PDA

View Full Version : Question About Borreby Features in Northern England (Danelaw Area)

Gray
Wednesday, August 24th, 2011, 07:59 AM
So I'm classified as Borreby-Nordid according to the guy who did it for me here, GeistFaust I think was the one.

My mother's side is almost fully German, with most of her grandparents or great-grandparents being the first generation to live in America.

Dad's side is supposedly all English, with a lot of relatives coming from Yorkshire way back. Since many of my English relatives came from a Danish influenced area, and Borreby is quite common that side of the family (all of the men look exactly the same, and I'm not an exception), can I say with certainty that I have a significant amount of Danish blood going very far back?

Catterick
Monday, April 25th, 2016, 05:51 PM
So I'm classified as Borreby-Nordid according to the guy who did it for me here, GeistFaust I think was the one.

My mother's side is almost fully German, with most of her grandparents or great-grandparents being the first generation to live in America.

Dad's side is supposedly all English, with a lot of relatives coming from Yorkshire way back. Since many of my English relatives came from a Danish influenced area, and Borreby is quite common that side of the family (all of the men look exactly the same, and I'm not an exception), can I say with certainty that I have a significant amount of Danish blood going very far back?

It would seem intuitive no?