains was buried at the Church of the Immaculate Conception, Bicester.

The Auxiliary Bishop of Birmingham, whose diocese covers Bicester, led the Roman Catholic ceremony.

The burial led to a disagreement with the church and local archaeologists, who wanted the bones put in a museum.

The skeletons, exhumed from what is thought to be an old Christian burial ground, were reinterred to respect the original burial rites.

James Lewis of Thames Valley Archaeological Services said: "As archaeologists we'd much rather they had gone into a museum, which would be available for future analysis.

"There are other ways of showing respect other than reburying."

The archaeologists' case went to the Ministry Of Justice but it was ruled the bones were not of national significance and so could be buried.

Speaking after the ceremony the Auxiliary Bishop of Birmingham, William Kenney, said of the Anglo-Saxon deceased: "These are the remains they have left on earth and they should be treated with dignity."

The remains inside the coffin have been buried in plastic bags in case archaeologists need access to them in future.

The skeletons are largely female and over the age of 35, with the remains of just one male discovered.

Isotope analysis revealed they were originally from the UK and had a lot of fish in their diet.

Source (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-15228557)

Bawheed
Wednesday, October 12th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Disgrace. There seems to be a covert policy of promoting coloureds in public sector jobs over here at the expense of indigenous people. I feel like a second class citizen in my own country:|

Bawheed
Wednesday, October 12th, 2011, 11:32 AM
The Tories usually prefer sex with other men or children, so at least it was a woman, but still a disgrace.

Bawheed
Wednesday, October 12th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Did she leave the keys in????

Couragous all the same :thumbup

Bawheed
Wednesday, October 12th, 2011, 11:51 AM
This act should be repealed.

If you come here illeagaly then you get deported.

If you come here and commit crime. You get deported at the end of your sentence and are never allowed back.

Just basic common sense.

Bawheed
Wednesday, October 12th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Asylum should be sought in the closest available country.

Fear in your own country should not allow you to pick any country in the world as you new home regardless of cultural and racial differences with the indigenous people there.

All not here legally should be made to go home.

Edie
Friday, October 14th, 2011, 11:50 AM
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/56047000/jpg/_56047946_t2_snow.jpg

A T-shaped design has scooped a £5,000 prize in a competition to find the next generation of electricity pylons.

Danish engineering firm Bystrup beat 250 rivals to win the Royal Institute of British Architects contest.

It set the challenge to replace the familiar "triangle" design - in use since the 1920s - in May, although there is no commitment to build them.

An increasing number of pylons are expected to be needed to connect new wind, nuclear and hydroelectric plants.

Bystrup's architect Rasmus Jessing said he aimed for a more positive shape than the traditional "grumpy old men" design, as they are known in Denmark, to carry new forms of renewable energy.

"Hopefully in the next couple of years it will be time for T - the T-pylon," he said.

Six entries shortlisted in the competition, organised with the Department of Energy and Climate Change and energy firm National Grid, have been on show in London's Victoria and Albert Museum. The five runners-up received £1,000 each.

The jury - which included Energy Secretary Chris Huhne, leading architects and energy officials - rated entries on design quality, functionality, and technical viability.

After calling for entries to be "both grounded in reality and beautiful", the judges took into account the public response to the designs and the teams' abilities to create them.

Mr Huhne praised the T-pylon as "an innovative design which is simple, classical and practical".

"Its ingenious structure also means that it will be much shorter and smaller than existing pylons and therefore less intrusive," he added.

National Grid says it wants to work with Bystrup and two others: Essex-based New Town Studio - which designed the lattice-framed Totem pylon - and Ian Ritchie Architects, of London, with its sleek Silhouette.

Organisers say the target of reducing carbon emissions by 80% by 2050 will lead to electricity playing an increasingly important role in the UK's energy mix.

A subsequent proliferation of pylons and underground cables "have the potential to transform our landscapes for good or bad, and for generations to come", they said.

