PDA

View Full Version : Heels, Hot or Not?

Ęlfrun
Thursday, October 6th, 2011, 10:45 PM
I noticed that it is becoming quite the common fad. What is your opinion on women wearing heels? Hot or Not?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk6gpzDMlC1qjunx5o1_400.jpg

Minus the excruciating pain, I love wearing mine :D

BritishLad
Thursday, October 6th, 2011, 10:49 PM
In the middle, whilst i dont really love heels i dont really hate them.

IMO if a woman wants to wear heels then thats fine by me!

(basically what i said in the shoutbox)

BTW does anyone know why Skadi is so slow tonight?

Ęlfrun
Thursday, October 6th, 2011, 10:51 PM
In the middle, whilst i dont really love heels i dont really hate them.

IMO if a woman wants to wear heels then thats fine by me!

(basically what i said in the shoutbox)

BTW does anyone know why Skadi is so slow tonight?

Way to go off topic -_-

I think heels are great because they really accentuate leg muscles, and make us hold good posture also :D

Gardisten
Thursday, October 6th, 2011, 10:52 PM
Personally I don't understand why women do this to themselves.

Here's an article that may be of interest:

They were one of the biggest fashion trends of the last decade, but now it seems killer heels, like the 6in Louboutins loved by Posh, are killing our feet.

Last week, the former Spice Girl was photographed in fit-flops, with grosslyswollen and reddened bunions protruding from the side of her feet.

But she is not alone. Doctors say that 80 per cent of women experience foot problems as a result of wearing ill-fitting shoes, with heels being the main culprit.

The latest towering platform heels are bending women's feet at a highly unnatural angle, and podiatrists - foot experts - say they have seen a fivefold increase in young women with bunions.

Aimee Taylor, a 23-year-old PR account executive from London, knows that she should no longer wear heels - but just can't imagine a night out without wearing the shoes that she believes makes her look sexier.

This is despite the fact that the privately-educated single girl-abouttown already has hideous bunions.

She says: 'They are extremely painful, as soon as I ease my feet into my heels, my toes scrunch up in pain. It is is a constant ache, and yet this is the price that I am prepared to pay for fashion.

'I know that I am going to have to have the bunions surgically removed in the future - yet I go on wearing heels.'

'I have friends who are going out wearing eight inch heels. It's the fashion. I would kill for a pair of Christian Louboutin or Jimmy Choo shoes, and it is heels which make my heart flip with desire.'

Aimee's foot problem began in her late teens, when she first noticed the side of her feet reddening and swelling. 'I'd been wearing heels since I was 16. My mum faithfully bought me Clarks' shoes when I was little, and often had my feet measured.

Victoria Beckham's obsession with high heels has resulted in her developing painful bunions

Yet, as soon as I could afford to buy my own shoes, I was cramming my feet into shoes which distorted their shape.

'I buy mostly from the High Street, from places like Office and Dune. In the winter I wear court heels, in the summer high strappy sandals although they are becoming quite embarrassing as my bunions poke out through the straps.'

Aimee says she feels more likely to be taken seriously at work if she is in heels - although physically she is in agony. 'I try to wear flats, but they do not make me feel as feminine.'

A new report on behalf of The Vitality Show, a showcase for health, beauty and fitness, reveals that more than 200,000 British women last year sought medical help for their feet, with 10,000 needing hospital treatment.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1249243/Trouble-afoot-Killer-heels-dont-just-ruin-feet--ruin-backs-brains-too.html

BritishLad
Thursday, October 6th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Way to go off topic -_-

I think heels are great because they really accentuate leg muscles, and make us hold good posture also :D

sorry about goin off topic! figured someone whose goin to read this at some point could tell me! :D

Atali
Thursday, October 6th, 2011, 10:53 PM
I love heels! I wish i was shorter though, 4" puts me at 6' tall LOL! But they elongate my legs, making them more attractive, since I have Lance Armstrong legs from swimming and water polo :D and they're perfect for looking hot at metal shows ;)

Ęlfrun
Thursday, October 6th, 2011, 10:57 PM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1249243/Trouble-afoot-Killer-heels-dont-just-ruin-feet--ruin-backs-brains-too.html

Not all heels distort the shape of the feet, and I wear my heels in moderation ;) I have about 4 pairs of flats also. I do not have bunions either.

Heinrich Harrer
Thursday, October 6th, 2011, 11:09 PM

If they just wear them on special occasions it's probably not that bad.

If some women wear them everyday it's not surprising that they get health problems after a while.

Alfadur
Thursday, October 6th, 2011, 11:22 PM
I think most women look good in high heels. Even though it's been a bit too overused these years, there's nothing wrong with the fashion.

That said, it's a bit silly how some women are tormenting themselves by wearing high heels every time they go outside the door, every day of every week. I just don't see the point of tottering around in high heels for a trip to the supermarket.

Frostbite
Thursday, October 6th, 2011, 11:43 PM
If you can walk in them and if you wear them with the right outfit and right occasion, they look great.

You aren't supposed to wear them all day everyday, they will damage your feet and legs. Especially if they don't fit correctly.

I looked up effects of them before, and they can cause damage if you aren't careful.

Chris Clafton
Thursday, October 6th, 2011, 11:57 PM
As long as the 5'7" girl standing next to me isn't at my height (or heaven forbid taller), then I am completely fine with it.

The heels at the top of the thread are too big in my opinion.

