PDA

View Full Version : Monty Python

Johannes de León
Sunday, July 4th, 2004, 10:58 PM
Come on, tell me your thoughts about them. :D

Actually i consider them as being the best comedians ever.

ogenoct
Monday, July 5th, 2004, 02:19 AM
Actually i consider them as being the best comedians ever.
I concur. MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL is possibly the best film ever made!

Constantin

Phill
Monday, July 5th, 2004, 02:43 AM
Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail is the only movie I've seen by them, and it's my favorite comedy.

Sigrun Christianson
Monday, July 5th, 2004, 04:45 AM
The Life of Brian was their best movie, imo, but since I'm anti-Christian, that's no shocker. ;)

As for the TV shows, The Ministry of Silly Walks had me laughing so hard that I nearly hurt myself.

And remember, always look on the bright side of life...

Awar
Monday, July 5th, 2004, 04:51 AM
Heh, I don't see them as Comedians, but great critics of EVERYTHING.
They just do it in a way that happens to be the funniest series ever :)

Johannes de León
Monday, July 5th, 2004, 10:11 AM
Monty Python and the Holy Grail is also my favourite movie by them.
About the series... one of my favourite sketches is the one where a guy write the funniest joke in the world, and anyone who read it, die laughing. :D:D

Milesian
Monday, July 5th, 2004, 11:38 AM
The Life of Brian was their best movie, imo, but since I'm anti-Christian, that's no shocker.

Really? You?? :D

I remember watching the Monty Python members being interviewed last year on American television. They did mention that they originally intended to take the piss out of the life of Jesus but on researching their subject found that it was actually difficult to do and they developed a respect for his life and teachings, and had to change it to revolve around a fictional character instead (Brian).
Lucky for us Christians, eh? ;)

They brought Graeme Chapman's ashes in an urn (or that's what it was supposed to be) and then "accidently" knocked them off the table and spilled them everywhere. :D

Sigrun Christianson
Monday, July 5th, 2004, 02:01 PM
Really? You?? :DShocked? :D

I remember watching the Monty Python members being interviewed last year on American television. They did mention that they originally intended to take the piss out of the life of Jesus but on researching their subject found that it was actually difficult to do and they developed a respect for his life and teachings, and had to change it to revolve around a fictional character instead (Brian). Lucky for us Christians, eh? ;)Christians need more than luck, handsome. ;)

I'm sure Jesus was a swell guy, for a semite, but you have to admit that the movie was priceless. It was absurdly funny and Eric Idle deserved an Oscar for it. :D

I also understand that to make a movie using Jesus as the comedic dolt would probably have been way too offensive to be released to the general public. My Mother, who is just barely Christian, won't even watch The Life of Brian because she thinks it's sacrilegious - she still carries around that Catholic guilt even after all these years. What a shame. She's missing out. Yall are just NO fun!

They brought Graeme Chapman's ashes in an urn (or that's what it was supposed to be) and then "accidently" knocked them off the table and spilled them everywhere. :D He was cremated? How unCatholic. Even I will be buried in a Catholic cemetery. ;)

Johannes de León
Monday, July 5th, 2004, 02:34 PM
Shocked? :D

Christians need more than luck, handsome. ;)

I'm sure Jesus was a swell guy, for a semite, but you have to admit that the movie was priceless. It was absurdly funny and Eric Idle deserved an Oscar for it. :D

I also understand that to make a movie using Jesus as the comedic dolt would probably have been way too offensive to be released to the general public. My Mother, who is just barely Christian, won't even watch The Life of Brian because she thinks it's sacrilegious - she still carries around that Catholic guilt even after all these years. What a shame. She's missing out. Yall are just NO fun!

He was cremated? How unCatholic. Even I will be buried in a Catholic cemetery. ;)
How can one dislike that movie after seeing the Judean People's Front suicide squad? i really rolled on the floor laughing at that. :D

Milesian
Monday, July 5th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Shocked? :D

Christians need more than luck, handsome. ;)

We have more than luck, God is a Catholic as you well know :D
But you get a rep point for your impeccable taste in the opposite sex ;)

Really? I think John Cleese and Michael Palin were the best (as usual)

I also understand that to make a movie using Jesus as the comedic dolt would probably have been way too offensive to be released to the general public.

