PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee Man Sets Kitten on Fire, Yells "Die Kitty!"

Ælfrun
Wednesday, June 29th, 2011, 07:01 AM
SEVIERVILLE, Tenn (Reuters) - A Tennessee man who covered a 2-day-old kitten with body spray and set it afire while yelling "Die Kitty!" will report next month to begin serving a 6 1/2-month sentence, his lawyer said Tuesday.

Christopher Schneider, who was 19 at the time of the 2010 incident, pleaded guilty to animal cruelty in the killing of four kittens, according to Sevier County Assistant Public Defender Micaela Burnham, who represented Schnieder.

Burnham said that the telephone videotape of her client setting the cat afire and yelling for it to die was showed in court Monday in this small city in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains.

Other videotape detailed the killing of the three other kittens by Schneider's three alleged accomplices. Two of the kittens were thrown into the woods like baseballs and the other thrown up in the air and swatted like a baseball by a piece of metal, according to Burnham.

She said her client cooperated with police and provided the other videos, which showed three other defendants -- two juveniles and one adult still awaiting trial -- killing the other kittens.

Burnham said her client was satisfied with the sentence. "We did not offer a defense, we pleaded guilty. He admitted he was involved, he provided evidence to the police voluntarily," she said.

She also said that her client expressed remorse for his behavior and has admitted to an alcohol problem.

The tapes shown and heard in court made it clear that all four subjects were intoxicated, she said. Burnham said Schneider "has taken steps to get his life in order."

Her client -- who was given 30 days to get his affairs in order -- will report to the Sevier County Jail July 27. In addition to the jail time, he was fined $3,000 plus costs and ordered to serve 150 hours of community service. He also must have a mental health evaluation, according to the district attorney's office.

(Writing and reporting by Tim Ghianni; Editing by Mary Wisniewski and Greg McCune)

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/tennessee-man-sets-kitten-fire-yells-die-kitty-205227123.html

What kind of lawyer would help a freak like this guy? and only 6 months jail? He deserves capital punishment. Typical to "blame it on the booze" This just disgusts me. :~(

Hamar Fox
Wednesday, June 29th, 2011, 07:24 AM
People get longer sentences for victimless crimes like tax-evasion and drug use... :|

OneWolf
Wednesday, June 29th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Well,I have a special place in my heart for cats so to be honest the punishment
should fit the crime in this case.The authorities should take this jerk out back,
dump a flammable substance on his back and strike a match.:|

norseking
Wednesday, June 29th, 2011, 07:41 AM
What a stupid crime to commit. Truly alcohol bring out the violent nature of these individuals and they should seek psychological help to keep them safe from the public and "real" people.

Blackened_Might
Wednesday, June 29th, 2011, 07:46 AM
They say that alcohol brings out one's true colors. Alcohol is also called liquid courage. Acknowledging the aforementioned, the kid is a freak and needs to be locked up in a psychiatric facility for a good while.

Ælfrun
Wednesday, June 29th, 2011, 07:49 AM
What a stupid crime to commit. Truly alcohol bring out the violent nature of these individuals and they should seek psychological help to keep them safe from the public and "real" people.

Even when people do not have mental problems, or need psychiatric help, they "blame alcohol" It is an easy way out :(

kuehnelt
Wednesday, June 29th, 2011, 07:50 AM
You can find both of their faces at The Mountain Press (http://www.themountainpress.com/view/full_story/7361218/article--Two-charged-with-animal-cruelty-?), the local newspaper.

Or you can see some before-and-after pictures (http://www.animals-zone.com/happy/) of rescued cats and dogs.

norseking
Wednesday, June 29th, 2011, 07:56 AM

agreed. I have never been tempted to kill kittens and video tape it while being drunk, especially in such a creative and morbid manner. There was far too much thought in the killings of these animals for it to be "simply drunken" normalities. These people have issues.

Ingvaeonic
Wednesday, June 29th, 2011, 08:26 AM
It is unbelievable what some people will do. I wonder why kittens always get in the neck in these acts of cruelty. There was the instance of a Chinese woman that trod on a kitten in stilleto heels and impaled the kitten on her heel.

Goes to show how incredibly sick and stupid people have become in this world.

Sigurd
Wednesday, June 29th, 2011, 08:29 AM
People get longer sentences for victimless crimes like tax-evasion and drug use... :|

Here people get longer sentences for thought crimes like having the wrong opinion, that coincidentally being ours. They'd probably find way to even do you as a Libertarian over for "otherwise NS activity". ;)

Anyhow, this case shows just how much of selfish, unrepentent, indulgent and generally lacking of common sense or decency our people have become, if we're burning animals already. Someone wiser than I once said to judge a folk by how they treat their animals and children... :oanieyes

As to the lawyer: Old problem befalling the legal profession; out to make money and fame, probably most lawyers - ruthless a profession as it has become (and one of the reasons I didn't feel particularly inspired to finish my law studies), 95% of all atornees wouldn't shy back from taking up such a case. :|

Goomer
Wednesday, June 29th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Someone please do the world a favor and KILL this asshole.

Germaid
Wednesday, June 29th, 2011, 10:46 AM

It's disgusting. Alcohol is no excuse for this atrocity. The punishment is a joke, if I were in charge, I'd give them hell.

They say that alcohol brings out one's true colors. Alcohol is also called liquid courage. Acknowledging the aforementioned, the kid is a freak and needs to be locked up in a psychiatric facility for a good while.

