PDA

View Full Version : Maria Sharapova Wimbledon Ladies Champanion The Next Anna Kournikova

Northern Paladin
Sunday, July 4th, 2004, 09:08 PM
At just 17 young Russian Maria Sharapova has Upset the Tennis World by beating the two time reigning Champion Serena Williams 6-1 6-4.

How did she do it? That was the question I was asking myself when she beat the Powerfully built Gorilla like Serena. Must be brains over brawn. :P

This young Slavic babe is going to be the Next Anna Kournikova if you ask me. :P

Odin Biggles
Tuesday, July 6th, 2004, 12:37 AM
Good on her, i watched it fully and she deserved it without a doubt

StrÝbog
Tuesday, July 6th, 2004, 12:51 AM
lol she's already better than Kournikova. Kournikova has never won a notable tournament to my knowledge, let alone a Grand Slam tournament. She is only popular because of her looks. Sharapova is popular for both her looks and talent.

Sigrun Christianson
Tuesday, July 6th, 2004, 12:56 AM
If Kournikova had spent half as much time practicing her Tennis as she did posing for pics, she'd be a champ. Hell, I could beat her. :P

I was thrilled to see Sharapova win. She is beautiful and dedicated. I hope she continues.

Phlegethon
Tuesday, July 6th, 2004, 01:35 AM
She is too skinny. But at least she does not look like a femel Hulk like Capriati and the nigger siblings.

Northern Paladin
Tuesday, July 6th, 2004, 04:13 AM
Good on her, i watched it fully and she deserved it without a doubt

Yeap she had that big Gorilla on a string.

She is too skinny. But at least she does not look like a femel Hulk like Capriati and the nigger siblings.

Yeah she could be more shapely like UP types. But than she wouldn't be playing Tennis.

Hulkish women outside professional sports should all be sent to Labor Camps. :D

Dr. Solar Wolff
Tuesday, July 6th, 2004, 05:10 AM

Maria Sharapova should be called "Orc Killer" from now on. The Williams sisters are Orcs, right from the Lord of the Rings, steroid pumping Orcs.

I do agree with what has been said about her ability vs. Anna K. but we really shouldn't comment on her looks until she turns 18.

rusalka
Tuesday, July 6th, 2004, 06:15 AM
This young Slavic babe is going to be the Next Anna Kournikova if you ask me. :P
Anna who? I thought Kournikova was a part-time actress for lousy Latino videos and a men's magazine model. :P I have no idea how she ever made it to the WTA listings in the first place. I hate her guts for turning the tennis world into Hello! magazine material and making Marie Pierce look like a Catholic schoolgirl when it comes to dress sense. Ah, the goold old days when we had Martina Navratilova and Steffi Graf competing and not some stupid blond girls waving their braids.

No offense to Sharapova though, I think she plays brilliantly. I just hope they won't turn her into a Playboy centerfold as well.

Triglav
Tuesday, July 6th, 2004, 07:41 AM
...and not some stupid blond girls waving their braids...

Racist! :-O

:sway

Phlegethon
Tuesday, July 6th, 2004, 08:56 AM
Maria Sharapova should be called "Orc Killer" from now on.
Orc killer? I was thinking Ogre Killer.

Phlegethon
Tuesday, July 6th, 2004, 09:00 AM
Hulkish women outside professional sports should all be sent to Labor Camps. :D
Nah, they should be sent my way. I have heavy bookshelves to rearrange and Jehovah's Witnesses to scare away.

Mistress Klaus
Tuesday, July 6th, 2004, 09:27 AM
:P Well she is certainly a hit in Australia. The newspapers here are filled with her pictures! (silly men :cheer ..but who could blame them...most women tennis players are very butch. :lol )

She is also notorious for her on court screaming. "The Queen of Scream". Reaching a peak level of 86.7 decibels (as loud as a screeching gibbon :D ...and apparently reaching 'injury range' on the ears. :fecho: I have watched her on the TV (I don't usually watch tennis either..he he)...and yes I must say that her loud grunts & squeals are very annoying. I could imagine how the other tennis players feel :fangry: "Shut the fu.. up!"

Serena Williams: "Congralutions on your first Grand Slam"
Maria Sharapova:"I'm sorry I had to win. I'm just borrowing this from you for a year" :goldcup

Phlegethon
Tuesday, July 6th, 2004, 09:55 AM
apparently reaching 'injury range' on the ears.
Like almost every other female in the world. ;)

rusalka
Tuesday, July 6th, 2004, 02:32 PM
Racist! :-O

:sway
They're not stupid because they're blonde but they happen to be stupid and blonde, what can I do? ;)

Would you rather count good old Anna in the intelligently gifted club just because her hair shade is the same as yours? :P

Milesian
Tuesday, July 6th, 2004, 02:48 PM
Ah, the goold old days when we had Martina Navratilova and Steffi Graf competing

Yeah, whatever happened to the mixed singles.
Don't they have them anymore? :)

rusalka
Tuesday, July 6th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Yeah, whatever happened to the mixed singles.
Don't they have them anymore? :)
There's nothing wrong with Martina the Elder when it comes to playing tennis. :P

Milesian
Tuesday, July 6th, 2004, 03:42 PM
There's nothing wrong with Martina the Elder when it comes to playing tennis. :P

How very generous of you. I just thought it unfair that the women were forced to play a man for so many years ;)