Wulfram
Friday, October 7th, 2011, 12:05 AM
Modestly raised heels are acceptable for my own personal taste, and only if worn on occasions. My future wife will certainly not make them a part of her daily wardrobe. :blueroll:

Heels are not for every woman. It is painful for me to see one who is not only self-conscious when wearing them but also in obvious physical discomfort. :( Women should never have to sacrifice personal comfort just because they want to imitate other women who wear them.

The style of the shoe is also important.

These I like:

http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff355/williamofwaco/WACOAN/5066284861_6a548499b4.jpghttp://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff355/williamofwaco/WACOAN/5750687734_dd87de23e3.jpg

These I don't:

http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff355/williamofwaco/WACOAN/2478023138_55621956b8.jpg

:D

http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff355/williamofwaco/WACOAN/4096682658_567b7a0f1f.jpg

Here are some drawings I found that are of some interest:

http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff355/williamofwaco/WACOAN/high_heels_11.jpg

http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff355/williamofwaco/WACOAN/high_heels_13.jpg

AuroraNordalis
Sunday, October 9th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Maybe on special occasions like a wedding,going somewhere formal or maybe white collar work.

Allot of women look like tramps when wearing them. They think it's "hot'.
Unfortunately "hot" these days means dressing up like a ghetto hooch.

Germanic women should be ashamed of themselves for conforming to this
decadent style mostly created by mtv rap videos.

I am not a prude but people, even some Germanics have lowered their public decency. SHAME

There is too much subtle compromise these days. This subtleness leads to
a small litter then a mound to a mountain. What allot of preservationists complain about that the "lemmings" do, THEY DO but in bits and pieces.

Even here on the forum I see this. Some people trying to praise muslims as allies and befriending Asians then some wanting rights for homosexuals then some not caring about mixing with meds and on and on. I don't want to rant ;)

Each drop in the bucket leads to a full bucket.

What some people do outright some do it slower and not realize it.

Now back to high heels. I wouldn't date a woman who wore them everyday
so she can show some leg and butt to the world.

ekorn
Sunday, October 9th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Just sometimes. I do not agree with those females claiming they feel more self confident while they're wearing heels. I actually think that's a way to.. lie to yourself. You're self confident when you're determined, when you're decided, when you know what you want to, what you're expecting, self confidence doesnt mean wearing heels and dealing with their hight. :) Wish things could be that easy.

I do like heels, not above 8 cm. I like round shaped shoes. So it always looks sweeter than average heels. Like these:

http://resources.shopstyle.co.uk/sim/fb/1f/fb1f7eff1bcfb72e18f2502f6c103ebe/la-redoute-wedges-ellos-wedge-heel-shoes-8-cm-heel.jpg

I also like heels but I usually search for that kind of shoes (heels) having lot of platform. Platform will make your foot feel better and not that high, actually it will reduce the 8 cms the whole heel got, but without 'wearing' the whole thing, since it reduces it. Its more comfortable and healthy. Like these:

http://resources.shopstyle.co.uk/sim/d0/76/d076094aa8200fd2236317feaf7af975/asos-platforms-asos-prim-platform-court-shoe.jpg

I also choose the right moment for wearing them, never with jeans or so, just smart outfits, like a tube skirt, something vintage...usually for some formal meetings, etc. Rest of the time I love wearing real comfortable shoes, like low heeled shoes. :)

Sigyn
Sunday, October 9th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Same here, mostly. I sometimes wear high heels, but not often. Only when I go to parties or formal dinners or such.

On a day-to-day basis, I just wear my combat boots or trainers.

Frostbite
Sunday, October 9th, 2011, 09:07 PM
I don't wear high heels at all because I can't walk in them :D

Sigyn
Sunday, October 9th, 2011, 09:09 PM
For god's sake, this is a high heel thread. Take your arguments about the forum elsewhere!

Thusnelda
Monday, October 10th, 2011, 05:04 PM
I wouldn“t wear high heels. Such shoes always looked like torture equipment for the feet to me and so I was never eager to wear some. ;) I once had a moderate pair of such shoes when I was a teen but they were soon gone. I couldn“t even walk properly with them and I felt unnatural in them.

EQ Fighter
Monday, October 10th, 2011, 05:36 PM
LOL!

Well as a guy, I obviously Like the way women look in them.

I think the point of them is they accentuate the leg muscles and make them look more pounced, as well as arches the back and accentuates her rear.

Granted the same pressure that, accentuates the legg muscles would also make them uncomfortable for the girl to wear. So I can see the women’s position as well who do not like them. Then there is also the fact they take practice to walk in.

But then again as a guy, I think as dress wear they are sexy. :D

Germaid
Monday, October 10th, 2011, 05:37 PM
The same here, I hardly ever wear heels. I can walk in them, but after two hours (maximum!) it gets painful. If you don't need to walk around a lot, they are fine. If you stand or walk the whole day, it's like hell. I usually wear flat shoes and lacking any skirts I don't need heels very often.

Wearing high heels makes your feet prone to a hallux valgus, not a very enjoyable sight. I need my feet for the next 60 years (hopefully) and I refuse to deform them on purpose.

Huginn ok Muninn
Monday, October 10th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Never understood why high heels were supposed to be sexy. Or lingerie. Or makeup. Or any of that other fake stuff most women tend to do. I can understand wanting to wear heels if you are five foot nothing and everyone else towers over you, but still, they are bad for your feet and when I see women walking up stairs in them, I can only imagine them falling down and breaking their neck. They are ridiculous, really.