Campaigners frequently complain that pylons blight the countryside, while Lib Dem MP Tessa Munt described damage they cause as "beyond belief" in a Parliamentary debate in July.

However, it is 10 times as expensive to lay underground cables which are also more difficult and costly to repair.

And the 1920s pylons retain some fans.

Flash Bristow, from the Pylon Appreciation Society, said they were an "elegant engineering solution".

"Existing pylons I appreciate because they're a lattice design, so when you look at the pylon what you see, a lot of it, is actually the background coming through."

Source (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15293918)

velvet
Friday, October 14th, 2011, 12:52 PM
However, it is 10 times as expensive to lay underground cables which are also more difficult and costly to repair.

But they are also more safe. The EMP that hit earth some months ago didnt cause any troubles in Germany, because most lines are indeed underground cables. In America, iIrc, it caused blackouts for several hours and even days before resuming full capacity. Solar flares are not at all rare and they are said to go through a cycle where they will be stronger and more often for years to come.

However, the design shown above is quite nice (for a pylon), and its form reminds me on the scale of justice, with some more will maybe even Irminsul, and its slim elements may become more or less invisible from a distance. Green would be a still better colour than silver though.

For some purposes pylons are necessary, for example at the points of substations, and then its better to have something nice.

celticviking
Saturday, October 15th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Earlier this year, a 36-year-old Somali man arrived in Britain and claimed asylum. He told Border Agency officials he had left his home in Mogadishu because he feared for his life and had paid around £650 to be smuggled here. He was, he said, a member of the Ashraf clan, one of the smaller ethnic groupings in Somalia.
As such he was at particular danger from al-Shabaab, a notorious terrorist group of Islamist militants currently locked in bloody battle with the government and sworn enemies of the clan.
Indeed, the man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, claimed that its followers had one day approached him at his market stall, taken him to a terror camp and threatened him. And so he felt he had no option but to leave his wife and flee the country, heading to Britain and safety.
It’s a fascinating, detailed story and one, no doubt, that immigration officials must hear regularly. Last year alone, almost 600 Somalis applied for asylum in the UK.
It is also totally untrue.
The man did not belong to the Ashraf clan, but, in fact, comes from the Hawiye, the dominant grouping in Mogadishu. And neither he, nor anyone from his family, had ever been threatened by anyone from al-Shabaab.

His story was a complete fabrication designed to improve his chances of being granted asylum in this country.
He had been coached to say what he did by fellow countrymen both in Somalia and here in Britain, well versed in how to best play our immigration system.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2049347/Tanbir-Morshed-Agneszka-Litwin-claim-lovers-immigration-appeals-court.html#ixzz1arE0eEFX

MULTICULTURALISM DOES NOT WORK IN THE UK. SEND THEM ALL HOME.
- COMFORTABLY NUMB, ON THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON, 15/10/2011 13:25
Click to rate Rating 23

23 arrows up

The Immigration Appeals Court is a total waste of time, effort and tax-payers expense and allows all and sundry to pull the wool over their eyes thus allowing thousands to remain here who should not be here.
- Kenneth, East Anglia, England, 15/10/2011 13:25
Click to rate Rating 15

15 arrows up

Why do we even consider letting people like this remain in Britain. Kick them out and never let them back!
- Phil, Nottingham, 15/10/2011 13:23
Click to rate Rating 17

17 arrows up

This will never stop, as long as the people of this country vote for one of the three main parties, if they all voted for UKIP, then the lot of them would be shipped back to where they came from!!!
- Spencer I. mather, Bradwell, UK., 15/10/2011 13:07
Click to rate Rating 25

25 green arrows up

Way of Deception
Sunday, October 16th, 2011, 08:22 PM
He had been coached to say what he did by fellow countrymen both in Somalia and here in Britain, well versed in how to best play our immigration system.

There are actually companies that help 'asylum seekers' play the system.