People who commit crimes like this definitely have a screw loose. It's an interesting fact that serial killers often started their "career" with animal cruelty. Anyone who does something like this clearly has no empathy or decency at all, I consider these people as genuinely evil. There might be more of this kind than one thinks.

Here people get longer sentences for thought crimes like having the wrong opinion, that coincidentally being ours. They'd probably find way to even do you as a Libertarian over for "otherwise NS activity". ;)

Anyhow, this case shows just how much of selfish, unrepentent, indulgent and generally lacking of common sense or decency our people have become, if we're burning animals already. Someone wiser than I once said to judge a folk by how they treat their animals and children... :oanieyes

As to the lawyer: Old problem befalling the legal profession; out to make money and fame, probably most lawyers - ruthless a profession as it has become (and one of the reasons I didn't feel particularly inspired to finish my law studies), 95% of all atornees wouldn't shy back from taking up such a case. :|

It's intriguing that "thought crimes" that in effect don't harm anyone are prosecuted much stricter than real violence against helpless creatures. It's a shame. I don't know anybody with a "radical attitude" like ours who'd commit such a horrible crime. Guess who is the evil person...:thumbdown

Sybren
Wednesday, June 29th, 2011, 11:33 AM
You can find both of their faces at The Mountain Press (http://www.themountainpress.com/view/full_story/7361218/article--Two-charged-with-animal-cruelty-?), the local newspaper.

Or you can see some before-and-after pictures (http://www.animals-zone.com/happy/) of rescued cats and dogs.
Look at the comments at the first link. Almost all are defending these creatures... It's like the twilight zone :S These crimes or NOT something you do just because you're young, or drunk. If you can look at an innocent animal and bring upon them one of the most excruciating painfully deaths imaginable and don't feel ANYTHING about it, you're simply empty, soulless. For the sake of humanity, lock these people up in an underground dungeon for the rest of their lives...

I don't even dare to look at the second link...

Turin son of Hurin
Wednesday, June 29th, 2011, 12:13 PM
alcohol isnt an excuse when driving....

Blackened_Might
Thursday, June 30th, 2011, 07:42 PM
It's disgusting. Alcohol is no excuse for this atrocity. The punishment is a joke, if I were in charge, I'd give them hell.

People who commit crimes like this definitely have a screw loose. It's an interesting fact that serial killers often started their "career" with animal cruelty. Anyone who does something like this clearly has no empathy or decency at all, I consider these people as genuinely evil. There might be more of this kind than one thinks.

It's intriguing that "thought crimes" that in effect don't harm anyone are prosecuted much stricter than real violence against helpless creatures. It's a shame. I don't know anybody with a "radical attitude" like ours who'd commit such a horrible crime. Guess who is the evil person...:thumbdown

Indeed. That is pretty interesting actually. An old friend of mine had a "serial killer encyclopedia" and I believe that that is what the book was called. It stated that many of them began with animal cruelty, so you are correct on that one. Many were also sexually abused/ assaulted/ molested by a parent or relative in general. I wouldn't go as far as calling them "evil." Just cowards (for having the audacity to viciously slaughter an animal 1/10 their size) and plain nutcases, but ya. I once knew a guy who killed puppies in high school. He was a coward of course.

Alfadur
Sunday, July 10th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Disgusting behavior. These people deserve to be executed.

I wonder why cats are the favorite targets of these sick people?

TXRog
Sunday, July 10th, 2011, 06:14 PM
This goes much deeper than mere alcohol-induced idiot behavior...

One of the known warning signs of certain psychopathologies, including anti-social personality disorder, also known as psychopathic personality disorder, is a history of torturing pets and small animals, a behavior known as zoosadism.

According to the New York Times:

"The FBI has found that a history of cruelty to animals is one of the traits that regularly appears in its computer records of serial rapists and murderers, and the standard diagnostic and treatment manual for psychiatric and emotional disorders lists cruelty to animals a diagnostic criterion for conduct disorders. A survey of psychiatric patients who had repeatedly tortured dogs and cats found all of them had high levels of aggression toward people as well, including one patient who had murdered a young boy."

Robert K. Ressler, an agent with the Federal Bureau of Investigation's (FBI) behavioral sciences unit, studied serial killers and noted:

"Murderers like this (Jeffrey Dahmer) very often start out by killing and torturing animals as kids."

Cruelty to animals is one of the three components of the Macdonald Triad, indicators of violent antisocial behavior in children and adolescents. According to the studies used to form this model, cruelty to animals is a common (but not universal) behavior in children and adolescents who grow up to become serial killers and other violent criminals.

(source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cruelty_to_animals)

This individual is plain and simple E-V-I-L and should be dealt with accordingly and swift, harsh punishment should be administered:

1. Stake through the heart.
2. Shot in the head.
3. Beheaded.
4. Burned at the stake.
5. Hanged in public, etc.

Rid society of this dangerous individual before he starts doing the same thing to people.

“He who does not punish evil commands it to be done.”
- Leonardo da Vinci (Italian draftsman, Painter, Sculptor, Architect and Engineer whose genius epitomized the Renaissance humanist ideal. 1452-1519)

Ediruc
Sunday, July 10th, 2011, 11:48 PM
All I know is that if someone did that to one of my cats, they better hope the alcohol in their system would numb a fraction of the pain they would about to feel.

Berlichingen
Tuesday, July 12th, 2011, 01:11 AM
My hope is that during his pithy six month sentence the other prisoners will make good use of his posterior. Ideally, he'll get hit by a bus as soon as he gets out of prison.

Found a picture of him:
http://timesnews.net/data/gnpics/2011/82166schneider_christopher_o_110628.jpg