PDA

View Full Version : What Is Your Zodiac Sign?

cosmocreator
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 11:09 PM
Title says it all.

Taras Bulba
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 11:12 PM
Capricorn, the wise goat! Same birth-sign as Jesus! :D

Esther_Helena
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 11:12 PM
Western - Leo
Eastern - Boar

Siegfried
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 11:16 PM
Gemini - I don't have much faith in astrology though.

sciath
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 11:20 PM
as Joan of Arc and Ferenc Szalaszi ;)

Esther_Helena
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 11:23 PM
I'll simplify it for the nonbelievers...

Astrology - good
Horoscopes - BS

http://www.astro.com

cosmocreator
Thursday, March 25th, 2004, 11:28 PM
Do the Chinese one too:

http://www.forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=9247

Scáthach
Friday, March 26th, 2004, 10:57 PM
Fragile Virgo. The article Pushkin posted somewhere about Virgoes said it all..

Gladstone
Saturday, March 27th, 2004, 12:36 AM
Gemini here! :)

Taras Bulba
Saturday, March 27th, 2004, 01:10 AM
Fragile Virgo. The article Pushkin posted somewhere about Virgoes said it all..

It's in the refined gentleman thread, a few posts before you tell me why you didn't vote for me because the Russian vs. Irish thread. :(

http://www.astrology-online.com/virgo.htm

Virgo! About Your Sign...
Virgo is the only zodiacal sign represented by a female. It is sometimes thought of as a potentially creative girl, delicately lovely; sometimes as a somewhat older woman, intelligent but rather pedantic and spinsterish. The latter impression is sometimes confirmed by the Virgoan preciseness, refinement, fastidious love of cleanliness, hygiene and good order, conventionality and aristocratic attitude of reserve. They are usually observant, shrewd, critically inclined, judicious, patient, practical supporters of the status quo, and tend toward conservatism in all departments of life. On the surface they are emotionally cold, and sometimes this goes deeper, for their habit of suppressing their natural kindness may in the end cause it to atrophy, with the result that they shrink from committing themselves to friendship, make few relationships, and those they do make they are careful to keep superficial.

But the outward lack of feeling may, in some individuals born under this sign, conceal too much emotion, to which they are afraid of giving way because they do not trust others, nor do they have confidence in themselves and their judgments. This is because they are conscious of certain shortcomings in themselves of worldliness, of practicality, of sophistication and of outgoingness. So they bring the art of self concealment to a high pitch, hiding their apprehensiveness about themselves and their often considerable sympathy with other people under a mantle of matter-of-factness and undemonstrative, quiet reserve. They are still waters that run deep. Yet in their unassuming, outwardly cheerful and agreeable fashion, they can be sensible, discreet, well spoken, wise and witty, with a good understanding of other people's problems which they can tackle with a practicality not always evident in their own personal relationships.

Both sexes have considerable charm and dignity, which make some male Virgoans appear effeminate when they are not. In marriage they can be genuinely affectionate, making good spouses and parents, but their love making is a perfection of technique rather than the expression of desire, and they must be careful not to mate with a partner whose sex drive requires a passion they cannot match.

They are intellectually enquiring, methodical and logical, studious and teachable. They combine mental ingenuity with the ability to produce a clear analysis of the most complicated problems. They have an excellent eye for detail but they may be so meticulous that they neglect larger issues. Also, although they are realists, they may slow down projects by being too exact. They are practical with their hands, good technicians and have genuine inventive talents, Thorburnoughness, hard work and conscientiousness are their hallmarks, and they are such perfectionists that, if things go wrong, they are easily discouraged. Because of their ability to see every angle of a many-sided question, they are unhappy with abstract theorizing. Appreciating the many different points of view as they do, they find philosophical concepts difficult, and they vacillate and have no confidence in any conclusions at which they arrive.

With these qualities, they are better as subordinates than leaders. Responsibility irks them and they often lack the breadth of strategic vision that a leader needs Virgoans are essentially tacticians, admirable in the attainment of limited objectives. Their self distrust is something they project on to other people and tends to make them exacting employers, though in the demands they make on those under them they temper this attitude with justice. They have potential abilities in the arts, sciences and languages. Language especially they use correctly, clearly, consciously and formally, as grammarians and etymologists rather than for literary interests, yet they are likely to have a good memory for apt quotations. Although they are well suited for careers in machine drawing, surveying and similar occupations, they are better fitted for a job in a library or office than a workshop.

Their minds are such that they need the stimulus of practical problems to be solved rather than the mere routine or working to set specifications that need no thought. They are careful with money and their interest in statistics makes them excellent bookkeepers and accountants. They also make good editors, physicists and analytical chemists. They may also find success as welfare workers, ministering to those less fortunate than themselves. They can be doctors, nurses, psychologists, teachers, confidential secretaries, technologists, inspectors, musicians, critics, public speakers and writers especially of reference works such as dictionaries and encyclopedias. Both sexes have a deep interest in history, a feature recognized by astrological authorities for at least two hundred years. If they go in for a business career their shrewdness and analytical ingenuity could tempt them into dishonesty, though they usually have enough moral sense to resist temptation. Female Virgoans may find a career in fashion, for they have a flair for dress, in which they can be trend setters. In any profession they choose the natives of this sign readily assimilate new ideas, but always with caution, conserving what they consider worth keeping from the past. They love country life but are unlikely to make good farmers, unless they can contrive to carry out their work without outraging their sense of hygiene and cleanliness.

Their faults, as is usual with all zodiacal types, are the extremes of their virtues. Fastidious reticence and modesty become old-maidishness and persnicketiness; balanced criticism becomes carping and nagging; and concern for detail becomes overspecialization. Virgoans are liable to indecision in wider issues and this can become chronic, turning molehills of minor difficulties into Himalayas of crisis. Their prudence can become guile and their carefulness, turned in on themselves, can produce worriers and hypochondriacs.

Possible Health Concerns...

Virgo is said to govern the hands, abdomen, intestines, spleen and central nervous system. Illnesses to which its natives are prone include catarrh, cold, coughs, pleurisies, pneumonia and nervous instabilities. Their natures make them inclined to worry and this makes them vulnerable to stomach and bowel troubles, including colic and ulcers. Male Virgoans may have trouble with their sexual organs. Both sexes are strongly interested in drugs and esoteric cuisine and as their delicate stomachs require them to be careful about their diet, it is essential that they treat their fascination with exotic food with extreme care.

Lists
Hygiene
Order
Wholesomeness

DISLIKES
Hazards to health
Anything sordid
Sloppy workers
Squalor
Being uncertain

Willowsprout
Saturday, March 27th, 2004, 01:17 AM
Scorpions are passionate and determined but nice and loyal. So some book says so I am happy with it , Oddly enough my husband and I have the same birthday different year though . October 24
Im thinking about getting a tattoo with our names on the tail
see picture below

Frans_Jozef
Saturday, March 27th, 2004, 01:23 AM
Western Sign: Virgo, rising star Capricorn, Moon sign Capricron

Eastern Sign: Metal Boar

Frans_Jozef
Saturday, March 27th, 2004, 01:34 AM
as Joan of Arc and Ferenc Szalaszi ;)

Clark Ashton Smith, General Robert E. Lee, E.A.Poe, Paul Léautaud, Louis Pasteur, Herman Goering, Alfred Rosenberg, Tycho Brahe, Henry Miller, Isaac Newton, ...

Ewergrin
Saturday, March 27th, 2004, 01:45 AM
Gemini.
I'm a real life twin, also.

Taras Bulba
Saturday, March 27th, 2004, 01:46 AM
Clark Ashton Smith, General Robert E. Lee, E.A.Poe, Paul Léautaud, Louis Pasteur, Herman Goering, Alfred Rosenberg, Tycho Brahe, Henry Miller, Isaac Newton, ...

Stalin and Mao were capricorns as well. :(

Frans_Jozef
Saturday, March 27th, 2004, 01:57 AM

Ah, well, every family has its chaffs and rotten apples in their circle... :D

Nordgau
Saturday, March 27th, 2004, 02:04 AM
Libra.

My birthday is very close to Himmler's.

Jack
Saturday, March 27th, 2004, 02:04 AM
Give them a break. Everyone makes mistakes ;)

I'm Taurus.

Awar
Saturday, March 27th, 2004, 02:09 AM
Virgo here. Does anyone have an idea who/when/where the western Horoscope was invented?

Frans_Jozef
Saturday, March 27th, 2004, 02:15 AM
Give them a break. Everyone makes mistakes ;)

I'm Taurus.

I usually go good along with other earth signs, to a lesser extent with water signs(foremost Scorpio and between Virgo and Pisces, though opposites, weird as it sounds, it really can hit off)...Air and Fire signs are problematic, Aries and Capricorn is a fatal attraction that ends up in a clash, while with a Virgo the relationship can be pretty normal, but not really lasting...