For 31-year-old Tanbir Morshed, the key to remaining in this country lay in demonstrating to the tribunal that his relationship with his girlfriend was as strong as he claimed it to be. The Home Office did not think it was and had refused the Bangladeshi’s initial application for residence.

There are two points to note. First, his girlfriend, Agneszka Litwin, is not British but Polish. But because she is living in the UK, under EU law she has similar rights to a British citizen.

Sham relationship/marriages. The individual with a EU passport can make a reasonable sum of money from such crime. It is not as if they care about Britain. Another great aspect of being in the EU.

Artan Neziraj appeared at the tribunal on behalf of his pregnant wife Amela, who had previously been refused entry to the UK from Albania.

The hearing was told the Home Office was concerned that Mr Neziraj, from Enfield, North London, would be unable to support his wife because he was sharing accommodation with a cousin and was a heavy gambler.

Mr Neziraj who works washing cars, admitted: ‘I know I’m a bad gambler but I work hard.’

Henna Akbar, for the Home Office, said: ‘He may win a lot but that is luck. If he continues his habit — and he may not be so lucky in the future — he would not be able to look after the appellant.’

The pair’s lawyer, Stuart Kerr, countered: ‘What is clear is that he is not a man who gets into debt. When he has the money, he spends it and when he does not, he doesn’t.’

It is of course impossible that the Albanian goes back to live with his wife in Albania. :oanieyes

SaxonPagan
Thursday, October 20th, 2011, 01:15 AM
Cameron rejects EU referendum call ahead of MPs debate

David Cameron has rejected calls for a referendum on Europe ahead of a Commons debate on the subject next week.

At Prime Minister's Questions, he said he shared MPs' frustrations with how the European Union worked but would oppose calls for a vote on whether to quit the EU as it was "not our policy".

Up to 50 Tory MPs could potentially rebel against the government.

The BBC understands the debate has been brought forward by three days to enable senior ministers to attend.

The debate will now be held on 24 October, not 27 October as originally scheduled.

The government requested the switch because both the prime minister and Foreign Secretary William Hague - who will lead for the government in the debate - will be in Australia at the Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting between 28 and 30 October.

The government would not be bound by the result of the vote, based on a motion by Tory MP David Nuttall, but it could prove politically tricky for the Conservative leadership.

Mr Nuttall's motion calls for a referendum by May 2013 and says the public should have three options put to them in the nationwide vote - keeping the status quo, leaving the EU or reforming the terms of the UK's membership of the European Union.

In the Commons on Wednesday, Conservative MP Andrew Rosindell said the British people were "crying out" for a referendum and urged the PM to "make history and give the British people the chance to vote on our future with the EU".

I do not support holding a referendum come what may. That is not our policy and I will not be supporting that motion”

In response, Mr Cameron said his focus was on controlling the EU budget, keeping the UK out of any future eurozone bailout schemes and ensuring the single market was functioning properly.

"I completely understand and share the frustration that many have about the way the EU goes about its business, about the costs, about the bureaucracy," he told MPs.

"Of course we, the Conservative Party, are committed to the return of powers from Brussels to Westminster.

"We are also committed as a government that if power passes from Westminster to Brussels, there would have to be a referendum. That promise is good for the whole of this Parliament and beyond.

"But I do not support holding a referendum come what may. That is not our policy and I will not be supporting that motion."

In response to a similar question from Tory backbencher Mark Pritchard, Mr Cameron added: "The right answer is not to hold a referendum willy-nilly in this Parliament when we have so much to do to get Europe to sort its problems out."

The idea of an in/out referendum has become an increasingly popular idea among Tory backbenchers although some argue that it is a distraction and their party must focus on returning powers to the UK Parliament as soon as possible.

No 10 have indicated all Conservative MPs will be expected to support the government in rejecting the referendum option and uphold the commitment in the coalition agreement to the UK remaining a "positive participant in the European Union".

The BBC's political correspondent Ross Hawkins said plans to impose what is known as a three-line whip had been confirmed at a meeting of the Conservative backbench 1922 committee.

