PDA

View Full Version : Exactly How German Are the French?

Gray
Thursday, June 30th, 2011, 08:29 AM
I ask this because of the historical Frankish roots of modern-day French. We know that there was a large migration of Franks from areas of West Germany and the Netherlands to Gaul after the Western Roman Empire collapsed. The Franks then formed the foundation of what would become the Carolingian Empire, and then the modern notion of France. So are the French as Gallic as they like to think? Also, was the number of Franks that settled in Gaul on the same scale as the number of Angles, Saxons, and Jutes that settled the in the British Isles? Did these Franks have a significant impact on the Genetic make-up on the French people of today?

Ingvaeonic
Thursday, June 30th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Good questions. I'd be interested to know the answers to them as well.

norseking
Thursday, June 30th, 2011, 11:36 PM
there were heavily influenced by the germanic people before the romans had its say on gaul

Edgard
Thursday, June 30th, 2011, 11:50 PM
They are more Nordid in Normandy and Brittany. I am told some even have red hair.

SaxonPagan
Friday, July 1st, 2011, 12:07 AM
They are more Nordid in Normandy and Brittany. I am told some even have read hair.

This is certainly true of the Bretons, who are essentially Celts.

Gray
Friday, July 1st, 2011, 01:17 AM
So how Germanic do you think the average Frenchman in Paris would be?

SaxonPagan
Friday, July 1st, 2011, 11:19 AM
So how Germanic do you think the average Frenchman in Paris would be?

Gray, I think I know what you're asking here but Paris is possibly the worst example you could have picked :lol

I would hazard a guess and say 30% (no kidding!!) but, due to the size of the country, there are still a lot of rural areas where the inhabitants have kept their lineage more or less intact. As you go down the eastern border there are many local populations I reckon you could classify as Germanic, from Pas-de-Calais in the north through Alsace, Lorraine and as far down as the Rhone-Alps region.

One shouldn't overlook Normandy either, which is in the N/N.E. but I've seen people there with blond hair (unusual in France!) that wouldn't have looked out of place in Scandinavia. Then again, Normandy was always more Viking than French ;)

That's the way I see it anyway, although I'm not an expert in this field; I've just travelled a fair bit over there. Despite the exceptions I've mentioned, I'd have to say that France overall is just one big multicultural mess and most cities of any decent size resemble places in North Africa rather than Europe :(

Gray
Friday, July 1st, 2011, 11:22 PM
Yeah, it makes sense that most of them would be located in Normany.

Jäger
Saturday, July 2nd, 2011, 09:25 AM
5% or so, Normandy/Brittany more than the rest, but still only a few, I was actually surprised how many swarthy people there were.
The French revolution was a racial atrocity where the Nordic element was more or less purged.

Turin son of Hurin
Sunday, July 3rd, 2011, 04:42 AM
what's with those bulging negrofied black eyes they often have?

Is this from the last few hundred years of reverse african colonization or is it more to do with being closer to the meditarenian?

norseking
Monday, July 4th, 2011, 05:48 AM

Is this from the last few hundred years of reverse african colonization or is it more to do with being closer to the meditarenian?

having dark eyes has no connection with being african. dark eyes are the most common eyes in the world until you get to northern europe.

Bittereinder
Monday, July 4th, 2011, 06:27 AM
I dont know about being German however view this clip from Euronews, perticularly the two guys being interviewed.

http://www.euronews.net/2011/06/30/annecy-2018-the-final-lap/

Also note the towns proximity to Germany:

http://forums.skadi.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=108676&stc=1&d=1309756830

As far as I know northern france was settled in large by Germanics.

Jäger
Monday, July 4th, 2011, 12:11 PM
I dont know about being German however view this clip from Euronews, perticularly the two guys being interviewed.
What about them? How is this related to this question?
France has at least a 0.000000000000001% Nordic presence?

