PDA

View Full Version : 20 Years of Sweeping Change

Æmeric
Wednesday, August 10th, 2011, 03:54 AM
More eggheaded praise of changimg demographics for the sake of change & excitement. :thumbdown

What changes two decades have wrought.

The USA is bigger, older, more Hispanic and Asian and less wedded to marriage and traditional families than it was in 1990. It also is less enamored of kids, more embracing of several generations living under one roof, more inclusive of same-sex couples, more cognizant of multiracial identities, more suburban, less rural and leaning more to the South and West.

Results of the 2010 Census have been pouring out all year, an avalanche of statistics detailing the population characteristics of states, counties and cities. But the Census represents more than just a current snapshot.

The end of the first decade of the 21st century marks a turning point in the nation's social, cultural, geographic, racial and ethnic fabric. It's a shift so profound that it reveals an America that seemed unlikely a mere 20 years ago — one that will influence the nation for years to come in everything from who is elected to run the country, states and cities to what type of houses will be built and where.

The metamorphosis over just two decades stuns even demographers and social observers.

"It was always predicted that we would be diverse, but it's happened faster than anyone predicted," says Cheryl Russell, former editor in chief of American Demographics magazine, now editorial director of New Strategist Publications, publisher of reference tools. "Diversity and the rapid growth in diversity is one of the reasons we have a black president today. That's one thing that would never have been predicted."

The black-white racial dynamics that have dominated much of the nation's history have been scrambled by the explosive growth of Hispanics. In most southern states where the black-white legacy has deep roots, Hispanics have accounted for most of the population gains during the past decade.

"An entire Venezuela's worth of Hispanics was added in just those two decades," says Robert Lang, an urban sociologist at the University of Nevada-Las Vegas. That's about 30 million, or half of the nation's growth since 1990.

"Everything about America now has to do with diversity that we could hardly recognize in 1990," says William Frey, demographer at the Brookings Institution. The change will be felt for years to come as whites and blacks age and young Hispanics dominate in more places.

"By 2050, Americans will look back at the controversies around immigration, controversies about diversity and wonder what the big deal was," Lang says. By 2050, many years after the end of the Second Civil War we will ponder what those insane politicians were thinking in allowing so much immigration into the country, at the same "diversity" was causing the breakup of the Soviet Union & Yugoslavia.

The starkest evidence of the cultural revolution the nation has undergone in two decades lies in the first government reporting of same-sex households.

"That is huge," Russell says. "Usually, attitudinal change occurs as one generation replaces another'' but this happened faster.

"In 1990, people were still thinking of family as what you saw on TV sitcoms," Frey says — mainly mom and dad and two kids. "It still stuck in people's minds as the norm."

Source (http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/census/2011-08-10-census-20-years-change_n.htm)Notice how much less social cohesion we have now that the traditional family is not as common.

Frostbite
Wednesday, August 10th, 2011, 05:40 AM
Everyone makes it out to be so good that there is so much diversity. Everywhere you go though, where there is a lot of diversity everything is a mess. The places that are majority white tend to be the nicest places.

I've noticed that as more and more blacks have moved into my neighborhood, there's a lot more vandalism. I don't know if it's them, but just a few years ago it wasn't there.

Northern Paladin
Wednesday, August 10th, 2011, 05:50 AM
I've noticed that as more and more blacks have moved into my neighborhood, there's a lot more vandalism. I don't know if it's them, but just a few years ago it wasn't there.

I have noticed the very same thing in my area. Over the past few years, my neighborhood has become heavily Hispanicized, and lo and behold there is gang graffitti spray-painted on almost every alley.

Silent_Saxon
Wednesday, August 10th, 2011, 05:59 AM
I'm not so shocked at the change as much as I am shocked that I am expected to welcome it. The America of my grandparents is dead and everyone thinks I would be happy about that? If the roles were reversed I seriously doubt that the Mexicans would be tolerant of "progress". I feel like I live in the wrong era, my brothers... :~(

Austin
Tuesday, August 16th, 2011, 01:04 AM
I'm not so shocked at the change as much as I am shocked that I am expected to welcome it. The America of my grandparents is dead and everyone thinks I would be happy about that? If the roles were reversed I seriously doubt that the Mexicans would be tolerant of "progress". I feel like I live in the wrong era, my brothers... :~(

Yes the black and Hispanic areas are always the worst areas.

