PDA

View Full Version : Do You Find Tans Attractive?

Fredericus Rex
Thursday, May 26th, 2011, 03:34 AM
Do you find people who are tanned look more attractive than those with paler skin? I personally don't get how tans make people look more attractive, other than albinos I in general think the paler the skin, the better you look.

Hesse
Thursday, May 26th, 2011, 03:47 AM
NO! I do not consider tanned skin to be attractive at all. Not only that, but it is also BAD FOR YOU and it causes you to AGE quicker! I like fair skin, naturally bleach WHITE and sometimes a little pink also and the Northwest European whiteness that cannot be found in other parts of the world.

Deathly pale, bring it on!

We as Northern Europeans have the fairest and most beautiful skin in the world. No other race can hold a candle to it, not the southern swarthy Europeans that look like olives and especially not the mud complected mexicans, blax, and arabs. I don't see why people of our race try to darken their beautiful skin that seperates us from the rest of the world.

Why should we attempt to look like them?

I don't know about some of my other lost kinsmen out there, but I for one would never replace my Germanic fair skin for a darker skin tone, even if the media spends millions to put emphasis on it! I have sunscreen on all the time whenever I go outside so that I don't darken.

Northern Paladin
Thursday, May 26th, 2011, 03:58 AM
I like the natural Nordish tan, everything else is a turn-off.

celticviking
Thursday, May 26th, 2011, 04:12 AM
There are plenty of Tan people in Australia,South Africa and New Zealand that look beautiful. A few in Europe and USA too.

Hugh Jackman,Isabel Lucas, Rebecca Romijn and Diane Kruger.

Pale Skin is also beautiful and it shouldn't be compared with the albinos.

Nicole Kidman, Cate Blancett and Emilie De Ravin. Marcia Cross are beautiful.

Pale men like Edward Norton are attractive.

Some other people have tan skin because they are Med or Paleo Atlantid.

Some White people have a kind of rosy, pink skin like Robert Pattinson.

Others are peach.

White people can have different skin tones, different hair colours and eye colours. Different Jaw and Nose shapes, Different weight and height.
We are not clones like other races.
we are unique and we should be proud and united.

Sigurd
Thursday, May 26th, 2011, 11:28 AM
The idea that someone be completely a bleach white is from the age where a pale skin was considered noble --- in the terms that the nobility could afford a sedentary lifestyle which put them apart from the sunburnt and suntanned commonfolk.

Myself, I enjoy a healthy and natural tan which is acquired by naturally being an outdoor person: In people with very light skin this will oft show in increased freckling (which, in my opinion, are "beauty spots" more than anything), in people with generally light to intermediate skin this will be a mild tan that never looks or is unhealthy.

What I can't stand is fake tans, and tans obtained by visiting tanbeds, but one can tell that apart very easily from a tan acquired by going hiking, swimming, working the farm. Now comes the time of year when even the blonde and light brunette ladies acquire a very mild tan, and it is quite luring, because it shows they're like myself an outdoor person. :)

Silent_Saxon
Thursday, May 26th, 2011, 11:41 AM
I simply do not find tan women attractive. Most white women around here will sunbathe for hours on end and some burn horribly in order to reach an unnatural level of brown. No thank you. Pale is pretty.

SpearBrave
Thursday, May 26th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Do you find people who are tanned look more attractive than those with paler skin? I personally don't get how tans make people look more attractive, other than albinos I in general think the paler the skin, the better you look.

I suppose a natural tan is ok on some people, however I am attracted to women with fair skin and even red hair. these types don't usually tan they burn and turn red. When they are red they look exausted or someting.

Sigurd
Thursday, May 26th, 2011, 11:44 AM
I simply do not find tan women attractive. Most white women around here will sunbathe for hours on end and some burn horribly in order to reach an unnatural level of brown.