Taras Bulba
Saturday, March 27th, 2004, 02:18 AM
Does anyone have an idea who/when/where the western Horoscope was invented?

http://www.ihr-buch.de/english/astrology.html

The Origins of Astrology

There is no written record of the beginnings of astrology, but it is believed to have originated in Mesopotamia, now Iraq, around the fourth millennium BC.

Whether or not the civilizations of that time influenced one another is unknown. We do know, however, that the observation of the heavens played an important role in all the highly developed civilizations of the early Stone Age and was usually entrusted to the privileged caste, usually priests.

This caste had the responsibility of using their observations of the heavens to forecast important events and decide on the most propitious time for such vital activities as sowing and harvesting. In the course of time, methods of predicting what the future held for people and nation, especially for the rulers, were developed. These predictions were probably undertaken in China and Egypt during the third millennium B.C. as well as in Mesopotamia.

The first written proof of the use of astrology dates from the seventh century B.C. and was found in the Assyrian king Ashurbanipal's (688-626 B.C.) library. It consists of a collection of clay tablets including nearly seventy on which predictions based on observation of the heavens had been written. These predictions dealt with matters affecting the entire country and it's rulers and not individuals, such as war and peace, drought and floods, plagues and famines. The source used for the predictions was the "Enuma Anu Enlil", which is generally dated at 1000 B.C. and believed based on even older documents.

The oldest personal horoscope known to us date from 409 B.C.. We also know that Mesopotamian astrology spread to Persia, India, China and Greece in the sixth century B.C. and that the Greek and Mesopotamian astrologers of the fifth century B.C. communicated closely with one another.

The modern method of dividing the zodiac into twelve equal parts of thirty degrees each dates from this period. Greek doctors of the time used astrology for diagnosis and therapy purposes and Greek philosophers developed it further. Astrology flourished during the Hellenistic period from the third century B.C. to the third century A.D. and was the basis of a uniquely comprehensive conception of the world. Astrology had lost it's elitist aura by this time and schools for the study of astrology were founded. The earliest such school that we know of was founded in 270 B.C. by the Babylonian Bal priest Berossos on the Greek island of Kos. The most famous of these schools was in Alexandria, where Ptolemy wrote one of the most important astrological works of all time, the "Tetrabiblos". The geocentric concept of the world was named after him and lasted a millennium and a half.

Eastern slaves spread astrology throughout the Roman Empire in a form closer to necromancy than to serious astrology. This took such extreme forms that astrologers were banned both from Rome and from all Italy in an edict of 139 B.C.. Astrology returned to educated Roman circles in the first century B.C. thanks to the persuasive research on the influence of the stars on climate and people undertaken by the Syrian stoic Poseidonios. With sole exception of Trajan, all the Roman emperors believed in astrology. Ptolemy took the view that the stars were influential but not determining, in contrast to Syrian and Persian astrologers at the Byzantine court after the fall of the western Roman Empire who were convinced that the stars predetermined every feature of human life. The Christian church opposed this determinism of astrology with the freedom of the will.

Islamic culture absorbed astrologers as part of the Greek heritage and developed highly complex methods of interpretation and calculation. Famous schools, the most important in Baghdad, were maintained for the training of astrologers. European astrology flourished briefly in Charlemangne's Europe only to be forgotten again.

Astrology schools returned to the scene in the 13th century Byzantine Empire and spread to Europe. In the late Middle Ages, chairs of astrology existed at universities of Paris, Padua, Bologna, Florence and Oxford, among others. Members of both the spiritual and the temporal Renaissance aristocracy were believers in astrology, including Popes. The Copernican revolution of the 16th century replaced the geocentric world view with the heliocentric. Many famous learned men took up practical astrology in the 16th and 17th century, among them Copernicus, de Braha, Galilei and Kepler. Kepler's famous horoscope cast for Wallenstein, the Catholic general of the Thirty Years War, proved amazingly accurate.

The Age of Reason rejected everything not rationally explicable and scientifically provable, including astrology. Astrology was equated with the occult, black magic and alchemy. Attempts were made, not always successfully, to make all of them laughable. This did not deter many great minds of the time, such as the famous German author Goethe, from believing there might be something in astrology. Goethe himself, for example, prefaced his own autobiography with his horoscope.

Materialistic thinking and the intellectual precision of the new sciences displaced astrology in the universities. The last university chair in the subject lasted until 1817 in Würzburg. Only in Britain did scholars continue to support astrology.

The re-birth of astrology in Holland, France and then in Germany began with the writings of Alan Leo (1860-1917). New and improved methods of interpretation and forecasting were worked out with the help of old manuscripts. Research and development in biology, genetics, astrophysics and psychology cast new light on this ancient science.

Atlancos
Saturday, March 27th, 2004, 02:22 AM
I'm a Cancer. But, I'm not much into astrology so I don't really know what cancer means (I know it's not the disease, you wisenheimers;) ).

Frans_Jozef
Saturday, March 27th, 2004, 02:26 AM
I'm a Cancer. But, I'm not much into astrology so I don't really know what cancer means (I know it's not the disease, you wisenheimers;) ).

http://www.elore.com/Astrology/Study/cancer.htm

Jean Anouilh, anarchist de droite, and my favourite playwriter was Cancer.

(..."On m'a traité de "fachiste", un mot que veut dire absolutement rien"...)

Mistress Klaus
Saturday, March 27th, 2004, 11:59 AM
Scorpions are passionate and determined but nice and loyal. So some book says so I am happy with it , Oddly enough my husband and I have the same birthday different year though . October 24
see picture below

My partner & myself are both Scorpion's too. :D

Johannes de León
Saturday, March 27th, 2004, 12:31 PM
I'm Aquarius! the best one... ;)

well, as you probably know, it is more probable that Jesus had born during the Spring than in December! :P

btw, afterall i see you used Konstantin Rodzaevsky's picture as your avatar! :D ---> http://www.forums.skadi.net/showpost.php?p=94701&postcount=17

Supernaut
Monday, March 29th, 2004, 03:11 AM
My birthday is September 9th. I have been told that is "double virgo."

And I was born in the year 1981. 9 x 9 =81.

And at 7:12 am (it says so on my birth certificate.) 7+1+2=9.

Lots of 9's! :-O :)

Esther_Helena
Monday, March 29th, 2004, 03:46 AM
since we've gone to the topic of numbers... August 8, (8-8) at 7:36am, okay so it's not 8, but it is close. :P . My bday is 8-8-1983, or 8-8-83, Three 8s and a 3. My parents were both born the same year in Feb. One on the 11th and one on the 6th. 11-6 = 5. 5 x 2(mom and dad) = 10. Then 10-2=8! Okay so maybe I'm stretching it a bit :lol As for the 7:36, I was born 6 weeks early, aka about 7 to 7 and a half months early. I don't feel like doing the math.
I do, however have 4 cousins all born on July 25. One is a "cousin by marriage" same year as me.
The other 3, I'm blood-related to. Two are twins, and one is the daughter of the youngest twin. Mom and daughter have the same bday.
Needless to say there is an abundance of leos in the family. LOL.

Demigorgona
Monday, March 29th, 2004, 05:13 AM
I'm a Taurus as is my bf...

Awar
Monday, March 29th, 2004, 05:24 AM
I'm a virgo, and most of the women in my life ( like 90% ) are pisces. There's something fishy going on, I tells ya :)

WarMaiden
Saturday, April 3rd, 2004, 03:19 AM
Virgo :D

Fraxinus Excelsior
Saturday, April 3rd, 2004, 01:27 PM
I'm also a Virgo. Hey, Supernaut, mine's on September 10 1982.
:thruponsb

kinvolk
Sunday, April 4th, 2004, 05:19 AM
Falling Rock.

Mac Seafraidh
Sunday, April 4th, 2004, 06:04 AM
Toro

Frans_Jozef
Sunday, April 4th, 2004, 11:35 AM
Toro

Toro seduto? ;)

Abby Normal
Sunday, April 4th, 2004, 12:39 PM
Aries

rusalka
Sunday, April 4th, 2004, 05:14 PM
see picture below
Whoa! Here's another Scorpio who, even more oddly, was born on October 24th. So now we're like birthday sisters or something, eh Willow? :)

Nice and loyal, yep that's me, as long as they deserve it. ;)

Mistress Klaus
Sunday, April 4th, 2004, 05:29 PM
Whoa! Here's another Scorpio who, even more oddly, was born on October 24th. So now we're like birthday sisters or something, eh Willow? :)

Nice and loyal, yep that's me, as long as they deserve it. ;)

SCORPIO'S ARE WINNING! :) .......'Scorpio's will be your best friend...loyal, trustful...they will listen to your every complaint, & try their best to please you.......but betray them & their venom will forever infiltrate your soul.. ;)

Scorpion proud!. :) HEIL!!!!