A petition signed by more than 100,000 people, including Conservative and Labour MPs, calling for a referendum was handed into Downing Street last month. Members of the Commons Backbench Business Committee agreed to hold the debate on Monday.

-------------------------------------

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-15373005

I can foresee this being a complete farce with the result a foregone conclusion. All 3 parties have in the recent past promised the public a referendum on EU membership, but that was just to secure votes. Now that it's come to the crunch they will of course be sticking to the NWO script (which is, after all, what they're paid for!) and will ensure that the vote goes against holding a referendum.

In fact, the Tory Whips are already busy bullying their own members into line and I can't see that many rebelling, given the consequences for their political career.

Here's a report about this ...

Conservatives ordered to vote against EU referendum
David Cameron next week will order Conservative MPs to vote against holding a referendum on Britain's European Union membership.

Even as MPs agreed to hold a Commons vote on a referendum, government sources made clear that the Tories would be whipped to vote against a poll.

Mr Cameron's decision to impose a three-line whip has angered many MPs, since the vote was called under rules the Coalition promised would give backbenchers more freedom.

The back-bench business committee yesterday voted to hold a debate on the issue on Oct 27 after more than 100,000 people signed a petition demanding a choice.

The Prime Minister, who has expressed his desire to take back some powers from Brussels, is publicly opposed to a referendum and will order his MPs to vote against it.

----------------------------

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/eureferendum/8835447/Conservatives-ordered-to-vote-against-EU-referendum.html

So, apparently this is 21st-century-style 'Democracy' here in the UK. You know, the brand that we're so keen to export around the world to such places as the Middle East ... no wonder there aren't many willing takers out there!

:thumbdown

SaxonPagan
Monday, October 24th, 2011, 10:31 PM
House of Commons votes no on referendum against EU membership

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2052910/EU-DEBATE-LIVE.html#ixzz1bjlQfxNU

Very predictable! It seems like they're never going to listen to the public :mad

Thorbrand
Monday, October 24th, 2011, 11:17 PM
It's funny - I always get interested in these highly publicised votes in the commons, wondering if we are ever going to have an upset - I am always wrong! I have long given up on our UK politicians because they will never, as Godwinson states, scupper the NWO agenda. Why would they? It pays them a salary, keeps them mixing with their old friends from public school and offers them perpetual power (as long as they are willing to let their chums take over once every five years or so). :thumbsdwn

Loyalist
Tuesday, October 25th, 2011, 12:00 AM
There is no "debate"; the British political establishment and their Eurocrat puppetmasters have decided that the electorate may have no say on their nation's place within the EU. The little people are not entitled to a voice on such matters, and that is the consensus continent-wide. The trade-off is that the European Union no longer has even the slightest claim to democratic legitimacy, and is now a totalitarian entity, pure and simple. Constitutional legislation rammed through by legislative decree, results of referenda, where permitted, ignored or repeated until Brussels gets the answer it wants, and a cross-party effort to silence increasing opposition among voters - this is truly the EUSSR. I would commend the rebel Conservative MPS, even if their actions were only meaningless political theatre, for taking a stand when they know party leadership will rain vengeance down upon them for daring to step out of line. I take comfort in the fact that the collapse of the Eurozone, already well in progress, is simply the first act of the inevitable implosion of the EU itself.

celticviking
Friday, October 28th, 2011, 03:53 AM
A British teenager is facing 15 years in prison after being caught smuggling 30lb of cocaine into America.
Ayesha Olivia Niles was picked out by customs officers at Miami Airport in Florida.
Agents found the packs of cocaine stuffed into 24 boxes of cake mix.
Niles, who turned 18 while being held in a juvenile detention centre, flew in from Jamaica last Friday.
In Florida, drug-traffickers can get sentenced to life in jail, which means a minimum tariff of 15 years.
Niles, a student from London, told police she did not know what she was carrying but suspected she was involved in illegal activity.
Police said the teen, who is from London, was picked for screening by customs agents.
As they searched her two suitcases they found the class A drug hidden in the boxes of cake mix.
It is not known if Niles was planning to continue with the drugs back to London are drop them off in Florida.
A police source said: 'She is a classic drug mule who thought she could easily bring the drugs through an airport undetected.'
Prosecutors said Niles was a 'poster child' for how easily drug smugglers can corrupt young people.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2054270/Ayesha-Olivia-Niles-arrested-Miami-airport-trying-smuggle-cocaine-Jamaica.html