That is, of course, too much, and falls in with the "tanbedding", and is quite repulsive. Tanning in the course of being in the sun should happen as part of another outdoor activity, which is when it will typically look healthy either way --- but not for its own sake, in which case skin cancer is often indeed just lurking around the corner. ;)

Thusnelda
Thursday, May 26th, 2011, 04:06 PM
No, i don“t like tanned guys. Men who sunbath for hours or go to the solarium have a serious problem, I wouldn“t want to date them. :P It must be a urban thing because I know no man in my village who goes to a solarium. A light natural tan from outdoor activities is alright, of course. :)

Angus
Thursday, May 26th, 2011, 04:11 PM
I dont mind tans, but it needs to be a natural tan gained from working out side or just being out enjoying the outdoors. I cant stand it when i see people walking around with an orangey glow they recieved from a tanning booth.

Sindig_og_stoisk
Thursday, May 26th, 2011, 04:12 PM
No.

If you have just returned from a vacation or if you are the outdoors type, then so be it. I would never presume to criticise that.

But tanned skin simply reminds me of those puny pretty boys wearing a couple of month's wages in ugly clothes, having poor taste in music and not caring for anything other then their apperance.

In other words, a major turn-off to any decent individual.

Ingvaeonic
Thursday, May 26th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Nothing wrong with a healthy tan. They look good on some white people. Not too dark of course, we don't want to look like negroes. But a tan that is, well, tan in colour is looks good and healthy. Too pale and one looks bloodless and anaemic.

Edgard
Thursday, May 26th, 2011, 04:16 PM
I dont mind tans, but it needs to be a natural tan gained from working out side or just being out enjoying the outdoors. I cant stand it when i see people walking around with an orangey glow they recieved from a tanning booth.

I totally agree. Natural tans from normal activities are fine looking but the really dark tans people work on are awful. White skin has been considered the most attractive by all cultures until modern twisted times.

Hersir
Thursday, May 26th, 2011, 04:31 PM
I dont find them attractive, but natural tans are alright.

Plantagenet
Thursday, May 26th, 2011, 04:43 PM
White skin has been considered the most attractive by all cultures until modern twisted times.

It still is outside of the West. Especially India and Korea.

As to the topic question, echoing what many others have said, I find a natural tan to be attractive, but not too tan. Perhaps it is because I am fair myself, but I've always been more attracted to fair women, even what some would consider very pale. I wish fair would come back in style because it seems today that tan-as-can-be is what is in, and especially among men. Rarely do you see fair-skinned, fair-haired men portrayed as attractive or masculine in the media today.

Ęmeric
Thursday, May 26th, 2011, 05:15 PM
No. It is called "tanning" because tanning is the process of turning animal hides (skin) into leather. Natural tanning is ok, particularly for men because it adds to musculinity but laying out in the sun for hours or going to a tanning salon is just stupid & vain.

wittwer
Friday, May 27th, 2011, 03:30 PM
I find an overly pale complexion somewhat sickly appearing. To me a natural tan appears so much more healthy looking with an appearance of vitality and strength due to spending time in the fresh air and sun while participating in active pursuits... ;)

hyidi
Friday, May 27th, 2011, 03:40 PM
I find tan and daker skin attractive only on white people,any thing else,ney!
White people I'm attractive to 100% of the time; does not matter if they are tan or not.

Thorolf
Friday, May 27th, 2011, 04:04 PM
I mostly prefer women without tans, but I have seen a couple with natural tans that did look good with it. I really hate fake tans though. We used to have a girl in my high school who tanned or use spray on tan and she was bright orange. She looked like an oversize oompa-loompa.

dark mind
Friday, May 27th, 2011, 04:36 PM
I think guys look better with a sound tan - it just looks healthier, I'm very pale and wish I were a little more tanned; speaking about a natural tan of course

however concerning girls, I really like very pale girls, with blue eyes and dark hair - kind of the snow white type

Northern Paladin
Friday, May 27th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Not very, especially when the skin starts to peal off, YUCK!

I prefer fair English/British women.

Eiriksson
Friday, May 27th, 2011, 09:36 PM
NO! I do not consider tanned skin to be attractive at all. Not only that, but it is also BAD FOR YOU and it causes you to AGE quicker! I like fair skin, naturally bleach WHITE and sometimes a little pink also and the Northwest European whiteness that cannot be found in other parts of the world.