Milesian
Sunday, April 4th, 2004, 05:30 PM
Sagittarius - half-man, half-horse ;)

bocian
Sunday, April 4th, 2004, 05:35 PM
Aries...today actually happens to be my birthday. :)

It is also the day Martin Luther King was killed.

Milesian
Sunday, April 4th, 2004, 05:39 PM
Aries...today actually happens to be my birthday. :)

It is also the day Martin Luther King was killed.

Two good reasons to celebrate :D

bocian
Sunday, April 4th, 2004, 05:43 PM
Two good reasons to celebrate :D

:prost

White_Eagle
Friday, April 23rd, 2004, 02:55 PM
Pisces. Although I really do not pay any attention to horoscopes at all.

Agrippa
Friday, April 23rd, 2004, 04:01 PM
Aquarius.

Vestmannr
Friday, April 23rd, 2004, 10:05 PM
I'm Leo as well, as if it isnt obvious (proud to share that sign with a fellow Southerner, and a Lady :)

I tend to be scientific minded, and think 'horoscopes' are a travesty. But a full star chart (not just sun and moon sign) on a person's birthdate seems to uncannily provide as much or more insight on a person's personality than any psychological tests I've taken/given.

Gefjon
Wednesday, November 7th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Alrighty, so let's talk about zodiac signs. What's yours and how much does the description fit you? Click below to read about zodiac signs and put in bold what's true about you:

http://www.astrology-insight.com/

I'm a Capricorn. :D

Capricorn Positive Traits
Practical and prudent
Ambitious and disciplined
Patient and careful
Humorous and reserved

Capricorn Negative Traits
Pessimistic and fatalistic
Miserly and grudging

Capricorn Personality Profile
The practical and prudent Capricorn sun sign will be the first to tell you if your new idea just does not make common sense. They are great refiners, taking people creative ideas and fine tuning them, adding direction and practical application.

These people are very ambitious and disciplined. They will climb the corporate ladder steadily, and with honor. You can count on them to get the job done and to go well above and beyond the call of duty.

The show extreme patience when dealing with short tempered people, they can listen to a long winded rant and still stay cool and calm.

They have a very good personality, and have a great sense of humor. Capricorn's humor is more a sarcastic, and dead pan type humor, but works very well because they have what it takes to pull it off.

mischak
Wednesday, November 7th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Mine is Cancer. I don't really believe in the astrology stuff, but I find it funny Cancer's description fits me so perfectly :p

Cancer Positive Traits
Loving and Emotional
Shrewd and cautious
Sensitive and nurturing
Intuitive as well as imaginative
Sympathetic and Protective

Cancer Negative Traits
Indecisive and moody
Over-emotional and sensitive
Clinging and possessive

Extremely intuitive and imaginative, these people make great artists and designers. You will find them where ever there is a need for creativity and flare. Never underestimate the scope of their imagination either.

Freedom loving, courageous and pioneering. Loves adventure, is self assertive and has as abundance of energy. Can be enterprising and will work from sun up to sun down, the Cancerian will run not walk.

This stuff isn't so true, I'm like the opposite of imaginative and my whole life my mom was telling me to be more assertive :rolleyes:

Soten
Wednesday, November 7th, 2007, 02:43 PM
I'm a Scorpio.

Scorpio Positive Traits
Determined and forceful
Emotional and intuitive
Powerful and passionate
Exciting and magnetic

Scorpio Negative Traits
Jealous and resentful
Compulsive and obsessive
Secretive and obstinate

Scorpio defines me pretty well actually, but I don't believe in it;)

Allenson
Thursday, November 8th, 2007, 02:17 AM
Aries.

http://www.astrology-insight.com/aries.htm

Next World
Thursday, November 8th, 2007, 02:39 AM
If I look at astrology, I prefer to look at the astrology specific to my date and time of birth rather than the more broad generalizations.

My larger signs are as such:
Sun--Gemini
Moon--Aries
Ascendant--Scorpio
Mercury--Gemini
Venus--Taurus
Mars--Aries
Jupiter--Cancer
Saturn--Capricorn

Growing up, people thought I was very stereotypical for someone born with the sun in Gemini. I'm however, more stereotypical for someone born with the sun in Gemini and moon in aries, and even more so for someone with the sun in Gemini, moon in Aries, and Ascendant in Scorpio. Of course, what they say is still a series of generalizations, but narrowing it down seems to make it fit better, which makes sense.

If anybody is curious to know their Natal Chart, you can get one free here:
http://www.0800-horoscope.com/birthchart.php

Sun in Gemini

She is an opportunist. She can express herself easily and learns quickly. She is welcoming and gentle. She likes travel and intellectual work.

Weaknesses: a changeable and diffuse nature. Wastes energy by doing too many things. She lacks persistence in achieving set goals.

Moon in Aries

She is autonomous, emancipated, courageous. Self-assured, with energetic activities. She is ambitious and enthusiastic.

Weaknesses: impulsiveness, domination, aggressiveness, great impetuousness. Constant changing of job.

Ascendant in Scorpio

Emotional life certainly very changeable. Lovers will come and go, and then come back again. Sexuality is very important for her, for her stability.

Not so much on the Ascendant, anymore. There's more to it than that which I find more fitting, but I think I missed that part of the degree of the Ascendant.

The Lawspeaker
Thursday, November 8th, 2007, 02:43 AM
I am a Leo

Leo Positive Traits

Generous and warmhearted
Creative and enthusiastic
Broad-minded and expansive
Faithful and loving

Leo Negative Traits

Pompous and patronizing
Bossy and interfering
Dogmatic and intolerant

Leo Personality Profile

Leo is a generous soul, the kind of person that would give you the shirt off of their back. Always has a smile, this warmhearted individual will be the first to boast your spirits when you are feeling down.

Very charming with a flamboyant personality which tends to draw in those around them. They tend to be diligent and hardworking. Their desire to play hard as will as great emphasis placed on the pleasures of life qualifies them as excellent companions.

Some negatives:
Being flamboyant and exuberant, Leos may tend to withdraw when their position of power is challenged. They can be highly opinionated therefore appear overly pompous.

Some of the most creative people out there are Leo.

The approach art and music with a raw unbridled enthusiasm that is unmatched by their peers. You will find many famous Leo people out there, simply because of their level of creativity.

The Leo personality is one of charm with an endearing spirit which is flamboyant and generous in nature.

The sun sign Leo demonstrates the gratification of what sacrifice and hard work brings. Leos tend to be very strong organizers capable of real leadership qualities, when they are the “Boss”. Thing’s can become sensitive when a Leo is challenged by someone who is considered a lesser mortal. Probably the most dominant trait is that of immense pride which has a tendency on occasion to be construed as being snobbish or pompous. Leos many times feel they are the appointed leaders and as a result are very opinionated and appear overbearing.

Broad minded, Leo will be willing to experiment and try new things. This can be a tad bit dangerous for them as they tend to take risks sometimes. A Leo person will be open to all kinds of suggestions and gets bored rather easily.

Always true to their love, you will seldom find a Leo cheating on their mate. Leo loves strongly, and will defend the honor of those that they love.

Leo Health Concerns

Being energetic and positive, Leos tend to enhance the lives of those around them to the point of ignoring their own health needs.

Many Leos go into their mid life with what appears to be endless energy, they at some point will have to come to grips with the fact that they too are not immortal. Their desire for rich foods and fine wines that seem irresistible can lead to their ultimate demise.

Leo has power over the back and heart and these two areas are extremely vulnerable to excessive behaviors. Obviously a good diet in moderation and a followed exercise program are true remedies for a growing waistline which Leos may tend to ignore. Leos, being high energy, need to allow for a recharging of the batteries. An unhappy Leo may become depressed and as a result overeat causing that dreaded stomach bulge as well as back pain. Take time to exercise and follow a nutritional diet plan.

Leos Thrive On Being The Center Of Attention

Although Leos may appear to be tremendously self assured, bubbling with confidence and enjoying being the one who stands out in the crowd, inside they may very well be somewhat sensitive but will almost never admit to it. When those surrounding a Leo are ardent supporters, Leos can prove to be great leaders.

Leos Are Generous And Caring

Leos tend to truly revel in romantic relationships and love affairs. They tend to be extremely passionate and look for ways to show more affection and ways of spoiling the objects of their affection.

Here are some interesting Leo facts:

* Planetary ruler is the sun
* Golden yellow is the primary color
* Ruby is the birthstone
* Lucky day is Sunday
* Lucky numbers are 5 and 9
* Best location for success is outside

Almost... almost

My negative treats are true... all of them :o
My health issues are not just my back or waistline ( yes, a problem) but also my head (migraine) and my throat.

SineNomine
Thursday, November 8th, 2007, 02:53 AM
Virgo Positive Traits

Modest and shy
Meticulous and reliable
Practical and diligent
Intelligent and analytical

Virgo Negative Traits

Fussy and a worrier
Overcritical and harsh
Perfectionist and conservative

Agreed, but what is positive about being 'modest' and negative about being 'perfectionist' or 'conservative'?