Gray
Monday, July 4th, 2011, 11:11 PM
Well, you've got to remember that it was Germans who established the nation of France by modern definition. Frankish rule was the precurser to the Carolingian empire, and without the Franks, that empire would have never existed. The Carolingian Empire is what established our notion of the what the French nation is. That empire was a German empire.

Those frogs don't know how much they owe us Germans.

Bittereinder
Tuesday, July 5th, 2011, 09:44 PM
What about them? How is this related to this question?
France has at least a 0.000000000000001% Nordic presence?

I was pointing out that to my knowledge, there is a higher prevalence of people whom appear to have some Germanic ancestry. However I did not say they are “German”. Furthermore the Franks where Germanic and I believe the area shown on the map was part of their empire and due to its relative distance from the decidedly more racially mixed south it stands to reason that there might be found more people whom have apparent Germanic ancestry. I am under no illusion they be fully Germanic or German for that matter.

I believe that this is more or less correct, perhaps jou have a different view based on some facts I know not of. In that case feel free to relate it here as I think this is the topic of this thread.

Perhaps I should have been more complete in my reply.

Due to the time under the dominion of the Roman empire anyone who was a citizen of the empire could relocate and live anywhere else in the empire, this made it possible for already mixed and unmixed ethnicities (largly semetic peoples) to move from the eastern empire to settle in the western empire. This effect can be seen in Italy as well. Think of it as the EU… By the winter of the Roman empire their armies were almost entirely made up of unmixed “barbarians” from the north, Germany, Scandinavia etc. because the basic stock of the Roman empire ie. the Latini had bred themselves out of existence and the remaining mongrels had not the stomach or the mind fit to maintain and expand the culture that the original Romans had created. The same goes for Greece… from Sparta and the city states to the situation they are in today… This should be a stark warning to all who embrace the multicult.

Adalheid
Wednesday, February 22nd, 2012, 04:24 PM
This is certainly true of the Bretons, who are essentially Celts.
My mother in-law's heritage is French. I've often wondered on the Germanic influence because she has white-blonde/red hair and the lightest blue eyes I've ever seen. She's kept extensive records and photographs and the piercing blue eyes and wispy white/red hair goes back to France. This is a very interesting topic for me.

celticviking
Sunday, February 26th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Germanic and Celtic people can have all hair and eye colour.
The modern French are Germanic and Celtic just like the Germans, Austrians, Dutch, Swiss, British, Greenlanders & Icelanders.
They than moved to USA,Canada,South Africa, Australia and New Zealand.
For the French the Celtic side comes from the Gaul and the Germanic side comes from the Franks and Normans.

Tom Schnadelbach
Sunday, February 26th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Please understand that I am referring only to the franks that went to Gaul, and not the ones who stayed in Franconia.

They were Volksverraeter/ethnic traitors who moved to romanised gaul because they wanted an easy life, they abandoned their gods, not for arian christianity like most other misguided germanic tribes but trinitarian christianity, vowing allegiance to the pope and then, under Karl the "Great" (big git) proceeded to ethnic cleanse any other germans who did not kiss the ring of the beast, excuse me, bishop of Rome, they abandoned their language, culture and germanic virtues for those of the romano-gauls among whom they lived, which were not always of an equally high standard.

They are no longer germanic and haplotypes be damned. Germanisch is not only a question of genes but also of spirit, and they have the spirit of the mediterranean.

I have no problem with bretons. They are really welsh and cornish refugees. I do sometimes think that to be logical I ought to dislike the normans for doing the same thing as the franks just at a later date but they tend to be nicer looking people than the other french and the smile of a blond norman girl tends to soften my heart.

hyidi
Wednesday, March 7th, 2012, 03:02 AM
She's kept extensive records and photographs and the piercing blue eyes and wispy white/red hair goes back to France. Britain is pron to having White hair pigments.
I do know my first statement is so true and truthful.