Deathly pale, bring it on!

We as Northern Europeans have the fairest and most beautiful skin in the world. No other race can hold a candle to it, not the southern swarthy Europeans that look like olives and especially not the mud complected mexicans, blax, and arabs. I don't see why people of our race try to darken their beautiful skin that seperates us from the rest of the world.

Why should we attempt to look like them?

I don't know about some of my other lost kinsmen out there, but I for one would never replace my Germanic fair skin for a darker skin tone, even if the media spends millions to put emphasis on it! I have sunscreen on all the time whenever I go outside so that I don't darken.

Your statement about bad effects of tanning, seems to be obvious like those about harmfullness of smoking,
perhaps in moderation sun make skin little healthier, it dries out porres so natural products of skin can be released more freely, which makes it work properly, there are advantages, I believe.
(actually people with acne problems, get lot of relief from sun)
to sum up: some people may become healthier and thus look better.
(and feel less insecure)

Wodens Day
Friday, May 27th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Fashions change. In previous ages women used white powder to make their faces paler. Also, Japanese Geishes use white powder to make their faces paler. Queen Elizabeth 1st, one of England's greatest and most patriotic monarchs, who fought off Rome and the Spaniards during the Armada, was famous for using white face powder. I believe pale face makeup is a racial statement, that paler skin is higher status or more desirable than black skin.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_muAdyXY9pOQ/R3xXUqG9TpI/AAAAAAAAA3w/7GDGhGlO1zM/s320/672px-Maiko_in_Gion.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_LWXibMv4HzQ/S-WvMH4Hs4I/AAAAAAAABcw/xBMBP6eV4fc/s1600/renaissance.jpg

Feverfew
Friday, May 27th, 2011, 10:03 PM
I don't mind a light tan, provided it's been gained doing outdoorsy activities like farmwork, gardening, walking etc. I think a tan gained this way makes a man look healthy, and I'm a fan of the outdoorsy type generally. I hugely dislike orange people who worship sunbeds and fake tans.

I have very fair skin, and only freckle or burn. As I am outside a lot I use suntan lotion to prevent burning. It's odd how my mother is a very light blonde yet will tan very easily, yet my father has darker hair and never tans. I suspect my mother has some Scandinavian blood somewhere, I think the Danes were in Dumfriesshire for some time. More research needed. :)

Astrid Runa
Friday, May 27th, 2011, 11:38 PM
I like natural tans.
The guy I'm seeing has a tan, and that's because he spends so much time outdoors training and working. If he'd stay indoors, he'd look like me. Deathly pale.

Cuchulainn
Friday, May 27th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Not to the point of being brown and never that fake crap or from a tanning bed, but a natural tan from just spending time outside is kinda nice. Maybe its just that kind of mentality I find atractive... and I live in Texas, it doesn't matter how white you were, if you spend time outside yer gonna get tanned ya'll:D

Meadhbh
Saturday, May 28th, 2011, 01:31 PM
It depends on the person and the time of the year. I mean its summer so no matter who you are, you step outside your going to get some form of a tan. So long as its a natrual looking tan it looks good. Now if your sporting one in the deepths of winter when its not natrual for you, it looks weird.

Astrid Runa
Saturday, May 28th, 2011, 06:31 PM
It depends on the person and the time of the year. I mean its summer so no matter who you are, you step outside your going to get some form of a tan. So long as its a natrual looking tan it looks good. Now if your sporting one in the deepths of winter when its not natrual for you, it looks weird.

I've seen people get sunburned in winter. I got sunburned on a cloudy day in November. It happens.

Autosomal Viking
Saturday, May 28th, 2011, 06:43 PM
To answer the question: only the healthy kind that gives a slight golden or ruddy complexion indicative of some time outside, and I'm from the sunshine state. But it's not like I consider pale skin to be unattractive.

I'm normally not in the sun very much so I have to be careful to not get burned under the intense Florida sun. I have found places significantly higher in latitude to have more manageable levels of UV rays.

folkesang
Monday, May 30th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Natural tan can look good:) Too much tan just looks weird..