The following is more or less true:

Virgo Personality Profile

Sometimes modest, and quite often shy, Virgo can be one of the most difficult mates to "land". It is not that they are playing hard to get, it's not that they are not interested, it's the shyness. Oddly, the more they like you, they more shy they behave around you! You won't find the modest virgo "flashing" anyone in the near future.

Has a very keen and sharp intellect. They are methodical and extremely precise. Slow t make moves, as they analyse their knowledge, as to apply it usefully. They are practical and imaginative and develop skills that enable them to improve their being.

Some Negatives:
Can be obsessed with the idea of ‘order’. Can do and will do anything to achieve this. Known to be nagging and fault finding. Most have shy tendencies, are very introverted and self conscious. Having hypochondriac illusions.

Very reliable and punctual, those born under the virgo sun sign will be easy to count on. They will help you out in a pinch and do things for you that go above and beyond the call of duty. You will find that many war heroes are Virgo since this astrological sign is really big on courage.

Extremely practical and diligent, this person can be counted on to not over indulge or get addicted to things too readily. Extremely intelligent, many scientists and mathematicians are Virgo.
An Interesting Sun Sign

The Virgo likes to analyze things and are not comfortable until they figure out all angles of the problem they currently are focused on. Virgo will make great stock brokers, financial advisor or any things else that requires deep thought.

This sign is the symbol of chastity, the sign of the virgin which shows decency and a simplicity of style. The virgoan possesses a well balanced mind and have superior intellectual abilities. They are considered by friends and family to be courteous, diplomatic, cool and rather reserved. They are real thinkers; having a quick and keen perception. Virgoans’ are renown for their constructive ideas and sound advice, with an active intuitive power that gives them a deep understanding of human nature and motives by others.

Those of this sign are critical of home and appearance and seem overly practical in anything that they do. They are loyal as partners and friends and are caring to the ones that they love. Much of their pleasure is derived from social activity, although some may mistake the virgoans reserve for a lack of concern or interest.

Virgoans will often develop skills which help them to improve themselves and their immediate surroundings. Tangible achievements are important to them and they place great pride in them.

Typically labeled as being perfectionists, they are more concerned with having a firm grip on their environment. They will however, immerse themselves in the smallest of details to enrich their understanding of how something works.
Virgo Health Concerns

This constellation is governed by the bowels of humanity; which is of significance as the intestines comprise a vital section of the digestive organism. The intestines and abdomen are often problems associated with the Virgoan.

Virgoans’ with their passion for attention to detail has given them a reputation for hypochondria. Body and mind are as one to them. And if anything upsets their orderly process both may be affected.

Bowel diseases, indigestion, colic and intestinal infection may be caused to undue stress and anxiety. Insomnia may also be an issue as Virgoan’s find it difficult to switch off their nervous tension.

Relaxation, meditation, regular stretching, massage and deep breathing should help ease tension. Also, taking preventive measures such as sticking to healthy diet and relaxing will be of great benefit.

Virgoans Can Be Obsessive

This sign often finds the Virgoan to be critical of most things, appearance is especially important to them. Disorder is completely foreign to their nature and irritates their senses. When all is in sync, the Virgoan is allowed to finally slip into their natural space of body and mind indulgence.

Virgoans Are Often Diplomatic

Tactful and adroit, the Virgoan, has a way of dealing with others. They are great conversationalists and appear to be cool and reserved. Their natural bearing and outward behavior command respect and admiration from others.

My positive traits are certainly true, and most of the negative ones. I am somewhat of an insomniac. :)

Galloglaich
Thursday, November 8th, 2007, 02:54 AM
Aquarius:

Aquarius Positive Traits

Friendly and humanitarian
Lively, Honest and loyal
Original and inventive
Independent and intellectual
Like to be different

Aquarius Negative Traits

Intractable and contrary
Perverse and unpredictable
Unemotional and detached
Chaotic and rebellious

I'd agree with all these as far as my own character is concerned.

I'd also have to say that the terms "unemotional and detached" are somewhat of a misperception. I'd say a certain type of stoicism is more accurate in my case. I care deeply about many things, I just don't show particular excitement externally. I also have an uncanny ability to evaluate an issue from a variety of perspectives that are equally valid to me in a paradoxical way. Thus, I am somewhat less inclined to shout my opinion the loudest. I do have to admit that if you don't agree with me, then I don't really care. I guess that's "detachment" (I guess it also appeals to my sense of being "different"). I am pretty chaotic (from an outsider's perspective)-often to the frustration of my very catalogued, correlated, and organized wife (she is soooo "German" in that regard - I love her for it). On the whole, I don't really regard the stated traits as being "negative", either. They're just an alternative to someone else's perception of "ideal".

Beornulf
Thursday, November 8th, 2007, 03:49 AM
Aquarius Positive Traits
Lively, Honest and loyal
Original and inventive
Like to be different

I'm hardly lively, but I am honest and loyal.

Aquarius Negative Traits
Intractable and contrary
Unemotional and detached
Chaotic and rebellious

sophia
Thursday, November 8th, 2007, 12:27 PM
My sun sign is Taurus. My moon sign Leo and I have Aquarius rising.

This means I am stubborn, like comfort, have an underlying vein of arrogance and am into weird mystical stuff. :p

Brynhild
Thursday, November 8th, 2007, 01:20 PM
My sun sign is Taurus. My moon sign Leo and I have Aquarius rising.

This means I am stubborn, like comfort, have an underlying vein of arrogance and am into weird mystical stuff. :p

You were also born in the early hours of the morning, or very late at night. Your Sun is in either the 3rd or 4th house and perhaps hovering around the IC line, depending on the cusp and planetary degrees, your moon is also in either the 6th or 7th house. Sun and Moon could also be in a square aspect, or first quarter phase. Given that your personal planets are below the horizon (asc/dsc line), you could be a rather subjective person who would prefer the close company of just a few. Personal relationships would also be very important, given the placement of the Moon, but I'm not looking at your chart so much as eyeballing :)

I've become rather sceptical since I've been studying Astrology for some years now, but here is what I know about myself.

Sun in Aries
Moon in Aquarius
Gemini rising
Mercury in Taurus
Venus in Gemini conjunct Asc or rising sign
Mars and Jupiter in Aries - I have a strong stellium with Mars dignified and the Sun exalted
Saturn and Chiron in Pisces
Uranus in Virgo - generational placement
Neptune in Scorpio - another generational placement
Pluto in Virgo - even more so

Now for the aspects
Moon square Mercury
Moon trine Venus
Moon sextile Mars
Moon inconjunct Uranus - there is what is called a Yod with Moon, mars and Uranus
Sun inconjunct Neptune
Mercury conjunct Jupiter
Mercury trine Uranus
Venus square both Saturn and Uranus opposition - forming a T
Venus sextile Mars
Mars sextile asc
Jupiter trine Uranus
Chiron conjunct Midheaven and trine Neptune
Uranus conjunct Pluto - a conjunction that won't take place again for a couple of hundred years, due to how both these planets move more slowly.

You'll have to pardon my pedantic :D nature when it comes to this subject, but it has taken me years to reach this point, I know a lot more but I would be talking in jargon :p

Having said that, there's still heaps more to learn!

Huzar
Thursday, November 8th, 2007, 01:38 PM
GEMINI

Gemini Positive Traits :

Very versatile and can adapt to anything (no)
Talkative and quick-witted (sometimes)
Smart and polite (yes ;))
Energetic (yes)

Gemini Negative Traits :

Prone to nervousness and tense (yes)
inconsistent &Superficial (no)
Inquisitive & Cunning (Yes)

Story :

Gemini represents the third sign of the zodiac. According to Greek Mythology the twins Castor and Pollux, were born of the marriage between Leda and Zeus. It is said that Pollux grieved mercilessly for his dead brother Castor, who was killed during a fight. Pollux grieved with such intensity that Zeus restored his brother Castor back to life. As their payment to Zeus, they were to live alternate days in Olympus and Hades.

* Ruling planet is Mercury
* Primary color is yellow (bleah !:D)
* Birthstones is emerald and Agate (i like emerald)
* Lucky day is Wednesday (hmmm......no !)
* Lucky numbers are 3 and 4
* Lucky colors are silver and gray (yes)
* Best location for success are in high places, well above sea level (ok)

Blood_Axis
Thursday, November 8th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Virgo Positive Traits

Modest and shy
Meticulous and reliable
Practical and diligent

Virgo Negative Traits

Fussy and a worrier
Overcritical and harsh
Perfectionist and conservative

ChaosLord
Thursday, November 8th, 2007, 11:27 PM
Aquarius traits, both good and bad:

Aquarius Positive Traits
Lively, Honest and loyal
Original and inventive
Like to be different

Aquarius Negative Traits
Intractable and contrary
Unemotional and detached
Chaotic and rebellious

The Aquarian pretty much dominates alot of my star charts.

