PDA

View Full Version : Opinion of Theonomy/Dominionism/Reconstructionism

Fredericus Rex
Tuesday, May 17th, 2011, 02:01 AM
What is your opinion of Christian theonomy/dominionism/reconstructionism as advocated by such people as RJ Rushdoony?

EQ Fighter
Tuesday, May 17th, 2011, 05:44 AM
Havent really studied them?

Why don't you give us an over view and your opinion.

Alfadur
Tuesday, May 17th, 2011, 04:14 PM
From what I've read online, Dominionism seems to be the sick domination fantasies of an old loon (what a fitting name, "dominionism"). Rushdoony wasn't quite right in the head.

Fredericus Rex
Tuesday, May 17th, 2011, 11:51 PM
Havent really studied them?

Why don't you give us an over view and your opinion.

Basically it is the idea that Mosaic civil law is still applicable (including its penalties) and should if and when the majority of society is Christian be imposed. I do not support it.

EQ Fighter
Wednesday, May 18th, 2011, 05:17 AM
Basically it is the idea that Mosaic civil law is still applicable (including its penalties) and should if and when the majority of society is Christian be imposed. I do not support it.

Well as I have stated, in other post on this board when Christianity is brought up, I have pointed out that, it sort of depends on which era of Christianity you are talking about.

The Era in which Jesus and the Apostles Lived, which more or less only was Jews. Or later on when it spread out and was reformulated by others.

I'm pretty sure the Goths and Vandals had a different view of "Mosaic civil law" than the those in Judea at the time of Christ.

Also which "Mosaic civil law" are we talking about, the Talmud which was a Euro Jewish Interpretation or the Early what we could call Pre Ashkenazim version.

Fredericus Rex
Wednesday, May 18th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Well as I have stated, in other post on this board when Christianity is brought up, I have pointed out that, it sort of depends on which era of Christianity you are talking about.

The Era in which Jesus and the Apostles Lived, which more or less only was Jews. Or later on when it spread out and was reformulated by others.

I'm pretty sure the Goths and Vandals had a different view of "Mosaic civil law" than the those in Judea at the time of Christ.

Also which "Mosaic civil law" are we talking about, the Talmud which was a Euro Jewish Interpretation or the Early what we could call Pre Ashkenazim version.

For most theonomists, it means the laws as stated in the Book of Exodus, Deutronomy, and Leviticus.

Reshki
Monday, June 27th, 2011, 06:05 PM
The bible seems to be quite clear on the fact that Christians don't follow Mosaic law.

Some of the New Testament laws are much the same, however, the penalties are not the same, and are, for the most part, left up to the local elders. If one wants to live under Mosaic law, then they really invalidate the whole purpose behind Christianity, they grossly misunderstand the purpose of the old law, and should probably just convert to judaism.