Wulfram
Monday, May 30th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Natural tan can look good:) Too much tan just looks weird..

Indeed.

If this guy adds any more fake tan spray he might be accused of racism.

http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff355/williamofwaco/WACOAN/daily_picdump_689_640_30.jpg

Hesse
Tuesday, May 31st, 2011, 12:17 AM
Not very, especially when the skin starts to peal off, YUCK!

That's your nordic trophy, ENJOY IT!

Chris Clafton
Wednesday, June 1st, 2011, 03:56 AM
Do I find tans attractive?

Well in regards to nature: As long as it is obtained naturally (from the sun) and not with the use of tanning beds or nasty orange-colored sprays (like Banana Boat), then yes, I find tans to be a nice addition to my preference for women. Pale women are just as beautiful, though, so don't get me wrong!

Tristan-
Wednesday, June 15th, 2011, 03:10 PM
I couldn't care less.
If the tan looks good on them, yay, if it doesn't nay.
A certain amount of exposure to the sun is healthy though. (vitamin-production)

hyidi
Wednesday, June 15th, 2011, 03:43 PM
A certain amount of exposure to the sun is healthy though. (vitamin-production)

Yeah,women that spend so much time in the sun,there skin turns to leather!
In Aus,we have a slogan- slip,slop,slap; every summer!

Tristan-
Wednesday, June 15th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Yeah,women that spend so much time in the sun,there skin turns to leather!
In Aus,we have a slogan- slip,slop,slap; every summer!

Well, I think such behaviour exceeds the "certain amount of exposure" I was talking about. :)

Sauerteig
Wednesday, June 15th, 2011, 11:53 PM
I am very partial to fair skinned women. Gillian Anderson, Amy Adams, Carice van Houten and a German Goth Singer Constance Rudert are among some of my pinup girls.
Tans are ok if natural. But right now all the rage is this artificial orange that just looks weird on naturally fairskinned people, not to mention unhealthy.

Northern Paladin
Thursday, June 16th, 2011, 06:49 AM
Fair skinned women for me, but a mild natural tan acquired from being outdoors doesn't hurt. I kind of like it actually.

Ęlfrun
Thursday, June 16th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Not at all.

catywampusness
Monday, June 27th, 2011, 07:52 PM
I agree with the 'natural' tan looking best. Too much and it looks odd and maybe even like it may be dangerous to the person's health.

Though, I also prefer natural hair colors to dye enhanced ones.

norseking
Tuesday, June 28th, 2011, 05:45 AM
I think if you tan too much and go tanning everyday and the salon and get spray tans then its a bit excessive. But when its hot out and your in the sun I love the look of a sunkissed tan. That natural norwegian tan I see in norwegian women is to envy

captainblue
Wednesday, June 29th, 2011, 05:22 PM
I like fairskin women and to much time in the sun turn skin too leather.

Goomer
Thursday, June 30th, 2011, 06:06 AM
Sure....as long as they're not overdone. However, tanning is not very good for the skin overall....and the fairer skinned you are, the better off you are just staying out of the sun altogether.

Interestingly, and I speak from my own experience and from seeing a few fair-skinned family members also get tan this way.....it seems tanning beds do a better job at tanning than the sun does, lol. It's the ONLY time in my life I ever truly had a *tan* Other than that....I basically become lobster-red.....and then peel.

NO fun:(

Magni
Thursday, June 30th, 2011, 06:22 AM
I do not like tans at all. I love pale ivory skin.

Gray
Thursday, June 30th, 2011, 06:44 AM
I like pale skinned girls a lot better, myself.

Magna Germania
Saturday, July 2nd, 2011, 06:31 PM
No, no, I like my fair maidens. Of course, my preference for red hair may factor into that

Elessar
Wednesday, July 6th, 2011, 07:23 AM
A healthy outdoorsy tan I like, fake tans and tanning bed users, I don't find attractive.
There's nothing wrong with being tan, it doesn't mean you're not "white" or Germanic, it means your skin is capable of absorbing the suns rays.