The French also receive Germanic hair colouring and eye colouring (so does your family) who as the right too tell the French they are not Germanics? What makes the French 'the' outcast from the Germanic race? I really don't understand! well I don't understand much anyways but the French look white in my eyes.

Granraude
Wednesday, March 7th, 2012, 03:12 AM
The French are as a whole a Romance people ethnically and linguistically. Although some have Germanic ancestors (Normans, Franks)

Being white is not the same as being Germanic...

hyidi
Wednesday, March 7th, 2012, 06:37 AM
And what about the Finns too? French,Finns are not classed as Germanic but yet the British are? Yet' the British are based on an Island and not even connected to the main land of Europe. So how is it so' one European race (The Britons) that have no ties to mainland Europe are classed as 'GERMANIC' while neighboring countries (France and Finland) to Germanic countries like Norway,Germany,Sweden,Switzerland are seen as sub-white races.

There's been talk about that the Spanish came to Britain and the British Isle past centuries due to easy access by sea (I see if I can find that map on goggle) Britain could had been open for the Spanish for many of centuries...also Britain was conquered by the Roman Italians' the two are hardly a Germanic races!

But no Brits get me wrong' I am myself is nearly full of British blood I am all for the main Germanic countries to look at us Brits as 'Germanic' if they say we are Germanic then we BRITS are! I'm just feel so privileged that they see us in that way. I'm just trying to work out in why neighboring countries France and Finland are less Germanic than Britain. It's odd but what would I know!

Every Germanic country as a right to keep neighboring whites out' while at the same time we do worry about France and Finland falling too mass non-white migrations.

Granraude
Wednesday, March 7th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Finns are Finno-Urgic. Quite simple really. And I made a tiny comment on the French on the last page.

British people (mainly the English and Scots) have a lot of Norman/Frankish/Saxon/Angle ancestry. Germanic.

Angus
Wednesday, March 7th, 2012, 07:17 AM
And what about the Finns too? French,Finns are not classed as Germanic but yet the British are?

Like Gran said, the Finns are Finno-Urgic. While yes, some Finns may be Germanic, doesn't mean they all are. Just because Finland is in Scandavina doesn't make them Germanic.

Yet' the British are based on an Island and not even connected to the main land of Europe. So how is it so' one European race (The Britons) that have no ties to mainland Europe are classed as 'GERMANIC'

By that logic, Iceland and the Faroe Islands aren't European / Germanic either.. Our ancestors the Anglo-saxons, Normans and the Vikings all settled here from the mainland. Just because Britain is an island off the coast of Europe, doesn't suddenly make us non-European.

while neighboring countries (France and Finland) to Germanic countries like Norway,Germany,Sweden,Switzerland are seen as sub-white races.
Hungary (probably one of the largest mixed countries), for example, is bordered by Austria, this doesn't make Hungary a Germanic country just because they share a border with a Germanic people. They have a completely different language (Uralic), culture, ancestry and history. Same applies to the countries you mentioned above.

France at one time had a major Germanic influence; the Franks and Normans, but that was long ago. Now they're ethnically, culturally and linguistically Romance. There are of course a few individuals and even a few communities that are still ethnicity Germanic, but the nation as a whole is Romance.

So, I guess If I had to sum it up for you in a few words, I'd say that some individuals may be Germanic, but the nations as a whole are not, due to different culture, languages and ancestry.

hyidi
Wednesday, March 7th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Quite simple really. Not really! Not too me it's not easy. I'm a learner' I never study racial purity before. I am an enthusiasts! It's a interests of mine' a big interests in European languages and European folks but I am no experts like you guys are. Thus, this is why I find it so hard to believe why some White Europeans countries are not 'GERMANIC' like their so close neighbors. I know what you wrote has meaning but to a person that has no training in this field it's so bizarre. I never knew that white European look at each other this way. Well I guess I learn something knew each day.

ampersand
Wednesday, March 7th, 2012, 10:27 AM

Do you mean like

http://www.ardennesmagazine.be/reportages/region_a/houffalize/houf_2009/090401_mr/MR_500.jpg?