Bo
Monday, October 10th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Maybe on special occasions like a wedding,going somewhere formal or maybe white collar work.

Allot of women look like tramps when wearing them. They think it's "hot'.
Unfortunately "hot" these days means dressing up like a ghetto hooch.

This is true. Most gals look very unnatural and awkward trying to get around in those things. And yes, they do typically come off as looking "ghetto".

I voted "sometimes" because on occasion, if it's done with class, they can look nice and go well with her attire. I think there are much better shoe choices for women that can look great and be comfortable to wear at the same time, though.

Chris Clafton
Tuesday, October 11th, 2011, 01:26 AM
Never understood why high heels were supposed to be sexy. Or lingerie. Or makeup. Or any of that other fake stuff most women tend to do. I can understand wanting to wear heels if you are five foot nothing and everyone else towers over you, but still, they are bad for your feet and when I see women walking up stairs in them, I can only imagine them falling down and breaking their neck. They are ridiculous, really.

Super high heels as I view it was designed to induce feminist behaviors in the women. Giving a sense of height to anything and they will sub-consciously experience a stronger, more dominating feeling. It was put into popular culture, as with most styles/behaviors, by the mainstream media. Bridging the gaps in height gives a more equal impression for all.

Sigyn
Tuesday, October 11th, 2011, 01:40 AM
Super high heels as I view it was designed to induce feminist behaviors in the women. Giving a sense of height to anything and they will sub-consciously experience a stronger, more dominating feeling. It was put into popular culture, as with most styles/behaviors, by the mainstream media. Bridging the gaps in height gives a more equal impression for all.
That is the most ridiculous heap of bullshit I have ever read on Skadi.

You do know that women started dressing slutty and wearing high stiletto heels to cater to male attention, don't you?

Frostbite
Tuesday, October 11th, 2011, 01:45 AM
Lol! High heels make women look trampy and were made by feminists?

No, no they werent't. Sorry but that just sounds like someone trying to insult a woman for no reason. They're just shoes ;)

I'm naturally tall, does that also mean I'm trying to dominate men?

Frostbite
Tuesday, October 11th, 2011, 02:10 AM
If a woman dresses sexy, she's a whore, if they don't dress nice, theyre butch or slobs or something. :thumbdown

EQ Fighter
Tuesday, October 11th, 2011, 02:33 AM
If a woman dresses sexy, she's a whore, if they don't dress nice, theyre butch or slobs or something. :thumbdown

I would say if a woman BEHAVES like a whore then she is a whore. It really has nothing to do with the way she dresses.

And in the modern world it can also have nothing to do with sex.

Feminist I would classify as Whores because they spend a good amount of time selling out to their Pimp The State. IE they whores for the State, right next to their male whore politicians.

Looking nice, or Looking Sexy has nothing to do, with being as sellout Piece of Shit if you ask me. Which is the real definition of a Whore.

EQ Fighter
Tuesday, October 11th, 2011, 03:00 AM

LOL!
Man!
Are you ok?
Still on your meds?

I really hate to do this, but this is a case for ANDREA DWORKIN SHOCK THERAPY. :-O

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_UTPvGFtqHuk/R_JzoKpbqtI/AAAAAAAABCI/iWSt_4TLYqY/s400/andrea_dworkin_narrowweb__200x266.jpg

Ok!
So how you gonna, get that one setting on top of a pare of high heels?

And if you do they better be "Super Heels" because the typical plastic, and and shiny rubber crap they use for the typical woman’s shoe just ain’t gong to cut it.

LOL!
Reinforced Titanium maybe! :D

Sorry man I have never been intimidated by a woman in High Heels at this point, even if she was taller than me in them. And if that was the case, I'm guessing that any other feminine quality’s would be even more intimidating than her clothing.

SpearBrave
Tuesday, October 11th, 2011, 03:45 AM

I'm not real sure but I think high heels have been around longer than the feminist movement.;)

Some of the 18TH century royalty wore high heels, even the men I think.

Sigyn
Tuesday, October 11th, 2011, 04:40 AM
Let's not forget, she's also a whore if she looks good and you don't get to have sex with her.

I suspect Chris Clafton's post was trying to be insulting to women in general, for whatever reason.

Wulfram
Tuesday, October 11th, 2011, 04:42 AM
Let's not forget, she's also a whore if she looks good and you don't get to have sex with her.

Exactly how many men have you met who admitted this to you?

Sigyn
Tuesday, October 11th, 2011, 04:44 AM
Exactly how many men have you met who admitted this to you?
That's not exactly the thing anyone would tell a woman in person.

Not that I'm equating you with this type of sexist - but it's an attitude you see among some men (especially the immigrant kind). I was once called ''slut'' in high school by a guy who I turned down for a date. Obviously, he wouldn't explain it to my face.

