PDA

View Full Version : Is the Grass Greener on the Other Side?

Elessar
Saturday, October 15th, 2011, 08:11 PM
I find there is a general consensus in North America amoung the culturally aware (or even "racially aware") individuals that life is much better in Europe and that by moving there, the culture void they find existing in their environment would be filled by living in a Germanic or other European country.

What I want to know is, are there any on the Forum that have lived on both sides long enough to experience whether the difference between living in the New World compared to Old World is any better or worse? If you've not lived on the opposite, or have even just visited, feel free to share your perspective on the "Skadi culture dilemma"

Weitgereister
Sunday, October 16th, 2011, 03:37 AM
I have visited quite a bit in my short time, and Europe seems somewhat alike to North America. The country areas/towns still seemed pretty much entirely native peoples of the area, whereas the big cities were at least half non-white immigrant population. At one point my grandmother and I were even heckled by Turks in Hamburg.

I found a similar pattern with cultural identity... a much higher concentration in the rural areas and smaller towns (excluding what I saw of Bavaria - weiß und blau seems to still get the blood going).

Anyway, an American tourists opinion for it's worth.

Austin
Sunday, October 16th, 2011, 04:09 AM
Lol.

I just want to say that I don't think this (though I do think it would be neat to have been myself in another life in Europe instead of the U.S.).

I could never live in Europe though being raised in the Texas hill country. The perspectives are very different. Collectivism verses individualism and whatnot. Cold weather and cold social norms compared to warm weather and people who hold the door open for complete strangers and have random conversations with them as well. Different worlds so to speak. ;)

I firmly believe that rural and even many semi-urban American Germanic's are actually truer value-wise to what a native German used to be before they became collectivist-consumerist and or occupied by Russia/U.S..

I'm not oblivious though to Europe's ills though. The poisoner knows how the patient is doing so to speak contrary to the patients indignant tone. Germanic Europe is very culturally sick in my mind. I see your media and I have to say that most of what European media pushes in terms of values would never fly in even the most liberal (leftist) of places in the U.S.

Elessar
Tuesday, October 18th, 2011, 01:25 AM
To give my opinion (seeing as the thread has all but died despite being on front page), I once heard the saying that Europe's glory lies in it's historic cities, while America's glory lies in its vast natural beauty. Not implying that Europe's natural beauty isn't beautiful or isn't worthy of being appreciated, but pales in comparison to the sheer amount of wide open space left in the Americas. I think that's what it would come down to for a guy like myself: I need wild areas to roam.

I firmly believe that rural and even many semi-urban American Germanic's are actually truer value-wise to what a native German used to be before they became collectivist-consumerist and or occupied by Russia/U.S..
I find this to be true to a certain extent. All of the Germans and Swedes I've met in my life were all very kind people (with the exception of one) but didn't have that "down-home" friendliness I see in notably "German"-Americans (I have to use that term loosely considering Skadi's new mindset :P), my grandparents being a fine example. It's sort of a stretch to say Americans are more "German" than Germans are, and I'm sure many would object, but since the war, Germany has taken a 180 from where it once was. They will forever have a chip on their shoulder, along with the French, something that won't heal for many years to come, if it heals at all before they're no longer called Deutsch.
All the English people I've met in my life, one including a former co-worker, have all been joys to be around, very down to earth, which I'm sure their lovable accents played a part :P

Loyalist
Wednesday, October 19th, 2011, 01:56 PM
I lived in England for a while (North London) and really did not notice any societal differences beyond the superficial, limited basically to a different taste in sport, food, and so on. Perhaps the distinction between Canada and the UK is not the best example for this discussion, as the former, a country specifically shaped in the British tradition, shares more fundamental commonalities with its colonial master than it and other colonial states would with continental Europe. In Canada and elsewhere, however, there is certainly a prevailing view that European nations are more cultured and vibrant than the colonies, and I think the fact that the establishment on these shores has aggressively rammed a multicultural societal model down our throats has left the racially European population feeling alienated within our own borders. We thus look to Europe to fill the void of community and ethnic allegiance to which a mixed society is not conducive. In my case, my idealistic view of Europe lies with the growing resistance of European states to the immigration and multicultural scam, a resistance which is almost totally absent in this ridiculously PC land. As the colonies are slowly and steadily swamped by the coloured dregs of the Third World, and no one really seems to care, Europe's resistance gives the impression that it is the only hope for the future existence of our race.

norski
Tuesday, November 1st, 2011, 02:30 AM
Any Euro's have some input to add?