(Wallonian, but illustrates what I mean)

I'd be curious to know too, because its quite striking and only really seems to be found in that area. I wonder if it is actually the origin of the frog nickname...

Edit: I didn't mean this post to be anti-French, most French people don't look like that, it's just that of the people that do they seem to be found in that area

Tom Schnadelbach
Wednesday, March 7th, 2012, 12:41 PM
You might try asking the people involved if they WANT to be referred to as germanic.

The finnic speaking ancestors of the finns, and their cousins the estonians and the sami, were not white. They were mongolids who came to live in europe. The finns look basically white looking now, through interbreeding with scandinavians and other europeans, but their self understanding is that they are not germanic. They are often hot for being considered scandinavian, but they are not germanic. They are Finnic. Finnic is uralic. The hungarians, magyar, are descended from the huns, who, while actually taking anybody who wanted to join their plunderband, were at core mongolid, and distantly related to the finnic people. They also look basically white through interbreeding with europeans. But their self understanding is being magyar, not germanic. Magyar are uralic.

As far as the french go, they don't want to be germanic either. They know about the franks, but they consider themselves a latin country. Bully for them. Personally, I don't want them to be germanic. I am happy that they see us boche as different than themselves.

hyidi
Wednesday, March 7th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Oh! Yes' now I can see no Germanic nor white race in this frenchman.
He more looks like a wog or mexican than a French. There's nothing Germanic or even white about him. Even white French look some kind of white.

Tom Schnadelbach
Wednesday, March 7th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Oh! Yes' now I can see no Germanic nor white race in this frenchman.
He more looks like a wog or mexican than a French. There's nothing Germanic or even white about him. Even white French look some kind of white.

Heidixx, have I missed something? Who said anything about the french not being white?

Edit. I found the answer. Never mind.

Tom Schnadelbach
Wednesday, March 7th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Every Germanic country as a right to keep neighboring whites out' while at the same time we do worry about France and Finland falling too mass non-white migrations.

Every country, full stop, has the right to keep out any foreigner. However, most countries do not mind a few foreigners of compatible background to live among them if they do not become a drain on the current population. If too many foreigners, even of compatible background, live among them, then they tend to dilute the original culture of the country involved. We want the individual characters of our countries to remain.

To use an example of your ancestral homeland of britain, after WW2, many poles who had served with the british forces preferred to stay in britain rather than to go back to communist controlled Poland. There weren't that many of them when divided among the british population, they were christian, albeit roman catholic, and they had similar cultural norms. It did not bother them that christmas was called christmas. They expected to work for a living and there was plenty of work to go around. They had a nation to rebuild after the destruction of the war. It was fairly easy for them to blend in with the original population. Most of their descendants are indistinguishable from other british citizens with the exception of male line last names. That is not the case with most afro-caribbean immigrants, or whatever the present politically correct term might be.

You referred to France and Finland.
With France, Finland, and nonwhite immigration, the nonwhites tend to have an alien religious tradition, different holidays, different ideas about female modesty, often a different language and way of thinking. And they breed like bunnies. Relatively soon the french and the finns could be a minority in their own country. We prefer that the french and the finns keep french and finnish. We don't want them becoming islamic countries. We prefer to keep the muselmen on the other side of the mediterranean.

There have been many newspaper reports about muslims raping white european women, especially female scandinavians, and their excuse was that the women were dressed like whores so got what they deserved. We europeans do not consider it to be allowable to rape an actual whore, and the women involved were dressed like any other women of their age and country. We don't need the sort of people who think that rape, under any circumstances, is allowable. That is not the only cultural difference. We don't want muslims to tell us how we have to live. That is the job of another semitic tribe. Unfortunately.

hyidi
Wednesday, March 7th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Oh yes' your so very right. I had the same thoughts in my head.

But did hitler know any difference?