PinkGirl
Sunday, July 17th, 2011, 09:26 AM
I don't have a problem with those who venture outside and get somewhat of a Tan. I think purposely trying to tan your skin is ridiculous. :P

BigNoise
Monday, August 15th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Depends on the person. Imperfections are more glaring on someone with fair skin.

I will say, a healthy, attractive, fair skinned, red headed women is my kryptonite.

AuroraNordalis
Monday, August 15th, 2011, 11:26 AM
If it's a natural farm tan then I don't mind. If it's a tan done pourposly to become dark then I don't agree, thats like a black person bleaching their skin.

Alfadur
Monday, August 15th, 2011, 01:02 PM
I agree with the previous post. A healthy natural tan always looks good, but a fake orange-tinted solarium tan is just repulsive.

Sadly, the latter is rather common where I live.

Goomer
Monday, August 15th, 2011, 02:49 PM
I agree with the previous post. A healthy natural tan always looks good, but a fake orange-tinted solarium tan is just repulsive.

Sadly, the latter is rather common where I live.

I think it's because a lot of tanning salons hawk bronzers to their clients as a means to accelerate the tan. Orange skin is gross.

Angus
Monday, August 15th, 2011, 04:11 PM
I think it's because a lot of tanning salons hawk bronzers to their clients as a means to accelerate the tan. Orange skin is gross.

As if tanning or simply getting some color was difficult :blueroll: (granted if you're able to in the first place.) Go walk around outside, do yardwork, play some sports. Sorted. Theres no need to look like a walking Orange.

Sefo
Wednesday, January 18th, 2012, 09:34 PM
It depends on the woman. Some women look better with pale skin and i couldn't imagine them with anything else. Some women look magnificent with a tan. I am a sucker for both on the right person. :D

Svanhild
Tuesday, April 17th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Truth be told, I'm pale as a corpse and can't stand sun exposure for a longer period of time. Strongly tanned Germanic people look nauseous and damage their skin in the long run. Most of my partners were either as corpsy as me or normal untanned.

Do you know the solarium scene in Final Destination 3? All the tanning victims should share their fate. :P

qaz73KCiKaM

Hamrammr
Tuesday, April 17th, 2012, 02:51 PM
You would't want to see any pictures of me taken during the last 4 months of 2011... The reason being I was working outdoors everyday in a 31 to 35°C African sun (often forgeting a hat and sunblock) and with such a "farmer tan" you might just mistake me for a mulato! :D

It seems like us Germanics in South Africa (and perhaps Australia), are the only ones who get tanned involuntarily. My skin tone in the few pictures I have posted of myself is in stark contrast to the areas that is hidden from the sun. I am actually lily white but just like Stormjaerkommanda stated I also look like a mulatto due to spending lots of time outdoors. Unfortunately we are not very fond of suntan-lotion, the result is that many Afrikaners and Boere more specifically, suffer from some form of skin cancer later on in life.

Žoreišar
Tuesday, April 17th, 2012, 04:37 PM
I spend a lot of time outdoors at work, so inevitably, I'm going to get a bit tanned during the spring and summer time, regardless if I want to or not. I've never understood people consciously trying to 'get brown', though, as if it is a beauty ideal in itself. A little bit of colour is just a healthy sign, but I find something peculiar about actually wanting to look swarthy.

Elfriede
Tuesday, April 17th, 2012, 07:21 PM
I typically take it as a good sign if a man has a bit of a natural tan, it means they are probably active outdoors. However, if a man is going to a tanning salon then that is just gross :P

When I am out in the sun, I just burn then I return to being super pale. I really can't stand being out in the sun for too long. I personally think I would look weird with a tan anyway.

Granraude
Tuesday, April 17th, 2012, 08:07 PM
A natural tan can look good. But those fake-tanners and "bronzed" people look unbelievably silly.

I personally can't get a tan. Sure my skin gets a little less ghostly in the summer, but a tan? No way.