Taras Bulba
Friday, November 9th, 2007, 01:11 AM
Capricorn.....;)

SwordOfTheVistula
Friday, November 9th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Taurus

I think that Zodiac descriptions are basic elements of human nature, thus any person who looks at them will tend to agree with them and see themselves in it.

Brynhild
Wednesday, January 23rd, 2008, 04:35 AM
If anyone is interested in any interpretations on their birth chart, I would be happy with the practise, as I manually calculate each one. I also intend to sit for the rest of my exams and acquire a diploma. :D

Alice
Tuesday, February 12th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Pisces

Pisces Positive Traits:

Imaginative and sensitive
Compassionate and kind
Selfless and unworldly
Intuitive and sympathetic

Pisces Negative Traits:

Escapist and idealistic
Secretive and vague
Weak-willed and easily led

VilhelMina
Thursday, February 14th, 2008, 09:41 AM
I am not even going to read the link Angel. I know................

I am a Leo. 100% August baby.

Everything they say about Leo's........it's all moi.

Dunno if that is a good or bad thing. :D

Brynhild
Thursday, February 14th, 2008, 10:10 AM
I am not even going to read the link Angel. I know................

I am a Leo. 100% August baby.

Everything they say about Leo's........it's all moi.

Dunno if that is a good or bad thing. :D

If only Astrology were that simple ...

Lyfing
Friday, February 15th, 2008, 12:11 AM
Gemini sun, Leo rising, moon Scorpio ..and that is pretty much me..

:)

Later
-Lyfing

VilhelMina
Friday, February 15th, 2008, 01:51 AM
If only Astrology were that simple ...

Yeah I know it is not an easy study. But seriously, I am a total Leo. :)

Brynhild
Friday, February 15th, 2008, 02:17 AM
Yeah I know it is not an easy study. But seriously, I am a total Leo. :)

Ok, I'll bite LOL I'm curious by your conclusion on this, as this narrows you down to a particular type of personality.

I'm a very strong Aries personality, but I don't have a total glut of planets there, my personality is more balanced than that.

Mrs. Lyfing
Friday, February 15th, 2008, 03:14 AM
I am Sagittarius...;)

Lyfing
Friday, February 15th, 2008, 04:55 AM
And to elaborate..

..here is another typical post from me..

I have found astrology interesting from the beginning..

In a letter written to written to Hindu astrologer, B.V. Raman, September 6th 1947 - Dr. Jung wrote:

"Since you want to know my opinion about astrology I can tell you that I've been interested in this particular activity of the human mind since more than 30 years. As I am a psychologist, I am chiefly interested in the particular light the horoscope sheds on certain complications in the character. In cases of difficult psychological diagnosis I usually get a horoscope in order to have a further point of view from an entirely different angle. I must say that I very often found that the astrological data elucidated certain points which I otherwise would have been unable to understand. From such experiences I formed the opinion that astrology is of particular interest to the psychologist, since it contains a sort of psychological experience which we call 'projected' - this means that we find the psychological facts as it were in the constellations."

http://thezodiac.com/astrojung2.htm

Jung said Individuate..

The individuation process is a term created by the famous psychologist Carl Gustav Jung to describe the process of becoming aware of oneself, of one’s make-up, and the way to discover one’s true, inner self. Although the structure is basic and simple, the contents require a much deeper understanding.

For as long as mankind has existed, there were always people who asked themselves that most intriguing question: "Who am I". There is no simple answer, but Jung’s individuation process provides us with some clear guidelines.

Individuation means that one becomes a person, an individual, a totally integrated personality. It is a process of self realization during which one integrates those contents of the psyche that have the ability to become conscious. It is a search for totality. It is an experience that could be formulated as the discovery of the divine in yourself, or the discovery of the totality of your Self.

http://www.soul-guidance.com/houseofthesun/individuationprocess.htm

Chech this one out about Nietzsche..

Nietzsche, for example, offers an extensive discussion of the tension between impartial, chaotic fluidity and individuated subjectivity in The Birth of Tragedy, these dichotomous qualities embodied by the Dionysian and Apollonian respectively. Nietzsche claims that the perpetual, unresolvable tension between these two opposing aspects of nature fosters the conditions necessary for the creation of tragic art.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Individuation

But anyway..

According to www.astro.com ..

I'm like this..

Sun in Gemini, Moon in Scorpio

You were born with the Sun in Gemini and the Moon in Scorpio. This astrological combination gives you a multifaceted, complex personality.

Your individuality, which is under the influence of the Sun in Gemini, strengthens your intellect and inclines you to mental activities. You are tremendously ambitious, and you desire nothing more than to gain a foothold in the world of either politics or education.

Your mind is changeable and versatile, but this is not derogatory. You often withdraw into your thoughts and indulge in conceptual fantasies. You are seldom serious or ritualistic.

Your inner life is vastly different from your role in society, which comes under the influence of the Moon in Scorpio. Your personality is very firm and determined in daily activities. You are self-assured and well able to stand alone to fight your own battles. You are abrupt and direct, often too abrupt for your own good. You are capable of sustained attention and hard work, if you set your mind to it. You appear resistant to change, especially if you suspect that ideas are being forced on you. You become irritable and angry too easily and view most things with a skeptical, somewhat jaundiced eye.

Sex is very important in your life. Sexual instincts become so powerful, even against your will and intentions at the time, that you are wholly disturbed until the strong physical craving is satisfied. You seek the strong pleasures of life. As you can well see, your basically intellectual inner nature is not in harmony with your personality.

You can gain more control over your outward actions by following your inner voice more frequently.

Ascendant in Leo, Sun in the Eleventh House

At the time of your birth the zodiacal sign of Leo was ascending in the horizon. Its ruler the Sun is located in the eleventh house.

People with Leo in the Ascendant seem to possess a flair for the life of nobility and regality. Your life will be in many ways influenced by decisions you make that have been motivated by your pride, desire for power, for authority, and your need to convince others of your courage.

In life you will act with a rather frank, generous, and amiable disposition. The course of events in your life will unfold themselves swiftly, and a life full of chance and circumstances will be the outcome of your desire to rule, to organize, to hold the keys of authority. You should be aware that as a result of overly strong impulses there is the danger of failures and upsets in life. You will be generally regarded as an amiable, sincere and generous person who, however, has much pride and sensitivity. Egocentricity is one of the prices of being born with the Ascendant sign of Leo. Another aspect of this zodiacal sign is that your personality becomes excessively charged with passion and sexual desire. On the other hand, these zodiacal signs grant in life a large dose of vitality as well as a fine physical shape and a strong, healthy constitution.

Willpower is a characteristic of your personality. You seek opportunities and when you find them you go to it, using both your mind and your emotions to strive for success with zeal and determination. You are very self-assured and you implement ideas with a self- assurance that lets nothing get in your way of success.

It would be beneficial to you, however, if you were not so candid and frank and if you did not expect others to act and feel as you do.

Leo will grant you very sincere and affectionate relationships in which you desire to bring happiness and an overall feeling of charitable spirit and warmth to your loved one. In your sexual relationships you appear as happy, strong, playful and even a little innocent.

You will always act better as a leader than a subordinate.

This position denotes that friendships will have a direct bearing on all your important events. The position is rather favorable. You should obtain the sympathy and approval of superiors and persons of authority, or any of those who in some degree are more powerful than you are in your professional circle. Whatever profession you may be engaged in, you will rise due to your own inborn traits. You are very sociable, ambitious respectful, and attracted to conventional fashions and customs.

I will say that the above sounds like me. Anyone that knows me will say the same. It is amazing. I cannot simply dismiss it. Maybe it's just a cauldron of archetypes that can be stirred in everyone's mind ?

Later,
-Lyfing

Lyfing
Saturday, February 16th, 2008, 05:43 PM
And in regards my wife..

According to www.astro.com ..

She is like this..

Sun in Sagittarius, Moon in Pisces

Your astrological combination confers upon you the gifts of gentleness and imagination. Your nature is dreamy and impractical, and you are often in a state of anxiety, warding off the demons of your own imagination. During your restful moments, your prophetic nature can express itself through your personality. You have strong religious tendencies and philanthropic, sympathetic inclinations. In love your feelings are deep and active. Your sympathy and mildness help assure harmony in family life. The key to a more integrated self lies in playing up the cheerful elements of your personality. With more self- confidence, your ever-present anxiety should lessen noticeably.

Ascendant in Virgo, Mercury in the Third House

At the time of your birth the zodiacal sign of Virgo was ascending in the horizon. Its ruler Mercury is located in the third house.

This indicates that throughout your life you will assume a reserved, quiet, analytical, critical, and receptive attitude.

Although you are not an individual with a very strong ambition, you possess the ability to persevere and exert ingenuity.

