PDA

View Full Version : Christian Group Directs “Spiritual Warfare” Against Pagan Goddess

Ælfrun
Thursday, October 6th, 2011, 05:39 AM
The New Apostolic Reformation, a neo-Pentecostal Christian movement with strong ties to GOP Presidential candidate Rick Perry, plans to “lay siege” for 40 days on Washington D.C. to change the District of Columbia into the District of Christ and eliminate compromise in our government. Events to take place in each state in turn, Minnesota’s date is October 21st. Pagans organizing to counter the malefic magic.

The Reformation Prayer Network, led by Cindy Jacobs, and the Heartland Apostolic Prayer Network, headed by John Benefiel, have joined together to produce a nation-wide event called “DC40.″ Jacobs and Benefiel are national endorsers for GOP Presidential hopeful Rick Perry’s The Response. The goal of DC40 is to effect “eternal change in our nation’s capitol so our elected officials can govern from a new position of uncompromising light and understanding as we change the spiritual atmosphere over Washington DC forever.” This effort is variously named DC40, Forty Days of Light Over D.C., and 51 Days of Reformation Intercession.

wpde88j1ppY

Video by DC40
The change DC40 hopes to make is electing leaders who fear the Christian God and “find that compromise is not the way” as it is impossible to “compromise with unrighteousness.” The “uncompromising light” refers to a statement released by Heartland Apostolic Prayer Network, which says God’s word should be the legal authority in the United States and Christians should acknowledge no other, “no power to purpose or accept any compromise of the promises of God, and we declare illegal in the earth any action or any people, Nation or nations that undertake what is contradictory to the Word of God.”

DC40 attacks Columbia
As a first step, DC40 is taking aim at Columbia, patron goddess of the United States. Benefiel says America is “cursed” for living under a Pagan goddess whom he alternatively calls Columbia or Baal. Benefiel went on to say naming the capitol after Columbia and having Her statue atop the capitol building “gives her a legal right to mess things up in our nation’s capital” and is the reason legislators “go crazy” when they arrive there. DC 40 says it is renaming the District of Columbia to the District of Christ to reclaim it for Jesus and urges the nation to repudiate Columbia. Benefiel says that the only way to solve our country’s current problems is to divorce ourselves from our nation’s Pagan trappings.
DC40 plans to have teams in the capital cities of all 50 states and Washington DC linking state capitals to the nation’s capital to help harness the intents and wills of thousands of Christians for this working. The 51 day event starts in Hawaii on October 3rd and moves to each state in reverse order of its entry into the union and continues until November 22. Christians in the point state for the day are to “take point” in praying for the District of Christ, the repudiation of Columbia and other non-Christian deities and religions, and the election of Christian God-fearing candidates. The rest of the country is to pray that the point state “Fullness of its destiny.” The group will have Christians by act in concert using a 51Day Prayer Guide to be released on their website. Minnesota is scheduled to be a point state on October 21st. There is no available information yet on a schedule of events for Minnesota for the 21st.

One of the scheduled events for DC40 is an action at “Drums in DC” on October 28th. The Annual Samhain Drumming at the Jefferson memorial is on October 28th and David Salisbury of PNC-DC speculates this event may be DC40′s intended target that day. The Open Hearth Foundation, sponsors of the drumming event, says they “will take precautions that are necessary in preparing for Samhain festivities in the light of this new campaign.”

Pagans plan response
Bloggers Hecate and Literata, both of whom live in the Washington DC area, are calling for Pagans to make daily devotions to Columbia and to pray to Her to help this country preserve its foundational commitment to religious liberty.

“I will be spending this time making a daily devotion to her, not against these conservative Christians, but in hopes that they and I might find ways to live peaceably together in a nation that values religious pluralism,” writes Literata.

Hecate echos this call and adds other steps Pagans can take, ” I propose to seriously ward my Bit of Earth, my own tiny temple to Columbia. I propose to, a number of times between now and November 11, 2011, circle the United States Capitol, sprinkling, inter alia, rosemary and warding the beautiful statue of Columbia that presides over, and directs energy into, the United States Capitol. I propose to write to my Senators and Congress person, on paper that I’ve charged and with ink that I’ve mixed with sacred herbs, and ask them to disavow this hateful group of Dominionists. I propose to ask my own Circle if we can do some protective magic. I propose, as Summer slips into Autumn and as the Veils Between the Worlds begin to thin, to call upon all of my ancestresses and ancestors, especially those who have worked to make America the Home of the Free, and ask them to block what the Dominionists are doing to this country and to my beloved City on a Hill. I’m an urban Pagan and I propose to do magic to sustain my urban area. And because I don’t enjoy being merely reactive, I intend to do some magic to strengthen Columbia’s hold over her own city, to help everyone who lives here to see the benefits that she brings to her polis, to increase her influence over this landbase.”