Unity Mitford
Tuesday, October 11th, 2011, 08:31 AM
only for special occasions. they make me walk too slowly to do anything practical. i do find them to be beautiful, though.
i like being taller, but my legs are already very long and slender, so sometimes i feel a bit silly, like a clumsy giraffe :)

Arditi
Monday, October 24th, 2011, 01:40 AM
I think women shouldn't wear them on a dayly basis and save them for special ocasions. Luckly my GF shares that opinion^^

Elfriede
Tuesday, December 13th, 2011, 07:05 PM
only for special occasions. they make me walk too slowly to do anything practical. i do find them to be beautiful, though.
i like being taller, but my legs are already very long and slender, so sometimes i feel a bit silly, like a clumsy giraffe :)

Yes! I feel the exact same way. Some heels are so pretty and they look really great when I am sitting down or just standing. But then I start walking... and I feel really self conscious. Haha! Plus falling while in heels is way more embarrassing than falling in regular shoes.

karolvs
Tuesday, December 13th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Why do people auromatically associate heels with slutty? I don't think it's slutty, I think it's hot. Some people may be slutty and wear heels, but let's be honest, I can find someone being slutty in flip-flops or tennis shoes too. Sure heels aren't for every occassion, but I think they are hot and mostly classy. This woman isn't dressed slutty in my opinion...

Rothhammer
Tuesday, December 13th, 2011, 07:58 PM
I think they're hot sometimes. I'm not gonna be impressed by any woman that wears them ALL THE TIME. They just seem uptight when used that often. Although, I will say a woman that wears them on special occasions says "I like to take care of my looks".

Sindig_og_stoisk
Tuesday, December 13th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Heels might make a woman look taller or leaner, but precisely how much of a difference is that going to make? If you are a short lady then you are still just faking it and you should not be faking it. If you have legs that are too chubby or too skinny, then get some exercise instead.

Heels simply have too many negative side effects and suffering pain and discomfort and potentially getting a foot injury for the sake of a slight improvement in appearance simply is not worth it.

Neophyte
Tuesday, December 13th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Heels might make a woman look taller or leaner, but precisely how much of a difference is that going to make?

More than you think. This is why women wear high heels:

http://www.happehtheory.com/2010/09/14/the-secrets-of-life-16-why-do-high-heels-make-women-more-feminine-or-sexy/

Sigurd
Tuesday, December 13th, 2011, 10:46 PM
I'm not so particular about high-heels as some others are. Actually I consider your standard stiletto to be fairly awful and find that few women can pull it off. Boots with a bit of a heel I do find luring, but that's the boots' fault. I basically worship women in boots, that is any type of boot minus the furry ones. ;)

That being said, I find women walking in overly high heels a little annoying. It was a particularly bad habit amongst the girls in halls in Aberdeen, perhaps getting to shake my head every other day about girls freezing to death for wearing spaghetti tops and having to carry their high heels in mid-December has helped me come to that conclusion. :|

You know, if you have to carry your woman over your doorstep more than a few hundred times before the wedding night, you know she's got a major issue with the practicality of her clothing, and most especially her footwear. :P

Guinevere
Wednesday, December 14th, 2011, 02:07 PM
I only really wear high heels if i'm going out to a very nice place or if it's a special occasion. I have nothing against them but I have NO IDEA how women walk in them for hours and hours, I have friends that do this and NEVER complain about their feet hurting, lol. The only high heels that I dislike are the ones that are like 8 inches and look like they were customly designed for strippers or hookers, lol.

Wittmann
Sunday, December 18th, 2011, 10:54 AM
As a small representation of the male gender, I do not generally like "heels". I am fine with the one to two inch ones, but I detest the very large four inch plus sies.

Battus Philenor
Sunday, December 18th, 2011, 03:57 PM
I wear high heels daily if I'm going to class or work. I'm short. Sue me! I don't put on a pair of pumps if I'm just going to the supermarket, though. Lately, however, I've been wearing my harness boots which give me a good inch.

DonarVanHolland
Wednesday, December 28th, 2011, 07:36 PM
I myself am not tall as a man (1.80 m), so I detest high heels, especially on those tall Dutch women :-)

Besides, most women cannot walk gracefully on high heels, let alone dance. So the effect is quite awful, really.

Siebenbürgerin
Wednesday, December 28th, 2011, 07:48 PM
The high heel keeps the foot in a unnatural and painful position. I know some women who had to operate on their foot and cut part of the bone because the high heels deformed it. :|

There are flat platform shoes for the women who want to look taller but detest high heels.

out in the woods
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2012, 01:42 AM
I find that high-heels and a rural preparedness lifestyle are basically incompatible. I won't wear shoes I can't run and climb in. In summer I am mostly barefoot, my feet get very tough like leather. I rarely go to places where this is a problem. Much community socializing is done outdoors in the area I live, many people are barefoot all summer, except when safety requires shoes. Heels? On the scarecrow, maybe. :D

Lothringen
Tuesday, January 3rd, 2012, 05:12 PM
I like my wife wearing heels but I would never ask her wearing them at daily basic nor do I ask her to do make-up everyday.
It's purely esthetic.
Just like singing. Are you singing when you communicate at work ?
When you do your shopping are you singing to the shopkeeper ?

Wearing heels is only one of the way (they are plenty of other that can substitute) showing feminity, knowledge of social convention, respect to the people you invite or get invited by, please your husband/boyfriend,...
It does not have to be functional and should not be done everytime.

Does a bishop wear his tall hat everyday ? did old german chieftain were they horned or winged ceremonial helmet on the battlefield, does today soldier make his patrol with shinning medals ?

On the same way men's ties have no use except than strangling you but stillmost bodyguard now wear then BUT with elastic false knots..

DeltaCharlie
Monday, January 9th, 2012, 02:33 AM
I enjoy seeing my wife in heels. Either wearing jeans or dresses/skirts. I find it to be alluring to the eyes and can highten feminitity.