Some selfishness is noted. However, if you are able to counteract this trait with your natural helpful and sympathetic attitude and address your positive qualities to resolve the problems of others then you will accomplish your highest spiritual duties and your degree of consciousness and perception will be expanded.

You are not afraid to work but you like to do things where you can use intellectual resources rather than mechanical ones. There is some independence here but don't try to be forceful about it because Virgo's natural habitat is one in which the person is led by some powerful authority and where the important decisions are best made by others.

You are very attentive to detail and this makes you a good worker, especially so in those jobs that require a great deal of precision and observation. You have a desire for purity and though you don't mind relating to others there is something that you do dislike: continuous intrusion of your privacy. Business and practicality should be very important in your life. Although we are not advising you to turn against your natural traits, which make you slightly reserved, we would suggest that when in love you let yourself relax and respond so as to be able to return some of the affection you are receiving.

Life will find you in many situations in which you will function as advisor and counsellor; make use of these opportunities to project the power of your creativeness.

Your life will be geared to the acquisition of practical knowledge; you love to learn, you are studious, alert and active from an intellectual standpoint. Your eagerness to investigate and to do research makes you an excellent candidate for scientific pursuits.

You're basically an intellectual person with a great penetrating power and an exacting need for precise detail. Your weaknesses are tendencies to worry and be preoccupied to excess.

:)

Later,
-Lyfing

indecision
Saturday, March 8th, 2008, 04:49 AM
Taurus Positive Traits

Reliable with lots of patience
Extremely kind and loving
Strong determination
Very security minded

Taurus Negative Traits

Prone to jealousy
Can be Resentful and Rigid
Greed and self indulgence issues

Gorm the Old
Saturday, March 8th, 2008, 05:31 AM
I am a Leo, born on August 10, and the Leo traits fit me like a custom-made leotard. I have a good friend, also ostensibly a Leo , born on August 18. who is the antithesis of the Leo traits, his sign ought, were there such a thing, to be the sheep.

The explanation, IMNSHO, is that one of the fundamental assumptions of astrology is false. The time and place of BIRTH are utterly irrelevant. Any influence upon the neonate which could operate at the instant of birth could as well operate in utero. Genetically, the die was cast long before birth, namely, at conception.

It is in the genetic card-shuffle of conception that the "nature" part of nature vs nurture was established. Much of a person's destiny was established as the genes were linking up to form the DNA of the new individual. Electric, magnetic, and gravitational fields, cosmic radiation, and other factors can influence the structure of the newly-forming DNA. This is when significant mutations are most likely to occur.

It is likely that all of these factors vary cyclically and that the cycles are of varying length. It is what was going on in the universe at the time of conception which is relevant, not what happened at the time of birth, except for gross congenital damage.

Apparently, similar, but not identical, conditions recur at about the same times annually. This is the only reason that Astrology works at all, because, conception usually occurs about 9 months before birth.

This suggests, of course, that the horoscopes and the astrologically predicted traits of prematurely born infants should be wildly wrong and closer to those for an infant born nine months after the "preemie's" estimated date of conception.

This is something which can and should be studied . However, even if the period of gestation be normal, it is quite possible that the conditions which existed in, say, December, 1929, may not match exactly those in December, 1942, so that men born in August, 1930 and August, 1943 might have been conceived under very different conditions.

Ajaxhan
Sunday, February 1st, 2009, 11:00 AM
I thought it would be fun to see what eveyone's sun signs are, and also to see what people here think of astrology: Do you believe there is a grain of truth in it? Do you think it's fun but don't believe it has any value beyond being entertaining? Or, is it so ridiculous that you can't tolerate the mention of it?

I personally am amused by it; and although I don't pay much mind to daily horoscopes, I would recommend to anyone who enjoys such things to get a copy of their birth chart. You need to know the exact time of day and place that you were born in order to make one, but if you can scrounge up those details, you can get a much more elaborate description that incorporates major signs besides just your sun sign like the moon and ascendant signs. Here's a site that will generate a free chart for anyone who is interested:

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?rs=3&btyp=w2gw&lang=e&cid=

For anyone who does not already know their sun sign, here's a list of all twelve of them and their respectful dates.

Aries (Mar 21- Apr 19)
Taurus (Apr 20- May 20)
Gemini (May 21- June 20)
Cancer (June 21- July 22)
Leo (July 23- Aug 22)
Virgo (Aug 23- Sep 22)
Libra (Sep 23- Oct 22)
Scorpio (Oct 23- Nov 21)
Sagittarius (Nov 22- Dec 21)
Capricorn (Dec 22- Jan 19)
Aquarius (Jan 20- Feb 18)
Pisces (Feb 19- Mar 20)

I'm an Aquarius, and although I haven't invested any belief into Astrology, I definitely find it entertaining. I have to admit though, a lot of my natal chart fits me pretty well. :D

(After starting this thread, I can see that a poll like this one has been made before. It looks like it's been dead for nearly five years though, so I'm hoping this can remain open.)

BeornWulfWer
Sunday, February 1st, 2009, 01:20 PM

I'm a typical Piscean.

Thusnelda
Sunday, February 1st, 2009, 02:36 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/wildfacts/factfiles/picpops/images/lion22.jpg

"I are Leo. I are big cat!" :D

Kriemhild
Sunday, February 1st, 2009, 02:37 PM
Virgo here, and the associated traits fit me well. Perfectionistic, methodical, and orderly to the point of OCD. :D

Hrodnand
Sunday, February 1st, 2009, 03:20 PM
Scorpio
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/archive/9/93/20050318144210!Black_scorpion.jpg

Associated traits:

* Intense

* Powerful, tough

* Determined, tenacious and persevering. Ambitious.

* Willful

* Highly emotional and sensitive

* Appearing cool and calm, but seething underneath

* Imaginative and intuitive

* Secretive

* Deep, profound

* Tending to be revengeful (if hurt) , unforgiving, can become the most loyal friend or the most treacherous enemy

* Proud

* Loyal and devotional

* Extreme and all-out fanatically focused

* Passionate

* Mysterious, magnetically attractive and exciting

* Deeply resentful, brooding and potentially destructive

* Strong critical perception and analytical ability

* Controlling / Manipulative

* Serious but quite charming to people they like, and when social events call for it

* Reserved and withdrawn

* Dignified

99% of these traits fit me quite well.

Gorm the Old
Sunday, February 1st, 2009, 05:58 PM
I am a Leo (August 10, 1930, the Year of the Horse) I have most of the Leo personality traits very strongly developed. On the other hand, I have never found any of my horoscopes to bear any resemblance to the actual events in the periods of time they cover.
I have long been convinced that the time of birth is irrelevant. The critical time in reproduction is not birth but conception. It is hard to conceive of any influences which could act upon the neonate but not upon the fetus in utero.
And what influences could act upon either ? The gravitational and magnetic fields of the Moon and planets and any radiation emitted by, e.g. Jupiter are virtually undetectable upon Earth. Cosmic radiation is influenced by the solar and terrestrial magnetic fields which vary, probably cyclically. This, and the fields themselves could exert subtle influences, but when and upon what ?
The time when significant effects might arise from radiation and magnetic fields is the time of conception. It is then, during the genetic "card shuffle", events taking place at the molecular level, that determine the genetic makeup of the human body to come. This delicate molecular process could be influenced by magnetic fields and radiation.
What, then, have the planets to do with it ? Only this: they serve as time markers,
indicating precisely where in the magnetic and cosmic ray cycles the critical linkages between amino acid molecules were established, i.e. precisely what the intensity and directions of the magnetic field vectors were and the intensity and kind of cosmic radiation present.
Conception is the critical time when the genetic makeup of every cell in the resulting human body is determined . The only way in which birth effects the body is by possible congenital injury or disease, and to these, the time of birth is irrelevant.
Of course, the magnetic fields and the cosmic ray flux vary not only with time, but also from place to place upon the Earth. Hence, the place of conception may well be as significant as the time. Modern astrology does take account of the place of birth, but, by then, the physiological development of the infant has long since been determined.
It would appear that for astrology to work at all, it would have to be because the period of gestation is fairly uniform and many infants are born not far from where they were conceived. Many, but surely not all. I know of no studies of whether prematurely born infants show as adults traits inappropriate to their astrological sign.
The time and place of birth are easily established. The time and place of conception are usually much harder to determine. Doubtless, this is why astrology has relied on birth data rather than those of conception.

Deary
Sunday, February 1st, 2009, 06:42 PM
I used to be quite obsessed with astrology and had my chart read a number of times. I find much of it to be uncannily accurate. I am a Cancer and find most everything defining Cancer to be true about myself. Below are some key Cancerian traits:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_UFCYpICy06o/R_helOxs-sI/AAAAAAAAABA/JGVBkljEKTI/s320/250px-Cancer_Crab_Grand_Central_by_David_Shank bone.jpg

Cancer is all about home. Those born under this sign are 'roots' kinds of people and take great pleasure in the comforts of home and family. They are maternal, domestic and love to nurture others. More than likely, their family will be large, too. Cancers will certainly be merry if their home life is serene and harmonious. Traditions are upheld with great zest in a Cancer's household, since these folks prize family history and love communal activities.