Minnesota Against Hate: Protect Our Libertyhas been launched byVeronica Cummer for people “here in Minnesota who believe in freedom of religion and the principles upon which this country was founded stand up for Columbia as feminine poetic emblem of America and for Lady Liberty, herself another feminine emblem.” The group is planning a response to take place on October 21st, when DC40 has designated Minnesota to be the point state for its malefic working.

Lamyka, a Pagan living in Hawaii and founder of Proud Pagan Podcasters, says Hawaiian Pagan will not allow DC40 to take Hawaiian Mana, ” Our people and our land are NOT going to be used and raped like this. We’ll have our own Kahuna block their sick. “ She has created a group on facebook to help direct efforts in Hawaii.

Georgia: For Religious Freedom is planning a response on November 19 as that is the date their state is scheduled to be ‘point state’ for DC40.
Star Foster, manager of the Pagan Portal at Patheos.com, says she will be, “giving Columbia offerings and prayers that she may protect her district, founded on the ideals of liberty, during this siege.” SHe has also put together Hail Columbia, a positive interfaith response to DC40 and The Response.

Pagan author Juliaki adds that Pagans should consider asking state Gods and spirits to assist in local protection, “Although non-local deities still answer the prayers of their children, there is something about working with a ‘hometown’ deity.”

Other Pagans commenting in the Wild Hunt suggest methods for re-purposing the directed energy raised by DC40 or wonder if shielding and grounding should be used instead.

Columbia is considered by some Pagans to be the patron goddess or genius locii of the United States. She is a guardian of freedom and a generous granter of plenty. In early depictions of Columbia, she wears the cap of freedom and holds a cornucopia. The eagle and the rattlesnake are sacred to Her.

http://pncminnesota.wordpress.com/2011/07/25/christian-group-directs-spiritual-warfare-against-pagan-goddess/

This scares the hell out of me!

Primus
Thursday, October 6th, 2011, 05:56 AM
Unpatriotic scum. :thumbdown Columbia is a fine, fine lady indeed, like Roma was for the Roman nation or Athena was for the Greek nation.

These fool Christ-worshippers ought to leave the country and go and dwell in Israel if they don't like our national personification. Insulting Columbia is the same as insulting the U.S. itself and they're stupid hypocrites since they also believe in a goddess named Mary.

GroeneWolf
Thursday, October 6th, 2011, 07:29 AM
I doubt this group will be that successful. However this also shows which of the two feel confident and strong enough to go on the offensive and which one is not. Since these pagans are more about preserving postmodern secularism then about reviving the relation between religion and state that existed in pagan times. While these Christians are working to create a religious order.

The Open Hearth Foundation, sponsors of the drumming event, says they “will take precautions that are necessary in preparing for Samhain festivities in the light of this new campaign.”

Who are behind this group and what do they want to achieve?

Ediruc
Thursday, October 6th, 2011, 07:52 AM
LOL!

So these Xtians are acknowledging that other gods/goddesses/deities exist? Doesn't that come into conflict with their "Only One God?" idea? :D

ugh....christians...always contradicting themselves. Well, Odin on the Cross, I sure hope they don't win :| District of Christ...I bet twenty shekels Jefferson and Paine would certainly have a thing or two to say about that.

Ocko
Friday, October 7th, 2011, 02:31 AM
Never heard of a Goddess named Colombia. Seems to be the female form of Columbus.

They just create a hoax, fighting against a false Goddess created by them.

reminds me more of Don Quixote and the Windmills.

paraplethon
Friday, October 7th, 2011, 02:44 AM
What sort of 'god' of compassion and love demands we fear them?

Ediruc
Friday, October 7th, 2011, 02:45 AM
Never heard of a Goddess named Colombia. Seems to be the female form of Columbus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbia_%28name%29

I interpret Columbia as being a feminine personification of the United States of America for what it was intended to be: A nation built by Germanics FOR Germanics. The Founding Fathers were against immigration from swarthy people, but accepted Saxons and Huguenot French.

Columbia represents the beauty of our Germanic women too. She can be a patron goddess for Germanic women of our nation.

