PDA

View Full Version : Is Your Hair Straight, Wavy, or Curly?

Northern Paladin
Sunday, May 29th, 2011, 05:47 AM
I have weird hair. Most of the time it's almost completely straight, but when it gets slightly moist, or when the air is very humid my hair starts to get very wavy, and even curly. I don't know what this might mean, I guess it's a Brunn/Cro-Magnoid thing.

Does anybody else have this type of hair?

Ediruc
Sunday, May 29th, 2011, 05:54 AM
My option is all three. :P

hyidi
Sunday, May 29th, 2011, 06:00 AM
My hair (when younger) was compeletly silky straight! Now I have Mostly straight hair but when moist it does get a little kinky (Kinky is the European trait)

Feverfew
Sunday, May 29th, 2011, 10:25 AM
I have completely straight hair, its very fine too. When I was a little girl I used to cry because I couldn't get ribbons or clips to stay in my hair. They always fell out. :( :-D:

hyidi
Sunday, May 29th, 2011, 02:37 PM
I have completely straight hair, its very fine too. When I was a little girl I used to cry because I couldn't get ribbons or clips to stay in my hair. They always fell out. :( :-D:

Yeah, I know what you mean by this; I also got the same issue. ;)

Sigurd
Sunday, May 29th, 2011, 03:40 PM

Not I, but a study colleague, whom I would classify on the CM spectrum likewise, has a very similar thing. It's mostly straight, just a few waves at the end (but much less so than my relatively wavy hair), but when it's been raining or after he's just had a shower, it curls very easily so that I tend to remark on him "looking like Jesus". :P

So, nothing out of the ordinary, really, don't you worry. :thumbup

My very own hair is wavy, somewhere in between those two fine Germanic & CM musicians, closer to Newsted's texture than to Schaffer's however. ;)

http://stmetal.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/jonshaffer.jpg
http://www.metal-archives.com/images/2/0/1/201_artist.jpg

(Evil tongues would say that if Alfred Rosenberg's and Jason Newsted's children had procreated with each other, someone that looks like me would be the result. I consider that a vile rumour. ;))

Thusnelda
Sunday, May 29th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Well, I think it´s between completely straight and mostly straight. :)

Ingvaeonic
Sunday, May 29th, 2011, 05:38 PM
It depends on how long I grow it, I guess. I haven't had shoulder-length hair since I was in my mid-teens, but back then it got slightly wavy towards the end of my golden locks. If I let my hair grow now, which is nowhere near shoulder length but just don't cut it for two or three months, it is completely straight.

Hesse
Sunday, May 29th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Between mostly straight and slightly wavy, but I come from a line of curly haired people.

My dad's is straighter than mine, his mother very straight (Norwegian), his father curly (German) my mom is wavier, and her father's side (German) is mostly curly. It seems like all my German family trees had curly hair. I wish they had straighter hair

Hersir
Sunday, May 29th, 2011, 06:10 PM
My option is all three. :P

Same here, I usually only get some small curls on the bottom of my hair.
And here is a free wallpaper of the favorite skadi moderator:D:P
http://i.imgur.com/d1Fwu.jpg

Sigurd
Sunday, May 29th, 2011, 06:31 PM

Now this is something we'll have to debate from man to man. Take it outside? :wsg

Hersir
Sunday, May 29th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Now this is something we'll have to debate from man to man. Take it outside? :wsg

Is there really any doubt?:P

http://morethandice.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/inigo4jpeg.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-NP42fZT3JgE/TcKLEct5hCI/AAAAAAAACFo/eE8SjjSFoXs/s1600/duel.jpg

Ælfrun
Sunday, May 29th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Now, now boys......settle down :P

Ælfrun
Sunday, May 29th, 2011, 06:50 PM
...also, my hair is super straight. I dislike it because it is so straight and silky that it does not hold any style. It is wavy sometimes if I braid it.