EQ Fighter
Tuesday, August 16th, 2011, 01:48 AM
More eggheaded praise of changimg demographics for the sake of change & excitement. :thumbdown

By 2050, many years after the end of the Second Civil War we will ponder what those insane politicians were thinking in allowing so much immigration into the country, at the same "diversity" was causing the breakup of the Soviet Union & Yugoslavia.

Notice how much less social cohesion we have now that the traditional family is not as common.

My take in the article is this, It is your typical Leftist, most likely Jewish Hippy going.

"Yippee we finally beat the conservative base of the US down, after getting our tails whipped by the white right sooo many times in the past we now have the majority here in the US just like we got it in Europe!" :thumbdown

Unfortunately I have news for this idiot, and that news is this is NOT the end of the fight it is the beginning of the second part of that fight, and one he his filthy allies are not going to win or at least one they are not going to come away from unscathed.

Oh and as far as Russia goes, they were F-ed over form the time the Bolshivick Scum took over in 1917, and from then on. But as we can see that didn’t turn out quite the way they wanted, and nether will this.

The Break up of the USSR simply meant that the Jews and Communist had to relocate to a better location. Namely the USSA.

EQ Fighter
Tuesday, August 16th, 2011, 02:37 AM
Seems the "Jewish" Element always finds its way in to this sort of thing.

Hispanic Diversity in America
rate or flag this page

By lizrenee44

Hispanic Americans make up a big part of America. At 39 million, this makes Hispanics the largest United States minority group, as >>>said by Haya El Nasser, USA TODAY.<<<This makes Hispanic Americans an important part of our country. You will read through out this paper about several Hispanic groups and the difference between each of the groups. You will also get a chance to be more informed on the challenges each group faces and the ways that each group contributes to America, among many other topics.

Bla! Bla! Bla!
Marx is Cool!

Hispanic American Diversity

Mexican Americans are a group of people that reside in the United States, but trace their ancestry to Mexico. In the 2000 U.S census, 21.5 million people identified themselves as Mexican Americans and the number today is about 39 million and on the rise. There are about 2 to 3 million illegal immigrants that also live in the United States as said on MSN news online. This greatly adds to the number of Mexican Americans in the U.S.

Bla! Bla! Bla! Bla!

The Spanish language serves as a unifying force in the Mexican American community. There are about 70 percent of Mexican Americans that know how to speak English as well as their native language, Spanish. English is mainly used in the public and in schools. But Spanish is still spoken in their homes and at Mexican events. Spanish is a language that links other Hispanic people together because this is the native language that is spoken in mostly the Caribbean and Central America. The Spanish that is spoken by Mexican Americans have been greatly influenced by the English language. There is now the term called Spanglish, which seems to be a combination of both of the languages. So this means that the Spanish that is spoken by Mexican Americans is different that the Spanish that is spoken in other Spanish speaking counties.

Bla! Bla! Bla!

Most Mexican Americans are identified with the Roman Catholic faith. But there are a significant number of Mexican Americans that are from the Jewish faith. Along with these religions, the holidays such as Christmas and Easter are celebrated along with their religious beliefs. Cinco de Mayo is also a popular holiday that is celebrated. This is a celebration of the Mexican victory at the Battle of Pubela that happened in 1862.

In traditional Mexican family’s, the mother served as the center of the family. But in the present, many Mexican American women now work outside the home. As with the man in the household, traditionally they were the bread winner, as with many other races. But like with other races, Mexican Americans have come to realize that it now takes both the man and the women to make ends meet at home. But one thing that does set them apart from other races is that it is not uncommon for many adults and children to live under one roof. Also few Mexican marriages end in divorce.

Note: They Mexicans were NOT the Target of Leftist Cutural Warfair. Care to wonder how they would fair if they were under the same pressure as Germanic Populations ?

One should also note that as this feminist/cultural Marxist crap prevails in Mexican families the divorce rates are coming up so this is partially a lie.

Bla! Bla! Bla!

Mexican American have started to influence the American culture. Many Mexican Americans have learned to speak the English language to get by in public. But this is now magazines and newspapers and even websites that are in Spanish to help Spanish speaking Americans. These sorts of changes helps Mexican Americans adjust better to deal better in public.