http://i.thisislondon.co.uk/i/pix/2011/10/ayesha_415.jpg

GeistFaust
Friday, October 28th, 2011, 03:56 AM
Just another wonderful citizen of England. They should wake up and realize a lot of these folks are not going to get out of their slavish mentality which they have had ever since they were slaves. England is not doing itself justice by letting these folks in if they don't want to degenerate.

Ediruc
Monday, October 31st, 2011, 09:20 AM
Oh, boy, you know what this means U.K. citizens? More restrictions and regulations on your internet usage! Yay! Isn't that just wonderful? What a great, free and safe society you live in! Something your ancestors who fought with gritty determination in WW1 and WW2 would be proud to know they helped usher in.

And if you guys don't have it already, you'll get a big red button that will shut down your internet entirely. Soon you'll be forced back into the stone age.

Isn't it exciting? :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15516959

The UK has been subject to a "disturbing" number of cyber attacks, the director of communications intelligence agency GCHQ has said.

Sensitive data on government computers has been targeted, along with defence, technology and engineering firms' designs, Iain Lobban said in the Times.

There was a "significant" unsuccessful internet-based attack on Foreign Office computer systems this summer, he added.

On Tuesday, the government hosts a two-day conference on the issue.

Can you say, oops tyranny!

Neophyte
Monday, October 31st, 2011, 01:32 PM
Yes, scare tactics. :yawn

If they have anything really important on a machine connected to the Internet they need a new CIO.

Unity Mitford
Monday, October 31st, 2011, 01:32 PM
what are you on about? :P

celticviking
Tuesday, November 1st, 2011, 05:01 AM
A Ghanaian student has been jailed for her part in a bogus marriage scam - but will not be deported from the UK as she has had three children here.

Lawrencia Mintah forged gas bills and pay slips in a bid to pretend she lived with the British man she had married, when in fact their homes were 15 miles apart.

But her lawyer pointed out that all this effort was in vain, as the parents of British children are rarely removed from the country.

Mintah, 32, was jailed for nine months at Croydon Crown Court on Friday, as was her 'husband' Joseph Brown, 30.

'She became desperate to stay in this country and she accepts this was a sham marriage,' her lawyer Miss Tanya Murshed told the court.

'She did not know she has a good chance, based on her daughter being a British citizen, of regularising her stay and obtaining leave to remain.

'She has found the whole thing extremely traumatic and regrets her actions.'

No deportation order has been served on Mintah.
Mintah pleaded guilty to obtaining leave to remain in the UK by deception, and perjury - falsely naming her new husband as the father of her second child so the one-year-old could get British citizenship.

Brown pleaded guilty to assisting unlawful immigration.

Prosecutor Joanna Burdett said Mintah entered the UK on October 12, 2004 to study for a nursing diploma and successfully extended her visa in 2005 and 2007.

It was due to expire in May 2008 and the defendants married on February 12 that year, with Mintah applying for permanent leave to remain based on her marriage to a British citizen.

Meanwhile, she was living with another Ghanaian illegal immigrant in Barking, while Brown lived with his girlfriend and son in Notting Hill.

Last year Mintah submitted five forged British Gas bills in support of her application, which falsely showed the couple living at the same address, coupled with fake wage slips from Brown's employer.

The UK Border Agency also discovered that Mintah falsely named Brown as the father of her second child at Islington Registry Office.