But Columbia has been raped the past one hundred years of our nation's history :| Her grove has been defiled and she mourns the loss of our country to non-Germanic/White peoples.

EQ Fighter
Friday, October 7th, 2011, 04:19 AM
As a first step, DC40 is taking aim at Columbia, patron goddess of the United States. Benefiel says America is “cursed” for living under a Pagan goddess whom he alternatively calls Columbia or Baal. Benefiel went on to say naming the capitol after Columbia and having Her statue atop the capitol building “gives her a legal right to mess things up in our nation’s capital” and is the reason legislators “go crazy” when they arrive there.

I’m an urban Pagan and I propose to do magic to sustain my urban area. And because I don’t enjoy being merely reactive, I intend to do some magic to strengthen Columbia’s hold over her own city, to help everyone who lives here to see the benefits that she brings to her polis, to increase her influence over this landbase.”

Ok!
Got to say that is some pretty hilarious Shit there! :D

You got supposed Christians praying against an imaginary Goddess that she be struck down.

On the flip side you have some pagans praying to uphold the same imaginary goddess.

People seem to get stupider by the minute. :|

Here is an Idea, if they want to pray, against something It might be wise to pray that the US abstract ourselves from Afghanistan on one peace.

Or that the ALL the Rothschild have a hart attack and die, there by solving the corrupt banking practices.

I think the "Goddess" if you want to call her that is this one.
http://www.texasescapes.com/CentralTexasTownsSouth/CameronTexas/GoddessOfJusticeMilamCountyCameron303.jp g
Cartoon Version
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSr07z6EPEu4O8ue1mOQ7x ej1DaqAqZ36KtiVG0M_h7AeSfWULGyw

Which is less a Goddess and more a concept of Justice. IE "Lady Liberty" Or "Goddess of Justice" that is loosely based on the Roman Goddess Minerva.

Lets Face it, it is not exactly a secret that the US Founding Fathers pulled many governmental Ideas from Ancient Rome including the Imagery.

Primus
Friday, October 7th, 2011, 05:02 AM

No, the existence of the Lady Columbia predates the actual existence of the U.S.A. iirc. :) She was always portrayed as an armored and helmeted figure, rather like Pallas Athena or Dea Roma.

Elessar
Friday, October 7th, 2011, 05:20 AM
Again, big surprise here
Dear AmeriKwan Chrishin's.
http://www.thatgayjesus.com/werdpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/jesus-would-slap-shit-you.jpg

Even so, how could one who claims to be so patriotic remove the elements on which America was founded? Is this not the most un-american thing you can do? Engaging in a faux crusade against domestic pagans, meanwhile the rug is being pulled from under you. They are rejecting themselves, feeding off their own belligerent fantasy that this was founded as a Christian nation and should "return" to the "glory days". And to take it a step further America rejected itself from the higher Monarchical order. Oh how perverse!
It's no wonder how a country so anti-tradition is so utterly lost to itself. Spiritual warfare. hah.

“America ... has created a 'civilization' that represents an exact contradiction of the ancient European tradition. It has introduced the religion of praxis and productivity; it has put the quest for profit, great industrial production, and mechanical, visible, and quantitative achievements over any other interest. It has generated a soulless greatness of a purely technological and collective nature, lacking any background of transcendence, inner light, and true spirituality. America has [built a society where] man becomes a mere instrument of production and material productivity within a conformist social conglomerate” -Julius Evola :)

Ediruc
Friday, October 7th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Ok!
Here is an Idea, if they want to pray, against something It might be wise to pray that the US abstract ourselves from Afghanistan on one peace.

Well I don't see how that would work considering the Bible God doesn't exist either. Good try though. ;)

Maybe instead of praying to imaginary gods, we should actually DO something about our issues?

Didn't Rick Perry pray to Jesus to fix the Texas economy? :P

EQ Fighter
Saturday, October 8th, 2011, 01:51 AM
Well I don't see how that would work considering the Bible God doesn't exist either. Good try though. ;)

Maybe instead of praying to imaginary gods, we should actually DO something about our issues?

Didn't Rick Perry pray to Jesus to fix the Texas economy? :P

LOL!
Yes he probably did, and so came forth a gusher of OIL, while the rest of the country, full of ignorant Obama Voters drowns in their "Hipe and Change".

Then those Obama Voters got up off their lazy A$$, and are migrating southward, away from their land of Northern Stupidity, toward the place where the money and the Jobs were.

Does that answer your question?