@Lothringen- I worked in security for many years and was given false knot ties to wear, but I prefered wearing ties that I actually tied. My supervisors would always use the what if someone tries to strangle you remark to get me to wear the false knot ties. For some reason I enjoy wearing ties and have a fairly large collection of ties.

Frostbite
Monday, January 9th, 2012, 10:59 AM
I've been seeing some really cool high heels lately, but I can't walk in them at all and I'm really tall so I feel weird wearing them.

Blood_Axis
Monday, January 9th, 2012, 11:21 AM
I vote "sometimes". :)

Elaborating on that:

heels can be smokin' hot, but they should be reserved for special occasions.

a. for health reasons (self-explanatory)

b. because it is not hot to see women wearing heels in awkward situations such as a walk in the countryside or the park (where the road is rocky and bumpy), very early in the morning, in the super market, etc...

Here in the Balkans it is a very common phenomenon to see women overdressed for most occasions. Wearing heels when the context is not right, too much make up, etc, can make a woman look tacky and cheap, most of the times.

I would wear heels on special occasions, such as going out for dinner or having been invited to a wedding, etc.
At work I always wear flat, comfortable shoes, usually trainers, and also when I run my errands.

Goosey
Monday, January 9th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Not that you'd want to wear them all day but are some more wearable than others?

merewif
Monday, January 30th, 2012, 06:39 PM
I don't usually wear heals and would only wear them rarely.. and I mean, very rarely. Considering I am 177 cm or just under 5'10" I also don't "need" them although it can be fun to tower over people at 6'1" :D

Looks wise, I think they can look nice but I value my ability to function and be comfortable too much to bother 99.5% of the time ;)

Angelcynn Beorn
Monday, January 30th, 2012, 09:52 PM
I think heels look good when worn at the right time. Obviously going out on a weekend, or to a party, or to a big event in general, is a good time to try and look your best and show off your legs. But don't over do it, moderation is the key. Wear them every day, in every situation, and they'll lose their appeal and just become part of the standard 'outfit' that people are used to seeing you in every day.

Astrid Runa
Friday, February 10th, 2012, 10:51 PM
If I wear heels, they're heeled boots and not stilletto heels. Solid square heeled boots, like Doc Martens.
I don't need the height, personally. Also, I can't walk in thin heels. Unpractical, IMO.

Svanhild
Thursday, March 29th, 2012, 02:00 PM
I own some heels but they don't leave my shoe cabinet a lot of times. Can't be arsed to wear them and walk like a stumbling idiot. :D One or two times a year there are parties I attend with heels but that's it.

tigerlily
Sunday, June 24th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Some may say it depends on the legs. :P

hyidi
Monday, June 25th, 2012, 01:28 AM
I only wear heels when I'm out at a club/pub/party. I can not stand when women wear heels shopping. It may look more womanish but is it worth it!

And I do not have (what you call great legs) so, When I do go "out out" I had too wear heels to boosts up my appreanece. If I could get away with it, I would not wear heels at all.

Frostbite
Monday, June 25th, 2012, 03:54 AM
I want to learn how to walk in heels, if I could walk in them I'd only wear them occasionally. I think it's silly to wear them shopping and to do errands.

Heels are bad for your feet and legs so they shouldn't be worn all the time.

Sjoerd
Monday, June 25th, 2012, 04:20 AM
I think footwear should be sensible and comfortable. Our feet bear alot and take a beating our entire lives. No need to put them at risk for injury.

I have often heard women complain about the discomfort and awkwardness when wearing these things... and at a wedding I attended two months ago, one of the bridesmaids twisted her ankle walking down the aisle. Pretty gruesome thing to happen in the name of fashion.

Wear at your own risk ladies. Don't ever risk injury or harm in the name of fashion or beauty.

BigNoise
Monday, June 25th, 2012, 05:04 AM
What Sjoerd said.

Any woman of mine is not allowed to wear heels. Man was designed to walk on flat feet.

For "fashionable" female footwear, I much prefer those Greek/Roman type sandals.

hyidi
Monday, June 25th, 2012, 05:15 AM
Any woman of mine is not allowed to wear heels.
You sound like 18th century old style dominate European warrior! :thumbup :D

For "fashionable" female footwear, I much prefer those Greek/Roman type sandals.
There is western type sexy flat footwear. I'd prefer to wear those than High Heels.

Thunir
Monday, June 25th, 2012, 11:15 AM
High-heels, when too ostentatious, invite the wrong type of attention. I would not want to encourage women to wear them.

Heels themselves do not invite unsavoury attentions; it's the way in which the wearer carries herself which determines the quality of admirer she will attract.

That said, I do not believe that a female's attire makes much difference when predators are intent on inflicting their violence on the defenseless.

Adalheid
Monday, June 25th, 2012, 02:56 PM
I don't like them...they make no sense to me, mostly because I'm practical and I don't like to buy a lot of shoes, or shoes that serve only a single purpose. I do oblige occasionally and wear a small heel for celebrations or what have you.

I've seen many nice, feminine shoes that aren't heels. I like the kind of shoes that can be worn with a lot of different things. I am a mother, and I need to be able to look good in them and be able to run.

Then again, I only own a few pairs of shoes. I am not opposed to shelling out for a big ticket pair of shoes that are not only comfortable, but will last years and look good in most scenarios. When you break it down to 'cost per wear' it's a lot cheaper in the long run than when one buys the cheaper shoes and has to throw them away and buy new frequently.