Aeternitas
Saturday, December 3rd, 2011, 09:32 PM
Well I'm an "Euro" and I've seen the grass from the other side although not for a lot of time in comparison. I wouldn't say that the grass is much greener on Europe's side. As I've just mentioned in another thread, a great disadvantage here are the laws that enforce political correctness. It seems to me that some Americans take their larger degree of freedom for granted. I could live with the social consequences and discrimination as long as publicly voicing the "wrong" opinion wouldn't mean risking if not standing with one foot in prison. So the question could also be asked in reverse, if the grass is not greener on the American side. Personally I prefer the European landscape, medium and culture as a whole but the political climate makes it harder and harder to live here.

EQ Fighter
Saturday, December 3rd, 2011, 09:58 PM
Well I'm an "Euro" and I've seen the grass from the other side although not for a lot of time in comparison. I wouldn't say that the grass is much greener on Europe's side. As I've just mentioned in another thread, a great disadvantage here are the laws that enforce political correctness. It seems to me that some Americans take their larger degree of freedom for granted. I could live with the social consequences and discrimination as long as publicly voicing the "wrong" opinion wouldn't mean risking if not standing with one foot in prison. So the question could also be asked in reverse, if the grass is not greener on the American side. Personally I prefer the European landscape, medium and culture as a whole but the political climate makes it harder and harder to live here.

I would say the "Grass WAS Greener" in the US until the AMERIKANS in government got involved and decided to KILL the grass with an C-130 Air Tanker full of Agent Orange.
LOL!

As long as people continue to demand some group of "Leaders" to control them, in situations where common sense and intelligence would have worked much better, we are going to have problems as a species.

Lets hope we can solve the "Government" problems, before our honourable "Leaders" decides to kill off most of the planet in order to "Make Us Safe".

God save us from the psychopathic "Leaders" :thumbdown

Wulfsige
Sunday, December 4th, 2011, 12:10 AM
I lived in England for a while (North London) and really did not notice any societal differences beyond the superficial, limited basically to a different taste in sport, food, and so on. Perhaps the distinction between Canada and the UK is not the best example for this discussion, as the former, a country specifically shaped in the British tradition, shares more fundamental commonalities with its colonial master than it and other colonial states would with continental Europe. In Canada and elsewhere, however, there is certainly a prevailing view that European nations are more cultured and vibrant than the colonies, and I think the fact that the establishment on these shores has aggressively rammed a multicultural societal model down our throats has left the racially European population feeling alienated within our own borders. We thus look to Europe to fill the void of community and ethnic allegiance to which a mixed society is not conducive. In my case, my idealistic view of Europe lies with the growing resistance of European states to the immigration and multicultural scam, a resistance which is almost totally absent in this ridiculously PC land. As the colonies are slowly and steadily swamped by the coloured dregs of the Third World, and no one really seems to care, Europe's resistance gives the impression that it is the only hope for the future existence of our race.

I hope you seen the rest of England while you here and not just london, wouldnt want you going home home thinking we are an islamic state ;)

renownedwolf
Sunday, December 4th, 2011, 01:40 AM
I will have to agree with Aeternitas' points, I don't think I could put it better.

But, is it freedom or just a bit of liberty? After all the best slave is the fat, happy one who thinks he is free.

My own family are what would be considered 'white flight' these days (though I dislike that description, it implies cowardice.) My father moved us from London to South West Wales in '89 because he didn't want us growing up 'ethnic', he could see what was coming and I thank him for that.

Most of my family have now moved away from that stinking cesspool for a better life in Devon. A few remain, and their offspring are black in all but colour in the way they act. A shame we will have to bear. Is it their fault? Probably not.

If you are told all your life the sky is pink and somebody then tells you it is blue...

I live pretty rural for my area but still their are foreigners coming in here.