Cancerians are old-fashioned. They have a tendency to live in the past and hold past events close to them. Cancers can be quite intrigued by objects a with history attached to them — antiques, photos, souvenirs, and the like.

Cancers are usually conservative. They also tend to be patriotic, waving the flag whenever possible.

Cancers have a deep need to be secure and safe in most everything they do. Trust is very important to them and they are very aware of their environment and surroundings. Sun in Cancer natives have a strong survival instinct. They are protective of those they care about, and of themselves too. Most Cancers form shells around themselves and react by retreating into their shell and shutting others out when they are hurt or feel uncomfortable. They love to nurture themselves with food.

Cancerians are highly emotional. Because of their sensitivity, they are extremely intuitive and compassionate. They can also be touchy, clingy and possessive, but once given the support and attention they need, they will offer you their undying loyalty and love.

Sigurd
Sunday, February 1st, 2009, 06:45 PM
I'm a very typical libra. Traits usually associated with Libra:

Diplomatic / compromising, however possibly manipulative - That definitely IS me 100%. I place much importance on diplomacy and mediation yet some sometimes conceive it to not be entirely selfless. I also oft suggest a compromise. :P

Cooperative - For a Bajuvarian yes, for the rest of the world No. :D

Fair / balanced / impartial - I am, even though some seem to think otherwise. I ALWAYS have to act as a mediator with my friends. :P

Idealistic (in relationships) - Yes, I believe in the good in my fellow man as well as women. A little naive when it comes to people's motives. ;)

Charming - I may lack many qualities, but I definitely have a fair deal of charisma.

Sociable and easy-going, love having people around them.- That's me. :)

Indecisive / changeable --- Oh, I'm afraid that's also me. Put me in a bakery or a pub and I'll change my mind as I go along in ordering. I'm even having trouble to decide which toilet paper I should buy. :P

Peace loving - "Can't we just all get along?" ... Yes that line sounds familiar when looking into the mirror.

Elegant / graceful - Yes, I do have a way with words and a certain composure which I tend to uphold. Some tend to think it makes me arrogant and snubby. I'd prefer to call it "eloquency" though.

Refined / artistic / good taste - Of course. :P

Pleasure oriented - I love beer, cheese and women. Guilty, I suppose. :P

Gentle - Pssht, that was supposed to be a secret.

Sensitive to others - One thing I hate about me is that I do care what people think of me. I wished criticism against my very person'd leave me cold, but I usually take things well to personal.

Analytical,clear-minded and logical, however still manages to be gullible and influenceable, naive. - Hits the nail on the head.

Very Romantic, strongly interested in the opposite sex. - Oh Rly? Jo Frly! ... I'm afraid that's me again. :D

Cheerful - I can be very fussy, but I always see the humour in a situation. Hard to keep me upset for a long time. I suppose I could break and arm and see the positive in it. Unbroken optimism, usually cracking jokes at the most inappropriate moments even. Yup, that'sa me, Sigurd. :rofl

Flirty / frivolous - Meee? Never ... ;) Yes, I suppose I actually am the worst flirt there can be. And just because I'm flirting, don't mean I'm interested - I just enjoy flirting a little. Nothing wrong with a bit of cheekiness. :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libra_(astrology)

Gets even worse in the likes/dislikes points. And well ... countries associated with Libra does mention Austria. :grangel

Either way, typical Libra here.

EDIT: Addendum, it gets even worse when getting to other details. Libra is a cardinal sign ---

According to astrology, Libra individuals (associated with the element of Air) tend to express their authoritative Cardinal Quality in a subtle and charming fashion --- me again! :rofl

triedandtru
Monday, February 2nd, 2009, 02:48 AM
Aquarius.

Gorm the Old
Monday, February 2nd, 2009, 03:07 AM
Sorry. I looked to see if I had posted in this thread before, but, somehow, I missed it., Anyhow, the fact that my second post is so very similar to the first shows that I am consistent.

GroeneWolf
Tuesday, February 3rd, 2009, 07:17 PM
Virgo Positive Traits

Modest and shy
Meticulous and reliable
Practical and diligent
conservative

Virgo Negative Traits

Fussy and a worrier
Overcritical and harsh
Perfectionist

Hulda.Kin
Wednesday, February 4th, 2009, 07:20 AM
Virgo/Libra cuspian here... born on a full moon at the Spring Equinox(Sthn hemisphere). Sun signs are important but so is the Moon placement and the Ascendant sign.

Wolfgrim
Wednesday, February 4th, 2009, 07:55 PM
i'm a lion and i thought there would be a lot more of them!

Oski
Wednesday, February 4th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Pisces

The last incarnation some would say.

germanbornfemale
Tuesday, March 23rd, 2010, 03:01 AM
Late October child, Scorpio.

Forest_Dweller
Wednesday, March 24th, 2010, 07:23 PM
Virgo Positive Traits

Modest and shy
Meticulous and reliable
Practical and diligent
conservative

Virgo Negative Traits

Fussy and a worrier
Overcritical and harsh
Perfectionist

This is basically me in a nutshell, I wish I could be more carefree :/

Wulfram
Wednesday, March 24th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Pisces. According to what I have read, is supposed to contain a little bit of all the other signs as well. Don't really know too much about it.

Joe McCarthy
Wednesday, March 24th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Astrology is Semitic huckstery, but I am a Taurus.

Víðálfr
Thursday, March 25th, 2010, 02:48 AM
http://www.eso-garden.com/images/uploads_bilder/signs_of_the_zodiac_paintings_4.jpg

The one Watersign ruled by the Moon. :D Characterized by the verb to feel. Devoted to home and family.*

I read a lot on astrology when I was in primary school, it seemed very interesting. Anyway, I dropped to the conclusion that, at least for me, it was better to know the world by other means, and not too much by this.

I've read that Watersigns go best with other Watersigns and didn't want to believe it. But now, if I look back, I realize that the best friends I had and still have are almost all Watersigns (mainly the other two, Scorpio and Pisces). It seems that Water has something specific about it, like the depth, which makes Watersigns more emotional, sometimes even spiritual, and maybe this is what links them (us) together.

* Home and Family, which also mean Tradition and Heritage. History and The Past. And so forth.

Reich des Waldes
Thursday, March 25th, 2010, 03:13 AM
Leo. Born in the middle of summer, nigh mid-day. Sun at it's zenith. :cool

Mid-day; moment of the shortest shadow; end of the longest error; zenith of mankind; INCIPIT ZARATHUSTRA

OneWolf
Thursday, March 25th, 2010, 03:21 AM
I'm a Virgo.And I mean I pretty much fit the bill for this sign.

Virgo man is extremely practical, possessing an inquiring and logical mind. Fickle in nature, a Virgo man is always on the move. He does not stay at one place and is likely to change even his residence quite often. Considerate, conventional and conscientious, Virgo males are down to earth in their moral outlook. They are obsessed with hygiene and cleanliness and as a result, often end up finding faults in others. They appreciate things of beauty and are very tidy by nature, working to keep their surrounding highly clean.

A Virgo male is very shy when it comes to sharing emotions. He finds it difficult to express himself in front of others. It is important for others to understand that Virgo individuals are not outgoing by their very nature and will need help if they are to build confidence. A Virgo man would be far more fascinated with a person who has appealed to his intellect rather than his emotions. However at times, he can be exceedingly demanding and would ask his partner or acquaintance to prove their love for him time and again.

If you want to understand a Virgo guy, it is very important to read in between the lines. He would require a partner who has complete faith in him and can appreciate the depth of his feelings and patience when it comes to achieving goals. Virgo men may be termed as insensitive and illogical, but this is essentially due to the expectations they have from people. They expect a lot more from those around him than they may have been able to provide. Speculative in mind, Virgo man would be fond of science i.e. medicine, food, diet and hygiene, etc.

Strange how real this is.:thumbup

Angus
Thursday, March 25th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Virgo. Which seems to be the majority.

OneWolf
Thursday, March 25th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Virgo. Which seems to be the majority.

Imagine that!

Alqua
Sunday, April 11th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Scorpio. We are the 4th ones people, not bad, not bad at all :D

Devin De Blois
Monday, April 12th, 2010, 12:59 AM
I'm a scorpio too. I love scorpions, they're a neat animal and I love the band Scorpions (the new album rocks!). Even though I think astrology is nonsense I still like the scorpio sign because it's the only one that looks even remotely like what it's supposed to be and because there's a huge red giant star Antares, "the scorpions heart" I think it's called right where the heart should be I guess, pretty cool.