She also has a six-year-old daughter and a five-week-old son. The three children have at least two different fathers.
Judge Ruth Downing told the pair: 'You have sought to undermine, subvert and avoid legitimate controls in this country. To enter into a sham marriage is a most serious offence.

'You, Brown, willingly went to the registry office and pretended to be entering into a legitimate marriage.

'You, Mintah, obtained false documentation to show you lived with Brown and maintained that fictitious account when interviewed.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2055671/Immigrant-jailed-bogus-marriage-scam-stay-UK-having-children-men.html#ixzz1cQHdIZae

The Aesthete
Tuesday, November 1st, 2011, 07:06 AM
Of course she knew having kids would have improved her chances of staying!

celticviking
Thursday, November 3rd, 2011, 03:34 PM
An illegal immigrant who killed his ex-girlfriend when he shoved her off a footbridge into a busy road 30ft below had been deported from the UK three times, a court heard.
Yonas Beraki, 33, had been sent back to his native Eritrea on each occasion but he had smuggled himself back in to Britain a fourth time by hiding in a lorry, the hearing was told.

He was jailed for life yesterday after the Coventry Crown Court was told he hurled Genet Kidane, 41, to her death when she ended their relationship.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2056818/Illegal-immigrant-Younas-Beraki-murdered-ex-Genet-Kidane-jailed-life.html

Please all of you who are sick and tired of the immigration problem in this country, please sign the'migration watch e-petition. It will give a loud message to the government that we are all sick and tired of it. UKIP and BNP for the coalition!!!
- Julie, Hull, England, 03/11/2011 12:38
Click to rate Rating 161

Sentenced to "LIFE" but only has to serve 12 years? Really? Is that how little life is worth? He can kill a couple more times? REALLY?
- Sunshine Connie, Arizona, US, 03/11/2011 12:30
Click to rate Rating 150

The incompetent UK Border Agency should be held responsible for this, as should Blair, Brown and the rest of Liebour who actively encouraged scum like this to come here.
- Dave, Farnborough, 03/11/2011 12:30
Click to rate Rating 161

Our government should pay his government to let him to serve his sentence in his own country. It'll be a lot cheaper for us and no holiday camp experience for him. If a Tory MP reads this can you please explain as to why your government wouldn't consider this?
- PC, Liverpool., 03/11/2011 12:28
Click to rate Rating 131

celticviking
Saturday, November 12th, 2011, 01:58 PM
London Mayor Boris Johnson has been accused of 'cultural cleansing' and 'hijacking' a conference for black schoolchildren.
Protesters will gather outside the event in London which has in the past been called the London Schools and the Black Child conference.

It has previously been organised by shadow Health Minister Diane Abbott.
But this year it is claimed the Mayoral office has dropped the word “black” out of the title to the fury of protesters.

It will now be called the ‘London Schools and our Children Conference.
It is also understood that Diane Abott pulled out of the event but Boris Johnson’s office last night claimed she had left the project unexpectedly and before it was renamed.

But furious campaigners also accused Boris Johnson of inviting only Right Wing speakers to air their views at the conference which is being held at London’s Institute of Education.
Campaigner Lee Jasper said: 'This is part of the mayor’s plan to culturally-cleanse London of all race-specific initiatives.
'The entire platform of speakers is of the view that institutional racism does not exist.
'This is the typical response of those on the Right who seek to dismiss the reality of racism and place the blame on the victims.'