I'm sure there has been more offensive stuff than that previously ;)

What a shame. She's missing out. Yall are just NO fun!

We haven't met, have we? ;)

He was cremated? How unCatholic. Even I will be buried in a Catholic cemetery. ;)

That's what they are telling you :P

Milesian
Monday, July 5th, 2004, 02:56 PM
How can one dislike that movie after seeing the Judean People's Front suicide squad? i really rolled on the floor laughing at that. :D

Judean People's Front?............ Splitters! :lol

Awar
Monday, July 5th, 2004, 03:06 PM
I disagree, Terry Jones was the best in 'Life of Brian'.
John Cleese should have won an Oscar for 'Meaning of Life':)

Milesian
Monday, July 5th, 2004, 03:12 PM
I disagree, Terry Jones was the best in 'Life of Brian'.
John Cleese should have won an Oscar for 'Meaning of Life':)

Nah, I disagree. I've never been a very big fan of Terry Jones, I have to say.
And the meaning of life only had about 2 good sketches (The Salmon Mousse :) )

The Holy Grail was the funniest IMO.
I'm going upto Dunblane Castle (where they filmed the part with the French knights) and if we are sad enough, we might take the video camera and do a little re-enactment :D

BTW, in the Holy Grail you should check out Cleese as one of the villagers who want to burn the witch (Connie Booth). The sheer aggression on his face is hilarious.
"Burn her! Buuuuuuuuuuuuurn!!!!!"

Awar
Monday, July 5th, 2004, 03:26 PM
:rotfl Now I have to see it again.

Btw. Has anyone seen Jabberwalkee?

Telperion
Monday, July 5th, 2004, 06:15 PM
This thread started off well, but now it's completely silly.

Sigrun Christianson
Monday, July 5th, 2004, 06:38 PM
The Meaning of Life is also a classic, up there next to The Life of Brian. The Holy Grail was funny & all, but I've seen it so many times that I can't stand to watch it anymore.

*Sigrun sings: Every sperm is sacred... <-- For Milesian :D

Milesian
Monday, July 5th, 2004, 06:49 PM
*Sigrun sings: Every sperm is sacred...[/i][/color] <-- For Milesian :D

You have quite a knack for the obvious ;)

Sigrun Christianson
Monday, July 5th, 2004, 07:08 PM
You have quite a knack for the obvious ;)No nocturnal emissions for you, young man. :sway

In all seriousness, is it still taboo for Catholic men to masturbate? What about women? Women don't ejaculate sperm...

Milesian
Monday, July 5th, 2004, 07:14 PM
No nocturnal emissions for you, young man. :sway

It disturbs me that you actually think of my nocturnal emissions, but whatever turns you on ;)

In all seriousness, is it still taboo for Catholic men to masturbate? What about women? Women don't ejaculate sperm...

They don't? Well, they say you learn something everyday :P

It is and always will be the case, yes.
Taking the in-built pleasure of the sexual act but frustrating it's ultimate purpose constitutes a perversion of the sexual act - so yes. :)
As for women, yes I see your point. It doesn't entail the same contempt and indifference for the fate of human seed, but I suppose the above reason does apply.

Of course Catholics traditionally got round it by simply having a lot of sex, which also done away with the problem of declining birth rates. ;)

Sigrun Christianson
Monday, July 5th, 2004, 07:16 PM
So, in essence, you're saying that if I convert to Catholicism, I'll get a lot of sex? :D

Milesian
Monday, July 5th, 2004, 07:19 PM
So, in essence, you're saying that if I convert to Catholicism, I'll get a lot of sex? :D

You have my personal guarantee :lol

Sigrun Christianson
Tuesday, July 6th, 2004, 12:35 AM
You have my personal guarantee :lol:fsex:

Alkman
Saturday, February 2nd, 2008, 09:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrShK-NVMIU

Absolutely hillarious! :D

nordicdusk
Sunday, February 3rd, 2008, 01:56 AM
Great video Python are the best. This clip is the funniest thing i have ever seen. Never fails to make me laugh. Genius.

www.youtube.com/v/nnb_O9FlKJ8&rel=1