Olavssųnn
Monday, June 25th, 2012, 03:01 PM
No, I've never been a fan of them. An extremely unnatural and impractical kind of shoe, no doubt. You will appear a little taller by wearing them of course, but I do not see the point aside from that.

hyidi
Monday, June 25th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Heels had been a proven fact that they can make a women's feet vainly! Not only that, her ankles will be damage after years of years of wearing heels. Business women could be at risk.

Jens
Monday, June 25th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Not a fan. Yeah it can make a woman's bum look nicer if she's standing but it makes her walk look awkward. Physical grace is more important to beauty than the minor bum advantage. That and it is unhealthy, and I can't help but judge a woman's intellect and self esteem when she sacrifices her well being for something like that.

Svanhild
Monday, July 2nd, 2012, 09:00 PM
I own some heels but they don't leave my shoe cabinet a lot of times. Can't be arsed to wear them and walk like a stumbling idiot. :D One or two times a year there are parties I attend with heels but that's it.
Update to my last post: I ditched them. Tried to wear them on friday night and twisted my ancle. I've been lucky under the circumstances but the shoes didn't survive my fury.

hyidi
Tuesday, July 3rd, 2012, 04:19 AM
I ditched them. Tried to wear them on friday night and twisted my ancle.

That's no good.

I'm not a fan of high-heels. I find that high-heels with thicker heels are little bit easier to wear.

DNA Metaphysician
Tuesday, July 3rd, 2012, 05:24 AM
Heels are hot- don't ask me why it's an instinctual thing. I'll leave that to evolutionary psychologists. My girlfriend is taller than me when she wears heels too and personally I think that's crazy hot. Maybe it's a "TALL GIRL, LARGE HEALTHY CHILDREN!" cave man thing.

Huginn ok Muninn
Wednesday, July 4th, 2012, 09:56 PM
I really don't understand why they are supposed to be hot. I see a woman in high heels and think... hmm, that's supposed to be hot, but it's not, really... it's still just ridiculous. I think by far the sexiest thing a woman can wear on her feet is nothing. Barefoot is hot, and seriously so. It's beautiful to see the feet and leg muscles work as they are supposed to, and women are naturally more graceful-looking when walking barefoot. If you must wear shoes, something simple and unpretentious like Keds are perfectly fine.

cupper
Wednesday, July 4th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Yeah, I like heels.

On women.

NOT men. :D

Svanhild
Thursday, July 5th, 2012, 11:19 PM
I really don't understand why they are supposed to be hot. I see a woman in high heels and think... hmm, that's supposed to be hot, but it's not, really... it's still just ridiculous. I think by far the sexiest thing a woman can wear on her feet is nothing. Barefoot is hot, and seriously so. It's beautiful to see the feet and leg muscles work as they are supposed to, and women are naturally more graceful-looking when walking barefoot. If you must wear shoes, something simple and unpretentious like Keds are perfectly fine.
You don't want to see any feet after are barefoot walk in a town like Hamburg. Believe me. You don't want to. The sidewalks are dirty and full of grains and splitters, remains of winter. Add some smudgy unknown remnants and fluids. Then there's dog dirt in the parks, on the streets and everywhere. Shoes are essential for survival.

Sigurd
Thursday, July 5th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Update to my last post: I ditched them. Tried to wear them on friday night and twisted my ancle. I've been lucky under the circumstances but the shoes didn't survive my fury.

May I share this painful stumbling experience with a friend of mine? All she's been doing all week long is but post shoes with high heels of at least half a foot height on her Facebook profile; all my work colleague and I have been doing is give her a hard time over her fetish. :P

maxxi
Monday, July 16th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Sometimes it's hot, sometimes it's... funny.

Hot: If you can walk on higheels.
Funny: If your walk an heels looks like a drunken sailor on the mainland (? - I think, you know, what I mean. :D).

I love my High Heels. I've more than 100 pair of them and they're all completely different! :D
I walk in flat shoes reluctantly, I dislike flat shoes. And everything is flat with heels less than 5 cm. I prefer for the daily use heeels with 8-10cm. It's comfortable and it looks pretty.

But sometimes, in some rare cases I know the minimum virtues of Chuck's definitely to appreciate. ;)

Jens
Saturday, July 21st, 2012, 10:09 PM

Funny: If your walk an heels looks like a drunken sailor on the mainland (? - I think, you know, what I mean. :D).

I disagree, walking in high hells always looks jagged, aprupt, and ungraceful. The horrible noise doesn't help. Walking should be graceful, fluid, and dead silent.

Georgia
Monday, July 23rd, 2012, 04:32 PM
I seldom wear high heel shoes. And the high heels I own, well, they aren't all that high. Shoes have to be comfortable and mine are:).

Sindig_og_stoisk
Tuesday, July 24th, 2012, 09:29 AM

I love my High Heels. I've more than 100 pair of them and they're all completely different! :D
I walk in flat shoes reluctantly, I dislike flat shoes. And everything is flat with heels less than 5 cm. I prefer for the daily use heeels with 8-10cm. It's comfortable and it looks pretty.

But sometimes, in some rare cases I know the minimum virtues of Chuck's definitely to appreciate. ;)

I00 pairs of just high heels alone!! I have perhaps six pairs of footwear in total, including a pair of slippers. You must have spent a great deal of money on acquiring all those shoes. And shelves enough to hold them. And time and effort to clean them...