The French are not germanic people and must be kept out of all germanic countries' say if hitler manage to win the war? Hitler wanted a white Europe (which is good) with mingling of all Europeans within europes boundaries' Would hitler had of known that racial purity between the Finn/French and the rest of the eurpeans folks? (hitler did have a fling with a french women during The great war) If he did not' Germanic countries would had been multic mixed with non Germanics whites after WWII' not harmful when these days the now we have 3rd world immergrants settling down into Germanic countries like rats!

Tom Schnadelbach
Wednesday, March 7th, 2012, 04:43 PM
The Fuehrer wanted all people to live in their own countries among their own blood and with their own traditions. He did not mind a few french, or italians, or greeks living in Germany. But he wanted most german residents to be german.

May I speak historically? When the King of France threw out the protestants, called Huguenot, many of them went to Germany. The King of Prussia welcomed them. They blended in. They intermarried with the germans. These days they are considered as german as anybody else, regardless of french sounding last names. They tend to be very patriotic germans. Germany took them in and gave them a home. They are grateful for that.

After WW1, many russians fled the communists and moved to western europe. Berlin had lots of them. Being anti communist, they tended to have a soft spot for the anti-communist Hitler. He returned the favour. They had no problems and when the time came eagerly joined the fight against stalinist russia.

During the 1800s, many poles, being subjects of the King of Prussia, went to work in the Rhineland in the steel mills. When Poland became an independent country again, most of them stayed where they were. When Hitler came to power, no one bothered them. They were treated just like anybody else. They were still german citizens. They spoke german like germans. They went to the same churches as everybody else. They did their military service like anybody else. They fit in.

There is a greek orthodox church in Munich, the Salvatorkirche. It was originally a roman catholic church. The roman catholic archbishop gifted it to the greek community. This was in the 1829. It was active all during the Third Reich and continues to this day. No one bothered them, even if they thought of themselves as greek.

There were a lot of italian restaurants run by italians even before Hitler came to power and no one bothered them.

Hitler's private cook was hungarian.

One of Goebbels ....favorite... actresses was the czech Lída Baarová.

There were not enough of any of these people to undermine the basic german culture. Many of them, such as the Huguenot, became more german than the germans. No one bothered them.

If resident foreigners stayed foreigners and didn't make nuisances of themselves, fine, people treated them like anybody else.

If resident foreigners became german citizens and did what german citizens were expected to do, no one bothered them. In those days, there were not enough nonwhite immigrants to worry about, with the exception of the eastern european jews, and the jews who had been here for centuries did not like them either. They were primitive by western european standards and embarrassed the "german" jews. "German" jews dressed and seemingly acted mostly like other people, and the eastern jews wore caftans and had the long locks and the hats and the beards.

hyidi
Thursday, March 8th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Thanks Tom.

I retract my earlier comments about Britain not being a 'Germanic land' due to Romans and Spanish invasions. I found a educational link that states that you guys were right' Britain is indeed a Germanic land. Some times I need a second source to help me understand.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/07/0719_050719_britishgene.html

with the exception of the eastern european jews, and the jews who had been here for centuries did not like them either. They were primitive by western european standards and embarrassed the "german" jews. "German" jews dressed and seemingly acted mostly like other people, and the eastern jews wore caftans and had the long locks and the hats and the beards. Thanks. I always wondered why some Jews dress in European traditions and some Jews were full on religious.

OFF TOPIC! Jews are not white are they? originated from the middle-east? That's what I know of them.

Tom Schnadelbach
Thursday, March 8th, 2012, 01:56 PM
To white nationalists in general, jews and other semites are not white. If you asked a mainstream scientist they would say that the jews are caucasian or whatever the politically correct term for white people is these days. They would then say that there is really no such thing as caucasian. They would also say that bell peppers are fruit, that bananas are not fruit but herbs. How scientists define things are not always the same as the way most people define things. I believe that most people here do not consider jews to be white.