Scorpio. We are the 4th ones people, not bad, not bad at all :D

Alqua
Monday, April 12th, 2010, 01:52 AM
Nice, I hadn't thought of that. I don't believe in astrology neither but it's always nice to check these kind of stuff. Antares also means Ares' rival as I understand.

germani_plato
Sunday, May 9th, 2010, 04:31 AM
Western Aries, Chinese Rabbit. I'm a "RamRabbit". My wife is a BullTiger, which is considerably cooler.

Leof
Saturday, June 11th, 2011, 09:16 PM
What is your sun sign? Just to clarify we are using the tropical since it is the most common. Mine is Scorpio.

Untersberger
Saturday, June 11th, 2011, 11:00 PM
Astrology !! As we are upon entering the age of Aquarius is this of Importance?

Leof
Saturday, June 11th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Astrology !! As we are upon entering the age of Aquarius is this of Importance?

:D

Merely interested in what everyone's signs are.

@ Mods, is there any chance I can get a sticky for this?

Ocko
Sunday, June 12th, 2011, 05:27 AM
scorpio

Ælfrun
Sunday, June 12th, 2011, 05:38 AM
Taurus! I am an angry Bull. :burn

hyidi
Sunday, June 12th, 2011, 05:48 AM
Another scorpioian here!

Leof
Sunday, June 12th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Interesting. So many Scorpios thus far. I wonder if we will keep the lead as more people vote.

Goomer
Sunday, June 12th, 2011, 11:38 AM
May 17th. Taurus all the way:)

Gall Óglach
Sunday, June 12th, 2011, 12:10 PM
The earth has tilted since the mesopotamians or whoever made that nonesense up, so add about six weeks to the current version, to find out your actual star sign, if you believe in that drivel.

Thusnelda
Sunday, June 12th, 2011, 02:08 PM
My zodiac sign is Leo.

@ Mods, is there any chance I can get a sticky for this?
Well, you´ll find our banking informations in your postbox. The transferred sum of money decides the answer on your question. :P :D

Germaid
Sunday, June 12th, 2011, 02:13 PM
I'm a Capricorn (and as stubborn as they are often described :D)

Leof
Sunday, June 12th, 2011, 09:22 PM
The earth has tilted since the mesopotamians or whoever made that nonesense up, so add about six weeks to the current version, to find out your actual star sign, if you believe in that drivel.

I specified Tropical ;)

Ptolemy, who is considered the grandfather of astrology stated that the position of the constellations did not line up entirely with the tropical calender. In fact, the Earth rotates through over 20 different constellations during a full year. He explains they are merely symbolic with what that position is associated with.

In Sidereal/Vedic astrology which is what you're talking about, the sun sign isn't as important as the moon and rising signs.

If you go by that I would be a Libra which I certainly am not. :P

Edit - I will note that the Earth has indeed shifted in the past few thousands years some. I have heard that massive volcanic eruptions and earthquakes are capable of shifting the Earth's rotation by a few inches.

moromans
Monday, June 13th, 2011, 05:52 AM
April 26 so I am a definite Taurus!

Astrid Runa
Wednesday, June 15th, 2011, 09:42 PM
I was born inbetween Virgo and Libra....

Silent_Saxon
Friday, June 17th, 2011, 05:42 AM
Scorpio. I've been told that I have the traits of one but I honestly don't even know what they are. This isn't really my thing.

Albie
Friday, June 24th, 2011, 09:02 AM
I'm a Virgo born on 9-11. I wish I was born on another day.

Symbol - The Virgin
Stone - Sapphire
Flowers - Morning Glory and Pansy

Albie

catywampusness
Thursday, June 30th, 2011, 11:39 PM
Taurus.

And by the Chinese calendar, born in the year of the Ox.

I guess one cow just wasn't enough.

feisty goddess
Friday, July 1st, 2011, 04:50 AM
Cancer II. The day of my birthday is July 7th, the day of imaginative revelation, fits me perfectly :D.

Primus
Tuesday, July 5th, 2011, 01:09 AM
I'm a Libran.

ekorn
Monday, July 25th, 2011, 11:11 PM
I'm a Gemini, dunno what that means, never been interested in such things.

Elizabeth
Friday, December 7th, 2018, 06:03 PM
My Sun sign is Aries. :)

My Moon sign is Aquarius. (in the 11th house)

My Ascendant sign is Pisces. (Sun in 1st house)

Elizabeth
Friday, December 7th, 2018, 06:07 PM
I'll simplify it for the nonbelievers...

Astrology - good
Horoscopes - BS

http://www.astro.com[/url]

I like www.astro.com (http://www.astro.com) Known about it for years. I also like [url]www.alabe.com :)

Gareth Lee Hunter
Friday, December 7th, 2018, 06:31 PM
I'm a July born Cancer (7-10).

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/06/f8/6c/06f86c5c63813eb42beb3f26fc37ead9.jpg

Yep! :nod

Alice
Friday, December 7th, 2018, 06:53 PM
Quite a few Scorpios here, I see.

Wuotans Krieger
Friday, December 7th, 2018, 07:02 PM
Scorpio since the day I was born! 'Highly secretive, mysterious and highly suspicious of everything. A complex personality.'

Elizabeth
Saturday, December 8th, 2018, 02:16 AM
I counted about four or five Aries in the thread but only two voted, including me.

Víðálfr
Saturday, December 8th, 2018, 02:28 AM
My Sun sign is Aries. :)

My Moon sign is Aquarius. (in the 11th house)

My Ascendant sign is Pisces. (Sun in 1st house)

Wow, so many details... So you know your moment of birth precisely? :P

In my case most likely is Gemini Ascendant (with Venus in first house). Moon sign Virgo, Sun sign Cancer.

LillyCaterina
Saturday, December 8th, 2018, 02:30 AM
I'm a Gemini (6-11)

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/d6/14/0b/d6140b12d41e3073068dbbd416d77b09.jpg

Elizabeth
Saturday, December 8th, 2018, 02:59 AM
Wow, so many details... So you know your moment of birth precisely? :P

In my case most likely is Gemini Ascendant (with Venus in first house). Moon sign Virgo, Sun sign Cancer.

Yes, the exact time is on my birth certificate. My Ascendant is 24 59 Pisces. Some charts say 25 01 Pisces.

I have Sun, Mercury, and Venus in the first house.

Víðálfr
Sunday, December 9th, 2018, 08:30 PM
Yes, the exact time is on my birth certificate. My Ascendant is 24 59 Pisces. Some charts say 25 01 Pisces.

I have Sun, Mercury, and Venus in the first house.
Wow, so much precision! :-O

It's good to know the exact time of birth precisely. In many countries it is not written on the birth certificate, or it is not accurate (you cannot trust what's written there). I think that's a good service, to write it down precisely.

In my case just a few minutes difference can switch my ascendant from Gemini to Taurus... as I don't know precisely the time of my birth, just approximately. But knowing some astrology helps with this, of course. I have more traits of Gemini ascendant than of Taurus one, for sure! Even though Venus in the first house can complicate the interpretation a little bit...

Finnish Swede
Sunday, December 9th, 2018, 10:08 PM
Believe or not I'm Pisces (nobody is perfect ;)).

Elizabeth
Monday, December 10th, 2018, 02:02 AM
Wow, so much precision! :-O

It's good to know the exact time of birth precisely. In many countries it is not written on the birth certificate, or it is not accurate (you cannot trust what's written there). I think that's a good service, to write it down precisely.

In my case just a few minutes difference can switch my ascendant from Gemini to Taurus... as I don't know precisely the time of my birth, just approximately. But knowing some astrology helps with this, of course. I have more traits of Gemini ascendant than of Taurus one, for sure! Even though Venus in the first house can complicate the interpretation a little bit...

My birth weight and birth time are the same numbers only in reverse. For a while I thought my birth certificate was wrong and they switched my numbers for a joke (I was born on April Fools' Day) because I thought I was more like mid-Taurus rising than late-Pisces rising. But With Pisces rising I do have Venus in the first house which is like Taurus in a way.
I have two planets in Taurus.

Alice
Monday, December 10th, 2018, 08:04 AM
Believe or not I'm Pisces (nobody is perfect ;)).

Another fellow fish here. :)

nittionia
Monday, January 7th, 2019, 03:31 PM
Aquarius (:

Uwe Jens Lornsen
Tuesday, January 8th, 2019, 03:18 AM
The January 1st , I counted more than 40 birthdays listed at the footer of the main page .

Am wondering , if that would be the software's default value , or if that would be real , that a large amount of people register on Skadi , who are born on Silvester / New Year's Eve .

Edit : Since we live in times of stellar precession , meaning each 72 years the 30° Degrees grid moves 1° Degree further towards New Years Eve , thus shifting the Zodiac Sign after some 2100 years one constellation backwards , I am uncertain , which one I should select :
The one , that had been around Christ year Zero , which would be Taurus , or the scientific actual (true) one , which would be Aires .

Sigurdsson
Wednesday, January 9th, 2019, 08:38 PM
Taurus