Forest_Dweller
Tuesday, April 17th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Light skin and rosy cheeks always looks more healthy to me on women:thumbup I can understand why women are attracted to guys with light tans though because it can make men look more rugged and is a sign that they are fit and active. White men tend to go a bronze colour when they tan aswell, which to me is quite distinct from the dull swarthy look.

Unity Mitford
Tuesday, April 17th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Yes. A light, natural tan is a sign of vitality. I love the sun and I don't enjoy looking like a corpse.

reenreen
Thursday, April 19th, 2012, 01:14 AM
I don't think tans are attractive. If you have a tan, i am not going to think that you look any better at all. The lighter you are the better. Say you work outside or like to swim etc, then the tan comes naturally yeah (make sure to wear sunscreen though!):), but i do not like them. I used to sunbathe every day all day the day it got warm outside, but now I could care less. I do like to swim and be outside so if i do get tan, it is unintentional. People should stop being so careless of their body and take care of your skin, a tan means sun damage.

tigerlily
Friday, June 15th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Yes, I like a nice healthy bronze glow. I don't tan very well personally (which might be the curse of my british blood :D). But there is nothing ugly or non-Nordic about summery tan skin. I think it is quite pleasant to look at, and that special golden sort of look is just as unique to Northern Europeans as pale skin is. If anything I think it adds to our variety. :)

Sól
Saturday, June 16th, 2012, 04:02 PM
I prefer pale skin but not albino style. Natural and healthy white Europeans have a pinkish skintone. A light golden tone from exposure to a natural sunlight is ok too. That depends on skin types and how skin reacts to sunlight. :)

Sybren
Saturday, June 16th, 2012, 04:15 PM
I don't think tans are attractive. If you have a tan, i am not going to think that you look any better at all. The lighter you are the better. Say you work outside or like to swim etc, then the tan comes naturally yeah (make sure to wear sunscreen though!):), but i do not like them. I used to sunbathe every day all day the day it got warm outside, but now I could care less. I do like to swim and be outside so if i do get tan, it is unintentional. People should stop being so careless of their body and take care of your skin, a tan means sun damage.
A tan doesn't mean sun damage. A tan means that your body (temporarily) adjusts to protect you from direct sunlight. Of course you should be careful in the sun, but i reckon nature knows what it's doing. We are meant to get some sun on our skin every now and then.

I don't get the aversion against tans. A tan doesn't mean you're any less Germanic or "white" (well, in the literal sense it does ;) ) or anything like that. The most Nordid types often have great tans and look good having them. Lots of tanned people here in the Netherlands during summer and i noticed a lot of tanned native Norwegian people on my holiday last week. Just Germanic people who like getting outdoors.

As long as it doesn't get very hot and humid, i like the sun :)

Catterick
Saturday, May 21st, 2016, 12:54 AM
Women should be light as possible but men a little darker. Even in Africa lighter skin is thought more beautiful in a bride.

Leliana
Saturday, May 21st, 2016, 01:24 AM
Women should be light as possible but men a little darker. Even in Africa lighter skin is thought more beautiful in a bride.

We women have almost always a little lighter skin than our men. :) It seems to be genetic.

Catterick
Saturday, May 21st, 2016, 01:35 AM
We women have almost always a little lighter skin than our men. :) It seems to be genetic.

Also that lighter people did less work outside. In women this implied status but among men, even high status men, it implied laziness/unfitness.

fjaran
Wednesday, December 13th, 2017, 05:48 PM
I do not find tans attractive at all personally. I want her to be very fair as I am, that she and I are the same. I can't really tan so much as I just get sun burn. Our race is fair and pink colored, whereas other races who are "fair" always have a brown/yellow undertone or hue to their skin.

Getting sun is fine but deliberately trying to tan yourself either in a tanning bed or being out in the sun exposed is damaging and aging to your skin. Many people are manipulated into not understanding this.

Gareth Lee Hunter
Wednesday, December 13th, 2017, 08:37 PM
I have a well-defined physique, and spend warmer weather wearing next to nothing as I workout within my private sanctuary. I like tanning naturally, because it highlights the muscles I worked damn hard to develop. And natural sunlight is chock full of Vitamin D as well.