High heels are bad for your body in the long run. It causes you to walk with a spine unnaturally curved. I do not recommend anyone wearing high heels on a day-to-day basis but instead reserve them for special occasions.

Your body simply is not build for high heels.

maxxi
Tuesday, July 24th, 2012, 11:00 AM
I have perhaps six pairs of footwear in total, including a pair of slippers.You're a man, I'm a woman - you see the difference?
You must have spent a great deal of money on acquiring all those shoes. And shelves enough to hold them. And time and effort to clean them...It's very sweet, that you're so worried about me, but it is not necessary. I also bought not all the shoes at once, but over many years. I'm not 18 or 20 anymore.
Shelves? I store them in a box, most of them in shelves in the basement, and my favorite shoes at the time in the apartment - therefore I must not brush them well all the time. ;)
High heels are bad for your body in the long run. It causes you to walk with a spine unnaturally curved. I do not recommend anyone wearing high heels on a day-to-day basis but instead reserve them for special occasions.I know the dangers and I wear the shoes not 24/7 ans I haven't all day to go. Until now, my wearing habits didn't make any problems ...

hyidi
Tuesday, July 24th, 2012, 11:40 AM
I disagree, walking in high hells always looks jagged, aprupt, and ungraceful. The horrible noise doesn't help. Walking should be graceful, fluid, and dead silent.

I can not stand the sound of heels, I really want to smack women out.

Heels were made to make women to appear taller and appear to be sexy footwear. Heels is all about sexiness and not about health. Men have it easier than women in this case. Heels are killers in every sense of the word.

Gefjon
Monday, March 27th, 2017, 12:42 PM
A pair of high heels make a woman look and feel sexy, except for those prostitute platforms.

A pair of red high heels makes any outfit stand out.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/70/65/cd/7065cd211b40bd1c164e3c4270790011.jpg

Catterick
Monday, March 27th, 2017, 12:44 PM
I dunno. They can be effective weapons in melee combat situations.

Huginn ok Muninn
Monday, March 27th, 2017, 03:25 PM
http://miscpix.com/files/m/modelankle94129.gif#model%20falls%20from %20heels%20gif

Catterick
Monday, March 27th, 2017, 03:58 PM
Once I saw a porn outtake where the starlet was astride a bath with a male performer lying inside. Her foot slipped guess where her stiletto landed.

Gareth Lee Hunter
Monday, March 27th, 2017, 05:56 PM
Once I saw a porn outtake where the starlet was astride a bath with a male performer lying inside. Her foot slipped guess where her stiletto landed.

So, I take it she made it possible for the dude to sing soprano. :D

Siebenbürgerin
Tuesday, March 28th, 2017, 11:36 AM
A heel which can be worn by women in moderation is the "kitten heel". These were originally trainer heels and formal fashion attire for young teenage girls because a high heel was too sexually connotated at that age. The style was popularized for women by Audrey Hepburn and some celebrities wear it too these days. The kitten heel can be worn at weddings, balls and other formal occasions where heels are mandatory.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3HEZDwovfl4/VLraE9MIcXI/AAAAAAAAI_g/p5lT3GpAdC4/s1600/Foto2-Audrey-Hepburn-Kitten-Heels-alternativa-al-stiletto-Shopping-Tendencias-glamgodu.jpg

Another option to add some cms to your size is to wear wedges. This is the type of shoe I wear when I want to add tallness. There's no risk to fall like in stilletto heels.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/1e/d3/4c/1ed34ceb1dbdc29425d533c336f4fffe.jpg

But neither kitten heels or wedges are options to wear all the time. Wearing heels all the time can cause bunions and other health problems, lower back, neck and shoulder pain because the heels disrupt the natural form of the body.

Aeternitas
Tuesday, March 28th, 2017, 05:25 PM
I find decently high heels pretty and aesthetic, however most types are too uncomfortable to wear on a regular basis. The heeled shoes I have in my closet usually have a thick heel, a supportive sole and/or low arch. Most of them are boots. I can wear them to work or for activities that don't require long and constant walking.

https://forums.skadi.net/images/3539/boots.jpg

Women who like their shoes to look sophisticated and fancy, yet don't wish to sacrifice on comfort or simply can't walk in heels can wear instead flats. Pointed flats retain the feminine frame of the shoe minus the heel, ballerina type shoes with lace or rhinestones can be worn comfortably on most occasions -- weddings included -- but also compliment casual outfits.

https://forums.skadi.net/images/3539/flats.jpg

Bärin
Tuesday, March 28th, 2017, 10:31 PM
I guess I'm a strange person since I can't walk in either high heels or flats.:| I can't balance even on platforms. Flats and flip flops are comfortable but if they're too flat they make my soles hurt if I walk too much. So I wear sneakers, orthopedic shoes or flats with insoles/inserts. When I was pregnant I always had trouble with my shoes, then I discovered those. They give the foot a better arch.

http://bestwalkingfeet.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/bestwalkingfeet3-300x245.jpg

Leliana
Wednesday, March 29th, 2017, 10:15 PM
I don't wear heels. Not my style. And I think they're out.

GroeneWolf
Thursday, March 30th, 2017, 05:19 AM
I dunno. They can be effective weapons in melee combat situations.

Only you need to take them off first. Forcing you to walk on bare feet. Not something I would recommend.