Bla! Bla! Bla!

One serious problem that still exists in the Mexican American community is poverty. Illegal immigrants often work for less than minimum wage and with no health insurance. There are many Mexican Americans that do not finish school as well. But the Mexican Americans have started to use their political power to help with issues such as immigration and bilingual programs.

Bla! Bla! Bla!

Another Hispanic group is the Puerto Ricans. It is said that about 2 million Puerto Ricans live here in the United States. Spanish is the spoken language of this country, but since America acquired the island in 1898, there have been a great influence with American culture in Puerto Rico. As with Mexican Spanish, Puerto Ricans have added slang to their Spanish. Spanish is derived from Latin. It is said that Spanish is the second largest language in the world, according to Welcome to Puerto Rico.

Most Puerto Ricans are from the catholic faith, but most do not follow the faith as closely as with other groups. When it comes to events such as weddings, funerals and any other type, the catholic beliefs are held strongly to. This group also believes in the passing of onto the after life, where there are days of prayer.

Puerto Ricans are said to be a vibrant group of people. They love theater, dance and many other forms of arts. Some of the arts the do are influenced by places like New York, Caribbean and Spain. There has also been African and Latin influences on the Spanish language and overall culture. Puerto Ricans are known for their warm hospitality. Most say they are American, but are very proud of their heritage.

Puerto Ricans influence the United States in ways such as with Medicine. Medicine is firmly established in Puerto Rico. This group has also added the colorful culture here to the United States. Also Puerto Rico is considered Commonwealth. They are looked at as a state. Puerto Ricans all have the same rights as someone that was born inside the states. Puerto Rico has been like this since 1917.

Cubans are another Hispanic group that lives in the United States. As with the Spanish language with the first two groups, Cubans have developed their own form of Spanish. Spanish speaking Cubans in Miami have one way of using Spanish and Cubans in Cuba have their own way. This is based on American culture and the influence on the Spanish language, as with the first two Hispanic Groups.

Cuba is made up of mainly Cuban people and African people. The main religion there is Roman Catholic. The celebration of Christmas is just recently in the 60s been recognized as a holiday in this culture. There is a small Jewish belief there in Cuba as well. There’s beliefs are trying to stay alive through priests and rabies that visit this country.

Music is a big part of Cuban culture. This is a colorful and fun group of people as said by some. Also stated in the Culture of Cuba, Cubans are a friendly group of people and are close with their families. Cubans also like to play a variety of sports.

Women do not have a lot of rights in Cuba. Some come to the United States for more freedom than they get in Cuba. In Cuba, the children are even expected to work. It can be understandable why some would choose to make a better life in the States.

While not too many Cubans have made a big impact in the States with in our government, the states have made positive changes for the Cuban government. Cuba is one of the world’s last communist countries. The economy is not in the best shape as well. When Bush was in office he tried to make suggestions that might have benefited this county.

The last group that I wanted to talk about is the Spaniards. This is a group that comes from Spain. There are about One million Americans that are classified as Spaniards. This is one of the smallest Hispanic Groups in the United States.

Spanish is the spoken language in Spain. The Spanish spoken there is the correct form of Spanish with little influence from American culture. As with the previous languages this is a language that all Hispanic groups use in some form or another.

The basic religion of Spaniards is Roman Catholic. This is also a shared religion among the Hispanic groups. But in Spain religious leaders struggle to hold people in the faith. Religion is also losing strength and influence in politics in Spain as well.

The Spaniards are based on a social structure and keep even extended family close. Family is important to them as well in other Hispanic groups. Each Hispanic group keeps separate in ways as the foods that come from their countries and the different actives that each groups does.

There has not been a big impact from the Spanish group on America. The most influence on America is from the Mexican American group and some by Puerto Ricans.

Conclusion

The Hispanic groups listed above are the same in many ways, but there are things such as the way they speak their native language Spanish and their culture activates that do set them apart from one another.

No the Real Conclusion

IS that American White Jews see Hispanic Jews as Allies and White Germanic’s as enemies. Even though White Germanic Americans were stupid enough to fight other Germans.

And as we cans see he who slays his brother kills himself.

Fiona
Tuesday, August 16th, 2011, 02:46 AM
The more they gloat about it the sooner we will close ranks.

You can injure someone and get away with it, but adding insult to injury.....