Unless you're stupid and end-up sunburned, the Sun is our friend that we should all appreciate, because our world would be dark and dead without him.

Elizabeth
Wednesday, December 13th, 2017, 10:22 PM
I never understood why tans are considered attractive. I just don't see it. I prefer light, pale skin. Unfortunately I get sunburned a lot because I live in Florida. (Yes, I have lots of sunscreen but don't always use it.)

Wulfaz
Thursday, December 14th, 2017, 12:41 PM
I think tan is normal in spring or summer, whe the man spends much time outdoor. However in wintertime the rosy-white skin is normal what can produce Vitamin-D, but the tanned skin (solarium) cannot do this.

Rodskarl Dubhgall
Friday, December 15th, 2017, 03:50 PM
I'm indifferent to natural tanning from outdoor activities, but find tanning salons absolutely disgusting, especially in conjunction with fake hair color, make up and plastic surgery. Oh and no tattoos or piercings either, please. Those are ancient signs of slavery.

Siebenbürgerin
Sunday, January 21st, 2018, 01:20 AM
A little bit of natural tanning as a "farmer's tan" is alright. But the kind of tans from nowadays with tanning salons are a little bit exaggerated in my view. Even worse are those bronzer lotions which give the skin an orangy tone. It looks unnatural, even dirty. The worst combination is with bleached blond hair and "nude" lips.

Besides, tanned skin is literally burnt skin. The less your skin is able to tan, the less you should try tanning it. The worst case which can happen is skin cancer. :|

LillyCaterina
Tuesday, January 23rd, 2018, 01:16 AM
Yes, I appreciate an even natural tan, which is healthy as well as attractive if it is properly done.

Žoreišar
Tuesday, January 23rd, 2018, 08:59 AM
Besides, tanned skin is literally burnt skin.And the outer layer of skin is mostly dead cells, anyway.

The less your skin is able to tan, the less you should try tanning it. The worst case which can happen is skin cancer.I find it peculiar that most Scandinavians seem to have the ability to tan very easily. More so than Brits, Germans and even naturally pale southern Europeans, like North Italians, from my observations. I suppose it may have something to do with the midnight sun in the summertime, when the sun is beating down on you the whole day long. Northerners who were unable to form a decent tan quickly, would probably die prematurely from skin cancer. Personally, I get a little bit of a sunburn in May, which turnes into a tan after a couple of days, and lasts till October. I am more skeptical to using sun-lotion than getting a slight burn every now and then.

As for tans being attractive - definitely yes. It's a sign of good health and capability of adaptation to one's environment. Doesn't get more sexy than that. ;) Besides, fair skin that has tanned looks different from naturally melanin-high skin. It has more tones of red, likely due to a thinner layer of skin in Northern Europeans.

fjaran
Tuesday, January 23rd, 2018, 03:08 PM
I find it peculiar that most Scandinavians seem to have the ability to tan very easily.

Most? I don't agree with that and it is not something I have noticed personally. It also depends on what you mean by "tan," as a light "sun-kissed" tan is different than a heavy tan.

Rodskarl Dubhgall
Sunday, May 20th, 2018, 03:20 AM
Tanning fetish comes from an inferiority complex and culture cringe. I wouldn't mind visiting Bermuda and the West Indies, but I don't find it to be my natural habitat or paradise. I'd rather be pale and live in Newfoundland and Greenland. Is it so weird to be happy in one's own skin?

White Africa
Friday, September 21st, 2018, 02:39 PM
A bit of a sunburned/farmers tan can be attractive, yes. I understand neither the pale/corps-like craze nor the tanning salon craze. Being in the sun for a moderate amount of time can be healthy. Vitamin D, you know. Of course no need to take it to extremes, and there are a few exceptions with naturally very pale/freckled skin (we call it Irish sometimes) who don't take sun that well. But the average European/white-descended person can tan a bit. Needless to say, tanning doesn't turn one into a non-white.

Wuotans Krieger
Wednesday, November 28th, 2018, 05:29 PM

I agree and furthermore those who tan their skin risk getting skin cancer.