Žoreišar
Thursday, March 30th, 2017, 01:31 PM
Only you need to take them off first. Forcing you to walk on bare feet. Not something I would recommend.Walking bare-footed is good for your body. I try to walk as much bare-footed as possible in the summer time, when outside of the city. Your manner of gait quickly changes, to landing the front of the foot before the heel, causing less strain on the ankles, hips and spine than you otherwise would when walking in shoes. The contact of the skin of your feet against soil, can also be very beneficial to your health, as your body is able to exchange electrical charge with the ground, and actually grounding you. There are also certain minerals and vitamins that are obtainable from soil through the skin, like vitamin B12, which is a common deficiency among vegans, for example. If you ever walk bare-footed in a moist, newly-plowed, fertile field on a warm summer's day, you'll definitely feel some magic going on. :)

Juthunge
Thursday, March 30th, 2017, 03:12 PM
There are also certain minerals and vitamins that are obtainable from soil through the skin, like vitamin B12, which is a common deficiency among vegans, for example. If you ever walk bare-footed in a moist, newly-plowed, fertile field on a warm summer's day, you'll definitely feel some magic going on. :)
Is there any scientific proof for that? Absorption through skin is a way to obtain certain nutrients but only if applied in concentrated doses, certainly not by walking through mud.
I certainly like to walk barefoot through the grass in the garden and generally walk barefoot at home, even in winter. But there I know it’s halfway hygienic.

There are other things obtainable from a moist, muddy field, however, like, especially if you have minor cuts, Clostridium tetani resulting in Tetanus(granted, most people are vaccinated against it but still) or unhealthy chemicals from fertiliser. ;)

Vitamin B12 intake can be solved by merely drinking 600ml of milk or eating some eggs or 50g of Fish(varies strongly but 50g is sufficient for most types) or 100g of beef or 100g cheese etc.
Vegans can take supplements but actually it’s already proof, that vegan lifestyle is unhealthy.

Mööv
Thursday, March 30th, 2017, 03:33 PM
If you ever walk bare-footed in a moist, newly-plowed, fertile field on a warm summer's day, you'll definitely feel some magic going on. :)

I always loved going down to the Danube in the summer, when it recedes, and go berserk on the wast exposed mud... At first it is always just walking barefoot on it, but then you get an urge to go full naked and roll in it like a pig :D

GroeneWolf
Thursday, March 30th, 2017, 04:05 PM
Walking bare-footed is good for your body.

Maybe, alto I would like some sources for the claim one can absorb B12 trough the skin.

However I was making my statement in the context of a self-defence situation. And you probably do not want your feet to get injured by sharp objects on the floor/ground.

Žoreišar
Thursday, March 30th, 2017, 05:18 PM
Is there any scientific proof for that? Absorption through skin is a way to obtain certain nutrients but only if applied in concentrated doses, certainly not by walking through mud.No, I can't find any scientific research on B12 being directly absorbed through the skin, but B12 is produced by a bacteria that is living in fertile soil, so I think it's logical to assume that regular bodily contact with such bacteria will cause it to find it's way into one's body somehow. But yeah, it's not something I can profess with outmost certainty. Believing in it, certainly helps, though. ;)

There are other things obtainable from a moist, muddy field, however, like, especially if you have minor cuts, Clostridium tetani resulting in Tetanus(granted, most people are vaccinated against it but still) or unhealthy chemicals from fertiliser. ;)I would never recommend anyone subjecting oneself to soil contaminated by modern agricultural practices. The farms I've been working at, have all been 100% organic, and even though I would regularly have fresh cuts all over my hands and feet, I never got any infections or diseases from playing around in the soil. I think people who get sick from such contact with one's natural environment, generally have a weakened immune system, caused by living in sterile environments that are full of artificial chemicals that may cause subtle, chronic inflammations in the body, for example in our clothes, paint, detergents and food packaging.

Vegans can take supplements but actually it’s already proof, that vegan lifestyle is unhealthy.I've seen scientific research and human examples pointing to both the positive and the negative conclusion of this claim. My opinion is that it works for some people, and not so much for others. One should always listen to one's own body over scientists in such matters.

Catterick
Friday, March 31st, 2017, 01:44 AM
Juthunge: a healthy vegan diet does not need be imbalanced. Mushrooms and other edible fungi are closer to animals than to plants, with the nutritional value more like meat, but are vegan suitable. People forget fungi.

Leichenfelder
Friday, March 31st, 2017, 02:24 AM
I like high heels. Unfortunately, I myself am 5'8".

Žoreišar
Friday, March 31st, 2017, 10:58 AM
I like high heels. Unfortunately, I myself am 5'8".Nothing a pair of stilettos couldn't fix ;)

Catterick
Thursday, April 6th, 2017, 01:44 AM
Only you need to take them off first. Forcing you to walk on bare feet. Not something I would recommend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz_PYbzcXh4

She's a cool character but her hair is too long. An obvious nod of the head to the Nazi exploitation genre.

Idis
Wednesday, November 15th, 2017, 03:32 PM
I only wear high heels on special occasion. Otherwise it's flat shoes for me. I walk funny in heels that are too high. :P

Alice
Thursday, January 31st, 2019, 07:43 AM
I rarely, if ever, wear heels nowadays. I used to wear a Mary-Jane type shoes with a stacked heel to work everyday, but now I almost exclusively wear ballerina flats (when the weather permits). I walk a lot, and therefore I am constantly contending with cobblestones, ice, slush, snow or gravel, and heels aren't prudent for me since I'm somewhat clumsy, too. ;)