PDA

View Full Version : Canada Gives Condolences to Norway

Ælfrun
Sunday, July 31st, 2011, 05:50 PM
http://www.emb-norway.ca/News_and_events/News/Prime-Minister-Harper-pays-his-respect-to-the-people-of-Norway/

Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Minister of Foreign Affairs John Baird paid their respect to the people of Norway by signing the book of condolences at the Embassy in Ottawa.

Prime Minister Harper had Minister Baird at his side when he sat down to express his thoughts and condolences. Before leaving he spoke with Deputy Head of Mission, Jo Sletbak, saying that the deaths are senseless and that the Norwegian people can always count Canadians as friends.

Prime Minister Harper’s Condolences:

“I want to express my deepest sympathies to all in Norway who have lost loved ones so senselessly. We share in your grief and your vulnerability. Please know that the free and open society that is Norway will always have a friend in Canada.”

Stephen Harper
Prime Minister

Minister Baird’s condolences:

“On behalf of Canadians and Dept. of Foreign Affairs our prayers and sympathies are with you and your country. “

John Bair

Ælfrun
Sunday, July 31st, 2011, 06:28 PM
I am Glad that Canada has been showing condolences to Norway, There have been memorials in all of the larger cities in Canada :)