PDA

View Full Version : National Radiation Map

Leonhardt
Monday, August 8th, 2011, 04:05 AM
This map shows the national radiation levels in the US, updated every minute.
http://www.radiationnetwork.com/
It is a good idea to keep up on the anti-oxidants.

Hilderinc
Monday, August 8th, 2011, 04:18 AM
Isn't it scary to think how close to major cities some of these plants are, as well as how close they are to major rivers and food producing areas?

Ælfrun
Monday, August 8th, 2011, 04:36 AM
This is really quite interesting and relevant to our current living situations. The average person has no clue as to how much radiation that their bodies are being exposed to.

On a certain level, radiation does not just come from these hazardous plants, but from our tv sets and electronic devices as well.
I wonder how many of our electronic devices should count for radiation transmission.
I noticed on the map, that thare is a higher rate of radiation in the Eastern part of America. I had a glance at the European radiation map also and noticed that it was predominantly central where the plants are. There was emphasis on the station being in Bergen, Norway that detects a higher amount of radiation.

At this point, everyone all over the world should be taking some form of iodine to protect themselves from harm that could be done. The thyroid gland is the part of the body that absorbs the most radiation.