PDA

View Full Version : Cro Mag/Dinarid Mix

SebastianMan
Sunday, April 24th, 2011, 08:26 PM
I have been that I look a lot like a dinarid mixed with Cro Mag(Dalo-Faelid). As I do have relatively medium brown to dark brown hair/ golden brown eyes. Plus do have a family history of blonds when younger and some reddish hair, light eyes and what not.
However, my question relates to pigmentation. I have a relative intermediate skin tone but in the summer time my skin gets very very tan(golden brown). It is kind of funny because my hair lightens compared to my skin tone, which darkens in the deep summer. I must say I do spend a lot of time in the sun since I like sports. Strange because most of my family cannot get as dark as me. Is this normal for the dalo-faelid/dinarid sub race?

Northern Paladin
Monday, April 25th, 2011, 12:41 AM
You might find this thraed useful, Petrus Ratajczyk has been classified as a Dinarid/Cro-Magnid mix.

http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=131061

SebastianMan
Monday, April 25th, 2011, 06:03 AM
Thanks, that helps. I do believe I fit very well into the Dinaric type; however, I think I am quite an oddity because not many people I think have my type of pigmentation. I can be quite pale in the winter but quite dark in the summer. I always found it funny when people look at my license and say that is not you, lol.
I am still alittle confused when it comes to determining sub-group based off of skin pigmentation. I think the variations can be great depending on climate. Example: a couple of my relatives went to the caribbean for vacation and when they came back their skin was very tan and it started peeling off in sheets. It was the strangest thing I have ever seen. I guess it was real bad sunburn even if their skin was not red.