Fellow campaigner Lester Holloway added: 'LSBC has always given a platform to a range of views about how to raise achievement of black children and tackle the barriers that hold them back.
'This year’s panel has been picked to echo the mayor’s own opinions, which has no credibility in the community.”
But last night Boris Johnson’s office hit back said that Diane Abbott had pulled out of the event at the “last minute” and organisers wanted to keep the conference going.
A spokeswoman said: 'We had to rename the conference because Diane of her own accord pulled out and that name was associated with her.
'We wanted to carry on this important event despite the timing of her pulling out and so we have gone ahead under a slightly different name.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2060468/Mayor-London-Boris-Johnson-accused-racism-schoolchildren-conference.html

Well considering the white children, and by that I mean English, appear to be the minority now in London Schools, perhaps they can have a London Schools and the White Child conference instead....
- Peter, Westcliff, 12/11/2011 08:12
Click to rate Rating 315

The wording with black in it is racist or is there a white child conference as well, in fact this whole conference is racist unless there is a conference on white children as well.
- daveyh, Holt, UK, 12/11/2011 08:04
Click to rate Rating 283

So tell me ,are we allowed to have a white childrens conference ? A white policmens association ? a white pride week.No didnt think so .
- Jacqueline, UK, 12/11/2011 07:59
Click to rate Rating 340

can you imagine if the word white school children was used in a title mr jasper and the rest of his left wing cronies would have a heart attack whatever happened to multi culturalism perhaps there's not such a good living to be had from it now there are people ready to stand up against these parasites
- hollowbread, enfield, 12/11/2011 07:49
Click to rate Rating 189

I'll bet that these same protesters would be the same ones that would also complain if there was a 'White Child conference' though (it'll be dubbed as 'cultural apartheid' then). Cultural diversity when it suits eh.
- Matthew, Stockport, 12/11/2011 07:30
Click to rate Rating 215

Nebelwerfer
Saturday, November 12th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Equality of the right sort.

Aetheldred
Tuesday, November 15th, 2011, 07:52 AM
If we are truly equal, then why are special conferences from blacks only? This can be considered as racist! I wonder what they would think if I organised a whites only conference?

Loyalist
Thursday, November 17th, 2011, 01:30 PM
A man who complained about the permanent flying of a union jack in his Nottinghamshire village said he had received racist death threats.

Gamston Parish Council voted in favour of the year-round display of the flag on the village common.

Roger Henry said the flag had become a symbol of far-right political groups.

He said he had since received a letter which said "we hope you get killed" and "go back to your own country".

Nottinghamshire police confirmed they were investigating the claims.

Mr Henry said: "I don't mind people challenging me on any debate but when you're threatening family and young children then it's quite serious."

He added he felt the letter, which he described as containing "far-right extreme" words, vindicated his fears over the flag sending out the wrong message.

The council had decided to fly the flag only on special occasions after complaints it was a controversial symbol.

But last week, Gamston Parish Council voted 7-2 in favour of the year-round display, after Councillor John Harbury-Carlisle threatened to resign over a matter of "national pride".

Mr Henry said he was going to write to local politicians and the prime minister.

Source (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-15765647)

How dare the British people fly their flag in their own country. :blueroll:

:negro: :funitedk

Thorolf
Thursday, November 17th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Source (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-15765647)

How dare the British people fly their flag in their own country. :blueroll:

:negro: :funitedk

I imagine you could get into legal trouble for it there, but it would be funny if someone near him flew a big flag with a golliwog on it. Then when questions why they could just say well he doesn't like the union jack, so I made one with him on it.

Bo
Thursday, November 17th, 2011, 01:45 PM
I wish more of our folk with power would show a backbone and say 'no' to people like this Henry. They are going to take and take until we are stamped out completely. It's not just multiculturalism they want, they are intent to wipe out Western culture and the white people it sprang from and they don't even try to hide their nefarious aims.