Goomer
Monday, May 30th, 2011, 07:47 AM
I have weird hair. Most of the time it's almost completely straight, but when it gets slightly moist, or when the air is very humid my hair starts to get very wavy, and even curly. I don't know what this might mean, I guess it's a Brunn/Cro-Magnoid thing.

Me:) My hair never gets curly....but it can get pretty wavy in the humidity.

hyidi
Monday, May 30th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Well, I think it´s between completely straight and mostly straight. :)

Hi Thushelda; May I ask, is that you in you're avatar? It's very striking and very pretty lass.

Thusnelda
Monday, May 30th, 2011, 03:18 PM

Well, you´ve got a healthy self-esteem, that´s for sure! :P But let me see: I like beards and long hair on men. So...you´re definitely my favourite Norwegian Skadi member. ;) The photo top left is the nicest.

Hi Thushelda; May I ask, is that you in you're avatar? It's very striking and very pretty lass.
No, it´s not me in my avatar because it´s a drawing and not a photo. But people tell me that I look similar, especially my hair and the face. If you have access to the Regular´s Section you can forge an own opinion about that.
But my real hair looks pretty much the same, by length, color and consitution (between completely straight and mostly straight).

Germaid
Monday, May 30th, 2011, 06:12 PM
No matter if it's long or short, my hair is alway completely straight. Braid waves only last two or three hours. I used to want curly hair but now I'm actually satisfied with what I have.

feisty goddess
Monday, May 30th, 2011, 06:56 PM
You guys are lucky. I think I have what I would call classic wavy hair, and it drives me nuts. My hair is very easy to flat iron, since its texture is so fine and thin and it looks much better with my face since it is mostly oval with a little bit of round/heart. I hate having to lug around a hair straightener though. :( I must get it from my father's genes, who has only one grandmother with curly hair but whats puzzling is she was a very tall and fair skinned nordish person. Some people say they would kill for my hair, but I think it looks horrible, because the waves are so messy and uneven. :( I've never liked curly or wavy hair, I always thought straight and sleek looked better, I had this as a child.

I've heard that whether your hair is curly or straight is determined by the pattern of growth out of the hair follicle.

Permafrost
Monday, May 30th, 2011, 07:04 PM
My hair is absolutely straight, whether the air is dry or moist, and its length is short or long. Actually it is even more straight when it's wet.

I like the way it is, except that it looks horribly ugly when it's mid-long, that is why I don't have the courage to let it grow :P

trotty-true
Wednesday, June 22nd, 2011, 01:58 AM
my hair is wavy with the odd spiral, though I do blow dry it occasionally to get it straight.

Albie
Sunday, June 26th, 2011, 09:07 PM

I understand what you mean. I never had ribbons in my hair because they fell out, but as an adult I have used clips and they never fell out (it just pinched strands of my hair which tugged at my scalp - ouch!). My hair is completely straight and cannot hold a curl. The curls always relaxed and fell straight after 2 or 3 hours.

catywampusness
Thursday, June 30th, 2011, 10:36 PM
I had straight hair until I moved somewhere humid. Now it has some wave to it, and curls up a little on those rainy weeks.

It's THICK too. Feels like a wool hat most of the time, hehe.

PinkGirl
Sunday, July 17th, 2011, 10:10 AM
I swear my hair has a mind of it's own. Usually it's wavy but at times it can be more straight! When I was young I had straight hair, then when I turned about 11 it started to become wavy! A mind of it's own I tell you! :P

hyidi
Sunday, July 17th, 2011, 12:26 PM
It's THICK too. Feels like a wool hat most of the time,
I have very thin hair but I use to wear hair extensions (too make my hair thicker,it looks more sexier) I wore them in summer and it was so thick and hot and heavy that I took them out. I then had to learn to live and love my thin hair. But, natural thick hair would be better on the average then clip in's.