celticviking
Thursday, November 17th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Around 500 foreigners landed a job in Britain every day over the past year while the number of UK-born workers plunged.
Official figures yesterday painted a shockingly bleak picture of a jobs market in crisis as unemployment hit a 17-year high.
The Office for National Statistics said the number of British-born workers has crashed by 311,000 in a year, equal to more than 850 a day. But in the same period, the number of foreign-born employees jumped by 181,000 – or 495 a day.
Ministers admitted the situation was ‘unacceptable’, although bosses warned that many young British workers were too lazy and too bad at basics such as punctuality to be worth hiring. But experts said the latest figures highlight the urgency of tackling the immigration problem.
Yesterday Chris Grayling, the Employment Minister, was asked about why one branch of the sandwich chain Pret A Manger appeared to be staffed entirely by foreigners.
He told Sky News: ‘It is certainly a situation that I find unacceptable. Of course, this country has benefited from people coming in from other countries to work.
‘But I want to see more young people in positions in this country and I want … to see them getting jobs that become vacant, rather than people coming into the UK.’
It comes as unemployment among those aged 16 to 24 has ballooned to its highest level on record, topping one million for the first time.
Overall unemployment is currently 2.62million, its highest since 1994. The number of employees has dropped by 305,000 between July and September, the largest fall since 1992.
Last month, however, the number of people claiming unemployment benefits rose by just 5,000, indicating, that many of those out of work refuse to claim because they expect to find a job again soon.
Dr John Philpott, chief economic adviser to the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, said the general picture meant it already felt like a second downturn had begun for millions of workers.

This is a miserable time for UK workers as well as the jobless,’ he said ‘The anaemic “jobs-light/pay-tight” recovery itself feels just like a recession.’
Sir Andrew Green, of the Migrationwatch think-tank, described the figures as ‘stunning’.
He said: ‘The immigration lobby can no longer pretend that these massive levels of immigration have no significant effect on the job prospects for British workers who are now unemployed.’The crisis facing British-born workers comes after business leaders and lobby groups have warned they prefer foreign workers. The British Chambers of Commerce said many school leavers and graduates with ‘fairly useless’ degrees are unemployable because they lack basic skills.

Dr Adam Marshall, director of policy at the British Chambers of Commerce, said the fault does not lie with the young person, but their education.
‘There may be a course in underwater basket weaving, but that does not mean anybody will actually want to employ you at the end of it,’ he said.
A report from the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, meanwhile, said bosses preferred foreign workers because they had a more ‘positive’ attitude.
Iain Duncan Smith, the Work and Pensions Secretary, warned recently that Britain was in ‘the last chance saloon’ if it wants to get British people off benefits and into the workplace.
Ministers in his department are understood to be ‘concerned’ at the figures. ‘It’s not a pretty picture,’ said one source. ‘It makes it very difficult to do welfare reform when there are so many people coming in.’
A new Government scheme, announced yesterday, will offer a £1,500 cash incentive to small firms who hire an apprentice for the first time.
Under the proposal, companies will be forced to educate the young person in English and maths to a level at which they would be able to pass a GCSE in both subjects.

Read more here
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2062477/UK-youth-unemployment-hits-1m-foreign-workers-UK-jobs.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2062496/UK-youth-unemployment-The-failings-hand-migrants-British-jobs.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2062504/UK-unemployment-Meet-British-bosses-say-foreign-workers-time.html

Rodskarl Dubhgall
Wednesday, May 30th, 2018, 04:41 AM
Read more here
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2062477/UK-youth-unemployment-hits-1m-foreign-workers-UK-jobs.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2062496/UK-youth-unemployment-The-failings-hand-migrants-British-jobs.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2062504/UK-unemployment-Meet-British-bosses-say-foreign-workers-time.html
I hadn't thought of the parallels between British and American socioeconomic issues at the time, but it is obvious that Britain out of Europe and America cutting off immigration deals with removing non-Germanic Whites and otherwise from the official bureaucracies of both lands. It's also apparent that entrenched lobbyists on both sides of the Pond have sought to sabotage independence from integration with global marketplace and governance.

The question remains to be answered: If Germans say that the EU is an Allied Occupation, then what Allied nation is responsible for holding them down? Neither Britain nor America want anything to do with Brussels, whereas Russia has the CIS and is shut out by NATO. China might have been on the UN Security Council from the beginning, but was never permitted to govern Germany. That leaves France. Weren't Schroeder and Chirac the best of friends? Is there no reason why the EU name-drops Charlemagne so much?