Atali
Thursday, July 21st, 2011, 03:59 AM
I have thick wavy hair. It takes forever to dry, so I always use a hair dryer and Straightener. If I let it dry naturally, it will dry flat and wavey. Maybe the heat from the dryer makes it a bit thicker...it's weird lol.

hyidi
Thursday, July 21st, 2011, 04:04 AM
Maybe the heat from the dryer makes it a bit thicker
HEAT makes hair thinner! ;)

And also, Layering (layers) actually helps thin out thick hair! ;)

Kuzik
Thursday, July 21st, 2011, 04:14 AM
My hair is straight, then it gets kind of wavy/curly at the ends. It also gets really frizzy if unkept because it is so thin.

Here:
http://i54.tinypic.com/33lgold.jpg

Hesse
Thursday, July 21st, 2011, 05:05 AM

I can relate, for I had the same thing happen to me last week that you experience; my hair got curlier from the heat and humidity.

As I said earlier my hair is between mostly straight and slightly wavy (I find this rather strange since most of my relatives have curly hair) but last weekend it was really hot and my hair started to curl quite a bit at the ends, in addition my head and hair also got very sweaty, and I think the sweat helped it hold it's curl maybe sweat has a natural curling agent in it!

Despite how the heat is bothering me I actually enjoy the curling effect it had, becuase is long at the moment it started to flare outward in the rear towards the bottom, which I haven't been able to do lately, since last time my hair was cut there was too little taken off the front in relation to the rear, so it is getting in my eyes before it can start flaring out in the rear. I love this look, and think it is very aesthetically beautiful, if you've seen examples of what I'm talking about.

I really look forward to when my grows out and starts to "flare out" at the bottom I find this look very attractive in both sexes, especially when blonde maybe when I get my hair cut next time I will have it cut off more in the anterior side so that when it grows back I can get my hair to flare out at the bottom without it getting in my eyes.

I'm also capable of achieving spiral curls on the side when my hair gets long and in my opinion spiral curls are beautiful on both sexes.

ekorn
Thursday, July 28th, 2011, 12:28 PM
My hair is mostly straight...when it goes wetty its just a biiiiit wavy but once I dry it, its almost straight but crazy. :D

bæny
Thursday, July 28th, 2011, 12:36 PM
When I leave my hair alone, it's straight at the top and then goes wavy, sort of like this:
http://i.shoppinglifestyle.com/gallery/2009/09/11_AshleyOlsen.jpg

ekorn
Thursday, July 28th, 2011, 12:38 PM
When I leave my hair alone, it's straight at the top and then goes wavy, sort of like this:

Something like that happens to me aswell, just sometimes...

Hedensk
Sunday, October 2nd, 2011, 09:15 AM
My hair is completely straight, and fine. I tried getting a perm once when I was a girl, but it lasted only a week because of my hair texture. It went right back to straight, fine and silky. I was disappointed then, but I appreciate it now.

Elfriede
Wednesday, February 1st, 2012, 07:45 PM
My hair texture is similar to Cate Blanchett's in this picture. It's slightly wavy throughout and very fine. I used to wish that my hair was thicker but now I quite like having fine hair!

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z419/arcticbunnyy/url-6.jpg

Alice
Thursday, January 31st, 2019, 11:28 AM
Mostly straight with some wave, and the wave is accentuated if I air-dry my hair.

Herr Rentz
Thursday, January 31st, 2019, 11:59 AM
Straight when it's cut short. It starts getting a wave on the top and sides at about three inches in length.

Gareth Lee Hunter
Thursday, January 31st, 2019, 02:50 PM
Still dark and wavy.

https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/services/mediarender/THISLIFE/023021469001/media/24410531493/medium/1548945371/enhance

SpearBrave
Thursday, January 31st, 2019, 03:00 PM
if cut short it's straight and then curls and gets wavy when it gets long.

Elizabeth
Thursday, January 31st, 2019, 08:12 PM
My hair is wavy.